Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

2018 RS3 Sedan on Cdn/UK Website

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Nothing on US site yet..but Cda and UK have it posted up. Good sign that we are getting closer.
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1974 Plymouth Valiant Brougham
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I placed a deposit for one of the first allocations at Audi Downtown in Toronto. They had no pricing info. They had a list of available colours, interior options (red or silver stitching) and a few options; sport exhaust with black tips, sport seats, wheel options, technology package black trim options, and the Audi sport package (assuming this is the electronic limiter delete.) there might had been a couple of others that weren't relevant to me...don't recall. They didn't have any date info, but the assumption is June - August for mine!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post
    I placed a deposit for one of the first allocations at Audi Downtown in Toronto. They had no pricing info. They had a list of available colours, interior options (red or silver stitching) and a few options; sport exhaust with black tips, sport seats, wheel options, technology package black trim options, and the Audi sport package (assuming this is the electronic limiter delete.) there might had been a couple of others that weren't relevant to me...don't recall. They didn't have any date info, but the assumption is June - August for mine!
    Cool. What colour did you go with?

Do you recall if Audi exclusive colour was an option? Nardo grey?

Are you able to walk away if you are not happy with the car when it arrives and get fully refunded? What type of deposit did they take?
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

More details, please! What were the wheel options?
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram <-- link
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

AZ Member #

I didn't settle on a colour. As I mentioned it is holding the allocation slot. Not ordered yet, so I will consider all options and colours. I asked the guys to write the colours out, except the he red as I have no interest in a red car. Nardo Grey is an option for the RS3 sedan in Canada.

The wheels in the gallery photos on the website I was told were the standard 19". The name of wheel option escapes me but they are the old RS wheels seen often. At least, when I asked, the wheels I was shown a photo of (not from a menu of 2018 RS3 options) they looked pretty much like the like below.

https://preview2.netcarshow.com/Audi...12-1600-32.jpg

AZ Member #

Sorry, I am also able to walk if the pricing isn't suitable. We wrote up a deal sheet at $60k and then they upped it to $65k before I signed. Canadian dollars. I have a feeling it will be write in that range and is what I expect to pay. I am not thinking there will be a lot left to desire in the way of options. And most that I saw I won't likely opt for unless they are reasonably priced. I have no need to go over 250 kph, but sport exhaust might be nice.

I have a 1M, and fully optioned it was basically the same price as an M2 is now with the same kit.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry, I am also able to walk if the pricing isn't suitable. We wrote up a deal sheet at $60k and then they upped it to $65k before I signed. Canadian dollars. I have a feeling it will be write in that range and is what I expect to pay. I am not thinking there will be a lot left to desire in the way of options. And most that I saw I won't likely opt for unless they are reasonably priced. I have no need to go over 250 kph, but sport exhaust might be nice.

I have a 1M, and fully optioned it was basically the same price as an M2 is now with the same kit.
    Wow, I have to think $65k is bare bones RS3 before freight/pdi...or does not come to fruition likely. That seems just way too good to be true based on the S3 pricing. Would be nice though, because then maybe a full load RS3 is about $75k can. So that would put it right close to M2 pricing, with more power and AWD.
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

AZ Member #

Hopefully those wheels will be an option. Way better than the Hot Wheels wheels on the Paris car.
    John P.
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Established Member Two Rings CHCCubs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone know if the RS3 will be at the Toronto Auto Show?

Going to the show on Monday.
    2017 Audi S3 Nano Grey on Rock Grey

AZ Member #

Yes it is at the show. Red one

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I will be seeing it in person next week at the Canadian International Auto Show.
    My dealership sent me a 2018 brochure, with all the information regarding pricing and options in Canada.
    I have to say, I'm utterly disappointed with the wheel options (this is the second disappointment; initial disappointment was the lack of wide-fenders for the RS model).

Stock wheels are 19x8 square "Blade", similar to the wheels that's been on display but without the black.
    Option to choose 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Blade" wheels in anthracite black (silver surface with black barrel as the one that's been on display which are the ugliest Audi wheels ever)
    Also an option to choose 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Rotor" wheels in anthracite black (which I personally think black wheels are ugly)
    The only good looking wheel option is the 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Rotor" wheels in gunmetal -- however these are only available for factory-order vehicles and they're FRONT-staggered.
    Staggered tires are expensive, and front-staggered is going to be condemned with under-steer on the track.
    I was hoping for an 18" square setup that's good looking with 4- or 6-piston front brakes (which reminds me, there are no information on the stock brakes).

Aside from that, the car itself has basically no upgrades from the S3 aside from power train.
    It even has the same crappy MRS (which can be upgrade to RS fixed sport suspension, but shouldn't it come with it stock as a RS model?)

The M2 is looking much better at this point.

:(

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    More details, please! What were the wheel options?
    See my post above.

AZ Member #

The sport exhaust will be just like the S3 sport exhaust (which is a res-delete installed from factory or even at the dealership).
    Only difference is RS3 will have black tips.

I personally feel the RS suspension is a must because I doubt they re-tuned the MRS system for the RS3, and the one on the S3 is absolute crap.

Established Member Two Rings CHCCubs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by K2jer View Post
    Yes it is at the show. Red one
    Awsome,looking forward to seeing it in person.
    2017 Audi S3 Nano Grey on Rock Grey

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by reyoasian View Post
    I was hoping for an 18" square setup that's good looking with 4- or 6-piston front brakes (which reminds me, there are no information on the stock brakes).
    Stock brakes will be the existing 8-piston 370mm setup that's being used already...

AZ Member #

The sport exhaust will be just like the S3 sport exhaust (which is a res-delete installed from factory or even at the dealership).
    Only difference is RS3 will have black tips.

I personally feel the RS suspension is a must because I doubt they re-tuned the MRS system for the RS3, and the one on the S3 is absolute crap.
    If you follow the forums in the UK/Europe, you'll see that the sport exhaust is a worthy upgrade. Check out the video of the RS3 in Mexico that was just posted. Sounds phenomenal.
    John P.
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I will be seeing it in person next week at the Canadian International Auto Show.
    My dealership sent me a 2018 brochure, with all the information regarding pricing and options in Canada.
    I have to say, I'm utterly disappointed with the wheel options (this is the second disappointment; initial disappointment was the lack of wide-fenders for the RS model).

Stock wheels are 19x8 square "Blade", similar to the wheels that's been on display but without the black.
    Option to choose 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Blade" wheels in anthracite black (silver surface with black barrel as the one that's been on display which are the ugliest Audi wheels ever)
    Also an option to choose 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Rotor" wheels in anthracite black (which I personally think black wheels are ugly)
    The only good looking wheel option is the 19x8.5/19x8 front-staggered "Rotor" wheels in gunmetal -- however these are only available for factory-order vehicles and they're FRONT-staggered.
    Staggered tires are expensive, and front-staggered is going to be condemned with under-steer on the track.

Aside from that, the car itself has basically no upgrades from the S3 aside from power train.
    It even has the same crappy MRS (which can be upgrade to RS fixed sport suspension, but shouldn't it come with it stock as a RS model?)

The M2 is looking much better at this point.

:(
    Is it possible to post that order guide here, or email to me?
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

Veteran Member Four Rings Jimminez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 E63 AMG S Wagon, 2018 Q7
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by nicholascanada View Post
    Is it possible to post that order guide here, or email to me?
    - Martin

flickr : IG

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So are those the only 6 colors offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by hbaudi View Post
    So are those the only 6 colors offered?
    I assume so. I don't know any more than what this sheets states (and I copied it from the other thread that someone else posted). There may be an opportunity to do a special order color but they may not approve that in the early stages of production.

What color were you hoping for?
    - Martin

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
    I assume so. I don't know any more than what this sheets states (and I copied it from the other thread that someone else posted). There may be an opportunity to do a special order color but they may not approve that in the early stages of production.

What color were you hoping for?
    Some other colours listed in the middle part (ie. Panther Black)

I see no grey seats..that is really disappointing. That interior looked SO MUCH better with the grey seats.
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Some info on the differences on the available suspension. I emailed Audi Canada to try and get some info. No mention about it being height adjustable or dampening adjustable.

Q: "Regarding the Fixed RS Suspension option within the Audi Sport Package. Do you have any details about this suspension option? It is an additional cost which replacing the Magnetic Ride Suspension. Is it lower than the Magnetic Ride? Much firmer?"

A: "For Audi RS3 the Magnetic Ride is our highest level of suspension. The RS fixed sport suspension found in the Audi Sport Package is for customers looking for a stiffer fixed suspension option.

The RS fixed sport suspension (optional as part of Audi Sport Package) offers a dynamically tuned spring/damper combination, front axle with McPherson struts and a 4-link rear axle with separate spring/damper arrangement.

The Audi Magnetic Ride (standard) offers an adaptive damper system adjustable in 3 stages, front axle with McPherson struts and a 4-link rear axle with separate spring/damper arrangement and a suspension settings that can be selected in 3 stages via Audi drive select: comfort, auto, dynamic."
    - Martin