Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    RS7 Calipers on B8.5

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Found a set of RS7 front calipers that are not extremely expensive (less than a BBK) and was wondering if anyone has installed these on the B8.5 S4. I searched the forums and came up empty handed.

    Any speculation is these will work?

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ofspecialk; 02-09-2017 at 08:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    They should bolt up as i have the regular a7 calipers on my b8 a4 and the a7/rs7 calipers are interchangable between the 2. Now, im not sure if youll run into this problem but my wheels hit the caliper after upgrading so i had to run a 5mm spacer and even that barely cleaes

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    They should bolt up as i have the regular a7 calipers on my b8 a4 and the a7/rs7 calipers are interchangable between the 2. Now, im not sure if youll run into this problem but my wheels hit the caliper after upgrading so i had to run a 5mm spacer and even that barely cleaes
    interesting setup, why did you go a7 calipers instead of Q5 brembo?

    What did you do for rotors?

    got pictures?
    Last edited by ofspecialk; 02-09-2017 at 09:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    interesting setup, why did you go a7 calipers instead of Q5 brembo?

    What did you do for rotors?
    Got them REAL cheap lol the whole setup which included calipers, rotors, ecs brake lines and paint for them ran me 350-400. Did the install myself so i was gravy

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Got them REAL cheap lol the whole setup which included calipers, rotors, ecs brake lines and paint for them ran me 350-400. Did the install myself so i was gravy
    got pictures? do you need the lines? and those are only 2 piston right?

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    got pictures? do you need the lines? and those are only 2 piston right?
    Yea, ill post up some pics todau. Lines werent needed but worth it for the price

  7. #7
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    311928
    Location
    Pnw

    are these the same as the RS5 calipers?

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Bludool View Post
    are these the same as the RS5 calipers?
    this is what im looking right now

  9. #9
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by Bludool View Post
    are these the same as the RS5 calipers?
    No it's actually better. A lot lighter than the 8 pots on rs5.
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
    No it's actually better. A lot lighter than the 8 pots on rs5.
    what im concerned about is finding pads and a rotor that will work..... the dude wants 250.00 for the calipers and audi wants 200 for the rebuild kit so 450 over all.....but if i have to drop another 1K into extra parks (lines, rotors, pads) then ill just go with the Q5 calipers

  11. #11
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    what im concerned about is finding pads and a rotor that will work..... the dude wants 250.00 for the calipers and audi wants 200 for the rebuild kit so 450 over all.....but if i have to drop another 1K into extra parks (lines, rotors, pads) then ill just go with the Q5 calipers
    I guess you have to go for stock rs7 rotors and pads. You don't have many choices. And those are expensive especially the rotors. You are definitely looking at >$1k for lines rotors and pads.
    I'd go for 19z calipers for that price.
    However, there are no bbk for b8 platform that's larger than rs7 ones. If they are really bolt on to our cars they will be the best in terms of looks.
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    this is what im looking right now
    Those wont work and will actually too much for them to wrk probably tbh bro the headaches of finding the parts to finish them up is not worth it. Seen these before aswell and i backed out lol

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
    I guess you have to go for stock rs7 rotors and pads. You don't have many choices. And those are expensive especially the rotors. You are definitely looking at >$1k for lines rotors and pads.
    I'd go for 19z calipers for that price.
    However, there are no bbk for b8 platform that's larger than rs7 ones. If they are really bolt on to our cars they will be the best in terms of looks.
    i think im just gonna leave it alone, getting way to many red flags to go after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Those wont work and will actually too much for them to wrk probably tbh bro the headaches of finding the parts to finish them up is not worth it. Seen these before aswell and i backed out lol
    thats the input i needed, thank you.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    i think im just gonna leave it alone, getting way to many red flags to go after this....



    thats the input i needed, thank you.
    Looked into it just now a lil more and you could get away with this under 1500. Problem is i believe sourcing the brackets will be difficult because i think audi doesnt sell them on their own. Im gonna keep looking into it aswell. Also pm and we can talk more and i can send you pics of my current setup. Easier lol

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Looked into it just now a lil more and you could get away with this under 1500. Problem is i believe sourcing the brackets will be difficult because i think audi doesnt sell them on their own. Im gonna keep looking into it aswell. Also pm and we can talk more and i can send you pics of my current setup. Easier lol
    the only reason I'm going to keep it on the forum is so people can reference this in the future. nothing more annoying than finding a thread on what your trying to do and it just ends ;-)

    mind posting the pics?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    They should bolt up as i have the regular a7 calipers on my b8 a4 and the a7/rs7 calipers are interchangable between the 2. Now, im not sure if youll run into this problem but my wheels hit the caliper after upgrading so i had to run a 5mm spacer and even that barely cleaes
    Do they directly bolt up with no modifications?
    I've thought about s6/s7 brakes (actually 10mm larger than rs7 rotors) but eventually gave up and went for RS5 brakes.
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    depends where rs7 from. S6/s7 brakes (rotors and calipers) fit on b8.5 s5 (400mm rotor). Rs7 USA has 395mm rotors and carbon ceramic I get various info. The euro rs7 gets 420mm carbon ceramic.. also s6/s7 have a base 19" wheel FYI... sooooo


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  18. #18
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by jachien View Post
    depends where rs7 from. S6/s7 brakes (rotors and calipers) fit on b8.5 s5 (400mm rotor). Rs7 USA has 395mm rotors and carbon ceramic I get various info. The euro rs7 gets 420mm carbon ceramic.. also s6/s7 have a base 19" wheel FYI... sooooo


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    like these calipers?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    like these calipers?
    no, these are c6 calipers. We are talking about C7 calipers.
    c6 calipers are single piston calipers, which are the same as a4/a5/s4/s5 stock calipers.
    C7 have 6 piston calipers
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  20. #20
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    like these calipers?
    Those wont work. Have to be c7 a6/a7 calipers and ill post pics today eventually lol

  21. #21
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    348467
    Location
    Minneapolis MN

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    Found a set of RS7 front calipers that are not extremely expensive (less than a BBK) and was wondering if anyone has installed these on the B8.5 S4. I searched the forums and came up empty handed.

    Any speculation is these will work?

    Thanks in advance!
    Based on the costs discussed above you would be better off going with the Porsche Macon brembo calipers for that price. ECS tuning usually runs a kit special specifically for our Audi S4's. They bolt on directly
    2017 Audi RS7 Glacier White w/ Black Optics
    2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Amethyst

  22. #22
    Established Member Two Rings ofspecialk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384804
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
    no, these are c6 calipers. We are talking about C7 calipers.
    c6 calipers are single piston calipers, which are the same as a4/a5/s4/s5 stock calipers.
    C7 have 6 piston calipers
    So these?

  23. #23
    Veteran Member Three Rings sirsycott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2013
    AZ Member #
    123507
    Location
    Orange County/CA

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    that's a c7 a6/a7

    you want to look for c7 s6/s7
    2013 Volcano red s4 - tvs 1960 giac tuned, milltek 100mm black quad tip cerakote black , stoptech 380mm, amber euro dynamic LED taillights, kw HAS

  24. #24
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    Those are the ones i have on my a4. Those are the dual piston calipers i was telling you about .

  25. #25
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    These are a7 ones. IIRC they are 4 pots so they are different. S7 ones should look like this:
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  26. #26
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    348467
    Location
    Minneapolis MN

    Quote Originally Posted by db12 View Post
    Based on the costs discussed above you would be better off going with the Porsche Macon brembo calipers for that price. ECS tuning usually runs a kit special specifically for our Audi S4's. They bolt on directly
    2017 Audi RS7 Glacier White w/ Black Optics
    2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Amethyst

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ofspecialk View Post
    this is what im looking right now
    Btw, im talking to someone about brackets and he says these are chinese knockoffs and i believe him. I cant find ANY caliper that resembles this one exactly

  28. #28
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2015
    AZ Member #
    365831
    Location
    Orange County, CA

    Look at this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS7-6-p...ZYlkvk&vxp=mtr

    Funny how the listing mentions Brembo, but you can clearly see Akebono on the bottom side. Not sure if the sticker with the number 8w0615105ah crosses over to anything.
    2016 S4, Premium Plus, BO Package, DSG, Sport Diff, Daytona Grey, CR-15 Strut Brace, EuroCode AK, 034 Trans Insert, ECS Drivetrain Inserts, 034 Rear Sway Bar, HRE FF01 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo GT 380mm BBK

  29. #29
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    RS7 Calipers on B8.5

    You could go with the Brembo bbk. But that's a 380mm 6pot kit. The s7/s6 kit is a 400mm 6pot made by brembo as well.

    The c7 s6/s7 and c7 rs7 carbon ceramic calipers almost have the part number. There's a thread in the c7 section about doing an rs7 conversion. Those Calipers you posted don't seem to be from either s6/s7 or rs7

    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  30. #30
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Btw, im talking to someone about brackets and he says these are chinese knockoffs and i believe him. I cant find ANY caliper that resembles this one exactly
    Correct. No audi comes with these.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    110170
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbsigman View Post
    Look at this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS7-6-p...ZYlkvk&vxp=mtr

    Funny how the listing mentions Brembo, but you can clearly see Akebono on the bottom side. Not sure if the sticker with the number 8w0615105ah crosses over to anything.
    Thats the exact link i looked at and i have deeply searched to nothing coming up. Even my bracket source says these are fake. Even the price for them is what tips me off aswell

  32. #32
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2015
    AZ Member #
    365831
    Location
    Orange County, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Thats the exact link i looked at and i have deeply searched to nothing coming up. Even my bracket source says these are fake. Even the price for them is what tips me off aswell
    I think I may have found out or getting close to what used those calipers.

    Found this caliper on Amazon and it looks like it still has the caliper bracket: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H0TP922..._B4rNyb1RR3RMA

    I did a search for "Akebono Audi" and I managed to find a 2017 Q7 that has similar curvature lines:
    Last edited by Lbsigman; 02-09-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    2016 S4, Premium Plus, BO Package, DSG, Sport Diff, Daytona Grey, CR-15 Strut Brace, EuroCode AK, 034 Trans Insert, ECS Drivetrain Inserts, 034 Rear Sway Bar, HRE FF01 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo GT 380mm BBK

  33. #33
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    364828
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Curious about the comments of S6 brake swap being no problem. Haven't people been unsuccessful getting S4 rotors (wheels) to clear on the S6 platform? What am I missing that allows it to work in reverse?

  34. #34
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    Curious about the comments of S6 brake swap being no problem. Haven't people been unsuccessful getting S4 rotors (wheels) to clear on the S6 platform? What am I missing that allows it to work in reverse?
    Are you thinking about last generation s6 or the current s6? Current s6/s7 chassis is c7. I do believe the a6/a7 share same rotors as the s4.

    I haven't completed my s6/s7 brake swap yet. Only have the tears complete and waiting for front brakes to be worn out before I swap them out.

    S6/s7 rear brakes swap over painlessly. 356mm rear rotors look so good under stock 19's. My rear rotors are now the same size as the front. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  35. #35
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    364828
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    I am not certain of the generation but the rotors I'm thinking of are 400mm. That alone makes me suspicious.

  36. #36
    Senior Member Four Rings yjypm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    360676
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I am not certain of the generation but the rotors I'm thinking of are 400mm. That alone makes me suspicious.
    That would be c7.
    Current: '18 M3
    Sold: '14 Estoril Blue S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL 179/57+DSG | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | ECS RS5 380mm Front BBK | Macan Ducts | Brembo GT 380mm Rear BBK | AWE Touring | IE 5" Intake | Bilstein B12 | USP Led kit | CR-15 | 034 Rear SB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VCDS | P3 |

  37. #37
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    Ohh. Lol he was talking about wheels. Well. The base c7 s6 wheel is a 19" wheel. There are going to be some 19" wheels that fit over the 400mm brake rotors. I'm hoping 19" s5 peelers fit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  38. #38
    Registered User One Ring RacingBrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2010
    AZ Member #
    57307
    Location
    Fullerton, CA

    Anyone knows the difference between RS7 caliper for CCB and Iron, obviously the rotor sizes are different (420mm vs. 390mm) so the calipers, adaptors or pad must be different but not sure exactly what the difference are.

    Thanks

  39. #39
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    RS7 Calipers on B8.5

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingBrake View Post
    Anyone knows the difference between RS7 caliper for CCB and Iron, obviously the rotor sizes are different (420mm vs. 390mm) so the calipers, adaptors or pad must be different but not sure exactly what the difference are.

    Thanks
    There's a thread for something like this in the c7 side of the forum. But ccm rotors require the calipers to be built better to handle higher heat. I don't know the actually spec difference between the rs7 ccm vs iron. But I'm pretty sure the pistons have venting and the seals are higher heat resistant. As far as piston size, I'm going to assume they are the same size/volume as iron rotors. The rs7 master might be different (similar to how rs5 ccm package had different master cylinder) because ccm needs to warmed up in order to operate best.

    Edit: I just realized who I was replying to. Lol why am I explaining things to you guys.

    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  40. #40
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    Curious about the comments of S6 brake swap being no problem. Haven't people been unsuccessful getting S4 rotors (wheels) to clear on the S6 platform? What am I missing that allows it to work in reverse?
    I have an s5. My wheels have a lower offset than s4 wheels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.