Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thumbs up Sale Pricing - Revo S4 3.0t Charge Cooler Package - 20% Off

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Description:
    The Revo charge cooler package is a direct replacement kit that offers enhanced cooling capabilities to maximize the performance of your S4 3.0t. The supercharger on the 3.0t engine shares the coolant system with the rest of the engine, this causes temperatures to rapidly climb when driven at high speed for long periods or in hotter climates and these high temperatures cause the car to reduce power resulting in loss of performance. The package enhances the engines cooling capabilities giving access to more power for a longer period of time. The direct-fit standalone system has unique features that optimize the entire cooling system, a larger heat exchanger, the addition of a dedicated coolant reservoir and custom silicone hoses and fixing brackets. This offers more consistent and lower intake temperatures especially at the top end of the rev range and when in high temperature usage.

Heat Exchanger:
    To achieve more effective cooling, the heat exchanger has a much larger surface area than the OEM part and has over 50% more volume. The increased amount of coolant within the system means it has more to work with, effectively slowing down how quickly the OEM pump needs to move the coolant around and giving it more time to cool in the heat exchanger. The Revo engineers did not want to only increase the size of the cooler, but to ensure that it operated more proficiently than the stock part. Each end tank has been designed with specifically placed bars that evenly distribute coolant throughout the cooler, allowing more time for it to dissipate heat while in the core.

Divorced Cooling System:
    As a standalone system with a dedicated reservoir, the Revo charge cooler system operates far more efficiently, introducing more coolant to the system and reducing pressure on the OEM coolant pump. Dedicated to cooling the supercharger alone, the Revo system also allows the rest of the engine to cool itself more efficiently. The system has been designed with subtlety in mind and will fit directly in to the engine bay without any need for modifying.

Fitting Equipment:
    As well as the brackets and fixings, the Charge Cooler Kit also comes with Cad designed silicone hoses to re-route the coolant. Manufactured using automotive grade silicone and the highest quality polyester fabric, the hoses are built with four plies to ensure optimum strength and reliability.

Performance:
    Temperature testing was carried out to ensure that the new Revo system was doing its job. Carrying out consecutive high-speed runs of 0-160mph, the team were able to mimic the extreme scenarios that result in high intake temperatures and subsequently a loss of power. This was done at a private test track rather than on a dyno to ensure airflow was realistic. It was also noted that when at normal driving speeds there was a reduction in intake temperatures of between 3-6C with the Revo charge cooler fitted, compared to the same run with the OE cooler. The graph shows the 1st and 5th of 5 back to back runs with both the stock heat exchanger and the Revo Charge Cooling System. Each run was 0-160mph and air temperatures ranged from 17 - 20C, with the Revo charge cooler system remaining 12 C cooler than the Stock system after the 1st Run.
    • - 50% Larger Surface Area over Stock Cooler
    • - Optimized Charge Cooler End Tanks
    • - Divorced Cooling System with Separate Reservoir
    • - Dramatically Lowered Intake Charge Temperatures
    • - More Consistent and Increased Performance
    • - Direct Replacement Package
    • - Laser Cut Steel Brackets for a Seamless Installation
    • - High Strength Thick Walled Silicone Hoses
    • - Worry Free Fitment without Modification
    • - Designed and Developed in the UK
    • - Fitment is developed for the B8.5 models but the B8 can fit this with some minor work
    Revo S4 3.0t Charge Cooler Package - $959.00 each (Retail - $1199.00)

Order Here - Charge Cooler | Revo S4 3.0t

In Stock and Ready to Ship! - No Waiting!

Questions:
    If you have any questions or other needs please post here, PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Thank you,
    Last edited by Alex@Europrice; 03-07-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings jbullin2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL

Possible to buy just the bits needed to divorce the system? (Reservoir, brackets, hoses)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jbullin2 View Post
    Possible to buy just the bits needed to divorce the system? (Reservoir, brackets, hoses)
    The kit is only sold as a complete package to ensure all of the components work properly and get you the best results possible.

Senior Member Three Rings jbullin2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL

Quote Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice View Post
    The kit is only sold as a complete package to ensure all of the components work properly and get you the best results possible.
    Or so you have to buy the whole thing from them. Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thank you to those who have taken advantage of the sale!

Still more available, but don't miss out...

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what is the volume of the reservoir?

Established Member Two Rings <3S4PLAY's Avatar
    AZ Member #

will this system work on all years of the 3.0T including B8 models with the extra cooler in the drivers side bumper?

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes but no.

If you have a B8 you will need to relocate the oil cooler or whatever that thing on the front is.

You can either zip-tie the OE on or buy one for like $40 off amazon and mount that.

Revo may or may not support this officially.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | CF Inlays | Alcantara | B&O | Sports Diff
    Revo/CW | 3.26 PR | AEM Stage II Meth | USP CAI | Custom Catback | Coldfront | P&P TB
    CR-15 | STaSIS Sways | ECS Mounts | RS4 Grille | CF Decklid, Mirrors, Roof Spoiler | P3 | J-Codes

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E350 4Matic; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what is the volume of the reservoir?
    Second.

Where do u all mount the reservoir and what is the capacity
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU Tunes, KI 200mm Lower, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA"

Gone but not forgotten:
    2016 A6 3.0TFSI -- 2015 S4 DSG -- 2009 A4 2.0TQ Tip -- 2004 S4 6M -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ 6M -- 2003 A4 1.8TQ 5M -- 2000 A4 1.8TF 5M

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    Second.

Where do u all mount the reservoir and what is the capacity
    It's pretty tiny, maybe a qt.

Mounts to the existing holes near where the pump is mounted.

Top of the res is behind the drivers headliight like the AWE kit.

If you have more questions RTFM.

http://www.revotechnik.com/useruploa...rge_cooler.pdf
    Geoff
    Revo/CW | 3.26 PR | AEM Stage II Meth | USP CAI | Custom Catback | Coldfront | P&P TB
    CR-15 | STaSIS Sways | ECS Mounts | RS4 Grille | CF Decklid, Mirrors, Roof Spoiler | P3 | J-Codes

Veteran Member Four Rings 4Rings3Liters's Avatar
    AZ Member #

As for the divorced system... does that mean that the only way to check the coolant level on the extra tank is to manually check it since the stock sensors won't pick it up?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

haha, thanks man. will do

yes, divorced means you need to keep an eye on the SC coolant level or add your own sensor.
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU Tunes, KI 200mm Lower, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake

Gone but not forgotten:
    2016 A6 3.0TFSI -- 2015 S4 DSG -- 2009 A4 2.0TQ Tip -- 2004 S4 6M -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ 6M -- 2003 A4 1.8TQ 5M -- 2000 A4 1.8TF 5M

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4Rings3Liters View Post
    As for the divorced system... does that mean that the only way to check the coolant level on the extra tank is to manually check it since the stock sensors won't pick it up?
    Correct, to be fair the stock sensors do not do a great job of checking it anyway.

If I were to install my AWE kit again I would put a T-line fitting in and some clear tubing or a res to more easily monitor the levels without removing the cap.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Well this seems like a no brainer. About half the price of AWEs and AMSs kits and looks top notch. Am I missing something?

AZ Member #

AMS kit is nicer IMO.

This is almost identical to the AWE kit. Price is pretty similar as well.

Best bang for your buck IMO is still the PLM kit with an extra res to divorce the loops.

Note: This is ignoring the quality of the actual HE which I do not have information on.

Regardless, this is a great deal and worth grabbing if you are in the market.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    AMS kit is nicer IMO.

This is almost identical to the AWE kit. Price is pretty similar as well.

Best bang for your buck IMO is still the PLM kit with an extra res to divorce the loops.

Note: This is ignoring the quality of the actual HE which I do not have information on.

Regardless, this is a great deal and worth grabbing if you are in the market.
    I'm seeing AWEs and AMSs kits at $2000, hows that similar? Where's the extra G going?

AZ Member #

Here is a quick breakdown off the top of my head.

AWE kit contains an HE, small res that divorces the system and an upgraded pump.
    AMS kit contains an HE, large res that does not divorce the system and an additional inline booster pump.

AWE kit with only the res and HE is VERY similar to the revo kit. (Similar price)

PLM kit contains an HE and a large res that does not divorce the system.

There are others but it is late, I'm stuck in class and don't care to do the research
    Geoff

AZ Member #
    My Garage

APR had their heat exchanger on clearance (no reservoir) for around 500 bucks last month. Looks like they sold them. This setup seems nice if you dont want to deal with bleeding issues from the low mount reservoirs. Similar to the awe. The heat exchanger looks high quality.

The one issue i see is with the intake air temp chart above. It seems like the delta from run 1 to run 5 is actually worse with the revo hx compared to stock hx. Interesting.

The other thing interesting is that they call this a b8.5 only kit but the intake out out are on the opposite sides which matches up with our b8 setups not b8.5. With b8.5 they should both be on the drivers side.

Looks like you just route from passenger side back over to driver side under the unit.

Yeah here

Last edited by bhvrdr; 02-24-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm in the market for a heat exchanger due to my upcoming Stage 2 upgrade. I kind of want to do it all at once since I'll have the car in service position anyways. Is there anyone out there that actually owns this kit, that can chime in?
    2014 Estoril Blue S4: [DSG] APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley (57.75mm & 187mm), APR TCU tune, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers, AWE Touring Cat-Back with Resonated Downpipes, ECS Intake, APR CPS (Heat Exchanger)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^^^^^ Just as an fyi to set you at ease there's no need to go to service position to install a hx. Everything is in front of the factory radiator not behind it (where you'd need to go to Serv Pos.

mike
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    ^^^^^ Just as an fyi to set you at ease there's no need to go to service position to install a hx. Everything is in front of the factory radiator not behind it (where you'd need to go to Serv Pos.

mike
    Thanks! If everything lines up (not holding my breathe) I may be going dual pulley. If things don't line up, I'm going to wait awhile before going dual pulley but at least I'll have the HX and be ready to do so!

The only concern I have is something you brought up. The delta is not great at all on the Revo HX on run 5 from 1. I can't imagine our stock HX's being more efficient to combat heat soak.
    2014 Estoril Blue S4: [DSG] APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley (57.75mm & 187mm), APR TCU tune, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers, AWE Touring Cat-Back with Resonated Downpipes, ECS Intake, APR CPS (Heat Exchanger)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Thanks! If everything lines up (not holding my breathe) I may be going dual pulley. If things don't line up, I'm going to wait awhile before going dual pulley but at least I'll have the HX and be ready to do so!

The only concern I have is something you brought up. The delta is not great at all on the Revo HX on run 5 from 1. I can't imagine our stock HX's being more efficient to combat heat soak.
    Right on man! yeah, the data doesnt make too much sense to me either but reliable IAT data is hard to capture so I can understand that. So many variables can impact results other than your heat exchanger setup.

Still, like you're saying it would be nice to get so more data that would better set me at ease about choosing something like this. I honestly think it would be better to find something out there more custom that has in/out on both sides and is at least dual pass. Although the factory hx has less surface area (but not necessarily total area/volume), Audi has historically made some very efficient intercoolers and heat exchangers. I ran dual OEM intercoolers on my B6 A4 many many years ago and they were extremely efficient even compared to some much larger options. Again, I am not at all saying our factory S4 one is better than others out there. I doubt it is. It shouldnt be but who knows.

It also would be nice to have feedback from Revo as to why they advertise this as specifically for B8.5 but yet they are using the older B8 in/out port design that requires you to have this long run of hose from the passenger side of car back over to driver side. Maybe theyll chime in.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

AZ Member #

I am running a similar setup but not from Revo. AWE HE, AWE Res, Stock Pump.

I saw a big drop in IATs and overall temperature of the SC when I installed everything.

Recovery time after runs also greatly improved. Here is just some random log I turned into a graph:

What didn't really improve was how quickly everything got hot. I believe this can be addressed by increasing the thermal capacity of the loop, ie the volume, ie adding an additional larger res like the PLM and AMS units.

With that, next time I get around to servicing the loop I will be adding the PLM res and B8 hard tubing to clean everything up.

Note: If you have a b8.5 and don't want to do the tubing run behind the HE like Mike pointed out above you can get the b8 hard tubing and it bolts right up

@Mike, all of the kits are like this BTW. It just makes more sense on the AMS/PLM kits as the res is over there.
    Geoff

Established Member Three Rings xpoweruk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm not sure I am seeing the issue with the revo IAT data ?
    Care to enlighten me ?
    Custom stacked chargecooler
    revo Stage 1+ with revo intake
    Milltek ValveSonic Exhaust Q5 Brembo 4 Pots
    18x9 Wolfrace ProLite alloys
    Eibach rear ARB & Eibach springs

Established Member Two Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I saw a big drop in IATs and overall temperature of the SC when I installed everything.

Recovery time after runs also greatly improved. Here is just some random log I turned into a graph:

What didn't really improve was how quickly everything got hot. I believe this can be addressed by increasing the thermal capacity of the loop, ie the volume, ie adding an additional larger res like the PLM and AMS units.

With that, next time I get around to servicing the loop I will be adding the PLM res and B8 hard tubing to clean everything up.

Note: If you have a b8.5 and don't want to do the tubing run behind the HE like Mike pointed out above you can get the b8 hard tubing and it bolts right up

@Mike, all of the kits are like this BTW. It just makes more sense on the AMS/PLM kits as the res is over there.
    how much is the labor on installing the Heat Exchanger, is the resevoir mandatory?
    '13 S4 - Phantom Black | DSG | Silver Inlays | Alcantara | Sport Differential
    EPL Stage 2 | X-Pipe | Black Badges | Blacked Out Sidemarkers | LED's | EPL Pulley | Nitto Motivos | Roc Euro Intake
    RS Grille | 35% Tint | Audi Shadow Lights | License Plate Tint | 5000K Fog Lights | VAGCOM Mods

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks so much for that feedback. The in/out thing is definitely not a dealbreaker for me. Just curious about it in a setup that does not use a reservoir on the passenger side like this one. It honestely just seems like they copied the AWE one that was developed for the B8 models. I could totally buy those B8 hard lines too and that would make it nice and tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by xpoweruk View Post
    I'm not sure I am seeing the issue with the revo IAT data ?
    Care to enlighten me ?

Instead of comparing the grey versus red lines, compare the solid verses dotted lines for each. The red versus grey are two separate conditions (stock vs Revo heat exhchangers) and honestly in separate track tests you could end up starting at a higher IAT on the first run (as they did the the "stock" runs) and it could have nothing to do with the heat exchanger. So instead, you compare run 1 versus run 5 for each group.

The idea would be that if the car heat soaks less from run 1 to run 5 of consecutive runs with the Revo unit than it does with the stock unit, then it is working. In this case, you see the intake air temps rise more from run 1 to run 5 in the Revo test group than in the stock test group.

Again, I'm not taking their data as gospel either since so many factors can impact IATs on a run. I actually would give revo the benefit of the doubt and assume the data is just not that good and that their unit does, in fact, have less of an increase in IATs over 5 runs than stock. Its just not what their data says thats all.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

AZ Member #

Shop would probably charge you around 3 hrs. (Could be done in less though)

I installed it myself, it is pretty easy and can be done with hand tools and a drill.

Reservoir is not mandatory.
    Geoff

Established Member Three Rings xpoweruk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think the fact that the IAT readings are all from over 5,500 RPM (& readings on the chart dont start til 2nd gear) explains the difference in start temp as the OE HX isn't up to the job
    Last edited by xpoweruk; 02-17-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    Custom stacked chargecooler
    revo Stage 1+ with revo intake
    Milltek ValveSonic Exhaust Q5 Brembo 4 Pots
    18x9 Wolfrace ProLite alloys
    Eibach rear ARB & Eibach springs

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I bought the apr clearance hx and installed it exactly like this for my 8.5. You just flip it over....

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I have a request in for the volume of the reservoir, it isn't anything massive, though it's intended purpose is to separate the two cooling loops first and foremost.

As with other exchanger setups it can be fitted to a B8 with minor variations in the installation, as pointed out. Additional coolers need to be moved if they exist and relocation isn't all that hard.

The setup is sold as a full package and includes the reservoir. Full packages won't be split out into singular items.

For questions on installation check here: http://www.revotechnik.com/useruploa...rge_cooler.pdf

The delta between the first and last runs may be a bit larger based on the graph from Revo, but as mentioned there could be multiple variables at work here. I would assume the runs were done at an airstrip, this tends to be the only place to run to 160mph and Revo has multiple videos from events held on strips.

"The graph shows the 1st and 5th of 5 back to back runs with both the stock heat exchanger and the Revo Charge Cooling System. Each run was 0-160mph and air temperatures ranged from 17 - 20C, with the Revo charge cooler system remaining 12 C cooler than the Stock system after the 1st Run."

If they started the day testing in the morning when it was cooler 17c (62f), then fitted their cooler and ran at the higher temp during the day 20c (68f) you might expect to see that lower overall temperature but a larger delta from run 1 to run 5. However the temps are still considerably lower overall than when the stock exchanger was in place. Obviously raw data that shows ambient temp and other variables would be ideal.

There are a few owners here using this that purchased with the last group purchase. Maybe they can chime in and possibly someone has some independently produced data which I know this group loves to get vs. data from manufacturers.

I believe I hit every question here, but let me know if I missed anything.

Cheers,

Established Member Two Rings extratime's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S/C Mustang GT

I'm in the market for a heat exchanger due to my upcoming Stage 2 upgrade. I kind of want to do it all at once since I'll have the car in service position anyways. Is there anyone out there that actually owns this kit, that can chime in?
    I bought this kit yesterday so I will be able to provide some feed back after I get it. I had the same thought as someone already stated. It seemed like a no brainer to me. I'm sure there's probably better options out there but, from everything I seen it's 50% cheaper then any other system that divorce's the cooling.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by extratime View Post
    I bought this kit yesterday so I will be able to provide some feed back after I get it. I had the same thought as someone already stated. It seemed like a no brainer to me. I'm sure there's probably better options out there but, from everything I seen it's 50% cheaper then any other system that divorce's the cooling.
    Please do, I'd be interested in the results.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thank you to those who have purchased. I do know that bhvrdr purchased one up and plans to do some fairly in depth testing. Impatiently waiting for independent results and review!

AZ Member #

So will people with ADS still need to buy a new ADS cooler to fit on the back? Does it have the area/holes to mount it?
    2012 S4 | Moonlight Blue | sports Diff | black leather interior | black carbon fiber inlays | interior under glow | DSG | APR TCU flash | Rs4 Grille | Audi emblem projector welcome lights | APR stage 1 flash | ECS luft-technik intake silicone version | 034 Motorsports transmission mounts | P3 multi gauge | Michelin pilot super sports | A4 weather mats

2003 A4 | loudest sound system possible | :( sold

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice View Post
    Thank you to those who have purchased. I do know that bhvrdr purchased one up and plans to do some fairly in depth testing. Impatiently waiting for independent results and review!
    Try to keep this price going, if owners test and it looks good. I'll be in line to buy one also.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

It just arrived today! Fast shipping. My plan is to head to the track tomorrow on the OEM+ setup that I have on the car and then install this girl this weekend and start some comparison testing.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Moloki View Post
    So will people with ADS still need to buy a new ADS cooler to fit on the back? Does it have the area/holes to mount it?
    Moving the ADS cooler could be done with several of the available kits. There isn't specific mounting locations on the cooler core, but those ADS cooler kits come with plastic radiator mounts that zip through the new charge cooler.

Try to keep this price going, if owners test and it looks good. I'll be in line to buy one also.
    I will keep this going as long as Revo supports the sale pricing.

Cheers,

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I was hoping that this unit would look like it does in the pictures compared to some of the others I was looking at getting. Look at the core on this thing. To me it looks bar and plate. The construction is extremely nice looking

2013 Audi S5, P+, DSG

Gone but not forgotten:

AZ Member #

I'd suggesting making a screen for it or it won't stay nice looking for long.
    Geoff