Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Leather Care

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Leather Care

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Picked up a 2017 Q5 and looking for a product to clean and protect the leather seats. I was thinking about ordering Pinnacle's Leather & Vinyl Cleaner and their Leather Conditioner. Anyone have experience with the Pinnacle product line. Thanks.
    Last edited by auntrout; 01-29-2017 at 08:40 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    11 Second Turd, Satan's Chariot aka Minivan

It's a good product and a good line up of products. it has a good but not overpowering smell too. Congrats on the new SUV!
    2014 Brilliant Black S4 | S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS | Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Adaptive Damping Suspension | Nappa Leather | Carbon Inlays | 19" Niche M131's on PSS | Peelers on LM32's for Winter | ECS TRUFit Air Intake | Strut Tower Brace | Premium Shield Elite Clear Bra | Ceramic Tint | VLED VX3 LED Fogs | Cquartz Ceramic | RS4 Grille | Viper Smart Start

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    It's a good product and a good line up of products. it has a good but not overpowering smell too. Congrats on the new SUV!
    Thanks. Probably don't need the cleaner now since the car is new, but I figure the Conditioner shouldn't hurt and might as well start early.

AZ Member #

I've used Optimum Leather Protectant Plus for a while, I like the way it reduces the friction between my clothes and the leather when getting in and out. Smells ok too. I've also used Zaino Leather in a bottle, but the smell is better than its friction reduction compared to Optimum, so I use it on the back seats that get little to no use.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmeblade View Post
    I've used Optimum Leather Protectant Plus for a while, I like the way it reduces the friction between my clothes and the leather when getting in and out. Smells ok too. I've also used Zaino Leather in a bottle, but the smell is better than its friction reduction compared to Optimum, so I use it on the back seats that get little to no use.
    Thanks. I buddy of mine uses a lot of the Zaino products. I'll have to check it out.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

We like Swissvax products, or we coat the leather. Swissvax makes a product called leather glaze that is similar to the top coat usually used on most leathers in cars now. As far as coating, we use the Modesta LPS system. It is a two part leather coating. The second part goes on the high wear areas, such as the seat bolsters for resistance to wear.

If we are just looking for a product to clean and lightly condition, Sonax leather foam and a soft microfiber towel works great.

HUMP

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Gtechniq Tri-clean to clean it. Then protect with Leather Guard (the antibacterial one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

I have these lines of leather care products that I alternate using:

Chemical Guys three step: Leather cleaner, leather conditionner and leather serum.
    Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditionner.
    Swissvax Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditionner.

All three are great lines, I have a preference for the Chemical Guys lineup. They are all simple to use and offer great results.

Some times, when I just need a quick clean and protect, I use the 2-in-1 Chemical Guys Sprayable Leather.

Senior Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For what it's worth I have a 2007 RS4 and wanted to keep the leather looking as best as possible.

I first purchased the chemical guys cleaner, conditioner and serum. It was super easy to use and I loved the cleaner, but the conditioner made my leather feel plasticy and hard. I wasn't a fan.

Then I purchased the Leather masters cleaner and conditioner and it worked great. I loved both products. Easy to use and great results.

Then in all the research I had done I found Leatherique was constantly popping up as one of the best products to use. So I bought some of that too. Its a much more intensive process. I have to make sure I don't need the car for a day or two and let the Leatherique do it's thing. But the results are excellent.

My routine now is Leatherique twice a year. And in between I use the Leather Masters products. The Chemical guys leather products for relegated to shoes, couches and other peoples cars.

I'm not super familiar with the Pinnacle line, however I've heard great things. I think the key is to keep a routine and use the conditioner often at the beginning to help combat the lines/wrinkles that you see on ages leather. I think using the Pinnacle line on a regular basis should dramatically help keep the leather looking great in the Q5 for years.