Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with your TT RS purchase?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dealer took my deposit.

    11 68.75%
  • Dealer is refusing to take deposits.

    1 6.25%
  • Waiting on more info first

    4 25.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 241 to 266 of 266
  1. #241
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States
    Items for Sale

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I, for one, am not surprised by any of the findings in these videos. If Audi could have evened up the weight distribution to something closer to 50/50, I think the TT RS would be a knockout all-around.
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

  2. #242
    Senior Member Three Rings dgszweda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07 2011
    AZ Member #
    83566
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Quote Originally Posted by S 3 View Post
    All,

    If you're eager to see reviews, take 30 minutes out and check these 4 videos!

    Part I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYyOVr5AAwM
    Part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD25wanmAE
    Part III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKueX_rGud4
    Part IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNJl3nx6UU

    It's not ALL positive, so be prepared to take an objective POV when hearing the feedback. Enjoy!
    If you score them and assume that each video is equal in weight, the TTRS ties the Cayman and is 30% better in scoring than the M2. But alas, the basically take the 4th video and outweigh everything else, because you can drift it.
    2018 Daytona Gray TTRS - Tech - Red Stitching - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust
    2014 Daytona Gray RS5 - MMI - Black Nappa - 20" rims - B&O - [SOLD]
    2008 Sprint Blue RS4 - [SOLD]
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa
    My 2012 S4 Build Thread - [SOLD]

  3. #243
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Quote Originally Posted by S 3 View Post
    All,

    If you're eager to see reviews, take 30 minutes out and check these 4 videos!

    Part I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYyOVr5AAwM
    Part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD25wanmAE
    Part III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKueX_rGud4
    Part IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNJl3nx6UU

    It's not ALL positive, so be prepared to take an objective POV when hearing the feedback. Enjoy!
    These again. :) Was wondering when they'd reach this forum. They're missing daily usability, the driver drives the TT RS like a RWD car, the scoring on 'fun' is based on drifting; some cars in the wet, some on dry tarmac, etc. As you said - you need to look at the videos for what they are. All great cars, that's for sure!

  4. #244
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    I, for one, am not surprised by any of the findings in these videos. If Audi could have evened up the weight distribution to something closer to 50/50, I think the TT RS would be a knockout all-around.
    Just depends on what you're looking for. Track would likely be a bit better (alternatively, you can just drive the car differently and get quite close to the 718S). However, you'd sacrifice interior room to accomplish that, and the DD quotient would drop like a rock. That's one of the major pieces of my decision to purchase, it's a very usable car for its size and segment. Try sticking a 60lb dog in the back of a Cayman S and see how far you get! 718S is primarily a weekend/track day car, with the ability to be a DD if you are willing to give up some usability/space. TT RS is the other way around, IMO. Each a different tool for a different job, but both capable.

  5. #245
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 01 2013
    AZ Member #
    112516
    Location
    DC
    Items for Sale

    Update:

    My vehicle arrived 6/10! Sitting at port until released. Hoping to take delivery soon.

    Build thread also coming... parts already building up!

  6. #246
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    I just followed up with my dealer today. My car has been on hold at factory for a month now. We are all lost as to why. Manager is confident it's a global hold, meaning everyone else is looking at later dates, but clearly a number of you are looking at ETAs in the very near future, including S 3's whose is here (Congrats!). Not a lot of info on my car, I'm a bit bummed, gotta pony up registration fees on my A5 now and drive it a little while longer while I wait.

    Sheet says:

    Vehicle Status: Factory
    ETA Status: Hold
    Current Location: Factory
    Holds Type: Distribution
    Order Created: 4/16/2017
    Factory Submitted: 5/15/2017
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  7. #247
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2013
    AZ Member #
    136868
    Location
    Arizona

    Per dealership, my car arrived at the San Diego port June 5th! Also sitting at port until AoA releases them!

    Already have Black Audi Ring Emblems, Black TTRS emblems, and Paint matched Side reflectors ready to go!! Next is a good set of MSS springs for the mag ride whenever they are released...then ofcourse.....wheels!

  8. #248
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    Per dealership, my car arrived at the San Diego port June 5th! Also sitting at port until AoA releases them!

    Already have Black Audi Ring Emblems, Black TTRS emblems, and Paint matched Side reflectors ready to go!! Next is a good set of MSS springs for the mag ride whenever they are released...then ofcourse.....wheels!
    Where'd you get your emblems and reflectors, if I may ask? And congrats!
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  9. #249
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2013
    AZ Member #
    136868
    Location
    Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    I just followed up with my dealer today. My car has been on hold at factory for a month now. We are all lost as to why. Manager is confident it's a global hold, meaning everyone else is looking at later dates, but clearly a number of you are looking at ETAs in the very near future, including S 3's whose is here (Congrats!). Not a lot of info on my car, I'm a bit bummed, gotta pony up registration fees on my A5 now and drive it a little while longer while I wait.

    Sheet says:

    Vehicle Status: Factory
    ETA Status: Hold
    Current Location: Factory
    Holds Type: Distribution
    Order Created: 4/16/2017
    Factory Submitted: 5/15/2017
    I wonder what the issue is?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Where'd you get your emblems and reflectors, if I may ask? And congrats!
    Thx! I got them all ordered and sprayed by TAG Motorsports. I get most of my stuff including wheels/tires from them.

    I actually also forgot, I got a gloss black TT gas cover too!

  10. #250
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    I wonder what the issue is?!



    Thx! I got them all ordered and sprayed by TAG Motorsports. I get most of my stuff including wheels/tires from them.

    I actually also forgot, I got a gloss black TT gas cover too!
    Wow, a gloss black has cover too, cool! Who do you work with at TAG?


    Rapture
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport Bianco Perla (wife's old car - temp)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  11. #251
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    I just followed up with my dealer today. My car has been on hold at factory for a month now. We are all lost as to why. Manager is confident it's a global hold, meaning everyone else is looking at later dates, but clearly a number of you are looking at ETAs in the very near future, including S 3's whose is here (Congrats!). Not a lot of info on my car, I'm a bit bummed, gotta pony up registration fees on my A5 now and drive it a little while longer while I wait.

    Sheet says:

    Vehicle Status: Factory
    ETA Status: Hold
    Current Location: Factory
    Holds Type: Distribution
    Order Created: 4/16/2017
    Factory Submitted: 5/15/2017
    FWIW, mine has the same hold as of 5/23 when I checked a few weeks ago, at "Germany Factory". My order was submitted a week prior to yours. I'll pull the status again end of this week, but it's not just you.

  12. #252
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    FWIW, mine has the same hold as of 5/23 when I checked a few weeks ago, at "Germany Factory". My order was submitted a week prior to yours. I'll pull the status again end of this week, but it's not just you.
    Well that does make me feel a bit better that it's not isolated to me. My hold was also effective on 5/23. Thanks for the info.
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  13. #253
    Senior Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 27 2012
    AZ Member #
    92621
    My Garage
    2015 GTI 2DR 6sp
    Location
    Boston MA USA

    I put this in the RS3 thread too, but the RS3 & TTRS just popped up in the EPA database:

    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find....38774&id=37814
    [SOLD!] 2013 S4 6MT
    [Coming in... June?] 2017 RS3 DSG| Catalunya Red | Technology Package | Dynamic Package | Carbon Fiber


  14. #254
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    That's much better than I was expecting. Very similar to my A5.
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  15. #255
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2013
    AZ Member #
    136868
    Location
    Arizona

    oh cmon!!! release em early now! hahaha

  16. #256
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States
    Items for Sale

    i finally got the email today stating that mine has gone into production! about dang time lol
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

  17. #257
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    i finally got the email today stating that mine has gone into production! about dang time lol
    Did your status ever say hold like mine does?

    What I should also ask is what was your factory submitted date (not order created date, which was 4/12 I believe for you)?
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  18. #258
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Did your status ever say hold like mine does?

    What I should also ask is what was your factory submitted date (not order created date, which was 4/12 I believe for you)?
    Factory submitted date was 4/21 for more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

  19. #259
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    Factory submitted date was 4/21 for more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ah ok. That's what I expected, as my dealer barely missed the April allocation window for me, and we knew I'd be a month later than others who ordered in the same time window. We got it in on 5/15. So, if there is any linear trend as to the production and delivery of these orders, I could be looking at a late August delivery. Of course, assuming my order gets taken off of hold and goes into production on the same timeline as yours. Which, btw, congrats on getting the official word for production!
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  20. #260
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Just pulled an update. Looks like it's going to be a month longer than the system had initially indicated.

    Holds: Yes
    Holds Type: Distribution
    Order created: 4/13
    Factory submitted: 5/8
    Frozen to changes: 6/20
    Production week: 2917
    Production complete: 8/19 (ETA)
    Ship departure: 8/31 (ETA)
    Domestic port arrived: 9/26 (ETA)

  21. #261
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2013
    AZ Member #
    136868
    Location
    Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    Just pulled an update. Looks like it's going to be a month longer than the system had initially indicated.

    Holds: Yes
    Holds Type: Distribution
    Order created: 4/13
    Factory submitted: 5/8
    Frozen to changes: 6/20
    Production week: 2917
    Production complete: 8/19 (ETA)
    Ship departure: 8/31 (ETA)
    Domestic port arrived: 9/26 (ETA)
    that.....blows.......balls......

    damn!

  22. #262
    Senior Member Two Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    that.....blows.......balls......

    damn!
    Hahaha, yes, yes it does.

    I'm having my dealer check today when he gets in in response to ormandj's post. Let's see if mine has ETAs too! End of September though...yuck. Please no.

    EDIT: No ETAs yet.
    Last edited by Izzu; 06-21-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

  23. #263
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States
    Items for Sale

    No ETA from my dealer either although he speculated late-July or August.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

  24. #264
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States
    Items for Sale

    are any of you other guys window shopping for wheels yet? I am browsing around and I'm pretty sure I want to step down to 19" wheels instead of the 20s. I didn't want them in the first place, but, had to accept them with the black optics.

    From what I have been able to determine, a 19x9 ET52 w/ 245/35-19 seems to be what is a match. Does that sound right to you guys?
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

  25. #265
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2015
    AZ Member #
    321722
    Location
    Northeast

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    are any of you other guys window shopping for wheels yet? I am browsing around and I'm pretty sure I want to step down to 19" wheels instead of the 20s. I didn't want them in the first place, but, had to accept them with the black optics.

    From what I have been able to determine, a 19x9 ET52 w/ 245/35-19 seems to be what is a match. Does that sound right to you guys?
    I'm definitely looking to go 19s as well. ET52 is stock just rough calcs but if you want to be flush with 19x9s you would want ET35-40-ish? Wondering if there would be any downside in going to 19x8.5 (looking to put high performance all seasons on to see me thru NE winter)

  26. #266
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    are any of you other guys window shopping for wheels yet? I am browsing around and I'm pretty sure I want to step down to 19" wheels instead of the 20s. I didn't want them in the first place, but, had to accept them with the black optics.

    From what I have been able to determine, a 19x9 ET52 w/ 245/35-19 seems to be what is a match. Does that sound right to you guys?
    Seems like you'd want a wider tire (255) for extra traction on the 9" width wheel. 255/35R19 will match the stock black optics 255/30R20 re: circumference/revs per mile. Let me know what wheel you decide on, I'm definitely looking myself, I want a little extra sidewall.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.