Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with your TT RS purchase?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dealer took my deposit.

12 66.67%
  • Dealer is refusing to take deposits.

2 11.11%
  • Waiting on more info first

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
    ............. but my S4 lease is not up till April next year so I am going to be shuffled so we can try to plan for the car to arrive no sooner than Feb and then do an early return, but the closer to the end I do it the less penalty I'll have to deal with.

Is it an Audi (VW) lease? How many years was it? With both my TTS (2011 TTS and 2015 TTS Comp Pkg), I had equity in them at the end of the lease. The lease have a pay off just like any other loan. Have you checked into the payoff vs the value? I have about 5,000 in my current car as it was appraised when I put down the deposit. Check into it. The 2011 I traded in about 3 months early. The 2015 lease ended in February but Audi lets you extend it at same payment and same decline per month as original residual for up to 6 months.

Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
    Wow. Huge deposits.

My dealer took a $500.00 deposit, didn't ask if it was refundable or not, but I have a good relationship with my dealer so if I get something else I'm sure we'll work it out.

I am #1 on the list (I told my salesman 6 months ago I wanted one lol) but my S4 lease is not up till April next year so I am going to be shuffled so we can try to plan for the car to arrive no sooner than Feb and then do an early return, but the closer to the end I do it the less penalty I'll have to deal with. My dealer thinks it's likely the first cars will show up around Aug/Sept so hopefully I can make that work. I guess I'm the only one here hoping there is a delay. LOL

Skipping Tech Package, this is a sports car, I don't need nav and nanny devices. Sad you can't get B&O ala carte.
    Dynamic interests me for the upgraded suspension and the OLEDs, but yeah, that one is going to be an $8k package easy so we'll see. I hope we can retro fit OLEDs later.
    Black Optics is a cheap and necessary package so I'm getting that.
    The Sports Exhaust sounds good, can't seem to find a video online of the stock one to compare but likely getting this too.

Color: Probably end up with Nardo. I hate silver, not a fan of red, white is ok if it was flat but they are only giving us metallic. Black is boring, gray metallic is basically silver......ug. Yellow is nice looking but wife is thinking of a new S3 in yellow next year. Like the blue but not sure it's what I want on the TT-RS. Thinking about an Exclusive color depending on the pricing of the packages.
    I don't think the fixed suspension is an "upgrade". Unless you intend to track the car a lot it is probably just the opposite. In most markets the Mag Ride suspension is an extra cost option, but Audi includes it in the U.S. as they assume we would not want it without (also on the TTS for the same reason).

I really don't understand why that option is not a standalone, and the carbon brakes.

Rapture
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport Bianco Perla (wife's old car - temp)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

How many of you are ordering the new OLED lights? Contemplating if it is worth to order or save the 1,200.... So far Technology Package, Black Optics, Sports Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Inlays, 20" Anthracite Finish... Won't track the car that often to justify the Audi Sports Package....

Your two cents would be helpful....
    2018 Q5| Technik | Black on black | S-line Package | Tint 20% - On order

2015 Audi S4 | Technik | Sepang Blue on Lunar Silver / Black | Quattro Sport Differential | Audi Drive Select | Carbon Atlas | Black Optics | Tint 20% | AWE Touring Exhaust | AWE Non-Resonated DownPipes | H&R Sport Springs | AG M590 BeSpoke III 19 X 9.5 - Brushed Grigio Dark DDT | 034Motorsport - Transmission | Roc Euro intake | Chipwerke S

AZ Member #

I don't really see the need for OLED taillights...honestly I haven't even seen a comparison video between OLED and standard. If anyone had one that'd be nice. But there's no way they're only $1,200 when only available through a package that has the ceramics option...
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    I don't really see the need for OLED taillights...honestly I haven't even seen a comparison video between OLED and standard. If anyone had one that'd be nice. But there's no way they're only $1,200 when only available through a package that has the ceramics option...
    In Canada we can purchase them as a stand alone for 1,200.. so don't need them as part of any package....

2015 Audi S4 | Technik | Sepang Blue on Lunar Silver / Black | Quattro Sport Differential | Audi Drive Select | Carbon Atlas | Black Optics | Tint 20% | AWE Touring Exhaust | AWE Non-Resonated DownPipes | H&R Sport Springs | AG M590 BeSpoke III 19 X 9.5 - Brushed Grigio Dark DDT | 034Motorsport - Transmission | Roc Euro intake | Chipwerke S

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues4 View Post
    In Canada we can purchase them as a stand alone for 1,200.. so don't need them as part of any package....
    Can't order them separately in the U.S. or at least they don't show up on the leaked option list separately at this time.

I think they will look outstanding and really want them. They'll look like jewels, well at least car jewels.

Rapture

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    fiat 500 and a small poodle

Placed my order, ETA june/july. Looks like Canada will have them first!
    2010 IBS WHITE FULL LOAD. R.I.P
    2013 TT RS

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s-4man View Post
    Placed my order, ETA june/july. Looks like Canada will have them first!
    What packages did you get?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues4 View Post
    What packages did you get?

Nardo grey
    technology package
    black optics package
    sports exhaust
    carbon fiber inlays
    oled rear lights
    ceramic brakes
    audi lane assist
    20 inch anthracite wheels

I really wanted the carbon fiber engine cover, not the suspension. no sport package for me
    2013 TT RS

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Nardo grey
    technology package
    black optics package
    sports exhaust
    carbon fiber inlays
    oled rear lights
    ceramic brakes
    audi lane assist
    20 inch anthracite wheels

I really wanted the carbon fiber engine cover, not the suspension. no sport package for me
    My setup is the same except ceramic, audi lane (10 kms to work). Buddies who have ceramics hate them in the cold and wet to squeaky.

Senior Member Three Rings dgszweda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So, I heard the rumor that orders will be opened in the US on May 10th.
    2018 Daytona Gray TTRS - Tech - Red Stitching - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust
    2014 Daytona Gray RS5 - MMI - Black Nappa - 20" rims - B&O - [SOLD]
    2008 Sprint Blue RS4 - [SOLD]
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa
    My 2012 S4 Build Thread - [SOLD]

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dgszweda View Post
    So, I heard the rumor that orders will be opened in the US on May 10th.
    Lets hope that's true, and that we see pricing sooner than that :) And that they allow ordering the OLED's separately here in the U.S.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Has anyone else's dealership confirmed the number they are being allocated? I was told mine was allocated 1 for the calendar year, however, they would still be able to put custom orders in.
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Lets hope that's true, and that we see pricing sooner than that :) And that they allow ordering the OLED's separately here in the U.S.

Per the order guide, looks like if you want OLEDs, you have to get the dynamic plus package. This is already set, so unfortunately unlike Canada, this is part of a package (which price is still TBD).

AZ Member #

Pretty sure he knows, he's just hoping, man. Don't take away a man's hope...
    2012 Audi A5

Senior Member Three Rings dgszweda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S 3 View Post
    Per the order guide, looks like if you want OLEDs, you have to get the dynamic plus package. This is already set, so unfortunately unlike Canada, this is part of a package (which price is still TBD).
    First, we don't know the authenticity of the posted order guide. Second, we do not know if this is the final order guide or one of many revisions, and third, we don't know which country this is for. All indications point to the fact that you can't order it, but until the orders are opened up, it is not clear that this is 100% true yet. This would not be the first time that Audi has changed order guides before placing order and even in the middle of a model year.
    2018 Daytona Gray TTRS - Tech - Red Stitching - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust
    2014 Daytona Gray RS5 - MMI - Black Nappa - 20" rims - B&O - [SOLD]
    2008 Sprint Blue RS4 - [SOLD]
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa
    My 2012 S4 Build Thread - [SOLD]

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

actually that order guide is for US as it was sent out to all Audi dealerships in North America per my salesperson who emailed it to me. I think there may still be a chance for revisions to it, but my guess is thats pretty much the final say. Base price of the car should be released shortly, followed by full pricing of all options.

Audi of America emailed me saying both the TTRS and RS3 would be available this summer so the decisions they have made are probably pretty.....final-ish

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

First, we don't know the authenticity of the posted order guide. Second, we do not know if this is the final order guide or one of many revisions, and third, we don't know which country this is for. All indications point to the fact that you can't order it, but until the orders are opened up, it is not clear that this is 100% true yet. This would not be the first time that Audi has changed order guides before placing order and even in the middle of a model year.
    The order guide is direct from Audi, I am a salesperson at an Audi dealer. However it is possible they will revise the order guide, typically they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 S3 Instagram

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Did I hit a nerve or something? Nothing to be defensive amount! To cover your points...

1) The order guide is authentic. This is 100% and has been confirmed by multiple dealership employees.
    2) There is a revised order guide every couple months as new models are released, however the package contents/exterior/interior colors are usually 99% final once published.
    3) It's for the U.S. The Canadian Order Guide can also be found, in which you'll notice the OLED is a stand alone option.

So... if you want OLED's in the U.S., unfortunately we're forced to buy Dynamic Plus package - which the price for is still TBD.

AZ Member #

No nerve hit here. It's possible to change things but sometimes you need to ask. We weren't even going to get the first TT RS here in the states until 15,000 or so people asked Audi for it. And then they sent it over.

I have requested this via several sources and I will continue to ask. It's not unrealistic to think they may update the ability to order. Again I think it is an issue with availability of these parts that made them put it in a package that will be seldom ordered.

It's not the end of the world to me as long as they can be retrofitted via coding, but I would like to know that prior to purchasing the car. I've asked the dealer to help by letting me order the parts at cost if I can not order them on the car. Seems fair to me

Rapture

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

my question is, how different are the two lights pertaining to wiring and setup? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to whats required for the led and oled lights to do the different signals and abilities they have but I am hoping its somewhat plug and play so maybe those of us who don't buy the dynamic plus package can buy a set of oled's down the road and swap them out

thats pretty much the only way i am going to have oled's. Im not paying the "most likely" huge price of the dynamic plus option. Raised speed limiter (I plan on eventually tuning it, so that'll be removed anyways), carbon fiber engine cover....meh, carbon ceramic breaks (would be cool to have but I don't plan on tracking the car enough to warrant the cost), Fixed Sport Suspension (I plan on driving the car everyday I can, so I want to retain the Mag Ride / Drive Select and just put on MSS Springs)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    my question is, how different are the two lights pertaining to wiring and setup? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to whats required for the led and oled lights to do the different signals and abilities they have but I am hoping its somewhat plug and play so maybe those of us who don't buy the dynamic plus package can buy a set of oled's down the road and swap them out

thats pretty much the only way i am going to have oled's. Im not paying the "most likely" huge price of the dynamic plus option. Raised speed limiter (I plan on eventually tuning it, so that'll be removed anyways), carbon fiber engine cover....meh, carbon ceramic breaks (would be cool to have but I don't plan on tracking the car enough to warrant the cost), Fixed Sport Suspension (I plan on driving the car everyday I can, so I want to retain the Mag Ride / Drive Select and just put on MSS Springs)
    This is my point exactly. I think most people that would opt for the Oled's don't care about the other options in that package. Again Most people.

Call your dealers and ask Audi to make it a separate option here.

It may be hard to determine how retrofittable these lights are. They are not always plug and play.

Rapture

AZ Member #

I received a response to a question I asked ACNA about the Oled lights. It appears they will have a different harness and an ECM program to run them. The person that ACNA contacted for the response said they were considering making a retrofittable kit but nothing available yet. I don't know if that was an Audi employee that responded.

Rapture

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I received a response to a question I asked ACNA about the Oled lights. It appears they will have a different harness and an ECM program to run them. The person that ACNA contacted for the response said they were considering making a retrofittable kit but nothing available yet. I don't know if that was an Audi employee that responded.

Rapture
    This makes perfect sense. I would've been shocked if they were plug and play.

Like everyone here, I also want OLED's but not willing to pay for the Dynamic Plus package. The way I see it, this shouldn't even be part of Dynamic Plus and should be part of Design Selection Package IF it must be included in a package and not stand-alone. As such, I was hoping to retrofit them on later, but was worried they wouldn't plug and play.

WORST case scenario, we could find out the part # for the different harness and see if it's something that can be purchased if a retrofit kit isn't available.

I'm willing to bet this won't change for 2018... but will change for 2019. Let's see though!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Exclamation

Some breaking news for all the TT RS prospects...

Press release by Audi of America was just released. Check it out here: http://www.media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/154

Some cool snippets at first glance:

• Will START at $64,900 + destination
    • Ability to send nearly 100 percent of available torque to the rear wheels
    • Lightweight aluminum construction, engineers were able to reduce internal friction and increase power delivery. As a result, the engine’s maximum torque is available between 1,700 and 5,850 rpm.
    • Engine is 57 pounds lighter than the previous generation
    • 1-2-4-5-3 ignition sequence
    • Up to 1.35 bar (19.6 psi)
    • Standard-equipped RS magnetic ride
    • Standard equipped with eight-piston monobloc brake calipers with 370mm ventilated and cross-drilled discs at the front.
    • Carbon ceramics are are more than 8 lbs lighter
    • Multifunction flat-bottom sport steering wheel with shift paddles and two steering wheel-mounted satellite buttons (engine Start/Stop and Audi drive select)

AZ Member #

Was just about to post this! Very exciting. Seems to be that the release will be shortly after the debut, which the NY Auto Show ends April 23rd. That's in-line with the previous comment that you can order a TTRS by May 10th. Price is right around where I expected.
    2012 Audi A5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Even though this pertains to RS 3 sedan, figured it's worth posting here as well:

US Official starting price:

2017 RS 3
    $54,500

2018 RS 3
    $54,900

Source: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/157

So basically it's about 10k cheaper than a TT RS... which is pretty surprising. I bet a lot of people are now going to be wondering if they should get an RS 3 sedan with ceramics vs. a TT RS without...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Order guide with pricing!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

i spoke to my dealership on Saturday and it seems that the interwebz and everyone else know more about this than they do. they didn't have an order guide yet. and as for ordering, all he could tell me was that he had an allocation for 1 in June. lame....
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    i spoke to my dealership on Saturday and it seems that the interwebz and everyone else know more about this than they do. they didn't have an order guide yet. and as for ordering, all he could tell me was that he had an allocation for 1 in June. lame....
    i wonder if that means he's allocated for one to arrive in June meaning they should be able to place the order this month or next month. or if that means he can order one in june. if the previous, then that gives us a good idea of when the first round of TTRS's should hit our shores. I was thinking with the estimated date of May 10th for being able to order that cars wouldn't hit until July/August

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch83 View Post
    Sounds like you need to find a new dealer. All dealers have the order guide now. And I've had two separate dealerships work with me to build my TTRS and take my order first in line. The only issue is Audi hasn't officially opened the ability for the dealerships to send the order over. When the ordering opens up, your dealer should just be able to spec their 1 allocated car to how you want it....that is, if they actually care about your business. Seems they'd rather blandly spec it and have it sit on the lot.
    2012 Audi A5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I agree, Izzu. I reached out to a few others today and I have one that's ready to take my order.
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

AZ Member #

Good to hear! Hopefully AoA opens up ordering soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after its debut in NY. I'm also doing an Audi exclusive paint, which I heard may add a little extra time to the build...let's hope not.
    2012 Audi A5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The time has come!!

I just placed my order for my 2018 TTRS today! Audi Scottsdale called me today and said they can order both 2018 RS3's and 2018 TTRS's as of today.

Placed my order, was given my commission number and receipt of order! The only hiccup was apparently the sport exhaust wasn't an option online. Everything else matched the order guide. So my Audi dealer is calling them pretty much every day to make sure this was just a mistake and that they fix it.

2018 TTRS
    Catalunya Red Metallic
    Red Contrast Stitching
    Interior Design Package
    Carbon Fiber Inlays
    Technology Package
    Black Optics Package
    RS Sport Exhaust

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

congrats! with any luck I will be sitting down to place my order in the next few days as well. :)
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any idea of delivery time?

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    The time has come!!

I just placed my order for my 2018 TTRS today! Audi Scottsdale called me today and said they can order both 2018 RS3's and 2018 TTRS's as of today.

Placed my order, was given my commission number and receipt of order! The only hiccup was apparently the sport exhaust wasn't an option online. Everything else matched the order guide. So my Audi dealer is calling them pretty much every day to make sure this was just a mistake and that they fix it.

2018 TTRS
    Catalunya Red Metallic
    Red Contrast Stitching
    Interior Design Package
    Carbon Fiber Inlays
    Technology Package
    Black Optics Package
    RS Sport Exhaust

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    Any idea of delivery time?
    no idea yet....my salesman said in his experience RS cars are usually 3-4 months (mostly 4) if you don't get anything out of the ordinary like exclusive colors

that being said I'm hoping for a July delivery *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by Drof; 04-10-2017 at 07:37 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

My order was officially placed on feb 20th 2017. I just got a call today, ETA mid july.
    2013 TT RS

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

My order was officially placed on feb 20th 2017. I just got a call today, ETA mid july.
    Did you get a commission number? Order banks weren't open for the TT RS at that time.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    Did you get a commission number? Order banks weren't open for the TT RS at that time.
    I got a commission number... I'm in canada, the order guide was out in feb.
    I'm the first order in my region, put a deposit like 1.5 years ago.
    2013 TT RS