Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with your TT RS purchase?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dealer took my deposit.

11 68.75%
  • Dealer is refusing to take deposits.

1 6.25%
  • Waiting on more info first

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Exclamation TT RS Dealer Allocation / Deposit Thread!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey Guys!

Seeing as how I assume some dealers around the countries are beginning to take deposits on the 2018 TT RS and give out "allocations" for the vehicle, I figured it'd be worth starting this thread so there's some visibility into the information dealers are providing to various customers nationwide.

If you have submitted a deposit or received any sort of "confirmation" that you'll receive an allocation, could you reply with the following information?

Deposit Amount:
    Refundable or non-refundable:
    Date of deposit:
    Dealership:
    Vehicle spec's (interior/exterior color & options)):
    Any additional info you'd like to share:
    Any timing you were provided, etc.)

I assume as this thread gets more traction, we'll get a much better idea of what various dealers are saying about the vehicle given I'm sure they'll be bombarded with interest in the coming months!

Thanks!
    Last edited by S 3; 03-12-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dealer Allocation / Deposit Thread!

Allocation for which car?

Update, you cannot tell this is a Poll from the iPhone App.

I am first on my local dealers list, no deposit taken at this time.

Rapture
    Last edited by Rapture; 01-29-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport Bianco Perla (wife's old car - temp)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Deposit Amount: $1000
    Refundable or non-refundable: Refundable...
    Date of deposit: 10/15/16
    Dealership: Audi North Orlando
    Any additional info you'd like to share: (Any specs, timing you were provided, etc.) Still no concrete info other than the car should be here in July 17. No colors or options or price yet. I have a budget so I also have a deposit on RS3 incase Audi prices the TTRS out of my budget.
    Last edited by GaBoYnFla; 02-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Deposit Amount: $0
    Dealership: Audi Overland Park Kansas
    Any additional info: Emailed the dealership if they would be getting an allocation for the TTRS. They confirmed that they are and that I would be updated with any info when it comes in. I asked if a deposit was required or if they were making a priority list of potential clients. Sales Manager responded letting me know I was on the top of the list.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

No one else has deposits on them?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Deposit Amount: $2000
    Refundable or non-refundable: Refundable
    Date of deposit: 2/7/17
    Dealership: Stevens Creek Audi (Bay Area, CA)
    Any additional info you'd like to share: Dealer said I was #5 on the list :( They said the launch vehicles should show up in July and they hope that they'll get the ordering guide in March-April. Dealer also said they had 15 people on the waitlist for the RS3...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by scenturion View Post
    Deposit Amount: $2000
    Refundable or non-refundable: Refundable
    Date of deposit: 2/7/17
    Dealership: Stevens Creek Audi (Bay Area, CA)
    Any additional info you'd like to share: Dealer said I was #5 on the list :( They said the launch vehicles should show up in July and they hope that they'll get the ordering guide in March-April. Dealer also said they had 15 people on the waitlist for the RS3...
    i wonder how true this is.....

over on the audi tt forums in the uk they are hearing orders won't open until november for 2018 delivery due to technical delays....curious if these technical delays are european related and if the US will for once.....ever.....get a car before the UK

i know they have some pre-specced ones for sale but they have not been able to do any custom orders. only the 200-300 pre-specced and released from audi

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    i wonder how true this is.....

over on the audi tt forums in the uk they are hearing orders won't open until november for 2018 delivery due to technical delays....curious if these technical delays are european related and if the US will for once.....ever.....get a car before the UK

i know they have some pre-specced ones for sale but they have not been able to do any custom orders. only the 200-300 pre-specced and released from audi
    Yeah, I also saw these posts and am extremely nervous about it. If that were the case I will seriously consider a TTS or M2. It's probably safe to say that the dealers don't know anything about the real schedule and pricing at this point.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

its just alarming that audi would already have a huge press release and drive for the car along with a video on audi uk's youtube page starting to show it off. I'm pretty sure the video was published on youtube after they knew about these technical delays.

i guess we just have to hope for the best in a couple of months

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah, I also saw these posts and am extremely nervous about it. If that were the case I will seriously consider a TTS or M2. It's probably safe to say that the dealers don't know anything about the real schedule and pricing at this point.

I'm nervous too about this....my lease is up this month (Feb 17) with Audi extending it for up to 6 months. That would give me till August! That's cutting it close. I am #1 on the TTRS list at my dealer and #2 on the RS3 list but I think the RS3 will be even further out. I could buy my current TTS but that would mean I have to pay sales tax ($1680 on buyout of $28000) and no credit back if I trade it in a month or two later. I've considered the TTS but I want a rear spoiler and that sound! I considered the M2 also but they were even longer wait and no choice of colors--and only 2WD.

AZ Member #

My dealer has also shared Audi's statement of July with books opening a few months prior. No deposit, no wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    Refundable or non-refundable: Yes
    Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post

Audi Germany just stated on their Facebook page that the car would be available for factory orders in Q2 2017. Also, Audi may do pre-speccing in the UK, but they always have let their dealers in the US customize the cars they order for their lot. That's why they open the books a few months before.
    2012 Audi A5
    Glacier White | APR Stage 1 | Niche Targa | H&R St. Coilovers

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

The latest info I've heard is only the UK market has a delay due to production for RHD. US delivery should still be July/August.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Audi Germany just stated on their Facebook page that the car would be available for factory orders in Q2 2017. Also, Audi may do pre-speccing in the UK, but they always have let their dealers in the US customize the cars they order for their lot. That's why they open the books a few months before.
    Yes and no. Audi has recently starting going "launch" editions that were pre-seed. Good example was the first ~300 2015 S3's which had a "Daytona Package". The 2017 A4 also received a "Launch edition" if I remember right. So I wouldn't be surprised to see 200-300 units show up pre-spec'd, then full order to spec, followed by Audi exclusive orders - at least based on historical info!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Reading on other forums that Audi Canada is taking orders now with June/July delivery! Can't wait.....Come on US!

Senior Member Three Rings Huey52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just curious, but may the fixed spoiler be deleted in favor of the TT/TTS articulated?
    2016 TTS Sepang blue/rotor gray

Prior:
    2013 allroad
    2011 A5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Huey52 View Post
    Just curious, but may the fixed spoiler be deleted in favor of the TT/TTS articulated?
    Audi hasn't released an order guide just yet, but if it's anything like the MK2, then yes you should be able to delete the fixed wing.

AZ Member #

Audi confirmed, in Europe at least, that one of the options was to delete the wing. Don't have the source with me, but nothing has been confirmed in the US yet, anyway.

A lot of statements going around for June/July delivery. Making me hopeful...don't let me down, Audi...
    2012 Audi A5

AZ Member #

I hate this... The dealer we buy our cars from, contacted me a couple of times asking if I want to be first on both TT RS and RS3 list, but I still can't decide which one to go with: RS3, TT RS, or even wait for RS5. I first was 100% set for the TT RS, then after weighing other important options for me, I am now even thinking to wait for the RS5 to arrive in a year or so when I can go see all the 3 in person.

I think I can afford to overcome the excitement and enjoy my one-year-old S3 until the right time arrives :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Cars are at LA Dealer show this week.....they has to be info available followed by cars soon.......

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

updated the post with a copy of the order guide for those who spec'd out their order, or now planning to!
    Last edited by S 3; 03-09-2017 at 06:22 PM.

AZ Member #

Where did you get this?
    2012 Audi A5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Where did you get this?
    All Audi dealerships should have the latest order guide, but I got the image from another thread that someone posted.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S 3 View Post
    All Audi dealerships should have the latest order guide, but I got the image from another thread that someone posted.
    Correct, and I work for a dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 S3 Instagram

AZ Member #

I ended up getting my deposit refunded and bought another car instead. I'll revisit the TTRS in MY19.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I ended up getting my deposit refunded and bought another car instead. I'll revisit the TTRS in MY19.
    What'd you get instead? Why'd you cancel?

AZ Member #

What'd you get instead? Why'd you cancel?
    The 20% off deal on the Chevy SS was too good to resist. LS3+6MT

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Deposit amount - $1000
    Deposit is refundable
    Deposit date - Feb 9, 2106
    Audi Meadowlands Secaucus, NJ
    At the time I placed the deposit there was little or no information available other than Audi maybe bringing a 5 Pot TT RS to the US - my order merely stateS " Deposit on TT RS order spot - pricing and specs TBD ".

In the mean time I came across one of the last 981 Cayman GTS's ( naturally aspirated ) with a 6 speed in my area so I grabbed it. I may still get the TT RS based on it's absolutely awesome engine / sound and those super car like 0 to 60 times.
    2016 Cayman GTS
    Sold but missed 2016 Audi S3

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Congrats Jim! I was eyeballing some 981's as well... it's tempting!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I really love the handling of the 981 Cayman GTS - imho it's a very well rounded street / sports car. The other motivating factor was that the Cayman was available in a 6 speed and was naturally aspirated. I kind of feel that manual transmissions and NA motors are fading away and I really wanted one before they disappear.

As I said before I still may add the TT RS to my garage as I feel it's such a special car.

Congrats Jim! I was eyeballing some 981's as well... it's tempting!
    2016 Cayman GTS
    Sold but missed 2016 Audi S3

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Now that we know the colors/specs, please update any existing replies with the specs you'd ideally order!

For me, the ideal order would be: Nardo, Black/Red interior, Tech, Black optic, Design package, red calipers and the RS Sport exhaust. Thoughts?

This is basically what I'm going for:

Anyone considering the dynamic plus package?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Here is my current spec

Catalunya Red
    Black Interior with Red Stitching
    Design Package (Red accent vents/seatbelts)
    Carbon Fiber Inlays
    Front License Plate Delete
    Technology Package
    Black Optics Package
    RS Sports Exhaust

I may get the dynamic package but the only thing I 100% would want are the OLED tail lights. This will be my daily so I rather have the Mag Ride and put Height Adjustable Springs on them, I don't track enough to merit getting Carbon Ceramics, and the speed limiter removal will be null once I get a tune on the car. I know pricing isn't out yet but this package has to be a solid chunk of change with the carbon ceramics, sport suspension and OLED tail lights all in one.

I am really hoping the OLED tail lights are just a plug and play type of option so I can buy them separate later on down the road

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm hoping for: Nardo, Black/black interior, Tech, Black optic, and the RS Sport exhaust. Of course it's all going to depend on what is coming in to the dealer and how long I would wait vs settle for what came in. I'm number one on the list at my dealer. This is my color in the order that I would accept: Nardo, Yellow, Red, Black, White, or Gray.....no Blue.

Pretty much as S3 wants:

AZ Member #

Now that we know the colors/specs, please update any existing replies with the specs you'd ideally order!

For me, the ideal order would be: Nardo, Black/Red interior, Tech, Black optic, Design package, red calipers and the RS Sport exhaust. Thoughts?

This is basically what I'm going for:

Anyone considering the dynamic plus package?
    My order would be the same. Don't want or need the Dynamic package but really want the Oled's and maybe the carbon fiber engine cover. I have the first spot at my dealer to order but if you can't get the Oled's standalone like you can in Canada I may pass unless they can be retrofitted. I mean really, why would they only include them in that package?

Rapture

AZ Member #

I'm predicting the dynamic package is not going to be cheap, either, with the ceramics included. I think they cost around $5-6k alone, normally?

I'm planning on ticking every box on the list, save maybe the dynamic package. Thinking about going the Audi exclusive route too with Suzuka Gray.
    2012 Audi A5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I got a call from my dealership asking me to come in to build the car and order it. They are asking me for $3,000 deposit that is not refundable. I am also rather annoyed that I can't just get the OLED tailights without the dynamic plus package which also happens to delete the awesome mag ride. I think I'm going to avoid the package and hope to fit on the OLED's separately down the road...

Also, why $3,000 non-refundable?! I was told the money goes towards the purchase but still...

Also, I too got a pic of the above linked option list form my salesman...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

and order?!

as far as I know base pricing / option pricing hasn't been released yet

AZ Member #

It's not. I got a false alarm as well, earlier. There was an accidental posting over the weekend and it was subsequently taken down.
    2012 Audi A5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I may have misspoke. The salesman made it seem like it was to come in and make the order but he probably meant just for allocation. I went to a different dealership who asked for much less of a deposit that is also refundable.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sajisato101 View Post
    I may have misspoke. The salesman made it seem like it was to come in and make the order but he probably meant just for allocation. I went to a different dealership who asked for much less of a deposit that is also refundable.
    Good call.

Rapture

Senior Member Three Rings Thumper3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow. Huge deposits.

My dealer took a $500.00 deposit, didn't ask if it was refundable or not, but I have a good relationship with my dealer so if I get something else I'm sure we'll work it out.

I am #1 on the list (I told my salesman 6 months ago I wanted one lol) but my S4 lease is not up till April next year so I am going to be shuffled so we can try to plan for the car to arrive no sooner than Feb and then do an early return, but the closer to the end I do it the less penalty I'll have to deal with. My dealer thinks it's likely the first cars will show up around Aug/Sept so hopefully I can make that work. I guess I'm the only one here hoping there is a delay. LOL

Skipping Tech Package, this is a sports car, I don't need nav and nanny devices. Sad you can't get B&O ala carte.
    Dynamic interests me for the upgraded suspension and the OLEDs, but yeah, that one is going to be an $8k package easy so we'll see. I hope we can retro fit OLEDs later.
    Black Optics is a cheap and necessary package so I'm getting that.
    The Sports Exhaust sounds good, can't seem to find a video online of the stock one to compare but likely getting this too.

Color: Probably end up with Nardo. I hate silver, not a fan of red, white is ok if it was flat but they are only giving us metallic. Black is boring, gray metallic is basically silver......ug. Yellow is nice looking but wife is thinking of a new S3 in yellow next year. Like the blue but not sure it's what I want on the TT-RS. Thinking about an Exclusive color depending on the pricing of the packages.
    ON ORDER - 2018 TTRS - Mexico Blue | Tech Pack | Black Optics | Sport Exhaust
    2015 S3 P+ | 19" Sport pack | B&O | USP RS Style grille
    2015 S4 P+ | Sepang Blue | DSG | ADS | Tech Package | B&O | Black Fine Nappa Leather
    2015 BMW 328dX SportWagon | M-Sport | Dynamic Handling W/Dinan ShockWare| Chipwerke PRO Power module | Tech package with HUD | Cold Weather
    2012 GTI 6MT APR Stg 2+ SOLD
    1983 Porsche 944 Coupe | Bone stock baby