Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with your TT RS purchase?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dealer took my deposit.

4 66.67%
  • Dealer is refusing to take deposits.

1 16.67%
  • Waiting on more info first

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
    ............. but my S4 lease is not up till April next year so I am going to be shuffled so we can try to plan for the car to arrive no sooner than Feb and then do an early return, but the closer to the end I do it the less penalty I'll have to deal with.

Is it an Audi (VW) lease? How many years was it? With both my TTS (2011 TTS and 2015 TTS Comp Pkg), I had equity in them at the end of the lease. The lease have a pay off just like any other loan. Have you checked into the payoff vs the value? I have about 5,000 in my current car as it was appraised when I put down the deposit. Check into it. The 2011 I traded in about 3 months early. The 2015 lease ended in February but Audi lets you extend it at same payment and same decline per month as original residual for up to 6 months.

Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
    Wow. Huge deposits.

My dealer took a $500.00 deposit, didn't ask if it was refundable or not, but I have a good relationship with my dealer so if I get something else I'm sure we'll work it out.

I am #1 on the list (I told my salesman 6 months ago I wanted one lol) but my S4 lease is not up till April next year so I am going to be shuffled so we can try to plan for the car to arrive no sooner than Feb and then do an early return, but the closer to the end I do it the less penalty I'll have to deal with. My dealer thinks it's likely the first cars will show up around Aug/Sept so hopefully I can make that work. I guess I'm the only one here hoping there is a delay. LOL

Skipping Tech Package, this is a sports car, I don't need nav and nanny devices. Sad you can't get B&O ala carte.
    Dynamic interests me for the upgraded suspension and the OLEDs, but yeah, that one is going to be an $8k package easy so we'll see. I hope we can retro fit OLEDs later.
    Black Optics is a cheap and necessary package so I'm getting that.
    The Sports Exhaust sounds good, can't seem to find a video online of the stock one to compare but likely getting this too.

Color: Probably end up with Nardo. I hate silver, not a fan of red, white is ok if it was flat but they are only giving us metallic. Black is boring, gray metallic is basically silver......ug. Yellow is nice looking but wife is thinking of a new S3 in yellow next year. Like the blue but not sure it's what I want on the TT-RS. Thinking about an Exclusive color depending on the pricing of the packages.
    I don't think the fixed suspension is an "upgrade". Unless you intend to track the car a lot it is probably just the opposite. In most markets the Mag Ride suspension is an extra cost option, but Audi includes it in the U.S. as they assume we would not want it without (also on the TTS for the same reason).

I really don't understand why that option is not a standalone, and the carbon brakes.

Rapture
    Rapture

2012 Fiat 500 Sport Bianco Perla
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)