Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings awd2ks4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4, 2001 roush stg 2

Rear Oxygen sensor codes:FIXED

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I recently put some 034 down pipes (no cats) in to replace my piggie pipes. I did some test drives and everything seemed great but I drove it today and got a cel. 2 codes P1176 - Bank 1: O2 correction behind catalyst: control limit reached
    P1177 - Bank 2: O2 correction behind catalyst: control limit reached. I'm running the big defoulers which always made my rear 02s happy.
    The only thing I can think of is I might of mixed up the passenger side with the driverside. I'll get the car on a lift soon to check. I have mtm software so as far as I know they don't code out rear 02s :( Anybody have this problem before? Or have these codes come up? Thanks guys
    Last edited by awd2ks4; 01-13-2017 at 02:22 AM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Interested also.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Since the rear oxygen sensors play a role in fuel trims, you'll want to properly take care of this problem with a rear 02 code out. There are many members on here that can do it. I will let them speak up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Can anybody tell me which sensor belongs to which side there's a brown and a green. Which is the passenger and which is the driver?

Veteran Member Three Rings Corradovolksb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 and 2007 GMC Yukon

The green sensor is the passenger side bank 1 and the brown is drivers side bank 2.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Well that's the problem I had them backwards in the pipes lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I want to say thanks to Jason at jhm for taking the time out to answer my questions. He responded almost right away with "I bet you crossed up the sensors with the wrong bank" sure enough put it on the lift and saw they weren't in the right spot. Brown is driverside green is passenger side. The jhm team knows their stuff if you guys need anything when it comes to Audi parts or expertise give them a call. Support them so they can support us. And thank you to those that emailed me or responded to my questions. 👍