Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings frankwizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just picked up a used A7 - should I get a warranty?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Got a great deal on a 2012 a7 prestige 3.0t with 46k on it.

From the research I've done, it looks like the 3.0t/zf8hp powertrain is pretty reliable, and I'm used to wrenching on my stage 3 c5 so I can prob take on most little tidbits, but I am concerned about all the electronic systems.

Would anyone recommend any particular warranty companies or should I go ahead and gamble on the next 50k miles?

Any problem areas to look out for?

Established Member Two Rings Eugeinus's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've always been on the side of taking what you would spend on the warranty and putting it into a "fix it account". Take care of the car, regular maintenance etc and you *should* be on the right side of things. These cars are quite reliable all things considered. As with any gamble, if something does go wrong, be prepared to pay a lot to fix it.

How long are you going to keep the car? Do you have service records from the previous owner(s)?

Veteran Member Three Rings 07S6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Unless you can get a Fidelity Platinum warranty that Audi offers for under $3000, i would keep the cash and take good care of her. Do you still have some warranty remaining... IF so, take it in and get any known recurring issues taken care of and you should be fine.
    2012 A7 Prestige, Innovation Pkg, Sport Pkg, B&O
    2012 A6 Prestige - Phantom Black/Nougat/Innovation Pkg. (sold)
    2007 S6 5.2L V10 (sold)

Veteran Member Four Rings Sanjman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing else special
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 07S6 View Post
    Unless you can get a Fidelity Platinum warranty that Audi offers for under $3000, i would keep the cash and take good care of her. Do you still have some warranty remaining... IF so, take it in and get any known recurring issues taken care of and you should be fine.
    Have you or anyone have success just taking the car in to a dealership to get common problems taken care of?

Senior Member Two Rings frankwizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 07S6 View Post
    Bought as is so no warranty, but I've got the full service history and all scheduled maintenance is up to date. Also had the thermostat replaced and an led light replaced under warranty as well as software updates and recall work.