Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Three Rings Mr. Spectacular's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Next Spectacular Project (S5 Spoiler)

I had great fun with the custom cubby boxes I made but I felt it was time to retire that project after the most recent round. They were fun but took pretty much everything out of me each round I did and working with that stuff just isn't pleasant. On top of that, my workspace changed with less flexibility for all the nasty work. I did get curious about carbon fiber though since there are many similarities between the two, it's a bit more pleasant to work with, and it's cool lol

I set myself up with a workshop to play around with the stuff. First project was to overlay a few bench tops with it since i needed to get used to it anyways and needed non-permeable tops.

Anyways, I decided a couple months back that I'd give the spoiler a shot. I was to start it up w couple weeks ago and finally have a shape I believe I'm happy with.

Started out by taking the shape of the trunk itself for a nice fit

Then onto making a nice and sexy curve for the profile of the spoiler itself

And finally finishing it off

Here she is fitted

Next up I'll get her prepped and molded to make a carbon fiber version.

More pics to come.....
    Last edited by Mr. Spectacular; 01-11-2017 at 09:26 AM.