Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

OEM Diverter Valve Failure?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi guys

My car has the 1.8t engine with 51000 miles on the clock, the oem diverter valve on it must be the original as far as I'm aware.

Anyway is it possible for it to fail without there being a issue with the diaphragm. Such as the spring becoming weaker over the 9 Years its been in use?

Causing it to open the Valve under less pressure than when it was new?

Thanks
    Ramjam

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings LokiAudi89's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'd say no man, I'm pretty sure mine was stock and had over 100k I went and bought a forge Dv anyways

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

its possible, but not too likely. Mine had original on to 150k. I just replaced it with the 034 diverter. works great and has a little bit of sound to it, so at least you hear it working.
    2000 Avant A4 1.8 Tip
    2001 A4 1.8T 5spd
    2002 VW TDI 5spd

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I would say your miles is low... But the diverter valve is one of the bigest reasons for lost of boost... The old diverters works with a rubber and they tare left and right... Even after doing stage 1 on the car you can kiss it goodbey... So i will say if you have some extra money... Why not... Get your self a piston diverter valve as they dont use those dum rubers... My 2011 a4 B8 had a piston diverter from stock so just make sure before you go and buy a new one like i did without looking lol... But its not really a service part so there cant be said how long it will last... But if you reach a 100 maybe then go for it... Or if you would like to add a bov... U might as well want to change it aswell...

Sent from my LG-D722 using Audizine mobile app