Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Three Rings jschrauwen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A5 3.2 QTip, 00 A4 2.8 QTip, 90 300ZX TT 572whp 590wtq, Ducati TT2

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by protogeoff View Post
    That sucks for you guys. Some Chevron stations out west have ethanol-free 94. I get noticbly better milage... Around .5 L/100.

V1Rotate
    I sure miss that 94 octane Chevron when I lived on Vancouver Island.
    2008 A5|Ice Silver|3.2 QTip|Premium Pkg|Technology Pkg|B&O with JL10W0-4 sub|15/20mm spacers|HID Foglights|LED - Front turn, reverse, license and interior|RS5 grill|AWE/K&N Intake|Quad tipped OEM muffler mod|2015 Euro-spec FL-LED Tail lights|CR-15 Strut Bar
    To be installed: AFS-1 pre-facelift Ecode (Euro) headlights

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jschrauwen View Post
    I sure miss that 94 octane Chevron when I lived on Vancouver Island.
    God damn.. Makes me want to stop running my 94 map on my car... 30% ethanol? Been running 94 at petro for months and the range is awful. Makes sense now... I did enjoy the power gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings jschrauwen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A5 3.2 QTip, 00 A4 2.8 QTip, 90 300ZX TT 572whp 590wtq, Ducati TT2

Quote Originally Posted by spin0rz View Post
    God damn.. Makes me want to stop running my 94 map on my car... 30% ethanol? Been running 94 at petro for months and the range is awful. Makes sense now... I did enjoy the power gains.
    The nature of ethanol does allow one to run slightly higher boost compared to the same level octane with zero ethanol. Although it does take more ethanol to achieve the same amount of power per compression then non ethanol gas of the same octane rating.
    2008 A5|Ice Silver|3.2 QTip|Premium Pkg|Technology Pkg|B&O with JL10W0-4 sub|15/20mm spacers|HID Foglights|LED - Front turn, reverse, license and interior|RS5 grill|AWE/K&N Intake|Quad tipped OEM muffler mod|2015 Euro-spec FL-LED Tail lights|CR-15 Strut Bar
    To be installed: AFS-1 pre-facelift Ecode (Euro) headlights