Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 311
  1. #161
    Established Member Two Rings seank13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    400361
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Get Excelerate to advice us so that we can ship direct to you to make the date. I will get in touch with Joshua and his team in any case and offer that as well.
    Am keen to get early adopters to get this on their vehicles.

    All very well me saying it is great however let us see what you think post fitment - as always, objective feedback works for us.
    Really excited about how the testing is going! Thanks again for the updates! Ready to schedule the install of my TrackPack as soon as I have tracking info!
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville
    2016 Harley Davidson Sportster

  2. #162
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    395172
    Location
    TX/USA

    Those tire pressures sound like max load/door listed pressure, which is too high and will not result in maximum grip and gives a rough ride. Try 34f29r to get even wear across the tire on-road, at least that was what was most even in temperature gradient with the stock suspension for highway and city driving, for me (on a coupe). (Using pyormeter) At max load pressure the center of the tread was running a bit warm. Good luck and keep up the great work!

    [Edit: Typo and basis]

  3. #163
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    Those tire pressures sound like max load/door listed pressure, which is too high and will not result in maximum grip and gives a rough ride. Try 34f29r to get even wear across the tire on-road, at least that was what was most even in temperature gradient with the stock suspension for highway and city driving, for me (on a coupe). (Using pyormeter) At max load pressure the center of the tread was running a bit warm. Good luck and keep up the great work!

    [Edit: Typo and basis]
    Thought that at first...our door sticker indicates that is low occurpancy numbers when we checked some 5-weeks ago when both cars were delivered...will check again just in case. But I agree that for a supposedly lighter platform compared to the MK2, the recommended tire PSI are higher if the door stickers are to be adhered to...we did try lower and car felt lazier but I agree, it is one thing we noted from earlier observations.

    Will check again in any case - glad you brought that up as it is these little changes that can make a difference.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  4. #164
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by seank13 View Post
    Really excited about how the testing is going! Thanks again for the updates! Ready to schedule the install of my TrackPack as soon as I have tracking info!
    Thanks and easy tiger...I get to do the excited bit...Track Pack will go on the Coupe tomorrow so over the next week or two we will know if my testers are spot on or otherwise...besides it is raining here again so ideal conditions to see if going stiffer is good on slippery roads.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  5. #165
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    Do you have any schedule to ship these yet?

  6. #166
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Here is the first production Sport Kit installed on a MK3 TTRS done by Tag Motorsports. There are no words. Waiting for Matt to chime in, he has some great things to say!

    Last edited by Excelerate Rep; 01-03-2018 at 08:08 AM.

  7. #167
    Active Member Two Rings s4 cab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2009
    AZ Member #
    49724
    My Garage
    2009 TT-S, 2015 A7 TDI, 1974 Lotus Europa, 2002 Ford F250 7.3L
    Location
    Los Angeles

    So far, I have a little over 5,000 miles on the Track Pack. If I was planning to track the car, it would be a perfect compromise between firmness for the track and comfortable enough for the road. My wife hasn't complained about it either, and she really did not like the Track Pack on my TTS, although that might have been the Track Pack LS that she complained about.

    While the stock handling of the TTRS is fantastic, the Track Pack sharpens it and remains smooth over most road imperfections. Earlier in this thread, William referred to the rear end feeling odd at times, I think the issue is with the rear bushings. The combination of stiffer rear springs and grippy tires (mine came with the Yokohamas), shows the next weak link for track/fast road performance and that is the bushings. On my TTS, I have 034 MS's trailing arm bushings and upper control arm (both eliminate the rubber bushing for spherical bearings). This really made an improvement on rear end feel without increasing NVH too much. I probably wont make that modification on my daily driver.

    Next up: Sport Kit should arrive latter today. I'll just need to swap out the rear springs. Will report back with another update. Let me know if you have any questions.

    Lake
    2018 TTRS (MSSKits Track Pack)
    2009 Audi TT-S (APR Stg 1, APR DSG, Penske 7500DA, Blackbird Fabworx safety systems)
    2015 Audi A7 TDI (Wife's)
    1974 Lotus Europa TCS
    2002 Ford F-250 7.3L
    Gone: 1998 A4 1.8, 2002 A4 3.2 Q, 2005 S4 Cab, 2009 A4, 2010 S5 Cab, 2015 S3

  8. #168
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2010
    AZ Member #
    63749
    Location
    Plymouth, MN

    I received my Sport Pack today. Will be getting it installed asap to start testing it. I have an ice driving event next week, hopefully can have them on by then.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Phantom Black 2013 TTRS (Wrapped in White) | APR Stage 2 Software | APR RSC Downpipe | APR Intercooler | MSS Sport Springs | 034 Motorsports RSB | 50% Tint | Escort 9500xi | Viper SmartStart GPS Remote Start | VMR 19" 710s with Michelin PSSs
    Scuba Blue 2013 Q5 | 3.0T Sline | Tint | Clear Bra | Viper SmartStart GPS Remote Start

  9. #169
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by s4 cab View Post
    So far, I have a little over 5,000 miles on the Track Pack. If I was planning to track the car, it would be a perfect compromise between firmness for the track and comfortable enough for the road. My wife hasn't complained about it either, and she really did not like the Track Pack on my TTS, although that might have been the Track Pack LS that she complained about.

    While the stock handling of the TTRS is fantastic, the Track Pack sharpens it and remains smooth over most road imperfections. Earlier in this thread, William referred to the rear end feeling odd at times, I think the issue is with the rear bushings. The combination of stiffer rear springs and grippy tires (mine came with the Yokohamas), shows the next weak link for track/fast road performance and that is the bushings. On my TTS, I have 034 MS's trailing arm bushings and upper control arm (both eliminate the rubber bushing for spherical bearings). This really made an improvement on rear end feel without increasing NVH too much. I probably wont make that modification on my daily driver.

    Next up: Sport Kit should arrive latter today. I'll just need to swap out the rear springs. Will report back with another update. Let me know if you have any questions.

    Lake
    Thanks for the feedback Lake!

  10. #170
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
    Do you have any schedule to ship these yet?
    We are getting up to speed so fulfilment will ease by end of January. Next shipment will be at end of January to Excelerate Performance so worth checking in with them.

    Apologise for the later response.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  11. #171
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    All good, Greg called me
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || George Smooth lV 6/4 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5

  12. #172
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    404592
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified
    Location
    Beaumont/Alberta/Canada


  13. #173
    Senior Member Three Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    MK3 TT MSS Spring Kits - We want to know, are you interested?

    Alright, I hit 1k miles on the car yesterday, and probably 300-400 miles on the MSS kit. Springs probably aren't fully settled or broken in yet, but I have enough for my first impressions. First thing I want to mention, because most people consider this the biggest trade-off when lowering, is that I'm very impressed with the level of comfort these springs can provide. I'm coming from having H&R St coilovers on my last car, which is considered a more comfortable coilover set, and the ride here with the MSS' is fantastic in comparison. My wife hated my A5 on coilovers; she was blown away at how comfortable the TTRS was stock with mag ride; she was even more blown away that she felt just as comfortable when sitting in the TTRS after having the MSS kit springs put on. I would say that the MSS springs give a firmer, more precise ride, without compromising comfort. Job well done.

    Turn-in feels much better. Don't get me wrong, this car is on rails 24/7 when stock, but I can't help but feel there's a good level of added precision when I go into a tight turn over stock. Had a couple quick turns in the canyon that were so unbelievably easy, I had to smile. Turn the wheel hard and the car just instantly points to where you want it to. There's no delay. I even got the rear to push out a little on one of the turns.

    Honestly, one of my favorite things so far about this kit is that there are no compromises. When I drove my A5 on coilovers, I always had to baby it on unknown public roads because who knows where a pot hole will be or an odd dip in the road that just shreds my underbody and throws me around the cabin. It felt more for show than for performance. When I drive my wife's stock S4, I feel like I can drive any road at any pace, with comfort and confidence...but the ride is so much more floaty, even with the sports differential. My TTRS with MSS springs gives me the lowered look I wanted, a planted, firm ride that gives me precision in my turns, but with a ride that's surprisingly comfortable and similar to mag ride stock, and allows me not to worry about imperfections in the road, as the car just adjusts fantastically to all the cracks and bumps along the way.

    I could do with maybe another .25" lower on the front from a looks standpoint, but I'm not complaining. We'll see if they settle any lower, and who knows if I'd have more rubbing issues anyway if it did go lower.

    Overall, fairly impressed with the kit thus far. Thanks again William and Greg.

    PS: Rub is almost entirely gone. I have a small amount of rub if I take a very tight turn with hard acceleration, but other than that, I couldn't get it to rub. What Supreme Power ended up doing was rolling the front a bit (as one of the techs who was a bit heavier was able to get some rub going in the front), and shaving a portion of the interior rear fenders, where they saw it was making contact with the tire. No height adjustment was needed whatsoever. After the springs completely settle, I'll see if any adjustments are needed.








    And this should give some of you ( @Rapture ) a better idea of the current stance you get. Sorry, lighting wasn’t great. Sun was behind clouds.

    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

  14. #174
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post

    And this should give some of you ( @Rapture ) a better idea of the current stance you get. Sorry, lighting wasn’t great. Sun was behind clouds.


    It does, thanks Izzu. It looks great.



    Rapture
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  15. #175
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    404592
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified
    Location
    Beaumont/Alberta/Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    What are the specs of the wheel/tires? Looks really, really low in this picture, lower than I would go but I have snow to deal with and have rubbed on speedbumps at stock height.

    <edit> Looks great BTW.

  16. #176
    Senior Member Three Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
    What are the specs of the wheel/tires? Looks really, really low in this picture, lower than I would go but I have snow to deal with and have rubbed on speedbumps at stock height.

    <edit> Looks great BTW.
    Same 255/30/20 Pirellis that come with the car. Wheels are 20x9 ET35 Rohana RFX10 with a custom carbon graphite powder coat that isn't shown well at all in these photos. I still think the car has room to go lower. It's not incredibly low and gives more of a sporty performance stance than a showroom stance.

    Thanks!
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

  17. #177
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Thanks so much for the honest feedback. You still have plenty of time to go with these springs before the nestle into their groove. The suspension will change and get even better after about 2,000 miles. The springs will come down a bit as well, and probably put you exactly where you want to be, might need to raise it depending on preference.

    Seeing a lot of complaints with the tire options that come on this car, many switching to the Michelin's already. William is adding PS4 to the dev cars soon.

    All back order MK3 TT Sport Kits are being shipped over the next few days directly from England.

    Track Pack inquiries, release is sooner than expected. Stay tuned for more info!

  18. #178
    Established Member Two Rings seank13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    400361
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    .

    Track Pack inquiries, release is sooner than expected. Stay tuned for more info!
    Woo Hoo!!!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville
    2016 Harley Davidson Sportster

  19. #179
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    Mine are in the mail!
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || George Smooth lV 6/4 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5

  20. #180
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2005
    AZ Member #
    5933
    Location
    Bay Area
    Items for Sale

    Any news on finding out where the rear instability / wiggle characteristics are coming from?

    Very sad to hear that Audi went from great composure with the previous gen TTRS, to having introduced some unwanted characteristics in this gen.
    Previous...
    05.5 B7 S4 (Stock)
    07' E90 335i (KW V2's, Sway Bars)
    08' E90 M3 (Stock)
    09' Z06 (DRM Shocks)
    13' TTRS (MSS springs, APR Stage 1)
    02' Z06 (Stock)

    Current: 2016 F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T coilovers), DCT

  21. #181
    Active Member Two Rings s4 cab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2009
    AZ Member #
    49724
    My Garage
    2009 TT-S, 2015 A7 TDI, 1974 Lotus Europa, 2002 Ford F250 7.3L
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
    Any news on finding out where the rear instability / wiggle characteristics are coming from?

    Very sad to hear that Audi went from great composure with the previous gen TTRS, to having introduced some unwanted characteristics in this gen.
    No sadness at all. The MQB chassis is brilliant. It only presented itself when increasing the spring rates and pushing the car hard. If I recall, William attributed it to tires. He has the Pirelli's (and is not happy with them) I have the Yokohama's and they are great. I did not notice the "wiggle" with the stock springs. On my Mk2 TTS, I felt the same "wiggle" as I increased the spring rates. Solution on the TTS was the 034 rear trailing arm bushing. Tightened everything up without adding additional NVH. With the prototype Track Pack on my TTRS, I don't notice it in normal to aggressive street driving. Canyon carving, I notice during quick transitions. As I do not plan on tracking the TTRS, there is nothing for me to fix.

    MSSKits Sport Kit is still in the box. Once I get that on, I'll let you know if I can feel the wiggle with a softer spring set-up. Will try to get them on this weekend.

    Lake
    2018 TTRS (MSSKits Track Pack)
    2009 Audi TT-S (APR Stg 1, APR DSG, Penske 7500DA, Blackbird Fabworx safety systems)
    2015 Audi A7 TDI (Wife's)
    1974 Lotus Europa TCS
    2002 Ford F-250 7.3L
    Gone: 1998 A4 1.8, 2002 A4 3.2 Q, 2005 S4 Cab, 2009 A4, 2010 S5 Cab, 2015 S3

  22. #182
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    OK, I will break cover...haha.

    Lake...! Don't bother with the Sports upgrade now...let me send updated Track Pack over instead...I know you...you will be back for them anyway...!!! Will get TP upgrade shipped today.

    Izzu, yep you will keep going lower...we are approaching 2k on the Roadster and in the end I had to raise ride by 10mm on front and 5mm rears...at 47 years old, there seemed to be a distinct "Oh, William has got mid-life crisis" from lip reading Liz from next door as I drove past...all good fun though.

    Anyway, we have moved on to the Coupe and Track Pack fully adjustable all round is a giggle...but I will do a more in-depth review later as I have made a few changes.

    - MPS4S is on...we went from OE 255/30 to 275/30...tire is not stretched anymore and shoulder now stands up...fills wheel better and IMHO car should have been delivered like this...Roadster is still on the stretched Pzero 255/30 to continue testing...not a fan of that size...but happy to test for now...;
    - Coupe is set to lowest settings on front...;
    - rear brake upgrade hopefully gets fitted next week...;
    - alignment is tomorrow...;
    - Racelogic VBOX tools (HD2; 3I SL 100Hz + IMU) delivered and HD2 tested...booked in for training to use VBOX 3I SL...bit complex;

    Video will be up later...early morning time test in new MPS4S...even being new felt fab straight away...puts used Pzero to shame - they are up for sale...won't miss nor need them!

    Honestly, I think I have the best job in the whole wide world...!!!
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  23. #183
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    OK, I will break cover...haha.

    Lake...! Don't bother with the Sports upgrade now...let me send updated Track Pack over instead...I know you...you will be back for them anyway...!!! Will get TP upgrade shipped today.

    Izzu, yep you will keep going lower...we are approaching 2k on the Roadster and in the end I had to raise ride by 10mm on front and 5mm rears...at 47 years old, there seemed to be a distinct "Oh, William has got mid-life crisis" from lip reading Liz from next door as I drove past...all good fun though.

    Anyway, we have moved on to the Coupe and Track Pack fully adjustable all round is a giggle...but I will do a more in-depth review later as I have made a few changes.

    - MPS4S is on...we went from OE 255/30 to 275/30...tire is not stretched anymore and shoulder now stands up...fills wheel better and IMHO car should have been delivered like this...Roadster is still on the stretched Pzero 255/30 to continue testing...not a fan of that size...but happy to test for now...;
    - Coupe is set to lowest settings on front...;
    - rear brake upgrade hopefully gets fitted next week...;
    - alignment is tomorrow...;
    - Racelogic VBOX tools (HD2; 3I SL 100Hz + IMU) delivered and HD2 tested...booked in for training to use VBOX 3I SL...bit complex;

    Video will be up later...early morning time test in new MPS4S...even being new felt fab straight away...puts used Pzero to shame - they are up for sale...won't miss nor need them!

    Honestly, I think I have the best job in the whole wide world...!!!
    Hi,

    Could you help me with the difference between the fully adjustable Sports Kit and the Track Pack? My car (if I ever get it) will be mostly for street use with maybe an occasional (once a year) casual track session. I'm interested in maintaining ride quality but also being able to fully adjust the height in order to bring the car down around 20X9.5" wheels with 265/30/20 MPS4S, without rubbing.

    I'm thinking that the fully adjustable Sport Kit would best suit my needs. Does that sound right? I'd love to hear Lake's review if so.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  24. #184
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Rapture,
    Indeed Sports is fine - Track Pack may be a touch stiff...I have just got back in after another short drive...Track Pack is stiff especially over rougher roads. Manageable if roads around you are in good shape and not too many potholes to navigate. I will say Track Pack will be as firm as a stock 991.1 C4S in Sports mode.

    On your choice of tires, you may want to look at 275 especially if you are going 9.5”...just keep ET close to stock wheels and you will be fine. But as Izzu says, you could get fender rolled otherwise.

    We have just fitted 275/30/20 MPS4S on stock wheels...no rubbing on full lock and springs are set to lowest on fronts.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  25. #185
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Hi,

    Could you help me with the difference between the fully adjustable Sports Kit and the Track Pack? My car (if I ever get it) will be mostly for street use with maybe an occasional (once a year) casual track session. I'm interested in maintaining ride quality but also being able to fully adjust the height in order to bring the car down around 20X9.5" wheels with 265/30/20 MPS4S, without rubbing.

    I'm thinking that the fully adjustable Sport Kit would best suit my needs. Does that sound right? I'd love to hear Lake's review if so.
    Basing my reply off other applications, the sport kit is still the most popular and for good reason. This kit is the best compromise between ride comfort and handling performance ability. The Golf R equipped wit the track pack takes bumps pretty much the same as a sport kit but you can tell the chassis is more rigid and tight feeling on uneven road surfaces. These can cause movement inside the cabin that picky folk might not necessarily love. It is still very compliant and comfortable, more than any coilover kit I've ridden in, so use that for comparison. The Sport kit is just an absolute dream to drive on everyday. With the track pack you just know the suspension is stiffer because that car just feels more confident. This pretty much falls right in line with what William just mentioned.

    I would highly recommend the sport kit when the time comes.

    Thanks,

  26. #186
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Rapture,
    Indeed Sports is fine - Track Pack may be a touch stiff...I have just got back in after another short drive...Track Pack is stiff especially over rougher roads. Manageable if roads around you are in good shape and not too many potholes to navigate. I will say Track Pack will be as firm as a stock 991.1 C4S in Sports mode.

    On your choice of tires, you may want to look at 275 especially if you are going 9.5”...just keep ET close to stock wheels and you will be fine. But as Izzu says, you could get fender rolled otherwise.

    We have just fitted 275/30/20 MPS4S on stock wheels...no rubbing on full lock and springs are set to lowest on fronts.
    Thanks for both of your responses, they are very helpful. I'm very familiar with the ride of the C4S in Sports mode, its a great setting for the right roads but a bit harsh on the wrong ones. I have looked at the 275's but decided on the 265's because they are a bit closer to the stock tires dimension, except the added tread width with the Michelins will help get rid of the stretch and square things up a bit. (I'd love to see a few photos of your car on the 275's) With Mops help I went with a 46 front and 41 rear offset to fill out the wheel wells better and to also square up the track which I think will look quite a bit better on this car. It will also add 12.5 and 17.5 mm of offset but I know that others have run a 20X9.5 with a 45et with no problems, fingers are a bit crossed. Still waitng for both the wheels and the car at this point so it's a bit acamdemic. For me it seems the Adjustable Sport kit will be the right choice and hopefully I can adjust the height to a point where it looks (and drives) better but without any rub.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  27. #187
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Thanks for both of your responses, they are very helpful. I'm very familiar with the ride of the C4S in Sports mode, its a great setting for the right roads but a bit harsh on the wrong ones. I have looked at the 275's but decided on the 265's because they are a bit closer to the stock tires dimension, except the added tread width with the Michelins will help get rid of the stretch and square things up a bit. (I'd love to see a few photos of your car on the 275's) With Mops help I went with a 46 front and 41 rear offset to fill out the wheel wells better and to also square up the track which I think will look quite a bit better on this car. It will also add 12.5 and 17.5 mm of offset but I know that others have run a 20X9.5 with a 45et with no problems, fingers are a bit crossed. Still waitng for both the wheels and the car at this point so it's a bit acamdemic. For me it seems the Adjustable Sport kit will be the right choice and hopefully I can adjust the height to a point where it looks (and drives) better but without any rub.
    Sure on tire view...





    Last edited by 996CAB; 01-14-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  28. #188
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    404592
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified
    Location
    Beaumont/Alberta/Canada

    Cant wait to get them in the car and all balanced up!


    Photo by Ryan Nadeau

  29. #189
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Dev Audi MK3 (8S) TT-RS Coupe night test

    Hello everyone, this is a long one and hope you don’t mind.

    Apologise for the video as with night shooting the quality is not the best so you may want to select HD from the YouTube media player...enjoy.





    Am asked regularly “why does it take so long to release a product?”.

    Well, the question is simple enough to answer...we spend a great deal of time on the road testing (80% of development time is on road test; 5% on fitting/re-fitting/measuring/weighing etc; 14% on computer related development; 1% waiting on parts) and in some cases as with the Audi B8/B8.5/B9...it can take us over a year from the desired release date to finally release a product. I make no apologies here because if the product is not right I had rather not release to market and where we rush...we may likely lose friends just to make sales...not an option for this old Sarf Londoner here...we got customers who have become great friends over the years and would rather not annoy anyone tbh.

    Right and on to what I really wanted to share with you, short video further above of our road test. I enjoy this part most because when a vehicle is well setup for road use in particular, it can be driven safely at pace without ever feeling not in control should an avoiding action be necessary – for example, a drunken old fool like me stumbles out of a roadside bar...granted, for the roads we test on you are not likely going to encounter me stumbling out of a bar sprawling on the tarmac after one too many Whiskey...but I hope you get the idea. A vehicle that is setup well should be fun to drive relatively quickly and safely on any public road or private race or test track.

    The purpose of the road test is to ensure that we can at least articulate to you how it feels to use the product in anger or calmly on dry or wet tarmac in a narrow single track B-road or open multi-lane A-road/motorway. We also want to arrive at a point where the steering is sharp to enable easier manoeuvring at pace or in tight bends. We do so by keep refining spring rates through testing until we get to that point where we know it feels right; data supports our subjective view and we can release the product with confidence.

    During this short video (you are just seeing 4 minutes of a 90 minutes road test) you will note the following...;
    • - Audi Matrix headlights are fantastic, lights up the road very well;
    • - Putting the vehicle under repeated load does not have any unpredictable scenarios;
    • - Sharp bends are navigated with greater ease;
    • - Series of bends are no trouble at all;
    • - Braking in to sharp bends does not disturb the vehicle – rear or front;
    • - UK B-roads are bumpy and yet this track kit rides these bumps well ;
    • - G-meter is relatively stable without any sudden jumps or sways despite lowering the vehicle;
    • - We observe all speed limits going through villages;
    • - Exhaust note is not as good in the Coupe, Roadster allows more in-cabin volume;
    • - No squeaks; creaks; knocking sounds...we listen out for these also and on these B-roads there is enough shaking going on to flush any noise out;
    • - Engine always sounds strained to me in lower gear /. High rpm;



    Overall, am very pleased with the Track Pack and Michelin MPS4S 275/30 combo. Lots of grip; great steering feedback; comfort not affected and no tramline.

    Also, when going up in size on tire sizes it is important to ensure that the tire pressures and the load is observed to maintain the OE tire pressures gap between front and rear axle. In any case, a higher load index than OE is usually advised from a safety point of view...essentially the tire supports a given corner weight and thus the load index relates to just that. This PDF from Toyo tires is very useful to read and gain valuable knowledge on tires size/pressure settings as there are detailed info that should help understand the relationship between tire load index and tire pressures...may also help understand why OE specify a given pressure - for example, the MK2 TT (heavier platform) pressures were lower than the MK3 TT (lighter platform) however a quick glance at the tire load differences and it all makes so much sense. Page 8 to 11 of the PDF walks through an example of a +1 size upgrade on various vehicles - makes for an interesting reading. Hope these info are helpful as tires, like springs..., are rarely covered in detail so knowledge is thin on the ground is what I find.

    So in our case on the Coupe where stock recommendation on a 255/30/20 92 Y is 35PSI fronts and 29PSI rears to give a 6PSI gap we have changed to as follows...;
    1. - We used the ISO Metric (ETRTO) Standards table on page 30 to correlate the OE pressures. Doing so we noted the front 92 Y PZero tires pressures of 35PSI can support 1190Ibs (540kg) per front corner in weight (this factors in small luggage and driver only). Info fits in well as the weighed car registered heaviest of 468kg so add driver plus some luggage and we are not going to exceed the 540kg per corner load capability of the tires pressured to 35PSI.
    2. - As the new tires are 275/30/20 97 Y, we look at the chart on page 30 of the PDF link above and to support 1190Ibs corner weight we need only 29PSI however I like even numbers so I shoot for 30PSI for the fronts...a drop of 5PSI over OE and in-line with the MPS4S 275/30 97 Y load index rating.
    3. - Applying same principle to the rears sees OE pressures of 29PSI for a 92 Y tire supports 1036Ibs (470kg) per rear corner in weight (this factors in small luggage and driver only). Info fits in well as the weighed car registered heaviest of 287kg so add driver plus some luggage and we are definitely not going to exceed the 470kg per corner load capability of the tires pressured to 29PSI.
    4. - Again, as these new +2 MPS4S tires are 275/30/20 97 Y, we look at the chart on page 30 of the PDF link above and closet we can get to support 1036Ibs is 1047Ibs per corner which means we dropped tire pressures down per corner to 25PSI and keeps us within the OE 6PSI gap between the axles...this is a key point to note.



    Hope the above is helpful / useful for others who make changes to OE tires. Just keep the load index rating the same or higher and ensure you follow up on maintaining OE pressure gaps between the axles. Also correlate the new load settings to your corner weight using one of the Standards charts from the Toyo PDF link shared – the Standards are region specific or in some cases vehicle origin of make specific – i.e. a European built vehicle imported should use the ISO Metric (ETRTO) Standards table not the Standards for your region for vehicle built/tested in your region. OE spend an awful lot on R&D for a valid reason...we just ensure we keep that in mind whenever making changes.

    Whilst am here let me address an earlier query on tire pressures - these are different between black Coupe (on the left) and grey Roadster (on the right)...I don't recall that being the case on the MK2 TT. Anyway, door stickers of our UK Grey (roadster) and Black (coupe) Dev cars are below.


    Another thing I like about the MPS4S is that they certainly have a shoulder and not stretched as the 255 PZero. 275 certainly covers to rim edge for some wheel protection....not much mind.




    Car was weighed and alignment is done – we have set to OE all round for testing purpose. Camber were within OE specs however front was TOE OUT and rear is TOE IN one side and TOE OUT the other side so now both set to TOE IN.






    As the springs settles over time, I expect small amount of negative Camber to be dialled in by the additional lowering. In any case, I can feel the handling has now got a little bit of loose feel on front end as a results of the alignment back to OE settings...just a smidge of difference and does not detract from the enjoyment...steering just feels a little more playful as opposed to rock steady prior to alignment change back to OE...at this point, it really is fine tuning and as with any test runs the car will feel different at each small change...we are, as I say, at a fine tuning point and personal preferences will kick in so don’t read too much in to my feedback on alignment, the OE settings is excellent in real terms...should also help tire life.
    Personally, I will start by setting my own TT-RS 8S front TOE to ZERO just to get the steering feeling a smidge more ‘heft’ and flatten out that smidge of loose feeling but keep in mind alignment outside OE settings is very much a personal thing...some like to set a loose back-end (to mimic rwd) and others may prefer a loose front end. I suspect a TOE OUT of -0.05 Degrees may be where it gets and feels right though a regimented tire rotation between the axels may be necessary to negate uneven wear of the inside tread...which is how my MK2 (8J) TT-RS is setup.

    Brakes...got a rear rotor upgrade kit only going on. I have looked at the front design which looks good to allow enough cooling air to front brakes however we shall see how they hold up this summer. For now, we just want to throw a little more bias rearward to stop the rears wobbling on hard braking.
    • - 356 x 22mm rotors for the rears...
    • - OE callipers retained...
    • - fronts stays as OE...
    • - we will get ENDLESS RF650 fluid swapped in...
    • - then a more aggressive pad on rears and that is the lot.




    From here, we will only want to resolve issues to keep the spend down.
    Last edited by 996CAB; 01-14-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  30. #190
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
    Cant wait to get them in the car and all balanced up!


    Photo by Ryan Nadeau
    Pix...!
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  31. #191
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Alright, I hit 1k miles on the car yesterday, and probably 300-400 miles on the MSS kit. Springs probably aren't fully settled or broken in yet, but I have enough for my first impressions. First thing I want to mention, because most people consider this the biggest trade-off when lowering, is that I'm very impressed with the level of comfort these springs can provide. I'm coming from having H&R St coilovers on my last car, which is considered a more comfortable coilover set, and the ride here with the MSS' is fantastic in comparison. My wife hated my A5 on coilovers; she was blown away at how comfortable the TTRS was stock with mag ride; she was even more blown away that she felt just as comfortable when sitting in the TTRS after having the MSS kit springs put on. I would say that the MSS springs give a firmer, more precise ride, without compromising comfort. Job well done.

    Turn-in feels much better. Don't get me wrong, this car is on rails 24/7 when stock, but I can't help but feel there's a good level of added precision when I go into a tight turn over stock. Had a couple quick turns in the canyon that were so unbelievably easy, I had to smile. Turn the wheel hard and the car just instantly points to where you want it to. There's no delay. I even got the rear to push out a little on one of the turns.

    Honestly, one of my favorite things so far about this kit is that there are no compromises. When I drove my A5 on coilovers, I always had to baby it on unknown public roads because who knows where a pot hole will be or an odd dip in the road that just shreds my underbody and throws me around the cabin. It felt more for show than for performance. When I drive my wife's stock S4, I feel like I can drive any road at any pace, with comfort and confidence...but the ride is so much more floaty, even with the sports differential. My TTRS with MSS springs gives me the lowered look I wanted, a planted, firm ride that gives me precision in my turns, but with a ride that's surprisingly comfortable and similar to mag ride stock, and allows me not to worry about imperfections in the road, as the car just adjusts fantastically to all the cracks and bumps along the way.

    I could do with maybe another .25" lower on the front from a looks standpoint, but I'm not complaining. We'll see if they settle any lower, and who knows if I'd have more rubbing issues anyway if it did go lower.

    Overall, fairly impressed with the kit thus far. Thanks again William and Greg.

    PS: Rub is almost entirely gone. I have a small amount of rub if I take a very tight turn with hard acceleration, but other than that, I couldn't get it to rub. What Supreme Power ended up doing was rolling the front a bit (as one of the techs who was a bit heavier was able to get some rub going in the front), and shaving a portion of the interior rear fenders, where they saw it was making contact with the tire. No height adjustment was needed whatsoever. After the springs completely settle, I'll see if any adjustments are needed.





    And this should give some of you ( @Rapture ) a better idea of the current stance you get. Sorry, lighting wasn’t great. Sun was behind clouds.
    Never thought about a white RS on the 8S platform however this face scares me...in a nice way! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by 996CAB; 01-14-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  32. #192
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Sure on tire view...



    Thanks again very much. I'm having trouble again though seeing the photo's in this and the other message you posted today.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  33. #193
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Rapture,
    Should be viewable now.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  34. #194
    Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    For those that have already installed, was there any issues with getting the alignment back into spec? Or did you need to add aftermarket camber plates?
    2017 Audi TTS
    2016 Audi Q3

  35. #195
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Rapture,
    Should be viewable now.
    Thanks, they are. Those tires certainly have some meat vs the OEM fitment.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  36. #196
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Also, when going up in size on tire sizes it is important to ensure that the tire pressures and the load is observed to maintain the OE tire pressures gap between front and rear axle. In any case, a higher load index than OE is usually advised from a safety point of view...essentially the tire supports a given corner weight and thus the load index relates to just that. This PDF from Toyo tires is very useful to read and gain valuable knowledge on tires size/pressure settings as there are detailed info that should help understand the relationship between tire load index and tire pressures...may also help understand why OE specify a given pressure - for example, the MK2 TT (heavier platform) pressures were lower than the MK3 TT (lighter platform) however a quick glance at the tire load differences and it all makes so much sense. Page 8 to 11 of the PDF walks through an example of a +1 size upgrade on various vehicles - makes for an interesting reading. Hope these info are helpful as tires, like springs..., are rarely covered in detail so knowledge is thin on the ground is what I find.

    So in our case on the Coupe where stock recommendation on a 255/30/20 92 Y is 35PSI fronts and 29PSI rears to give a 6PSI gap we have changed to as follows...;
    1. - We used the ISO Metric (ETRTO) Standards table on page 30 to correlate the OE pressures. Doing so we noted the front 92 Y PZero tires pressures of 35PSI can support 1190Ibs (540kg) per front corner in weight (this factors in small luggage and driver only). Info fits in well as the weighed car registered heaviest of 468kg so add driver plus some luggage and we are not going to exceed the 540kg per corner load capability of the tires pressured to 35PSI.
    2. - As the new tires are 275/30/20 97 Y, we look at the chart on page 30 of the PDF link above and to support 1190Ibs corner weight we need only 29PSI however I like even numbers so I shoot for 30PSI for the fronts...a drop of 5PSI over OE and in-line with the MPS4S 275/30 97 Y load index rating.
    3. - Applying same principle to the rears sees OE pressures of 29PSI for a 92 Y tire supports 1036Ibs (470kg) per rear corner in weight (this factors in small luggage and driver only). Info fits in well as the weighed car registered heaviest of 287kg so add driver plus some luggage and we are definitely not going to exceed the 470kg per corner load capability of the tires pressured to 29PSI.
    4. - Again, as these new +2 MPS4S tires are 275/30/20 97 Y, we look at the chart on page 30 of the PDF link above and closet we can get to support 1036Ibs is 1047Ibs per corner which means we dropped tire pressures down per corner to 25PSI and keeps us within the OE 6PSI gap between the axles...this is a key point to note.



    Hope the above is helpful / useful for others who make changes to OE tires. Just keep the load index rating the same or higher and ensure you follow up on maintaining OE pressure gaps between the axles. Also correlate the new load settings to your corner weight using one of the Standards charts from the Toyo PDF link shared – the Standards are region specific or in some cases vehicle origin of make specific – i.e. a European built vehicle should imported should use the . ISO Metric (ETRTO) Standards table not the Standards for your region for vehicle built/tested in your region. OE spend an awful lot on R&D for a valid reason...we just ensure we keep that in mind whenever maki8ng changes.
    This is very interesting and I've never seen it explained this clearly and with a chart. So for a 94Y load rating on a coupe I would use 33 Front (and hence) 27 Rear as a factory equivalent for the new tires? Pretty cool.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  37. #197
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    For those that have already installed, was there any issues with getting the alignment back into spec? Or did you need to add aftermarket camber plates?
    Good point raised.

    No issues with getting alignment back to specs. Reason being we keep lowering to a reasonable tolerance thus not beyound -40mm. One of the reasons alignmnet may not get back to stock is if lowering is aggressive thus -50mm or more.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  38. #198
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This is very interesting and I've never seen it explained this clearly and with a chart. So for a 94Y load rating on a coupe I would use 33 Front (and hence) 27 Rear as a factory equivalent for the new tires? Pretty cool.
    Thanks, yours sounds about right as you are not moving too far away from OE load index rating of 92 Y so you are now able to run 2PSI less cold pressure which should help ride comfort and the key point here is that your new tires have the optimum pressures to manage the corner weight. The 2PSI drop should also be maintained when fully laden.

    Glad am sharing info that we take for granted for what we do which is not discussed much on forums in regards to what I consider is an important part of a vehicle...wheels/tires/suspension. Getting to understand these means you are able to make changes with greater confidence. Also means you are safe out on the road on wet or dry tarmac. I read by far too many tire changes without this type of info being shared and felt whilst we are in the window it is worth sharing.

    FWIW, our Dev Coupe with the pressure changes feels great and absorbs road bumps well. Visual inspection does not show tires as under or over inflated. But for me, a +2 on the MK3 or in fact MK2 TT is not a bad thing...no tramline issues even with OE alignment; no rubbing; enhanced comfort and really no downside that we can note...yet...we will monitor in any case as part of our ongoing development.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  39. #199
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This is very interesting and I've never seen it explained this clearly and with a chart. So for a 94Y load rating on a coupe I would use 33 Front (and hence) 27 Rear as a factory equivalent for the new tires? Pretty cool.
    Rapture,
    You have picked this up PDK however allow me to explain how you got to 33 f/ 27 r pressures for others to benefit...

    1) Rapture used this PDF from Toyo tires link as a reference point to correlate tire index loading to tire pressures;

    2) Rapture notes his OE tire has 92 Y loading index rating and, this is important, the tire is Extra Load specs (EL or XL or Reinforced) so this is the reason why Rapture is using page 30 as opposed to page 26 (which will be for standard thus non-reinforced tires);

    3) From info on page 30, simply confirm the weight the OE tire with a loading index of 92 Y and pressured to 35PSI can support and the answer is 1190Ibs for the fronts | for the rear OE tire pressured to 29PSI supports a weight of 1036Ibs.

    4) New tires loading index of 94 Y means the tire needs to be pressured to 33PSI due to the closest weight that can be supported above 1190Ibs being 1224Ibs (always go higher weight whenever there is no direct weight to use) | rears pressures for the new tire with a loading index of 94 Y is 27PSI and weight supported is the required 1036Ibs.

    END
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

  40. #200
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Rapture,
    You have picked this up PDK however allow me to explain how you got to 33 f/ 27 r pressures for others to benefit...

    1) Rapture used this PDF from Toyo tires link as a reference point to correlate tire index loading to tire pressures;

    2) Rapture notes his OE tire has 92 Y loading index rating and, this is important, the tire is Extra Load specs (EL or XL or Reinforced) so this is the reason why Rapture is using page 30 as opposed to page 26 (which will be for standard thus non-reinforced tires);

    3) From info on page 30, simply confirm the weight the OE tire with a loading index of 92 Y and pressured to 35PSI can support and the answer is 1190Ibs for the fronts | for the rear OE tire pressured to 29PSI supports a weight of 1036Ibs.

    4) New tires loading index of 94 Y means the tire needs to be pressured to 33PSI due to the closest weight that can be supported above 1190Ibs being 1224Ibs (always go higher weight whenever there is no direct weight to use) | rears pressures for the new tire with a loading index of 94 Y is 27PSI and weight supported is the required 1036Ibs.

    END
    Thanks, and this is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum, for what you can learn. I would not have known this had I not come across it on this thread and I imagine many others wouldn't either. With changing wheels/tires probably one of the most common things done, it is good to have information like this and use it to both choose the correct products, and develop a baseline for tire pressure, which almost seems like art more than science most of the time.
    Rapture

    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.