Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Hope my deposit comes into play soon; I already have an install appointment set in December!
    Oh boy! As we near closer to December... (sheesh that's only like a week and a half away huh...) I will hopefully have some better news.

Thanks!

AZ Member #

Well, we are fully focused on developing the MK3 TT platform. Finally an opportunity to acquire a MK3 Roadster from Audi UK could not be missed and so we have. This vehicle is interesting because it has passive shocks - the Black Coupe has MagneRide. I will delve a little in to the differences here.

Development is going well - as usual, it is fun and frustration in the mix.

The fun part is that the MK3 platform is fantastic in stock trim. That engine is ballistic and my views has not changed...there is too much power but I like it . DSG behaves different between the two variants...aggressive on the Coupe and more sane on the Roadster.

Exhaust note on the Coupe is getting deeper as we now have 2,000 miles on the clock so I will retract my earlier comment about doing work there...as the Sports exhaust gets mileage it gets louder...really sounds fab on the Coupe.
    Yep, on the Roadster it sounded 'flat' or contrived and not as great still...we now have 724 miles on the clock as of last night from the latest road test so got some more miles to go to get the exhaust bedded-in.

Some tidbits...
    - Roadster sits lower on the front to the eyes than our Coupe in stock trim - perhaps 5mm difference.

- MagneRide helps make ride comfort better.

- Passive felt more assured than MagneRide in the Coupe in Comfort mode...Dynamic mode sharpens MagneRide a little however the passive equipped Roadster was still perceptibly easily 10% better on the same test roads at pace. This is comparing both vehicles in stock trim.

- MK3 Roadster is almost as heavy as our MK2 at 1554kg with 3/4 fuel. Our MK2 Roadster was 1563kg with 1/3 fuel. MK3 20" wheels weighed 23kg...MK2 19" wheels were 26kg from memory.

- We have MSS Track Pack fully adjustable on the Coupe and I am 'OK' with it...few rough edges so production will have some changes to the spring rates to flush these out...

- We have MSS Sports prototype rear only kit mated to OE front springs...nope! We wanted to test this and was always convinced it was not a good idea based on experiences from the MK2 TT platform. The main issue here is the front just feels too stiff and thus you are always fighting the front end in to corners...destabilises rears so I am not 100% confident the front will turn. Turn-in is also lazier relative to the Coupe with our front kit fitted. I just do not like it however I do have to complete another 3-weeks road tests before we swap fronts to our solution. The tests are mainly to ensure we are able to consistently repeat the results driving on same test roads in various tarmac conditions - dry; damp; wet; raining; cold; warm etc. These changing conditions may have effects on tyre (sorry tire) behaviour with the tarmac so always good to get these test done...this is the frustration bit as noted above. Anyway, we will likely not recommend retaining the OE fronts for use with any of our rear kits...just not well integrated and just not right.

- Both vehicles have Pirelli PZero on the 20". We will keep everything stock until after development then we will start modding both vehicles, smartly. Tyres change to Michelin is first on the list.

- We tried Coupe with 4psi all round less than OE recommendation...hmmm, not sure.

- We tried Roadster with 6spi less than OE...nope! Don't even think about it!. Makes the vehicle feel unpredictable so I will say for now keep everything OE, at least when you have 20". The reason we are testing different tyre pressures is mainly to see if the MK3 MQB platform recommending 6PSI higher pressures than the MK2 TT is warranted.. I will say yes, it is warranted and makes the car more responsive. We may try just a 2psi reduction all round to form a view also.

- Both the Coupe and Roadster run reverse rake and that hurts our solution in ride comfort; stability; handling composure so the 5mm rear higher recommendation also applies to this platform.

- Noise...none however do ensure the tools in the trunk are secured. Also secure anything else in the vehicles...these new vehicles have immense amount of power and I can see some high speed usage which simply contributes to cabin being shaken more...so things may get loose over time.

- Check wheel bolts...our Roadster picked up new did not have enough tighten all round once we got it back home and did the usual due diligence checks of bolts; fluid levels etc.

- Virtual cockpit...wow! Nuff said...really very nice and so much easier to use. We have other vehicles in Development with great toys - noticeably the Mercs C-Class has a fabulous reverse camera however that is as far as it goes with the toys compared to the Audis...Audis just seem to do it a little better. BMW Dev cars are mundane in the toys department...however.

END

I got to keep saying this...the level of interest from you guys IN Nth America; UK; Australia is great. Lots of feedback; great ideas being shared and we do take all of these on-board.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by 996CAB; 11-20-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

When does all this awesomeness trickle down to us peasants?
    Rick in a TT

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
    When does all this awesomeness trickle down to us peasants?
    Rick in a TT
    Thanks for the interest Rick, appreciated that.

Excelerate have a shipment in December prior to Christmas which we are confident we can get Audi MK3 TT/TT-S/TT-RS products on also...so the first production units should be with people before end of the year.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

To Excelerate:

When your order comes in early December with the MK3 Sport/Track Adjustable Spring Kits how will notifications be handled? With a limited quantity coming in will you just be emailing those that will be receiving their pre order kits for full payment / shipping info?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    - Noise...none however do ensure the tools in the trunk are secured. Also secure anything else in the vehicles...these new vehicles have immense amount of power and I can see some high speed usage which simply contributes to cabin being shaken more...so things may get loose over time.
    I want to expand on this point because we undertook an unscientific though important test here and it was interesting to note...this is what we did...;

TEST #1 - test driver was not aware
    Purposefully fitted the new taller rear adjuster stem the wrong way round on just one side of the rear and gave the Black MK3 TT-RS Coupe to our test driver - he came back within 30-minute and was able to pinpoint accurately the source and thus subsequently the issue.

TEST #2 - test driver was not aware
    We then corrected the above however, and purposefully, introduced noise to rear driver side (this is a UK RHD vehicle btw) and handed the Black TT-RS Coupe back to the test driver. This time round he only discovered the issue after some 2-weeks attempting to trace the noise. There were times he was convinced the noise was from the rear sway bars; tools in the trunk; parcel shelf; cables under the vehicle. For me, this particular test was fascinating to observe as the source of the noise was something he was unable to pinpoint and instead was convinced the noise was definitely away from the source (keep in mind that we had introduced the noise and purposefully by installing the Black rear springs at the top of the arrangement and used one of our 64mm outside diameter adjuster collar on one side...which was correct...and the other side we used the smaller 60mm outside diameter collar on the adjuster...this is the side that was the source of the tapping/knocking noise).

Anyway, thought I should share this as noise is something we assist diagnose and what I took away from this was that the mind can be fooled. Source of noise did not give itself away easily.
    Last edited by 996CAB; 11-20-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That is tremendous.

Established Member Two Rings seank13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

@996CAB thanks for the updates! I greatly appreciate the thought and detail you go into. Unlike any other company I've seen when talking about R&D. Too cool in my book.

Can't wait for Excelerate to get their shipment, and then ship a kit to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville
    2016 Harley Davidson Sportster

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    To Excelerate:

When your order comes in early December with the MK3 Sport/Track Adjustable Spring Kits how will notifications be handled? With a limited quantity coming in will you just be emailing those that will be receiving their pre order kits for full payment / shipping info?
    Those who pre-ordered will receive an e-mail first letting them know their kit is ready to ship after checking everything in. Then, anyone was on my mailing list that wants a kit that has not reserved a kit will receive an e-mail letting them know that they are available and with a quantity on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seank13 View Post
    @996CAB thanks for the updates! I greatly appreciate the thought and detail you go into. Unlike any other company I've seen when talking about R&D. Too cool in my book.

Can't wait for Excelerate to get their shipment, and then ship a kit to me.

We like the enthusiasm. We chose to work with William because we have a lot in common. Our attention to detail, honesty, and willingness to work with the end user, just to name a few. We have partnered with each other to grow this company in hard to reach areas and believe things are working out as planned. Maybe better? Not sure but we think we are all doing a good job. We really do appreciate the support an interest so far. Cant wait to get these in our hands and onto cars. Might have someone local looking to review a set for us. But nothing set in stone. Anyone in the Northeast interested?

Thanks!

Greg

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    We like the enthusiasm. We chose to work with William because we have a lot in common. Our attention to detail, honesty, and willingness to work with the end user, just to name a few. We have partnered with each other to grow this company in hard to reach areas and believe things are working out as planned. Maybe better? Not sure but we think we are all doing a good job. We really do appreciate the support an interest so far. Cant wait to get these in our hands and onto cars. Might have someone local looking to review a set for us. But nothing set in stone. Anyone in the Northeast interested?

Thanks!

Greg
    I didn't mean to imply any difference between Excelerate and MSS, Greg. I've just never seen another company give updates like 996CAB during R&D. I have been very impressed with your engagement through out the process as well and look forward to working with you on more than a few things very soon.

2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

I didn't mean to imply any difference between Excelerate and MSS, Greg. I've just never seen another company give updates like 996CAB during R&D. I have been very impressed with your engagement through out the process as well and look forward to working with you on more than a few things very soon.

I didn't take it that way! Just adding to the conversation and maybe clarify things for people jumping in mid ship!

William goes above an beyond explaining things so that everyone understands key traits, experiences etc. I've learned a lot from William over the past 2-3 years and the consumer end has definitely seen the benefits to that. My personal experience has only come from opportunity, but I glad we can share it!

We look forward to working with your soon as well. Very excited to see how this kit works out for you.

Cheers!

AZ Member #

Off camber transition

Thanks gents for the kind words all round.

I want to share a little about a trait on the MK3 in stock trim and with our test products fitted which we simply did not experience on the MK2 and I will say the 20" that ships with the MK3 may be the main culprit.

OFF CAMBER TRANSITION
    The speed of transition between the left and right side specifically on the rear axle on off camber road is so much quicker than the MK2 TT...almost feels as though the OE TOE settings are not right or the OE sway bar is just too stiff...there is just too much sudden left | right transition experienced in stock trim with MagneRide and with the passive shocks setup.

The transition is real; undesired; feels like there is too much tyre pressure. Unfortunately we do not have access to 19" wheel/tyre combo to test so cannot comment as to whether this issue is solely down to the 20" wheels.

The tyre pressure changes noted in my feedback above was to evaluate if the trait was reduced and it was however we then had a different issue which was not desired also. We are keen to get to the bottom of this...I just do not like it. Again, keep in mind this is apparent on the stock Coupe (with MagneRide) and stock Roadster (with passive dampers).

If you are able to feedback here whether you are also experiencing this specific issue, I will be grateful for the info. I just want to be sure we have not randomly purchased two new vehicles exhibiting this issue.

Again, the issue is very pronounced and in particular noticeable on uneven roads where the left to right motion (not sideways / vertical movement) is exaggerated. If this is a common issue then we would like to find a resolution whilst we are in development.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified

Again, the issue is very pronounced and in particular noticeable on uneven roads where the left to right motion (not sideways / vertical movement) is exaggerated. If this is a common issue then we would like to find a resolution whilst we are in development.
    Very Interesting, I swapped to a 19” tire/wheel combo very shortly after purchase and to this point I have not experienced the condition you posted above. That said I have not tracked this car yet (mag ride) but have had the car through some windy back roads which may or may not have replicated your track conditions...paying attention and very interested to see what others have experienced.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

any update on timeline for shipment from excelerate?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    any update on timeline for shipment from excelerate?
    Thanks for the interest, very much appreciated.

Assuming test fit next week goes well with the first production kits that lands from the factory, we are days away from release and shipping to our partners rather than weeks away.

Kit is great in Track Pack and Sports variant - I like it now...vehicle is behaving as I know it can in dry and wet tarmac use and at pace.

Issue reported above is now resolved and handling nicely. On the issue, I put this down to a combination of the 20" + Pirelli and stock / our springs not settling enough. Allow either some miles (500 miles in fact) to get springs to settle and that side-to-side feeling is no more.

Track Pack is firm however as with the MK2, Sports is the nicer riding kit thus allows for greater ride comfort and still capable at putting power to tarmac. Power still feels a touch too much with Sports kit though 'just' adequate with Track Pack.

I can also reveal that you can go with Sports rear kit only plus OE fronts with no issues - simply adjust up to sit 10mm higher than OE front springs or adjust to sit at 370mm when measured from fender edge to wheel hub centre at point of install and the rears will settle back down naturally as the miles are put on new springs.

At this stage I will not recommend OE fronts with Track Pack rear kit...too compromised and if you care much about vehicle dynamics then we certainly do not want our stiffer Track Pack rear kits mated to the stiff OE front springs...vehicle may likely perform like a bungee...!

For now, enjoy the Roadster...it is getting miles on and quickly...we are at 1300 miles.

We shall see what people think when these kits land - as soon as test fit is as expected kits will ship.

AZ Member #

Woohoo! Thanks for the update, William.
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Getting pumped. Don’t forget me Greg

AZ Member #

Off with Pzero | MPS4S incoming | Rear brake kit upgrade

OK, had enough of the Pirelli PZero that came with the cars. We have ordered MPS4S (we expect most to look at these anyhow) to fit to the Coupe however leave the Roadster on PZero for now.

Now with the MPS4S, we have gone 275 / 30 /20...according to various tire calculators this will add 6mm to overall circumference so am expecting that to equate to improvements in ride comfort and stiffer side wall - tests will reveal what actual benefits we get.

We use Racelogic test equipments (pretty cool piece of kits - thanks to Tech Director, Kevin@Racelohgic!, on new kit being built for us) which allows us to get a better before and after view in controlled test environment...so I will share what info/data I can post tests as well as any cabin noise decibel difference we can measure between the PZero and MPS4S.

Another change necessary especially if braking hard from high speed and stability, as we found, is an issue then we have opted to upgrade the OE rear rotors to something meaty thus a 356mm rotor from Audi A7/A8 platform. We have got a set for each vehicle however fitment will be one per time to undertake some back-to-back brake testing to see if we can improve rear stability.

We will likely start with a more aggressive pad like CarboTech XP10 on the OE rear rotors then upgrade to 356mm rotors though with OE pads; then later upgrade pad to the XP10. This will be a gradual process so plenty of time to truly share any real life benefits.

Things are getting interesting for sure...

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

OK, had enough of the Pirelli PZero that came with the cars. We have ordered MPS4S (we expect most to look at these anyhow) to fit to the Coupe however leave the Roadster on PZero for now.

Now with the MPS4S, we have gone 275 / 30 /20...according to various tire calculators this will add 6mm to overall circumference so am expecting that to equate to improvements in ride comfort and stiffer side wall - tests will reveal what actual benefits we get.

We use Racelogic test equipments (pretty cool piece of kits - thanks to Tech Director, Kevin@Racelohgic!, on new kit being built for us) which allows us to get a better before and after view in controlled test environment...so I will share what info/data I can post tests as well as any cabin noise decibel difference we can measure between the PZero and MPS4S.

Another change necessary especially if braking hard from high speed and stability, as we found, is an issue then we have opted to upgrade the OE rear rotors to something meaty thus a 356mm rotor from Audi A7/A8 platform. We have got a set for each vehicle however fitment will be one per time to undertake some back-to-back brake testing to see if we can improve rear stability.

We will likely start with a more aggressive pad like CarboTech XP10 on the OE rear rotors then upgrade to 356mm rotors though with OE pads; then later upgrade pad to the XP10. This will be a gradual process so plenty of time to truly share any real life benefits.

That's a really wide tire on a 9" wheel. I swapped to 19" wheels and run 255/35R19 PS4S after pulling off the stock 20" wheels, which were also quite heavy at just over 27lbs (new wheels are just under 21lbs). You may want to consider changing wheels if you're looking for better handling, that tire is probably going to have a squishy turn in.

On the braking front, what pads are you going with on the front? It's hard hunting down pads that fit currently, even thought it's the same 8 piston Brembo caliper from the Lamborghini Gallardo. Just watch the plug if not shorting it, it's male on the oem pads for the sensor, vs the typical Audi female. Presumably you'll want to go with something else up front?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified

Really enjoying the play by play during your development trials, please keep this going after the release...I know I’ll continue following even after I receive and install my kit. I am starting to rethink my initial decision to purchase the full adj sport kit, maybe I’d be happier with the track kit???

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    That's a really wide tire on a 9" wheel. I swapped to 19" wheels and run 255/35R19 PS4S after pulling off the stock 20" wheels, which were also quite heavy at just over 27lbs (new wheels are just under 21lbs). You may want to consider changing wheels if you're looking for better handling, that tire is probably going to have a squishy turn in.

On the braking front, what pads are you going with on the front? It's hard hunting down pads that fit currently, even thought it's the same 8 piston Brembo caliper from the Lamborghini Gallardo. Just watch the plug if not shorting it, it's male on the oem pads for the sensor, vs the typical Audi female. Presumably you'll want to go with something else up front?
    Indeed it may be a risk, now is the time to flush these out as we are in development so these tastings helps establish facts. Am also curious to see how well we could get the 20” to perform...yes, 19” or smaller will aid with handling however let us see what we can accomplish with the compromise as we have with the current setup. I also know people may want to explore various options...besides going 275/30 on the MK2 with 19” was not comfy however over time things have settled...by dropping 2PSI (cold) on the front to 30PSI and leaving the rears at OE tire pressure recommendation of 26PSI (this is a UK spec car btw). Handling fine, steering could do with more work...feels OK though not as assured as the 255 tires.

A +2 on these 20” is just something we must feel/understand/learn...my money is on the MPS4S being an improvement on the Pirelli PZero. We shall know soon enough...tires will go on next week on the Coupe...to continue testing with the front springs.

On pads, we will leave the fronts as OE for street use. For track we will likely go something with progressive character...it would likely be something from ENDLESS and not too aggressive...ME22 fits the bill here - as to whether these will be available for the OE callipers is something we will look in to.

Noted on the plug...luv it when people put the time in to finding little nuggets that could save us all the bother so thanks for this.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
    Really enjoying the play by play during your development trials, please keep this going after the release...I know I’ll continue following even after I receive and install my kit. I am starting to rethink my initial decision to purchase the full adj sport kit, maybe I’d be happier with the track kit???
    Thanks for the kind words, next year will be hectic for us, we plan to develop kits for 15 vehicles...however I will share as much as I can...this is not work, this is fun.

On the MR equipped Coupe, Track Pack is firm...if you daily the car then I would look at Sports...but then again you could easily step down to a 19", gain extra tire section from the sidewall and be happy with Track Pack.

Also, am hoping, actually expecting, the Michelin to ride better than the Pirelli that came with eth cars...am not sure what tires comes with the NA cars however I would say Track Pack is stiff...might be me though and at 47, my back is not as robust as it once was...lumber support on the car is used 100% but then again our B-roads are unforgiving...seemingly none of the Local Councils like to maintain them so they can be a little rough riding.

Lake can chime in as he has had the kit for a while now.

AZ Member #

More thoughts on MK2 TT-RS vs. MK3 TT-RS

INTERIOR / SEAT:
    MK3 interior is plush, no doubt, however the thing for me about the MK2 is that the layout is pleasant...sure it lacks the toys and now looks aged however I find the interior functional/businesslike. I have bucket seats so things look very nice and my seating positing is upright...kinda 85 degrees...make that 85.999999 degrees ;)
    One thing I really like about the MK3 is the lumber support which seems to be speed dependent / dynamic in operation...it adjusts on the fly depending on speed of the vehicle. Also disengages when the car comes to a stop...I like that.

However, the one and only thing I noticed and don’t like is the seat height...in the MK3 I sit higher even at the lowest settings (seats are fully electronic on the Roadster and electric height adjustable only on the Coupe). I wish the MK3 seats could go lower by 3 clicks minimum...five would be preferred. The down sight for me is that I am unable to sit as low as I can in the MK2 Roadster bucket seats...the difference here is that the car does not feel fully underneath me...and instead feels like am sat ‘on top’ rather than ‘held inside’.

Why does this matter? Well, when moving at pace on a twisty B-road, I struggle to ‘dance’ with the car and instead find am applying more throttle to get that rear moving around sensation. It is a real shame that the damn Audi Super Sports seats cannot lower further. We will look in to this to see what we can do about getting the seats to go lower...another 25mm lower would be much welcomed...honestly, it really makes a huge difference for getting in to ‘the groove’ when testing early hours (I mean, 4am stint etc). In my Mk2, I feel cosseted suck that low down and I can really get a great feel for the car that way.

Anyway, that is one gripe thus far.

NEW DISCOVERIES
    - I only realised a couple of days ago that the keyless entry system can also be locked from the door handle by pressing on the indented part on the handle...found that by mistake when I shut the door and hold that part of the handle to check only to hear the doors lock and red alarm LED flashing by the driver door...pretty cool that because up to now I kept taking the keys out of my pocket to lock the car after shutting the doors – well done William, and welcome to the 21st Century!

- Matrix headlight, I continue to be impressed by this marvellous option. When speed drops to below 30-mph and you are in a built up area with street lightning the system reverts to normal driving lights. This is especially useful during testing late at night/early morning going from one village to the next.

- If however your speed drops to 30MPH and there is no street lightning the system continues to operate the high beam...certainly intelligent because some of our test roads are narrow unlit country lanes and on tight bends speeds do drop below 30MPH.
    Last edited by 996CAB; 12-11-2017 at 10:45 AM.

AZ Member #

I only realised a couple of days ago that the keyless entry system can also be locked form the door handle by pressing on the indented part on the handle...found that by mistake when I shut the door and hold that part of the handle to check only to hear the doors lock and red alarm LED flashing by the driver door...pretty cool that because up to now I kept taking the keys out of my pocket to lock the car after shutting the doors – well done William, and welcome to the 21st Century!
    That would be why it's called KEYLESS!
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    That would be why it's called KEYLESS!
    Now you tell me...!

Back from another early morning road testing this time as temps had dropped below zero (I know it's not true 0 degrees and that is some 270+ centigrade) however we jump at the chance to get on the road when weather conditions are not perfect. These chassis tuning is best being done in as many varied conditions mainly to gain valuable experience and gather subjectice/objective feedback.

I personally enjoy these tests mosts - if the setup is not ideal. ..you certainly get to find out soon enough. This test went well. ..repeated high speed braking on frosted roads did not throw up any dramas...so another criteria tested during this 2.5hr outing.

We may get snow in a few days here in the UK. ..can you guess what both of our MK3 TT-RS Dev cars will be doing...no, not tucked away in a warm garage, that is for sure!

AZ Member #

We may get snow in a few days here in the UK. ..can you guess what both of our MK3 TT-RS Dev cars will be doing...no, not tucked away in a warm garage, that is for sure!
    This makes me ridiculously, maybe irrationally, happy. Thanks for all the continued updates, and the REAL real world testing!
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

This makes me ridiculously, maybe irrationally, happy. Thanks for all the continued updates, and the REAL real world testing!
    This is rather important. Modeling and engineering can make all the sense on paper, but the real world doesn't always translate. I am a learn by doing type, making a product as close to perfect as possible can only be done by measuring and cutting once. Not the other way around. We appreciate this stuff. We just got some snow this weekend, wish I had a MK3 TTRS with MSS to scoot around in ;)

Thanks William for staying on top of this. There are a lot of people waiting for this. Lake, I am very curious to hear your input on US based testing.

AZ Member #

Thanks for reading and the pix below at the weekend when only -2.5 Degrees Celcius...felt colder though!

Now waiting for the snow as we have missed out so far whilst rest of the UK have had plenty. Hoping it snows so that we can get to see the latest Haldex in action.

AZ Member #

Thanks for reading and the pix below at the weekend when only -2.5 Degrees Celsius...felt colder though!

Now waiting for the snow as we have missed out so far whilst rest of the UK have had plenty. Hoping it snows so that we can get to see the latest Haldex in action.
    No snow here yet so moving on with product release as we have tested in as many varied scenarios as available to us during development - traffic; motorways; A-roads; B-roads in dry and wet/frosted tarmacs...high speeds; low speeds; velvet smooth tarmac; rough/busy/nose-to-tail potholed London streets (you know the ones...taking avoiding actions; watch out for the motorist; cyclist; pedestrian running for the bus; bus driving pulling out unexpectedly; taxi drivers being...erm...themselves - stop; start; turn without indication etc; other road users generally driving as if there were the only ones on the small piece of tarmac we must all SHARE!); high speed to standstill braking (wet and dry) as might be necessary in an emergency in avoidance...simply put, we have used the vehicle with the product fitted the way it may well be used in real world scenarios; round the clock (morning; afternoon; evening; night time) and the vehicle is assured...dare I say it, a little bit more power now won't hurt...just another 100BHP or so would be fine IMHO.

So there is much areas to touch on however am short of time this Sunday morning and will pick up some of the areas in detail over the coming days/weeks...don't worry, the William 'War & Peace' is not dead just yet !!!

We start with the obvious question...how is the looks...you can be the judge...

-fronts are at lowest point of -30mm and sits with tire just tucked in form point of install...this will settle even lower so the case for a track front may be negated...we shall see how things develop.

-rears are 5mm higher however on this occasion we have allowed for plenty of future adjustment and so there is scope to go even lower on the rears ONLY (up to -40mm (+/-3mm and weight dependent as always);

- turn-in is tremendous, really! no need to want more TOE OUT or aggressive Camber...effortless ability to place the front axle where you need is confidence inspiring and also great for avoiding obstacles that appear suddenly;

- comfort is not an area I would have much complaints in stock trim to be fair until the roads get really rougher however again we have worked to smooth out the bumps...sure, it is not a Rolls Royce or Cadillac however a pleasant place to be on rougher roads. On smooth tarmac it is nice. In cabin road noise I measured before on a variety of roads was an average 74dB heist was 78dB and lowest was 69dB...not absolute however I will measure again to see if going that lower adds to road noise or otherwise when compared to stock. To my ears I think it does add something however let us do some before and after tests over the coming months and feedback. Naturally we will test when at lowest point and when put back to Stock height;

The front to rear axle 5mm positive rack advisory still stands as with all our solution

Speed uptake is effortless now and the rear stays up longer enough to allow the power to be put down. That bogged down we got in stock trim is certainly reduced markedly with the Sports Kit and almost eradicated with the Track Pack Kit...would likely need 'LS' kit to stop that entirely. But for now it is not an issue unlike in stock trim for us.

Tire pressures on the stock Pzero is lose quickly when the vehicle suits around in these cold tamps for a couple of days...front went from 38PSI recommended down to 34PSI and rears went from 32PSI recommend to 29PSI. Both sides were the same.. The negative effects here is ride gets bumpy as there simply is no absorption from the tire sidewalls on these 30 section tires anyhow. So do keep an eye on tire pressures especially where you are in a colder climate and the vehicle is left standing for a few days per time. The Michelin on our other vehicles do not suffer this issue...so it may just be the particular Pirelli specced RO1 tyres.

For now, I will have to leave you with just the above and thanks for reading.