Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 960 of 4642
  1. #921
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    390285
    Location
    Tampa

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Got my production date! Car is to be built June 9, and ETA in SoCal from July 17-Aug 14.

    (Mine is an AudiSport dealer, FWIW.)
    Congrats! I think you're the 1st person from US to get a delivery date on here. I wonder if that means allocations for US are being rolled out.

  2. #922
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2010
    AZ Member #
    55858
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Q5
    Location
    Central New York

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Got my production date! Car is to be built June 9, and ETA in SoCal from July 17-Aug 14.
    Is yours a 2018?

  3. #923
    Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13 2011
    AZ Member #
    75420
    My Garage
    2015 F30
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Items for Sale

    Congrats!

    from my HTC 10

    | Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

    2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

    operation #savejauri, please send monies

    RIP Daz

  4. #924
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Got my production date! Car is to be built June 9, and ETA in SoCal from July 17-Aug 14.

    (Mine is an AudiSport dealer, FWIW.)
    Lol. Nice. Word on pricing?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #925
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDice View Post
    Is yours a 2018?
    Yep!
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  6. #926
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    Lol. Nice. Word on pricing?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, still shows at $0.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  7. #927
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    No, still shows at $0.
    Ha! That's kinda back-asswards, but you know (and they know), that whatever it turns out to be, we have a good enough idea that we'll pay it! Congrats, dude!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #928
    Veteran Member Four Rings jl87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2010
    AZ Member #
    61865
    Location
    IA/IL

    Nice. My dealers allocations were "taken" long before I got there. They had 5 allocations and have 7 in line...guess I may have to look elsewhere.

  9. #929
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    393375
    Location
    Philly, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    Got an answer from AoA on the RS Design Package and its impact on the leather door handles and kneepads:
    Here is a good video that clearly shows what the interior will look like with carbon fiber inlays but no RS Design package. Skip to 1:45 to see the interior.


  10. #930
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    Here is a good video that clearly shows what the interior will look like with carbon fiber inlays but no RS Design package. Skip to 1:45 to see the interior.

    Yeah, the difference between the NYIAS car and the car shown on the AoA site is what caused the confusion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #931
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    393375
    Location
    Philly, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    Got an answer from AoA on the RS Design Package and its impact on the leather door handles and kneepads:
    Interesting update as I thought the seatbelts would be full red like they come in the new RS7. Red stitching certainly is better than full red. I don't love the red rings around the vents though, that's the biggest drawback for me with this package. I wonder what this package will end up costing? It's the only thing I'm on the fence with still for my order.

  12. #932
    Senior Member Four Rings HBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2015
    AZ Member #
    343259
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    Interesting update as I thought the seatbelts would be full red like they come in the new RS7. Red stitching certainly is better than full red. I don't love the red rings around the vents though, that's the biggest drawback for me with this package. I wonder what this package will end up costing? It's the only thing I'm on the fence with still for my order.
    Agreed. I think the red rings are tacky. Maybe you could pop out all your S3 vents and swap them when you pick up the RS3


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  13. #933
    Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2012
    AZ Member #
    99312
    Location
    Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    Interesting update as I thought the seatbelts would be full red like they come in the new RS7. Red stitching certainly is better than full red. I don't love the red rings around the vents though, that's the biggest drawback for me with this package. I wonder what this package will end up costing? It's the only thing I'm on the fence with still for my order.
    Me too. Depending on cost, I will either add the RS package, change the stitching to red, and replace the red vents for regular ones; or leave the gray stitching, and add the knee pads and door handles.
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

  14. #934
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by HBird View Post
    Agreed. I think the red rings are tacky. Maybe you could pop out all your S3 vents and swap them when you pick up the RS3


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    This...x4:




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #935
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2010
    AZ Member #
    55858
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Q5
    Location
    Central New York

    The red rings do not bother me as much as many of you. I am willing to trade the sunroof for the rings. The sunroof does nothing for me except for reducing headroom and adding weight. I think the majority of us would rather have extended leather over the sunroof.

  16. #936
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDice View Post
    The red rings do not bother me as much as many of you. I am willing to trade the sunroof for the rings. The sunroof does nothing for me except for reducing headroom and adding weight. I think the majority of us would rather have extended leather over the sunroof.
    Yeah, but one of those things is fixable w/ $700 and a screw driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #937
    Senior Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 27 2012
    AZ Member #
    92621
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp
    Location
    Boston MA USA

    Have there been any photos of the analogue dash?
    2017 RS3

  18. #938
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 13 2016
    AZ Member #
    376273
    My Garage
    2015 BMW M3
    Location
    Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by WAF View Post
    I used to have an old AMG 190e w201 and i'm having a hard time believing this 2.0 AMG is a true AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by S4 00 2.7 View Post
    exactly what I am talking about
    Y'all can knock it all you want, but it follows the AMG mantra and is an impressive piece of kit, despite being a transverse 4-banger. It had the most HP per liter of any production car ever when it was introduced. I wouldn't take it over a C63S, but still.

  19. #939
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    No, still shows at $0.
    What was your comm #?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #940
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    I sent him a follow up asking him to confirm that they'd fit and could be installed as a dealer option. I'll let you know what he says.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the follow-up reply:

    You are also correct in that you cannot order the car stock with leather on the door handle and kneepads. For your follow-up questions, I would direct you to your local Audi dealerships parts department, as they would be in the best position to advise if the mentioned part numbers you provided could be compatible with the upcoming 2018 Audi RS 3. Our service and parts department personnel are the technical experts on our vehicles and would be in the best position to assist you. However, after reviewing the information you provided, it does appear that our parts website is advising that these parts are only compatible with 2015 and 2016 versions of the Audi A3 family.
    I'll take that as a maybe.

  21. #941
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    What was your comm #?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Low 7200s.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  22. #942
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Low 7200s.
    What was the letter before the 7? I honestly don't think they're fulfilling these sequentially (if they were, it would be difficult to give the dealer preferences they want to give, like to Audi Sport dealers), but that's the working theory in here, and apparently the letters are part of the sequence. Thanks, dude! So jealous.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #943
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    393375
    Location
    Philly, PA

    My dealer just called me that he has official word on the 2017s. They are coming pre-configured as we knew but will only come in blue and silver. Delivery is end of May or early June. I'm holding out for a 2018.

  24. #944
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    What was the letter before the 7? I honestly don't think they're fulfilling these sequentially (if they were, it would be difficult to give the dealer preferences they want to give, like to Audi Sport dealers), but that's the working theory in here, and apparently the letters are part of the sequence. Thanks, dude! So jealous.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NP
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  25. #945
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    NP
    Okay, we can put that sequential rumor to bed, then (there are others in this thread and other forums with much "lower" numbers than NP72XX who haven't gotten allocations yet). Thanks for being Patient Zero, John!!

  26. #946
    Senior Member Three Rings thebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    116402
    Location
    Boston, MA

    I am also NP but in the 4300s, sent dealer an email for status.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '18 RS 3 - Gretchen build thread
    '16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

  27. #947
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2010
    AZ Member #
    55858
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Q5
    Location
    Central New York

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    My dealer just called me that he has official word on the 2017s. They are coming pre-configured as we knew but will only come in blue and silver. Delivery is end of May or early June. I'm holding out for a 2018.
    Is that "Ara Blue with Aluminum look" or actually two body colors choices (Ara Blue and Florett Silver)?

  28. #948
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    393375
    Location
    Philly, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDice View Post
    Is that "Ara Blue with Aluminum look" or actually two body colors choices (Ara Blue and Florett Silver)?
    I understood it to be two color options, Ara and Florett , which sort of makes sense and they are the two colors that you don't really need black optics for which you can't get on the 2017s.

  29. #949
    Senior Member Three Rings thebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    116402
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Quote Originally Posted by thebc View Post
    I am also NP but in the 4300s, sent dealer an email for status.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still no updates on my order, dealer sent an updated print screen. Yes I did change my color, and yes I realize my comm. # is posted (not really concerned).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '18 RS 3 - Gretchen build thread
    '16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

  30. #950
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
    Y'all can knock it all you want, but it follows the AMG mantra and is an impressive piece of kit, despite being a transverse 4-banger. It had the most HP per liter of any production car ever when it was introduced. I wouldn't take it over a C63S, but still.
    not sure how you can compare it to a C63S? either way i stand by my opinion.
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  31. #951
    Active Member Two Rings Ares3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    397637
    My Garage
    2017 Audi Q7, 1982 Lancia Zagato.
    Location
    DC / OH

    Got my Comm Number just yesterday. Seen a lot of you guys post numbers starting with NP, does anyone else have one starting with NT?
    I am NT but under 2000. No pricing or ETA for delivery at this time.

  32. #952
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    398141
    Location
    Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ares3 View Post
    Got my Comm Number just yesterday. Seen a lot of you guys post numbers starting with NP, does anyone else have one starting with NT?
    I am NT but under 2000. No pricing or ETA for delivery at this time.
    Best I can guess for the Comm # system is that it's either global, or by country, and it goes between all models:
    NS9999 -> NT0001 -> NT0002 ..... NZ9999 -> OA0001

    I have NS77xx and I just placed it Tuesday.

  33. #953
    Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2012
    AZ Member #
    99312
    Location
    Atlanta

    Mine is a NR placed on April 14th.
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

  34. #954
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    396000
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI

    You guys are probably right in terms of how they're sequenced. I don't get the sense that allocations are being assigned sequentially, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #955
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    After seeing some members post about a July release I figured id check my order slip. When i placed it i just figured August would be the arrival date so i tried to no think about the wait time....... tough to do after this thread.

    Factory Submitted: 03/21/2017

    Assigned Port: Halifax, NS

    Production Completed: 06/12/2017 (ETA)

    Ship Departure: 06/30/2017 (ETA)

    Domestic Port Arrived: 07/17/2017 (ETA)

    But then it needs to be shipped from the coast to here, so i'm assuming beginning of August would be when i actually get the car, or am i not reading this correctly?
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  36. #956
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    398141
    Location
    Cleveland

    May, June, most of July.... f*ck that's too many days.
    I am not a patient person.

  37. #957
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    377357
    Location
    Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    My dealer just called me that he has official word on the 2017s. They are coming pre-configured as we knew but will only come in blue and silver. Delivery is end of May or early June. I'm holding out for a 2018.
    That's weird my dealer is getting a 2017 Catalunya Red RS3

  38. #958
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    393375
    Location
    Philly, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by fast16 View Post
    That's weird my dealer is getting a 2017 Catalunya Red RS3
    Maybe it's just my dealer is getting silver and blue. My dealer is a Magna dealer and Audi sport certified, so perhaps they are getting 2 2017 cars.

  39. #959
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    377357
    Location
    Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco20v View Post
    Maybe it's just my dealer is getting silver and blue. My dealer is a Magna dealer and Audi sport certified, so perhaps they are getting 2 2017 cars.
    Yep same here, Magna and Audi sport dealership.

  40. #960
    Established Member Two Rings FBO 335i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    103700
    Location
    Seattle
    Items for Sale

    mine is NR, order was placed on 4/15, can't wait!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.