Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,200 of 4642
    Veteran Member Four Rings crazytex21's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just drove an RS3... suck me sideways, it's awesome. mine needs to hurry up and get here.
    tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    16 Lava Orange GT3 RS, 18 Nardo Grey RS3, 17 Panda Macan GTS, 91 C2 964, 16 F150 Lariat, 63 Impala

Mine just showed up today. Original delivery date of August 9th so not far off.
    I hope to have the car dropped off tonight... couple pics on @tonymission IG from a dealer rep.

AZ Member #

Probably been asked already, but what is the purpose of the two holes to the immediate sides of the main grille and the two outer "fangs"?

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HBird View Post
    Probably been asked already, but what is the purpose of the two holes to the immediate sides of the main grille and the two outer "fangs"?
    Cool answer: directed air intake and downforce.

Uncool answer: aesthetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

I got one. On the floor of the glove box, there's a little plastic picked that looks like a clip of some sort. What is it for?

Established Member Two Rings Morbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    987.2 - the last of the hydraulic steer NA flat 6s.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    I got one. On the floor of the glove box, there's a little plastic picked that looks like a clip of some sort. What is it for?

Clip a pen in there
    "The automobile is still a heap of mechanical components, and should feel like such, not like a smartphone on wheels" - Andreas Preuninger

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Clip a pen in there
    Is that really what it's for?!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drof View Post
    I picked up the first TTRS from Scottsdale! Message me when you guys are having a get together
    You picked up the White with Black Optics? Do you daily drive it? Im torn between the TTRS and the RS3, I think I want to daily drive the car that I get but not sure if the TTRS would be good for my commute of 25 miles one way everyday.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

this is probably answered, is the rs3 fenders wider then the s3, if so by how much front and rear, thanks

Senior Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Clip a pen in there
    Or a tire pressure gauge!
    2017 RS3

AZ Member #

Cool answer: directed air intake and downforce.

Uncool answer: aesthetics

I'd assume the same, but are the outers ducted for brake cooling (would be cool) and the inners just to the radiator?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Here is another quick tip for RS3 owners new to Audi (like me). Somewhere in your new car materials, you should find a plastic, U-shaped tool with small "fangs" facing inwards towards the ends of the straight parts of the U. Don't misplace this.

It is the tool used to remove the silly plastic caps on the wheel lug nuts. Mine now lives in my glove box.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HBird View Post
    I'd assume the same, but are the outers ducted for brake cooling (would be cool) and the inners just to the radiator?
    More than likely the ducts are purely aesthetic. There are no aero treatments on the front end to produce downforce, or really even reduce lift. If anything the shape of the front chin spoiler is actually creating lift.

Based on the pic from APR, it looks like the front end is similar to the S3, ie no brake cooling and an emphasis on extra radiators.

Unbeknowst to Speed, Racer-X is actually his older brother who ran away from home years ago...

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
    Here is another quick tip for RS3 owners new to Audi (like me). Somewhere in your new car materials, you should find a plastic, U-shaped tool with small "fangs" facing inwards towards the ends of the straight parts of the U. Don't misplace this.

It is the tool used to remove the silly plastic caps on the wheel lug nuts. Mine now lives in my glove box.
    And where was this at? I will have to search mine now.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by J_3_f_f View Post
    And where was this at? I will have to search mine now.

Ditto.

Active Member Two Rings meticulist's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ditto.

mine was in the trunk compartment with the "flat repair kit" in one of the little compartments in the foam block just kind of floating in there. Would have thought there would have been a specific slot for it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post

Ha, + 1. Almost threw it away, was just lying in the empty plastic bin in the trunk. I used some tape and taped it down to an empty spot next to the Jack underneath the trunk liner

here is a picture:
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10D6EN...Cap-font-b.jpg
    "The automobile is still a heap of mechanical components, and should feel like such, not like a smartphone on wheels" - Andreas Preuninger

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018_RS3_Cat_Red_and_2014_S7

Quote Originally Posted by meticulist View Post
    mine was in the trunk compartment with the "flat repair kit" in one of the little compartments in the foam block just kind of floating in there. Would have thought there would have been a specific slot for it.
    On my 2010 S5, that lug cap puller tool is designed to clip over the handle of the lug wrench in the foam block... will it fit on the lug wrench in the RS3? (I can't check yet, my RS3 arrives next week)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm glad I came across this piece of valuable information. Will look for my cap puller tomorrow.

AZ Member #

Sure enough. It's just sitting there in that tray on the left side of the trunk. In my glove box now, but damn.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by zarraz View Post
    this is probably answered, is the rs3 fenders wider then the s3, if so by how much front and rear, thanks
    anyone

AZ Member #

anyone
    Yes. Not much.

Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What is the small black plastic tab behind the rear wheel fender for?
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasoso View Post
    What is the small black plastic tab behind the rear wheel fender for?
    I think that's supposed to be a mud flap.

AZ Member #

I think that's supposed to be a mud flap.

Maybe it prevents debris from being thrown into the seam between the fender and bumper, since it straddles the gap. It does look a little odd.

Veteran Member Three Rings GT-R & S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Nissan GT-R Premium, with Semi-Aniline Red Leather Interior

How is the performance of the new RS3 compared to a Stage II B8.5 S4? Or for that matter compared to the TT RS? My (formerly owned) '15 S4 was pretty darned quick with the Stage II pulley/engine/DSG tune, intakes, resonated downpipes, and Touring exhaust.
    '15 S4 Prestige Sepang Blue/Nogaro Blue Interior, Stage 2 Pulley/Engine/DSG
    AWE Touring exhaust, resonated DPs, USP intakes
    '14 GT-R // '08 Pontiac G8 GT (Holden Commodore SSV clone
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon // '09 GT-R
    '12 Mitsubishi EVO MR // '07 BMW M6 Coupe
    '09 Cadillac CTS-V // '05 Audi S4
    '06 Infiniti M35 Sport // '04 Subaru STi
    '02 Subaru WRX // TWO '91 GMC Syclones
    '86 Buick Grand National

Active Member Two Rings riko77can's Avatar
    AZ Member #

anyone
    From the press release:. "Compared with an A3, the front track of the RS 3 sedan is wider by 20 millimeters (0.8 in) the front wheel arches are accordingly wider flared as well. At the rear axle, the wheels are spaced 14 millimeters (0.6 in) further apart compared with the basic model"

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GT-R & S4 View Post
    How is the performance of the new RS3 compared to a Stage II B8.5 S4? Or for that matter compared to the TT RS? My (formerly owned) '15 S4 was pretty darned quick with the Stage II pulley/engine/DSG tune, intakes, resonated downpipes, and Touring exhaust.
    Over on Audiworld, someone posted multiple time slips showing consistent 11.8 @ 116 MPH 1/4 mile runs. The poster claimed he had only 750 miles on the clock at the time of these runs and it was totally stock.

Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by keninblaine View Post
    Maybe it prevents debris from being thrown into the seam between the fender and bumper, since it straddles the gap. It does look a little odd.
    That was my thought, but my S4 or any other Audi that I've had, didn't have it. Puzzling, and it does look odd.
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3, 2016 BMW M235i

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Good news! I stopped by my dealer today (Newport Beach Audi), and Sasha my sales guy let me test fit an A3 quattro trunk mat in my RS3. Perfect fit. Cross one unknown off your list. Why Audi can't confirm this info by phone to AudiUSA or through dealer parts counters is beyond me. Weathertech ordered.
    Thanks for checking and posting this. I contacted WeatherTech and they were not sure.

Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasoso View Post
    That was my thought, but my S4 or any other Audi that I've had, didn't have it. Puzzling, and it does look odd.
    Several Mercedes have had it--AMG SLK is one I can think of.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Established Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question for you owners; Germans are known for their precision, fit and finish. I'm surprised on my RS that the drivers aluminum door handle sits non flush: while all three others do... anyone else? Or is this something that needs attention?

Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernaut05 View Post
    Question for you owners; Germans are known for their precision, fit and finish. I'm surprised on my RS that the drivers aluminum door handle sits non flush: while all three others do... anyone else? Or is this something that needs attention?

Haven't noticed. Pictures?
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernaut05 View Post

Everything is as precise as I would expect. I have one slight problem with the passenger door handle, but otherwise, pretty near perfect.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm not a big music person but I would like to get a few songs. Can anyone give me a common place/method to get MP3s that I can put on an SD card for the RS3?
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nesbit View Post
    I'm not a big music person but I would like to get a few songs. Can anyone give me a common place/method to get MP3s that I can put on an SD card for the RS3?
    Press Drive Select button until Dynamic shows up, pull shifter into S, roll down windows.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Press Drive Select button until Dynamic shows up, pull shifter into S, roll down windows.

/End thread LOL

The guy who invented wheel shine goop deserves explosive diarrhea. Stupid dealer put oil based wheel shine all over my tires, and now all that disgusting goop is all over the doors. Had to wash the car today to remove all that black gunk. Do guys who detail cars not drive over 25mph? Anyone that enjoys driving can't seriously think it's a good idea to cover the sidewalls in this stupid disgusting crap ... $%@^#

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Too Funny!
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

Active Member Two Rings meticulist's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This is my first Audi, and this was touched on a week or so ago, but I don't know if I'm missing something with the drive select options. I have my individual drive select setting to be auto or comfort for most selections, but dynamic for sound. But when I put it into dynamic the exhaust gets noticeably louder. I know part of this is that the revs bump up slightly, but someone from outside the car remarked they could hear the valve opening. Why would the exhaust be different when individually selected versus in straight dynamic mode?

And as previously noted, it does seem like the exhaust will close on its own even when left in dynamic mode. I don't know if this is by design for emissions for back pressure, but it seems to me that if I select a "dynamic" sound, the equipped sport exhaust should be at its loudest?

And last question regarding drive select and exhaust, what's the best way to ensure I'll get that beautiful sound at startup? Do I need to make sure I turn it off in dynamic?

Thanks in advance

Established Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This!!!