Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 3,441 to 3,473 of 3473
    Active Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RS3USC View Post

I would never drop USAA but that was shocking.
    Well we still have home insurance and auto loan via USAA. So, essentially not dropping them. However USAA $1020 vs Geico $420 for the year of full insurance on the RS3 is significant. And when asked why USAA is so much more I was told that it's because USAA offers 'top notch and personalized service that exceeds its competitors' while I do agree with that... that's a significant amount of Geico savings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings crazytex21's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Geico sucks balls. USAA is way better. And I am just going on a hunch here, but there is no way in hell that you are going to pay that little for insurance on an RS3.

tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

Veteran Member Three Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by crazytex21 View Post
    Geico sucks balls. USAA is way better.

John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Nardo, etc.; expected July or August)
    -2011 Audi S5 (For sale)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

AZ Member #

GEICO has mechanical breakdown insurance, as does USAA. Highly recommended

'18 RS 3 - Daytona - Black Optics - sitting in purgatory at port - Mods awaiting a home: MSS Fully Adjust. Sport Springs, MRG Titanium stud conversion
    '16 Golf R
    '10 S4

AZ Member #

I don't rep either company, but I would never tell anyone to go with Geico over USAA. I rarely tell people to switch from USAA, unless I get a better rate in Auto Owners. One of the best companies there is. Always winning awards for claim service and shit. Which is kinda why you get insurance.

tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

Active Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Prospective RS3 Owners ...

Geico sucks balls. USAA is way better. And I am just going on a hunch here, but there is no way in hell that you are going to pay that little for insurance on an RS3.

Add it up: that's Geico's Comprehensive and Collision for six months ; divide by six and it's like $31/month my friend. Same coverage as our current USAA!! I know. It's ridiculous right?

AZ Member #

What liability limits?

tex lee

~Shicky~

AZ Member #

Prospective RS3 Owners ...

This is mine. Annual policy. I will say that I have never once been beaten by Geico. That's why I think some fuggery is going on. Haha.

tex lee

~Shicky~

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by riko77can View Post
    Anyone have an issue with insurance not having the RS3 in their system yet? On my temporary certificate they had to list it as an S3

I switch to State Farm. My wife and I are finally on the same policy. $120 a month ($1400 / year) They found it with my VIN number.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This is mine. Annual policy. I will say that I have never once been beaten by Geico. That's why I think some fuggery is going on. Haha.

I also get ~$70/mo. for insurance on Geico for the RS3. 250/500 with 500 deductible....

Veteran Member Three Rings sleeperwagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS3 on order. 15 Audi Q7, 13 A6, 97 M3 Sedan, 03 M3 Convert, 99 M coupe
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    Did anyone NOT order the Red Calipers???
    Did not. Only posting this b/c I just realized how off the wall my reason was: I ordered Nardo Grey with grey stitching and live in Ohio. I mention that b/c I did not want some jackass Michigan fan pissing on an Ohio State Buckeye car. I am O-H all day, everyday but can't be that much of a tool. My wifes e46 M3 is Imola Red with Grey leather and she gets Ohio State comments, 3 cars are white and another imola red, Garage is all O-H now but at least I can close the garage doors.

That all said, I would love to have my calipers painted something different than all the Red ones that are going to be floating around. Thinking maybe some sort of blue, might depend on which wheels I buy or could be years later. More excited for APR's tune options by the time I get mine.

Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 F30
    Items for Sale

one thing I learned a couple years ago is that not all insurance companies want to replace body panels or some parts with original OEM from the dealer.

I was talking to a guy from a body shop (in Beverly Hills) and he was telling me that only certain companies will allow original parts. I think he said Liberty Mutual was one of them and that the other big companies prefer to cheap out.

companies like State Farm and the like put priority on using Chinese copies or any other copy that may be "good enough" but saves them money on their bottom line.

you guys may want to ask your insurance companies about that and request that in writing.

from my HTC 10

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

RIP Daz

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

For all you guys that have their car sitting in RI have you heard anything new besides they are moving beyond SLOOOOOOOW?! Yesterday my salesman tells me the car was released to trucking and should be here any day and today he emails me stating he contacted distribution and they are still waiting on the monroney label and a final approval from customs. I personally would have thought the car would of had to clear or get approved from customs first before being released to trucking. Find it kind of odd.. Now just hoping this is a quick process!
    AKA: QuattroS5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK4 VRT, 981 Cayman S (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroRS3 View Post
    For all you guys that have their car sitting in RI have you heard anything new besides they are moving beyond SLOOOOOOOW?! Yesterday my salesman tells me the car was released to trucking and should be here any day and today he emails me stating he contacted distribution and they are still waiting on the monroney label and a final approval from customs. I personally would have thought the car would of had to clear or get approved from customs first before being released to trucking. Find it kind of odd.. Now just hoping this is a quick process!
    Just the same, that it's going slow. My car, and dealer, already has a copy of the Monroney, which I posted like 2 or 3 weeks back IIRC in this thread. Not sure what the hold up really is at this point. She told me she expects it to be on a truck and moving by the weekend, but I don't believe it. It's been the same story since the 5th when she excitedly told me the car arrived in port, and "should be on the truck within the next few days."
    flickr | Instagram | MK4 VRT | 2018 Mythos Black RS3 (On the way)
    VRSociety: Facebook | Instagram

AZ Member #

Ditto, got monroney and CO almost 2 weeks ago. Closed the sale last weekend (which wouldn't be possible without a CO). But yes been getting the same line re: customs. Sales manager forwarded me an email from the regional rep who checked on my car and said nothing was wrong but it was just "slow customs". Some cars are definitely leaving RI, a few confirmed already but it's sloooooooooow.

'18 RS 3 - Daytona - Black Optics - sitting in purgatory at port - Mods awaiting a home: MSS Fully Adjust. Sport Springs, MRG Titanium stud conversion
    '16 Golf R
    '10 S4

Veteran Member Four Rings b6bydesign04's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DARTHVDR View Post
    I picked up my 2018 RS3 yesterday. First one I. The region. Nardo. I love the car! I've owned a WRX and 2 STI's, latest being a 2016. This car is everything I wanted the STI to be. I'm an older guy... around 40. Steering is not quite as precise, everything else is as good or better! Engine and braking... for sure better! As far as turbo lag goes...once you find the sweet spot it's not as much as the STI. And if you've owned an STI there is much lag. New to the forum...

I'll get photos up soon!
    Congrats! You didn't happen to pickup your car from Audi Northlake in Charlotte did you?
    -Sean
    2008 RS4 | Suzuka Gray/Exclusive Interior | Ti | Milltek | Apikol | 034

Past: 2011 E92 M3 | 2011 Audi S4 | 2008 TT FJ Cruiser | 2007 Audi A4 | 2004 Audi S4 | 2002 Lexus IS300

F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone seen their car released from the Houston port yet?
    ON ORDER -- 2018 Audi RS3 -- Catalunya Red w/ black optics

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wescx View Post
    Anyone seen their car released from the Houston port yet?
    Nope, and I checked this morning.

Veteran Member Three Rings adamRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 TT RS

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroRS3 View Post
    Well, this has me a little concerned as my car was truck loaded on Monday and was supposed to be at the dealer by the end of Wednesday, but still hasn't shown up. I do have the monroney though, so not quite the same situation. Back to impatiently waiting
    2013 TT RS - Monza Silver | IG: @adam__rs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adamRS View Post
    Well, this has me a little concerned as my car was truck loaded on Monday and was supposed to be at the dealer by the end of Wednesday, but still hasn't shown up. I do have the monroney though, so not quite the same situation. Back to impatiently waiting
    You should be fine once your car has cleared customs and left port. Unless your sales guy fed you a line, did he show you the status in OMD?
    '16 Golf R
    '10 S4

Veteran Member Three Rings adamRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 TT RS

Quote Originally Posted by thebc View Post
    You should be fine once your car has cleared customs and left port. Unless your sales guy fed you a line, did he show you the status in OMD?
    No, I'll ask for it but he's off today. I know he wouldn't give me false info.
    2013 TT RS - Monza Silver | IG: @adam__rs

AZ Member #

NEWS FROM HOUSTON PORT!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    NEWS FROM HOUSTON PORT!

3.0's?

That's awesome news on 2017s.

AZ Member #

3.0's if you turned the steering wheel 15* the emissions would kick up a notch lol

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    3.0's?

I was hoping you would see that, yours is coming out of Houston right?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post

It is, but what is 3.0?

Senior Member Two Rings Nuccadoc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Sienna SE

they have the rotors up on the build site for Canada finally. Must be back in stock. Man those look good with the car!

Was able to test drive one the other day, man that car is hot! Not seeing much of a lag when I drove it, found it a lot more in the TTRS. In fact, I totally am in agreement with my friend at the dealership, as much as I loved driving the TTRS, which I did, man the RS3 put more of a smile on my face. I could tell before I even pulled out of the lot! This is going to be one heck of a wicked car. And for us Canadians, those rotors sure look nice!
    On the way 2018 RS3 | Catalyna Red | DSG | Sport Exhaust | Red Callipers | Black Optics | Black Rotor Wheels | 30% tint | Opticoat 2.0 | Suntek Wrap

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Does "release" mean something different than "cleared"? As of July 19 my 2018 RS3 was "cleared" in Houston, but have seen no further updates as to whether it has left Houston yet.

AZ Member #

Today's dealer update, they believe that Audi and US Customs are conspiring against me and I shall forever be stuck at port with the dealer telling me, "oh, any day now".

car is still at port><
    '16 Golf R
    '10 S4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    3.0's?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Are all MY17s certified as a whole or just from Houston?

Established Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Look, all yall crazy-because-its-waiting-at-port people... I feel you, fam, but some of us are out here waiting on build weeks for 5 months. Yall got high class problems! :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nuccadoc View Post
    they have the rotors up on the build site for Canada finally. Must be back in stock. Man those look good with the car!

Was able to test drive one the other day, man that car is hot! Not seeing much of a lag when I drove it, found it a lot more in the TTRS. In fact, I totally am in agreement with my friend at the dealership, as much as I loved driving the TTRS, which I did, man the RS3 put more of a smile on my face. I could tell before I even pulled out of the lot! This is going to be one heck of a wicked car. And for us Canadians, those rotors sure look nice!
    Yea im really excited for my Nardo with black rotors...the couple RS3s delivered locally had blades....figure the rotors will be more of a rarity