Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 2,041 to 2,072 of 2072
    Established Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wow. Didn't notice those big rear headrests. Funny how the US puts so many limitations on import cars for the sake of safety, and allows those things. They could actually be dangerous as it blocks most of your rear view.

I guess I'll be taking my headrests from my S4 and swapping them when I trade mine in. Good thing it has the same color stitching so they will fit perfectly.
    Coming: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Current: 2013 S4 / Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / Monsoon / Carbon / 19" Peelers.
    Previous: 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

Established Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
    I see $445 on their site for the "regular" leather one. Maybe that would be good enough for headrest that never get used?

Quote Originally Posted by RezaWrex View Post
    And it looks like that doesn't even include the slimmer middle one. "Included: Headrest - (x2)"

Edit: Or are they the same in both pics? I just assumed NA was bigger but now that I look at it they could be the same.
    The middle one is already the "slim" version so no need to replace but the outer two.
    Coming: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Current: 2013 S4 / Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / Monsoon / Carbon / 19" Peelers.
    Previous: 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Audi S5; 2014 Audi S7; plus a couple of others

Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
    If you want to see what all options are available, the German configurator is up too: https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuw...ne/pakete.html

Outside of white leather, optional power seats (non sport seats), and having most of our packages broken out into individual options, there's not a ton more available surprisingly.
    Dammit, I REALLY want the grey leather interior!!! Really frustrating that some flunkie in Audi Canada has decided that we can't have it - on my 5 previous Audis, I've never had to settle for an all black interior (although I had to factory order all of them because the dealers only want to stock cars with all black interiors), I really don't like all black - but if there's no other choice for all the advantages of the RS3, I was willing to tolerate it... but when there's a choice that some minion decided I can't have, just because, I get very frustrated.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    987.2 - the last of the hydraulic steer NA flat 6s.

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Group buy?

I heard group buy on headrests, so here I am.
    "The automobile is still a heap of mechanical components, and should feel like such, not like a smartphone on wheels" - Andreas Preuninger

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Prospective RS3 Owners ...

Re: the headrests. 730 for a pair doesn't seem bad for the napa ones. If you can find the actual Audi part numbers you can look them up on kufatec.de. I've sourced a few German-only parts from them in the past, but you have to know what you're looking for (part number).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '18 RS3 - Daytona - Black Optics - Built 6/16! ETA July - Mods awaiting a home: MSS Fully Adjust. Sport Springs, MRG Titanium stud conversion, HRE FF01s
    '16 Golf R - DSG/DCC/DAP - Unitronic Stage 2 + JB4 - Unitronic intake/intercooler - AWE Resonated DP - AWE Switchpath exhaust w/ 102mm diamond black tips - Eibach Pro Kit - HRE FF01s in IPA - 034 End Links, Rear Sway Bar and Dog Bone Insert - ECS Turbo Blanket
    '10 S4 | Ice Silver | Prestige | APR Stage 2

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got this from my dealer today. Random or is something happening?:

"Your Audi RS 3 has arrived in the United States. We sincerely thank you for ordering and waiting for your custom, personalized RS 3. We appreciate you for choosing Audi. I will be contacting you via phone to schedule your delivery."

Which is funny since it's a 2017.

Established Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So if I've just gotten the email from Audi that says we have your order, my dealer is telling me they think that's good in that Audi is acknowledging the order. (I don't understand how an actual dealer doesn't understand what it means or doesn't mean, but I digress.)

What kind of swags do people have in terms of when the next steps might happen and, ultimately, the car shows up in the US. My dealer's overly unhelpful response was "maybe by the end of the year."

Maybe 6 mos is reasonable/right... but I've also developed the belief that I might have gotten myself onto the least clueful US Audi dealer's list. So I'm guessing just the people on this thread would have a way smarter take on what the future holds!

Veteran Member Three Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'll just leave these here for now ...

John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Nardo, etc.; expected July or August)
    -2011 Audi S5 (For sale)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

^Sexy time! 😁
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 GTI 337, 1996 4runner, 2008 Triumph Bonneville, 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster, 2017 RS3 soon

I love those BBS wheels, they're damn sexy. but I don't think I love them $2k+.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings HBird's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Group buy?
    Not sure yet, we're in the process of finding ones for mine (red stitching due to Magma interior). As far as the armrest is concerned it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by seank13 View Post
    I love those BBS wheels, they're damn sexy. but I don't think I love them $2k+.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    I decided it was time to put German wheels on this Audi. No more Chinese rims for me. That said, my Vossens have been strong on my S5.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2011 Audi S5 (For sale)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'll just leave these here for now ...

Nice!!! What width/offset did you get. The only thing keeping me from buying wheels is uncertainty on that point.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GordonC View Post
    Dammit, I REALLY want the grey leather interior!!! Really frustrating that some flunkie in Audi Canada has decided that we can't have it - on my 5 previous Audis, I've never had to settle for an all black interior (although I had to factory order all of them because the dealers only want to stock cars with all black interiors), I really don't like all black - but if there's no other choice for all the advantages of the RS3, I was willing to tolerate it... but when there's a choice that some minion decided I can't have, just because, I get very frustrated.
    Yes that is a deal breaker for me..no chance I am spending $68k to have another black blah interior. It looks so much better in the grey. Hopefully they will bring that over next year.
    The Graveyard:
    2015 VW Tiguan
    2014 Audi SQ5
    2007 Acura RDX
    2004 Nissan Murano
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder
    1994 Ford Probe GT
    1988 Ford Mustang
    1974 Plymouth Valiant Brougham
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasoso View Post
    Funny how the US puts so many limitations on import cars for the sake of safety...
    Sake of safety? That's actually funnier. The cars we receive here, in the States, are not any safer than anywhere else. It's all about nonsense regulations that generates billions every year.

Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 F30
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by YegorS View Post
    Sake of safety? That's actually funnier. The cars we receive here, in the States, are not any safer than anywhere else. It's all about nonsense regulations that generates billions every year.
    exactly. nobody knows more about this than Californians - so much crap they feed us to justify higher price on everything.

from my HTC 10

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

RIP Daz

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    Nice!!! What width/offset did you get. The only thing keeping me from buying wheels is uncertainty on that point.
    Thanks--19"x8.5" ET40. Check out Mops' thread to see how they look on his S3.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2011 Audi S5 (For sale)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Status update

Stopped by my dealer. He said my 2017 has been released from port and is awaiting transport to dealer. He said this should take about two weeks.

Not sure what others have heard.

Veteran Member Two Rings xcellr8tion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nesbit View Post
    Stopped by my dealer. He said my 2017 has been released from port and is awaiting transport to dealer. He said this should take about two weeks.

Haven't heard that anywhere else - last I heard we shouldn't expect them to release from port for another 2.5-3 weeks... would be great if it was true!
    Current: '17 RS3 (ETA June), '18 SQ5 (ETA Sept), '16 4Runner
    Past: '17 M3, '16 MK7 R, '14 i3 REX, '14 F31 diesel, '13 S5 (Sport Classic Grey), '12 Jeep JKU, '11 X5M, '11 S4, '11 135i, '10 A4 Avant, '10 Treg, '09 Tacoma, '09 328iX, '08 R32, '06 A4, '07 Subie LGT Wagon, '06 STi, '02 S4 Avant, '02 Jeep TJ, '01 Jeep TJ, '96 Tacoma, '92 Acura Legend, '86 944

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by xcellr8tion View Post
    Haven't heard that anywhere else - last I heard we shouldn't expect them to release from port for another 2.5-3 weeks... would be great if it was true!
    Don't know if I believe him (wasn't Jon). But he was able to see it had been in port since may or something. He said it was being held by customs but no longer is. Someone else is getting a 2018 nardo there.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Don't know if I believe him (wasn't Jon). But he was able to see it had been in port since may or something. He said it was being held by customs but no longer is. Someone else is getting a 2018 nardo there.
    What dealership?

AZ Member #

FWIW I still don't see the 2017s on fueleconomy.gov. It could also be our amazing government is slow to update their site.

'18 RS3 - Daytona - Black Optics - Built 6/16! ETA July - Mods awaiting a home: MSS Fully Adjust. Sport Springs, MRG Titanium stud conversion, HRE FF01s
    '16 Golf R - DSG/DCC/DAP - Unitronic Stage 2 + JB4 - Unitronic intake/intercooler - AWE Resonated DP - AWE Switchpath exhaust w/ 102mm diamond black tips - Eibach Pro Kit - HRE FF01s in IPA - 034 End Links, Rear Sway Bar and Dog Bone Insert - ECS Turbo Blanket

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

@rocco20v : It would be Audi of Mechanicsburg, PA.

@xcellr8tion: He also seemed to indicate yours perhaps is now on a ship? <<---ooops. I think this is the wrong person. Meant chrono9six!
    Last edited by nesbit; Today at 02:09 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Im hoping for you that its sooner than that. Still very exciting that you could have your '17 so soon.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chrono9six View Post
    Im hoping for you that its sooner than that. Still very exciting that you could have your '17 so soon.
    "He also seemed to indicate yours perhaps is now on a ship? "

Had to edit my comment above. I think I got your's and another user name swapped. This comment was probably meant for you!.

The guy first said they were only getting my 2107 Ara, and a 2018 Nardo. I was sure he was wrong so he looked in the system and indeed yours was also in there. He asked if I knew you and I said only by online name. He mentioned a name that began with a "C" but my name also begins with a "C" so

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

"He also seemed to indicate yours perhaps is now on a ship? "

Had to edit my comment above. I think I got your's and another user name swapped. This comment was probably meant for you!.

The guy first said they were only getting my 2107 Ara, and a 2018 Nardo. I was sure he was wrong so he looked in the system and indeed yours was also in there. He asked if I knew you and I said only by online name. He mentioned a name that began with a "C" but my name also begins with a "C" so
    Mine should be on the ship on the 27th unless it left port earlier than expected, which would be awesome. Name here and IRL begins with a C, so i do believe he was talking about me.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Mine should be on the ship on the 27th unless it left port earlier than expected, which would be awesome. Name here and IRL begins with a C, so i do believe he was talking about me.
    He said it had left port 2 days ago (from Saturday). He was looking it up on his PC so I can only assume he knows what he was talking about, but of course we've heard different things from different places before. Hope yours is early!

Veteran Member Three Rings adamRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 TT RS

Mine is also supposed to be on the ship Tuesday:

Production Complete 06/07/2017
    Ship Departure 06/27/2017(ETA)
    Domestic Port Arrived 07/10/2017(ETA)
    2013 TT RS - Monza Silver | IG: @adam__rs

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adamRS View Post
    Mine is also supposed to be on the ship Tuesday:

Production Complete 06/07/2017
    Ship Departure 06/27/2017(ETA)
    Domestic Port Arrived 07/10/2017(ETA)
    Yours has the same info and if Nesbit is correct you are on the water as well. I will reach out to the dealer this week and see if we can get a ship number so we can track it.

@nesbit Thanks for the info man. We will have to see if there are any events besides Waterfest and see if we can all meet up from the area.

AZ Member #

Yours has the same info and if Nesbit is correct you are on the water as well. I will reach out to the dealer this week and see if we can get a ship number so we can track it.

@nesbit Thanks for the info man. We will have to see if there are any events besides Waterfest and see if we can all meet up from the area.
    I was scheduled for the 6/27 boat. I got an update on Friday and it wasn't on a ship yet:(. Matt got pushed out to July 7th from June 27.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I guess he could have meant to say "two days from now" instead "two days ago". Don't know. We did joke that he originally had a nardo, changed it to my ara, then ended up getting another nardo anyway. Wonder who's getting it. I had mainly stopped by because of the email I received, and wanted to know if I should arrange financing. I had talked with my credit union about it being approved before I put the deposit on the car and they didn't see a problem, but could only do it if I was getting the car within 30 days, which we had no clue of at the time. At least now I have a VIN.

Incidentally, my insurance co (nationwide) didn't have any info on the RS3 so they had estimated based of an S5. Hope they get that straight.