Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 1,001 to 1,038 of 1038
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    True, but that color changes a lot, and I have seen some pictures of the show car that looks close to that. Still, on second look, you're probably right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This looks close, for instance:

https://instagram.com/p/BTM_o8cDS52/

Established Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    This doesn't seem right...a modded up 2.5 5 cylinder would destroy the 4 cylinder. Sure a stage 3 S3 would be more powerful than the RS3 stock but it's silly to compare a modified car to a bone stock vehicle.
    Same here, doesn't really compute. Not sure who even has access to a 2017 or 2018 outside Audi themselves right now. But maybe they do... I'm not buying "marginally faster" stock to stock or tuned to tuned. I started thinking about just the simple spec math...

Stock for stock: RS3 weighs 5% less, has 37% more peak power, and 26% more peak torque. The RS3 accesses its peak torque 1000 rpm earlier than the S3 (we'll call the S3s slight drift up from 280-ish at 2700rpm to peak at 4600 rpm a rounding error). The RS3's power-to-weight ratio is 44% greater than the S3. I doubt there's any defecit on the RS3's part in terms of being to put its power down to the road.

The RS3 is 17% better than the M2 power-to-weight, and 24% better than the CLA45. It's essentially a push with the M4, but the RS3 weighs 7% less, which is the sight of the equation that matters more.

Couple that with the Haldex changes -- there is a German Oman video I can't find right now showing it holding a slip angle throughout a sweeper... it's drift light -- and I can't imagine that you will get in the stock RS3 and think it's a small difference over a stock S3.

Tuned vs. tuned: We don't know how the new 2.5 TFSI will tune. We can guess based upon what APR can do with the current 2.5 at Stage 1 -- 31% increased torque and 16% more hp. If they manage to get similar gains on the new motor, they would be throwing out about 460/460 torque and hp. APRs Stage 2 S3 gets bigger relative increases, so I think tuned vs. tuned you'll see the gap between the two... but you're still looking at 25% more hp and 20% more torque. Maybe that's marginal as interpreted by the butt dyno, but I don't think so.

The question on tuned-vs-tuned is really did Audi Sport already consume all of the engineering upside in the RS3 and it's still sitting there on the lot in the S3. Could be.

If you got to the last place and look at a stock RS3 vs S3, I think you do get to a place where the specs are the same. I tend to think te S3 is going still feel like it has more lag and at that point you have a car that's warrantied and one that's not. Realistically, the RS3 isn't going to be that much quicker than my St. 2 Mk7 R -- but I think it will be more than marginally better in pure performance terms, and it will be much better in terms of overall driving experience. That said, the RS3 will probably only cost me about $10-12K to the all-in cost on the R!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Cars not even out yet and all the modded talks :D Need another thread almost at this point for modded specific discussions

All because someone made up the fact they have access to a new rs3 already modded and it doesn't hold up to a modded s3. I think it was BS, one post now a page or two of feedback. Maybe time to ignore it for now.

Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 F30
    Items for Sale

if we are going to compare weight and power you also have to take into account any gearing differences.

from my HTC 10

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

RIP Daz

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by big residual View Post
    Same here, doesn't really compute. Not sure who even has access to a 2017 or 2018 outside Audi themselves right now. But maybe they do... I'm not buying "marginally faster" stock to stock or tuned to tuned. I started thinking about just the simple spec math...

Stock for stock: RS3 weighs 5% less, has 37% more peak power, and 26% more peak torque. The RS3 accesses its peak torque 1000 rpm earlier than the S3 (we'll call the S3s slight drift up from 280-ish at 2700rpm to peak at 4600 rpm a rounding error). The RS3's power-to-weight ratio is 44% greater than the S3. I doubt there's any defecit on the RS3's part in terms of being to put its power down to the road.

The RS3 is 17% better than the M2 power-to-weight, and 24% better than the CLA45. It's essentially a push with the M4, but the RS3 weighs 7% less, which is the sight of the equation that matters more.

Couple that with the Haldex changes -- there is a German Oman video I can't find right now showing it holding a slip angle throughout a sweeper... it's drift light -- and I can't imagine that you will get in the stock RS3 and think it's a small difference over a stock S3.

Tuned vs. tuned: We don't know how the new 2.5 TFSI will tune. We can guess based upon what APR can do with the current 2.5 at Stage 1 -- 31% increased torque and 16% more hp. If they manage to get similar gains on the new motor, they would be throwing out about 460/460 torque and hp. APRs Stage 2 S3 gets bigger relative increases, so I think tuned vs. tuned you'll see the gap between the two... but you're still looking at 25% more hp and 20% more torque. Maybe that's marginal as interpreted by the butt dyno, but I don't think so.

The question on tuned-vs-tuned is really did Audi Sport already consume all of the engineering upside in the RS3 and it's still sitting there on the lot in the S3. Could be.

If you got to the last place and look at a stock RS3 vs S3, I think you do get to a place where the specs are the same. I tend to think te S3 is going still feel like it has more lag and at that point you have a car that's warrantied and one that's not. Realistically, the RS3 isn't going to be that much quicker than my St. 2 Mk7 R -- but I think it will be more than marginally better in pure performance terms, and it will be much better in terms of overall driving experience. That said, the RS3 will probably only cost me about $10-12K to the all-in cost on the R!
    Just curious, what would you estimate the 1/4 mile to be for the new RS3? I always imagined High 11s or 12.0

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi Q7, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Limited (M), 2006 Saab 95 2.3T, 1982 Lancia Zagato.

Question directed mostly at those who sprung for the driver assistance package. What in particular from this package did you deem the most necessary and why? I opted out of this package as I don't do many long stints on the highway.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ares3 View Post
    Question directed mostly at those who sprung for the driver assistance package. What in particular from this package did you deem the most necessary and why? I opted out of this package as I don't do many long stints on the highway.
    ACC. I currently have one car with it and one without...it's a dangers situation driving the one without after driving the one with. Gonna solve that problem.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ares3 View Post
    I opted out of it because most of the nannies I would turn off - the only exception being ACC - and I've driven long enough with basic cruise control as the only aid I need.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Stock for stock: RS3 weighs 5% less
    Where did you find weight listings comparing the RS3 and the S3? I've only seen mentions that the block is lighter compared to the previous iron block. Or do you know what the EA888 weighs and what the iron 5 cylinder weighs?

The RS3 will also feature a 7 speed trans, which is going to add some weight back in as well. There was no mention of weight savings on the car, aside from the lack of a spare tire.
    Unbeknowst to Speed, Racer-X is actually his older brother who ran away from home years ago...

Veteran Member Four Rings chris164935's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0tQ; 2001 Audi A4 1.8tQM
    Items for Sale

Any idea how long this car will stay in production? I'd love to have one, but just can't spring for it right now. Maybe in a year or 2... I'm also very curious to see how it performs once tuning software becomes available.
    "You know you have a bad idea when Ford guys are making fun of you."
    "The Internet is dead."

Spice Rubs: Rick's Rubs

Established Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rex_racer View Post
    Where did you find weight listings comparing the RS3 and the S3? I've only seen mentions that the block is lighter compared to the previous iron block. Or do you know what the EA888 weighs and what the iron 5 cylinder weighs?

The RS3 will also feature a 7 speed trans, which is going to add some weight back in as well. There was no mention of weight savings on the car, aside from the lack of a spare tire.
    We don't know for sure that there will be no spare. Some people here are assuming that. My S4 has the battery in the trunk and the spare on top of it. That may be the case with the RS3 as well.

I did notice however that none of the pictures or videos that I've seen show the engine hood protection mat like the one on the A3/S3. Not sure if it was weight related, or to increase engine sound to the cabin.

Worth noting is that I see the suspension components are made of steel and not aluminum like most S and RS cars above the 3 series. I would have loved the RS3 to have better suspension components than the standard A3/S3 steel one.

Ragardless, I have a feeling that the RS3 will be lighter than the S3 by a few pounds, and if nothing else, better front/rear weight balance.
    Current: 2013 S4 / Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / Monsoon / Carbon / 19" Peelers.
    Previous: 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

Established Member Two Rings HBird's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sean_entrust View Post
    that looks like nogaro blue!
    x2 Ara is much brighter. And there's a green R8 next to it so that makes me think it's an Exclusive job.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasoso View Post
    We don't know for sure that there will be no spare. Some people here are assuming that. My S4 has the battery in the trunk and the spare on top of it. That may be the case with the RS3 as well.

I did notice however that none of the pictures or videos that I've seen show the engine hood protection mat like the one on the A3/S3. Not sure if it was weight related, or to increase engine sound to the cabin.

Worth noting is that I see the suspension components are made of steel and not aluminum like most S and RS cars above the 3 series. I would have loved the RS3 to have better suspension components than the standard A3/S3 steel one.

Ragardless, I have a feeling that the RS3 will be lighter than the S3 by a few pounds, and if nothing else, better front/rear weight balance.
    Where do you think they'll be cutting weight from? Early video showed no spare tire, hopefully that won't be the case, but that would be about 50lbs, but they'll likely add a can of fix a flat and a compressor if so.

• The hood mat is good for 3-4lbs with clips.
    • The ceramic brakes are about 16lbs lighter in total.
    • The seats are the same as the Supersport seats, and there hasn't been word if any panels would be made in Alu. That is doubtful since that is what makes the TT a TT. The front control arms are supposed to be longer to allow for the increase in camber, but you make it sound as though the suspension components might actually be the same since you're saying you're seeing a lot of steel. The hubs will likely be alu, just as the S is, which makes it sound as though the geometry on the hubs will be the same, ie no changes.
    • The front wheels will be wider which again adds to the weight, likely about 5lbs between the two. Matching body to cover the front tires will probably add another lb or two as well.
    • The Dynamic plus shocks should be 8lbs lighter for the four.
    • I was able to locate the weight of the block, its about 340lbs, while the 4 cylinder is 290lbs.

Very curious to see where this car will end up.
    Unbeknowst to Speed, Racer-X is actually his older brother who ran away from home years ago...

AZ Member #

Where do you think they'll be cutting weight from? Early video showed no spare tire, hopefully that won't be the case, but that would be about 50lbs, but they'll likely add a can of fix a flat and a compressor if so.

• The hood mat is good for 3-4lbs with clips.
    • The ceramic brakes are about 16lbs lighter in total.
    • The seats are the same as the Supersport seats, and there hasn't been word if any panels would be made in Alu. That is doubtful since that is what makes the TT a TT. The front control arms are supposed to be longer to allow for the increase in camber, but you make it sound as though the suspension components might actually be the same since you're saying you're seeing a lot of steel. The hubs will likely be alu, just as the S is, which makes it sound as though the geometry on the hubs will be the same, ie no changes.
    • The front wheels will be wider which again adds to the weight, likely about 5lbs between the two. Matching body to cover the front tires will probably add another lb or two as well.
    • The Dynamic plus shocks should be 8lbs lighter for the four.
    • I was able to locate the weight of the block, its about 340lbs, while the 4 cylinder is 290lbs.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. We are all speculating at this point. Do you have a link to the video that shows no spare tire? Haven't seen anything about that yet.
    Current: 2013 S4 / Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / Monsoon / Carbon / 19" Peelers.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The RS3 weight has been reported by multiple reviews coming from the Oman press event as 3340 lbs. IIRC, the S3 is 3460.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Audi S5; 2014 Audi S7; plus a couple of others

Stock for stock: RS3 weighs 5% less
    No. Where did you come up with those numbers?

Agreed that I haven't seen numbers for weights of the iron block engine vs. aluminum block, only for the weight savings. Weight listings for S3 and RS3 have been published by Audi for more than a month (see below)

No on being lighter. I haven't found front/rear weights or distributions yet, but if the RS3 is 187 lbs heavier, most of that will be in the front, so the weight balance is not likely to be any better.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. We are all speculating at this point.
    No need to speculate, Audi published the RS3 weights over a month ago.

The RS3 weight has been reported by multiple reviews coming from the Oman press event as 3340 lbs. IIRC, the S3 is 3460.
    The RS3 weights have been published by Audi, along with many of the other specifications you could want. Have you guys checked out www.audi-mediacenter.com ? Directly for the RS3 sedan, it's https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...s-3-sedan-6821 Right on that page, they list

"Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb) 1515 (3340.0) / 1590 (3505.4) / 2005 (4420.3)"

The same site on the S3 page lists "Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb) 1430 (3152.6) / 1505 (3318.0) / 1980 (4365.2)

So for the European spec S3 vs RS3, we should expect that the RS3 is 187.4 lbs heavier than the S3.

There are a few documents available for download, including a 20 page pdf "PRODUCT INFORMATION - Compact top athletes: Audi RS 3 Sedan and RS 3 Sportback" Note that it's a global/European focused document, so mentions of options or equipment specs are not necessarily applicable to the US or Canada (eg Matrix LED)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah, I'm curious as well. We are all speculating at this point. Do you have a link to the video that shows no spare tire? Haven't seen anything about that yet.
    Unfortunately I do not. When I saw it I didn't think it was a big deal since most manufacturers are going that way now anyhow. The A3/S3 only has a compact spare anyhow, so that's not that great either.

That would be great if that was the case, but everything we know about the car says otherwise. We shall have to see.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GordonC View Post

Agreed that I haven't seen numbers for weights of the iron block engine vs. aluminum block, only for the weight savings. Weight listings for S3 and RS3 have been published by Audi for more than a month (see below)

No on being lighter. I haven't found front/rear weights or distributions yet, but if the RS3 is 187 lbs heavier, most of that will be in the front, so the weight balance is not likely to be any better.

The RS3 weights have been published by Audi, along with many of the other specifications you could want. Have you guys checked out www.audi-mediacenter.com ? Directly for the RS3 sedan, it's https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...s-3-sedan-6821 Right on that page, they list

"Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb) 1515 (3340.0) / 1590 (3505.4) / 2005 (4420.3)"

The same site on the S3 page lists "Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb) 1430 (3152.6) / 1505 (3318.0) / 1980 (4365.2)

So for the European spec S3 vs RS3, we should expect that the RS3 is 187.4 lbs heavier than the S3
    Not here is the US. S3 weight is 3461 lbs not 3152. So, S3 is at least 120lbs heavier than RS3.
    https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s3-sedan

Also, aluminum engine is 57 lbs lighter than old iron block one. So, everything remaining the same, should contribute to better front/eear weight balance.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/21/2...-drive-review/

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Not here is the US. S3 weight is 3461 lbs not 3152. So, S3 is at least 120lbs heavier than RS3.
    https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s3-sedan
    OK, so we have that a European spec RS3 is 187 lbs heavier than a European spec S3; and we have a US spec S3 is 120 lbs heavier than a European spec RS3. I think the former might be a more relevant apples to apples comparison... what do you think the US spec RS3 will weigh? I'd be guessing around 187 lbs heavier than a US spec S3...

One possible explanation for some of the weight difference to the Euro S3, versus either the Euro RS3 and US S3, is that the Euro S3 is available with a manual transmission which is lighter than the DSG gearbox. It could well be that the listing I quoted is for the 'base' S3 Euro with a manual trans. So, what's the weight difference between the manual and DSG transmissions?

AZ Member #

OK, so we have that a European spec RS3 is 187 lbs heavier than a European spec S3; and we have a US spec S3 is 120 lbs heavier than a European spec RS3. I think the former is a more relevant apples to apples comparison... what do you think the US spec RS3 will weigh? I'd be guessing around 187 lbs heavier than a US spec S3...
    Lol, not sure I follow your logic. That would make the US RS3 to be around 3600 lbs. lets just agree to disagree and wait for the final specs to come out, but the official press release from Audi said differently. Unless you know something that they don't. ;)

Also, be aware that the S3 is available in Europe without the stupid panaramic roof. Maybe that's the weight specs they are listing. The RS3 isn't available here without all that weight on top, nor is the S3.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

"Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb)1515 (3340.0) / 1590 (3505.4) / 2005 (4420.3)"

The same site on the S3 page lists "Unladen weight according to EU (excluding driver) / (including driver) / gross weight limit in kg (lb)1430 (3152.6) / 1505 (3318.0) / 1980 (4365.2)

So for the European spec S3 vs RS3, we should expect that the RS3 is 187.4 lbs heavier than the S3.

There are a few documents available for download, including a 20 page pdf "PRODUCT INFORMATION - Compact top athletes: Audi RS 3 Sedan and RS 3 Sportback" Note that it's a global/European focused document, so mentions of options or equipment specs are not necessarily applicable to the US or Canada (eg Matrix LED)
    S3 is 3,462. I was off by 2 pounds. Apologies.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-media-kit.pdf

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Unfortunately I do not. When I saw it I didn't think it was a big deal since most manufacturers are going that way now anyhow. The A3/S3 only has a compact spare anyhow, so that's not that great either.

That would be great if that was the case, but everything we know about the car says otherwise. We shall have to see.
    You haven't read many of the reviews then. Seriously. It's in pretty much every single one.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

OK, so we have that a European spec RS3 is 187 lbs heavier than a European spec S3; and we have a US spec S3 is 120 lbs heavier than a European spec RS3. I think the former might be a more relevant apples to apples comparison... what do you think the US spec RS3 will weigh? I'd be guessing around 187 lbs heavier than a US spec S3...

One possible explanation for some of the weight difference to the Euro S3, versus either the Euro RS3 and US S3, is that the Euro S3 is available with a manual transmission which is lighter than the DSG gearbox. It could well be that the listing I quoted is for the 'base' S3 Euro with a manual trans. So, what's the weight difference between the manual and DSG transmissions?
    Sunroof probably accounts for some of that difference too, I would think. Standard on US version; optional on EU version, right?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You haven't read many of the reviews then. Seriously. It's in pretty much every single one.

I've only seen 1 or 2 reviews that claim the weight is lower. None of the reviews claim the body or parts of the car are lighter aside from the block. Where is the weight going to come off of? Were the reviewed cars all EU spec cars? EU spec cars have far less crash safety equipment/supports vs US cars. That would likely account for some of the weight diff between the EU and US S3, which you would then apply to the RS3.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

EU spec cars have far less crash safety equipment/supports vs US cars. That would likely account for some of the weight diff between the EU and US S3, which you would then apply to the RS3.
    That was true 20 years ago, and maybe to a much smaller extent 10 years ago - but nowadays, the Euro NCAP safety ratings ensure that pedestrian, collision, and airbag standards are at least as stringent now in the EU.

Did you see the recent reports that Ford put the new Mustang on sale in Europe (safety features unchanged from US), and it only scored 2 out of 5 on the NCAP tests? The Euro tests are no pushover any more where the manufacturers can strip out door beams and bumper beams and save weight.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Typically the difference in DSG to manual has been about 45-50lbs.

That was true 20 years ago, and maybe to a much smaller extent 10 years ago - but nowadays, the Euro NCAP safety ratings ensure that pedestrian, collision, and airbag standards are at least as stringent now in the EU.

Did you see the recent reports that Ford put the new Mustang on sale in Europe (safety features unchanged from US), and it only scored 2 out of 5 on the NCAP tests? The Euro tests are no pushover any more where the manufacturers can strip out door beams and bumper beams and save weight.
    If that's the case and the US spec RS3 is 3300 lbs like others are saying, I would love to know where the weight is coming off of.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That said, the RS3 will probably only cost me about $10-12K to the all-in cost on the R!
    This was exactly my rational for going with the RS3 over a GOLF R. I am coming from a Stage 2 GTI. I know I would likely sink 10K into an R and more than likely keep the RS stock...at least for the first 4 years....maybe....i hope LOL
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Red Calipers - Titanium Rotors -- Not here yet...please hurry!!
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

AZ Member #

[...] and more than likely keep the RS stock...at least for the first 4 years....maybe....i hope LOL
    You and I both know that's not true. Maybe you'll spend less - but keep it stock? you're not fooling anyone.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
    You and I both know that's not true. Maybe you'll spend less - but keep it stock? you're not fooling anyone.
    Heh...likely no tune or exhaust...no intake for sure...only thing I can see doing is springs, as long as long term reviews are good in terms of their reliability with MAG ride. Wheels as well, but thats not really a mod haha :)
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Red Calipers - Titanium Rotors -- Not here yet...please hurry!!
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

AZ Member #

Typically the difference in DSG to manual has been about 45-50lbs.

If that's the case and the US spec RS3 is 3300 lbs like others are saying, I would love to know where the weight is coming off of.
    I think it is safe to say that the US spec RS3 will carry a bit more weight than the US spec S3. How much remains to be seen. There are too many equipment, emissions, safety, and homologation differences between the US and Europe to directly compare them. We can all speculate, but we won't know for sure until the US specs come out.

Veteran Member Four Rings phillyquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How about everyone stop speculating how a 5 cylinder that shares the extreme majority of it's components with it's 4 cylinder sibling...weighs less than said sibling, and instead go enjoy this Dutch video of an RS3 tearing around the desert of Oman. RS3 part starts about a minute in.
    2016 S3 Premium+ (Build Thread)
    IG: brandongray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by phillyquattro View Post
    How about everyone stop speculating how a 5 cylinder that shares the extreme majority of it's components with it's 4 cylinder sibling...weighs less than said sibling, and instead go enjoy this Dutch video of an RS3 tearing around the desert of Oman. RS3 part starts about a minute in.
    The problem is these videos only worsen our impatience

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 Boxster S, 2003 Subaru WRX, 2009 BMW 335i 6MT, 1973 VW Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
    The problem is these videos only worsen our impatience
    Not only that, it looks like a cool review and I can't understand any of it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmeade View Post
    Yeah, where are the German speakers here?

Based on the driving clips and his tone, I assume the review was good.

I definitely heard him talking about the CLA and the M3 at some point, so I'd be curious what he was saying about the competition, and to what degree he was attributing the driving dynamics to road conditions.
    ON ORDER -- 2018 Audi RS3 -- Catalunya Red w/ black optics

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wescx View Post
    Yeah, where are the German speakers here?

Based on the driving clips and his tone, I assume the review was good.

I definitely heard him talking about the CLA and the M3 at some point, so I'd be curious what he was saying about the competition, and to what degree he was attributing the driving dynamics to road conditions.
    He was speaking dutch

Veteran Member Four Rings phillyquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmeade View Post
    If only there was Google Translate for audio in real time.
    2016 S3 Premium+ (Build Thread)
    IG: brandongray

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

He was speaking dutch
    Ah, that would explain why I could make out one or two words per sentence...
    ON ORDER -- 2018 Audi RS3 -- Catalunya Red w/ black optics

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

For those U.S. customers who are interested in grey stitching and leather door handles and knee pads, your fix is roughly $1,228, as follows (assuming they use the same parts from a 2016 S3):

​Center Console w/ Black/Gray knee pads (8V1863241AAKO) $336
    Left Front door pull / arm rest cover w/ Black/Gray stitch (8V4867173ARUI) $270
    Right Front door pull / arm rest cover w/ Black/Gray stitch (8V4867174ARUI) $270
    Left Rear door pull /arm rest cover w/ Black/Gray stitch (8V4867373ARUI) $176
    Right Rear door pull /arm rest cover w/ Black/Gray stitch (8V4867374ARUI) $176
    If you have a car on order and are getting grey stitching, but want leather on the knee pads and door handles, can you please check with your dealer ASAP on what 7HE is? I have some indication that 7HE is "extended leather" (meaning leather on door handles and knee pads) that will be available with grey stitching (and not require RS Design Package) and that it will be added to the Order Guide. I want this badly and was even about to separately order and install those parts, so if this is about to be added as an option, I would like t knoow. The urgency is that my Freeze to Changes date is in 2 days, so I kinda need to know soon. Thanks!