Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,880 of 4576
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by andru1313 View Post
    I will be ceramic coating mine. I have moved away from the xpel protection just never held up great for me and it bothers my OCD. Lol. Been very happy with ceramic coating. It doesn't fully protect from rock chips but it does a great job of protecting the paint.
    I'm doing both, really. Xpel Ultimate where shown in these pictures (both green and red boxes), and Opti-Coat Pro Plus (full car, mirrors, glass, wheels, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2007 B7 RS4 2006 Evo IX MR

Quote Originally Posted by mattvandyk View Post
    I'm doing both, really. Xpel Ultimate where shown in these pictures (both green and red boxes), and Opti-Coat Pro Plus (full car, mirrors, glass, wheels, etc).

Thanks for sharing that. Does always look good.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    16 Lava Orange GT3 RS, 18 Nardo Grey RS3, 17 Panda Macan GTS, 91 C2 964, 16 F150 Lariat, 63 Impala

Quote Originally Posted by michael818 View Post
    Personally, a few paint chips are not the end of the world. I buy my cars to use them on a daily basis. I don't consider them works of art and don't expect to keep them forever. I've bought and sold many cars over the years and have never had one rejected because of a few paint chips. That being said, all of us are different and some less willing to accept what comes with daily driving. Only you can decide what's right for you. On a personal level, I'll probably simply go with a ceramic coating and maybe CPK and CPF options - I have no problem with port installed for that - probably pre cut pieces. I have never liked partial hood and fender covering because the line is visible and annoys me. If I were going to do the hood and fenders I would have them completely covered. I used Suntek on one of my 911's and never had an issue. Again, only you can decide what is right for you.
    This! I'm lucky to keep a car for a full year (might keep the RS3 for a couple) let alone 10++ years... every trade-in deal/negotiation I've done has been over text based on mileage and VIN number (maybe condition of tires factored). Never once have I had the dealership reduce the trade-in value once the car showed up on the day of the transaction and they noticed a chip or two. None of them have been 100% perfect. They don't care, they just want to sell me the next car.
    I'll be going ceramic coating on the car, wheels and calipers once I get it. Makes cleaning so much easier.

Bought my RS with 1000 miles so it already had the PPF on it... probably a better idea on that car given how I drive it and it being such an expensive car. $4-5k to wrap a $240k car makes sense, but not sure I could apply the same logic to a cheaper car.

Established Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by thebc View Post
    I would not trust your sales guy for ppf advice. Xpel ultimate is the best out there, also includes a 10 year warranty and. Personally I would never have something like this installed at port. Car needs to be properly detailed and paint corrected before you put the ppf on.

For a Camry maybe, but the RS 3 is going to a detailer:)

This is a quote from the Alfa Romeo Forum from an Xpel Based Detailer:

" I told my guys to bring Suntek and got the okay from the client (luckily they trust me to make the right decisions). I have to say, after seeing how Suntek looks I am going to have a very hard time suggesting Xpel from now on. The film on the fenders is damn near impossible to see. There is NO change in appearance from wrapped fender to unwrapped door. I was blown away! Even where the film does not wrap"

I found similar findings on Bimmer and other groups as well. So is Xpel Ultimate "THE BEST" according to you yes?! I'll go with the Suntek my $0.02

Senior Member Three Rings thebc's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernaut05 View Post
    This is a quote from the Alfa Romeo Forum from an Xpel Based Detailer:

" I told my guys to bring Suntek and got the okay from the client (luckily they trust me to make the right decisions). I have to say, after seeing how Suntek looks I am going to have a very hard time suggesting Xpel from now on. The film on the fenders is damn near impossible to see. There is NO change in appearance from wrapped fender to unwrapped door. I was blown away! Even where the film does not wrap"

I found similar findings on Bimmer and other groups as well. So is Xpel Ultimate "THE BEST" according to you yes?! I'll go with the Suntek my $0.02

The point isn't the brand so much as the process and the warranty provided. What one detailer will tell you over another regarding what their current preference du jour is will change as new iterations of existing products and newer products are released.

The point is that slapping ppf on without first paint correcting and detailing will add protection but it may look like crap. And to take it further, who does the installation is super important. It sounds like these are all pre cut kits instead of custom cut.

Regarding the cost/benefit. It is worth it for me but may not be for others based on their intended use. I am not a rich guy, this will be my daily and driven in the North East and parked outside for the most part. I also do plan on keeping the car for at least the next 5 years (we'll see if that happens:).

Rock chips do bug me. A lot. I got partial hood on my current car and just above the ppf line on the hood? Rock chips. Full hood or bust this time. I am definitely the OCD type when it comes to keeping my car clean.

And ++++++ to whoever mentioned ceramic coating the wheels and calipers. It does make a huge difference not only in keeping them clean but also for chip protection. Just make sure you use a coating made for that intended purpose.

'18 RS 3 - Gretchen build thread
    '16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2007 B7 RS4 2006 Evo IX MR

And ++++++ to whoever mentioned ceramic coating the wheels and calipers. It does make a huge difference not only in keeping them clean but also for chip protection. Just make sure you use a coating made for that intended purpose.
    THIS!!! I have applied to every set of my wheels and wow what a difference. I apply it using an airbrush gives.. You do go through a bit more of the product but way better/even coverage.

AZ Member #

Umm do both:). Current car has Xpel ultimate and a ceramic pro gold package. RS 3 is getting full xpel front and the new coating du jour from feynlabs.

Ugh, I can't believe it took me this long to figure out who you are in the FB group! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AZ Member #

Ugh, I can't believe it took me this long to figure out who you are in the FB group! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Haha this is Wael, Ryan works at UCC. Needless to say, I'm a very happy customer of theirs.

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

AZ Member #

Haha this is Wael, Ryan works at UCC. Needless to say, I'm a very happy customer of theirs.

Crap. Sooooooo close!!

AZ Member #

Car cleared for release. We have a monroney:).

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Looks like things are finally starting to move.

Active Member Two Rings riko77can's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Prospective RS3 Owners ...

INB4 "Cleared for release" does not mean "released".

But seriously, hope you get it soon and post pics and/or vids!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3, 2003 GTI VRT

Nice. Mine's at the same port, and I just got my sticker on Saturday. Let's hope for good news soon!
    flickr | Instagram | 2003 GTI VRT | 2018 RS3
    VRSociety: Facebook | Instagram

Veteran Member Three Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just got the word that mine is to be released to carrier on the 19th.
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Senior Member Two Rings Nuccadoc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Sienna SE

Changing the tone for a bit.

Quick question for some of you guys. If you had an S4, why are you making the switch to the RS3?
    2018 RS3 | Catalyna Red | DSG | Sport Exhaust | Red Callipers | Black Optics | Black Rotor Wheels | 30% tint | Opticoat Pro+ | Suntek Wrap

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nuccadoc View Post

Quick question for some of you guys. If you had an S4, why are you making the switch to the RS3?
    I've shopped current (B9) and previous gen S4s before, and if the RS3 wasn't coming out, I'd probably be driving a B9 S4 right now.
    Why I chose the RS3: RS model (more special), more power, smaller, lighter, less of a luxo-barge (even though the S4 isn't one, it's much more luxury oriented).

And as a side note: if financial reasons don't work out for the RS3, an S4 lease is my 2nd choice (or say fuck it and go to an M2 :D)

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Keeping my S4 (great car; exclusive nogaro blue, 6MT, AWE exhaust, Stage 1 APR, AK subframe brace, f/r sways, CAI, OZ wheels) and adding RS3!

Senior Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Just got the word that mine is to be released to carrier on the 19th.
    Someone on AW said that the 19th was the 'official release'. I wonder if they are all shipping out that day.

(Though this person also said the 2017s could ship out now, and we haven't seen that).
    2017 RS3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
    Someone on AW said that the 19th was the 'official release'. I wonder if they are all shipping out that day.

(Though this person also said the 2017s could ship out now, and we haven't seen that).
    If I remember, said person said it was up to the dealer to arrange it? Also he was supposed to upload pics of his on Sunday, which I dont think he did.

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

A bunch of "release to carrier" ETAs were apparently automatically updated to this Wednesday. However the cars are still being held at port indefinitely. Nobody, including the person on the other forum, has had their car released yet.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by A3 Turbo View Post
    A bunch of "release to carrier" ETAs were apparently automatically updated to this Wednesday. However the cars are still being held at port indefinitely. Nobody, including the person on the other forum, has had their car released yet.
    Thanks for the update!

Sounds like you don't believe that date change means anything?
    2017 RS3

Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Love my 2013 S4, and will miss the 6 speed manual transmission, but the car is now 5 years old and out of warranty. Test drove the new (B9) S4 and was such a big boring car that it wasn't really an option for me. Also wanted to go back to a smaller, nimbler, and more fun daily car to drive. I still have my 993 with a 6 speed for whenever I have the itch to drive stick.
    Coming: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Current: 2013 S4 / Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / Monsoon / Carbon / 19" Peelers.
    Previous: 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

AZ Member #

This is wicked cool!!!! First real window sticker I've seen!! How, Sir, did you get this!!!??? I'm still trying to figure out how to get the PDF owners manual!! (Every time I enter the VIN it says 'not a valid VIN'! Wth..

AZ Member #

This is wicked cool!!!! First real window sticker I've seen!! How, Sir, did you get this!!!??? I'm still trying to figure out how to get the PDF owners manual!! (Every time I enter the VIN it says 'not a valid VIN'! Wth..

Dealership can provide as soon as it's been generated for your car.

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

Veteran Member Three Rings adamRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got my monroney today as well, also sitting in Davisville. Fingers crossed for carrier release this week!
    2018 RS 3 - Daytona Gray | IG: @adam__rs

Veteran Member Four Rings crazytex21's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My mom just bought an S6 yesterday. I have been driving it the last 2 days and I am craving my fast Audi. My RS can't get here fast enough.

tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

This appears to be a 2018 at a dealership:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWqooq8Bxse/
    2017 RS3

AZ Member #

My RS3 can't get here soon enough

AZ Member #

This appears to be a 2018 at a dealership:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWqooq8Bxse/
    What makes you think that's an '18? Just curious.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

What makes you think that's an '18? Just curious.
    Very few (if any?) of the Audi corporate/event cars that we've seen have been in red with aluoptic, and this dealership just happens to list such a car in their inventory: http://www.audifortmyers.com/new/Aud...fbf789e106.htm
    2017 RS3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Ibis TT-RS (ON ORDER) 2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line 2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD) 2008 Ibis

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post

Whatcha got in the box? Midpipes?
    2018 Glacier White RS3 on order (8/21 production)
    2013 Ibis TT-RS APR Stage 2+
    2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line
    2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD)
    2008 Ibis RS4 (RIP)
    2010 Meteor Grey Q5 S-Line Wifey's car (sold)

AZ Member #

/snip

I know how you feel. I pulled the trigger on some goodies when I got my production week. In hindsight I should have waited, it's killing me looking at it.

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Very few (if any?) of the Audi corporate/event cars that we've seen have been in red with aluoptic, and this dealership just happens to list such a car in their inventory: http://www.audifortmyers.com/new/Aud...fbf789e106.htm
    I just realized mine is listed on my Audi Dealers website

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NoogMan View Post
    Whatcha got in the box? Midpipes?
    Secondary cat deletes

AZ Member #

I know how you feel. I pulled the trigger on some goodies when I got my production week. In hindsight I should have waited, it's killing me looking at it.

What all you got there I have the carl mount, carbon fiber mirror caps, carbon fiber center console, 034 subframe mount inserts, and all weather mats. Last two are from the S3.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 S3

Quote Originally Posted by adamRS View Post
    Got my monroney today as well, also sitting in Davisville. Fingers crossed for carrier release this week!
    Hey someone from NoVA! I'm in Ashburn, expecting my Nardo Grey RS3 at the end of August/early Sept from Tysons Corner. What dealer did you end up going with?

AZ Member #

I'd love to see a shopping list with links? I've not even thought bout aftermarket accessories for my RS!? (Minus tint and ceramic paint protection)

AZ Member #

I'd love to see a shopping list with links? I've not even thought bout aftermarket accessories for my RS!? (Minus tint and ceramic paint protection)

Some things I either have now and love, or wanted and never got for one reason or another.

BFI shift knob to replace the alcantara one: http://store.blackforestindustries.c...s2dshewe4.html

82mm titanium stud conversion kit: http://www.mrgraceco.com/store/p53/M..._of_20%29.html

MSS fully adjustable sport springs kit (definitely what I am looking forward to the most) : http://msskits.com/product/mss-sport...adjustable-kit

Rhoplate, because MA sucks and I want to show off my RS grill: http://www.rhoplate.com/v2.html

Carrying over wheels from my current car, but I ordered a square set of Michelin P4S:

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

AZ Member #

Looks like 2018s' prices have started to pop up around RI. Here is one dealer getting 4!

http://www.newcountrygreenwichaudi.c...validate=false

'16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

AZ Member #

Secondary cat deletes

Hopefully this new 2.5 sounds as good as the old one with secondary cat deleted