Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 4,561 to 4,576 of 4576
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3, 2016 BMW M235i

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares3 View Post
    $24 on Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Yep, I got mine for $24.99 on eBay but as mentioned it looks like they raised the price. Probably an increase in demand from new RS3 owners.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Order placed last Tuesday (08/29/2017), just got the details from my dealer:
    Current ETA 10/30/2017-11/27/2017

Production Week 41 (October 8th).
    Production Complete ETA 10/13/2017.
    Domestic Port Arrived ETA 11/08/2017.
    Released to Carrier ETA 11/11/2017.

Specs: 2018 RS3 (US Market)
    -Daytona Grey Pearl (Black interior w/grey stitching)
    -License Plate Delete
    -leather armrests/kneepads
    -Driver Assist Package
    -Technology Package
    -Dynamic Package
    Last edited by BaltimoreCaesar; 09-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreCaesar View Post
    Order placed last Tuesday (08/29/2017), just got the details from my dealer:
    Current ETA 10/30/2017-11/27/2017

Production Week 41 (October 8th).
    Production Complete ETA 10/13/2017.
    Domestic Port Arrived ETA 11/08/2017.
    Released to Carrier ETA 11/11/2017.

Specs: 2018 RS3 (US Market)
    -Daytona Grey Pearl (Black interior w/grey stitching)
    -License Plate Delete
    -leather armrests/kneepads
    -Driver Assist Package
    -Technology Package
    -Dynamic Package

Wow, that's quick!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Wow, that's quick!
    That's what she said! Seriously though, i was pushing for a earlier delivery and was up front with my dealer that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to wait 4+ months for the RS3. They are a Audi Sport dealer and have sold a a couple RS3's already, so I think that helped them do whatever they had to do (trade?) to get a configurable allocation that early. Before I put my order in, they said they had a mid October delivery RS3 in a config I did not want that was still un-purchased, but was locked to changes. They said that vehicle is still coming to them, so they must have used something else as trade bait. All I know is that I am more than excited right now. One more thing, the day I was at the dealership placing my order, a Audi regional rep was at the dealership and he told my sales guy that they were having a supply issue with the carbon inlays, so the RS3's spec'd with them might be delayed a bit. My model has aluminum trim interior, so I'm assuming that helps.
    Ordered: 2018 RS3 - Daytona Grey (Tech,DriverAssist,Dynamic). Previously: 3 DSMs, Evo IX, etc. Currently: '14 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT CC 4x4 6.2L 6.5' bed

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

One more thing, the day I was at the dealership placing my order, a Audi regional rep was at the dealership and he told my sales guy that they were having a supply issue with the carbon inlays, so the RS3's spec'd with them might be delayed a bit. My model has aluminum trim interior, so I'm assuming that helps.
    I got my allocation last month but my build week is 45. I ordered carbon inlays so wonder if that explains the difference between your build week and mine.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kaner View Post
    I got my allocation last month but my build week is 45. I ordered carbon inlays so wonder if that explains the difference between your build week and mine.
    Same here. Mine has the carbon too

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

That's what she said! Seriously though, i was pushing for a earlier delivery and was up front with my dealer that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to wait 4+ months for the RS3. They are a Audi Sport dealer and have sold a a couple RS3's already, so I think that helped them do whatever they had to do (trade?) to get a configurable allocation that early. Before I put my order in, they said they had a mid October delivery RS3 in a config I did not want that was still un-purchased, but was locked to changes. They said that vehicle is still coming to them, so they must have used something else as trade bait. All I know is that I am more than excited right now. One more thing, the day I was at the dealership placing my order, a Audi regional rep was at the dealership and he told my sales guy that they were having a supply issue with the carbon inlays, so the RS3's spec'd with them might be delayed a bit. My model has aluminum trim interior, so I'm assuming that helps.
    The dreaded carbon inlay delay of 2017. My sales guy put my order in on 4/10/17 and I was the first in line for a 2018 allocation. It sat through May... then June... then July... no allocation or movement. I'm embarrassed to count the number of "any update?" e-mails I sent the poor guy. On 7/18, he was able to talk to the Audi rep, who told him that I *might* be able to get an allocation if I dropped the carbon inlays, because they were causing a delay. I agreed, because they were something I added on a whim, and then it was instantly submitted to the factory.

My build week was 38, but I just got the e-mail saying it's heading to the boat today - so it's 16 days ahead of schedule! This is the first time I've custom ordered a car and I was super anxious and frustrated those first months when I wasn't sure if I was even going to get the car - especially when I was basically standing outside the dealership waving cash in the air.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anybody have the ability to confirm that my car is on the Guangzhou Highway from the comm number? Also, does anybody know why the it has been sailing in a circle for 4 days according to the various tracking websites?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by westmc View Post
    Does anybody have the ability to confirm that my car is on the Guangzhou Highway from the comm number? Also, does anybody know why the it has been sailing in a circle for 4 days according to the various tracking websites?
    MarineTraffic says its heading to Bristol, UK.

Your salesperson should be able to probably get a ship name from your COMM#
    2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/PSE/Sport Chrono
    2018 RS3 - Almost - Cancelled my deposit

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What factory are our cars being manufactured at? Győr, Hungary?
    Ordered: 2018 RS3 - Daytona Grey (Tech,DriverAssist,Dynamic). Previously: 3 DSMs, Evo IX, etc. Currently: '14 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT CC 4x4 6.2L 6.5' bed

Established Member Two Rings Ethernaut05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What factory are our cars being manufactured at? Győr, Hungary?
    That's the one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings adamRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's correct, however I am curious why the RS 3 has a VIN associated with Germany whereas my old TT RS was also built in Gyor and had a VIN that started with TR (Hungary)
    2018 RS 3 - Daytona Gray | IG: @adam__rs

Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adamRS View Post
    That's correct, however I am curious why the RS 3 has a VIN associated with Germany whereas my old TT RS was also built in Gyor and had a VIN that started with TR (Hungary)
    Good point. I wonder the same thing.
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasoso View Post
    Good point. I wonder the same thing.
    I went to Gyor Hungary on August 28 for a factory tour and asked them the same question. Haha. I still have no answer.

Veteran Member Four Rings crazytex21's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post
    I went to Gyor Hungary on August 28 for a factory tour and asked them the same question. Haha. I still have no answer.
    You may have seen my car. It was finished on 8/29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vdr13 View Post
    Beauty!! My exterior configuration is exactly the same.

If you have the carbon engine cover does that mean you have the fixed sport suspension too?
    outstanding! congrats. i just bought the same car...pick up in 2 days!!