Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Oh yaaay, this thread and Doug are back.
    LOL!!

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AsherAudi View Post
    I completely understand where OP is coming from as I test drove the S5 and RS5 back-to-back and was initially wowed by the S5 as it definitely felt faster, even in bone stock form. I drove the S5 first, then the RS5 and was ready to commit to the S5 but as impulsive decisions are rarely great ones, I decided to sleep on it a few days. After the test drive, the cars were lined up and the sales guy and I talked about them both and I was surprised as he pointed out all the subtle differences yet still I went home thinking the S5 would be the choice for me as the instant torque of the S5 was really impressive and they just didn't seem $20k different.

Over the next few days, my memory of driving the 2 cars were boiled down to just a few key moments:
    S5 = short powerful bursts of instant acceleration
    RS5 = the sound of the engine at 7-8000rpm

I kept asking myself which car do I want to drive again? - and surprisingly all I could think about was winding the RS5 engine back to 8500rpm to hear that sound. I also felt that the S5's instant torque would make me drive it like an idiot all the time while the RS5 would allow me to drive it responsibly and choose my spots better. And with Launch Control (which I've only used once to this day), the RS DOES have neck-snapping acceleration capabilities. Ultimately I felt like I'd get bored quickly doing the same short 2000-6000rpm blasts in the S5 while the RS engine was more dynamic, controllable and flexible.

I do wish there were more mods for the RS5 as my friend has a tuned SQ5 and I'm sure it's probably faster in a straight-line. But when he asks if I want to drive it, I usually pass as a 6000rpm redline car just doesn't seem that exciting to me when you're used to one with an 8500 redline. I read these threads on AZ and someone said "how many RS5 owners wished they bought an S5 instead?" vs vice versa and it's true for me. While the RS improvements over the S5 are subtle, they add up, I appreciate subtlety and I just seem to keep finding more (body panels, engine, suspension upgrades, better differential, bigger brakes, active spoiler etc).

For my purposes as a daily-driver I couldn't be happier with the RS as it's a rare car you don't see everywhere, has wonderful handling capabilities despite it's weight and makes a perfect combo of usability and performance. Yes, it would be nice if it went 0-60 in 3 secs but I've seen Youtube videos where it records 3.8-3.9 with Launch Control and more importantly, living in Austin isn't a street-race haven. I realize a tuned S5 or even new Mustang GT is faster but last time I checked, life isn't a race and to each their own - if you're fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy a car of your choice, buy what YOU enjoy and don't worry what "other people" think or say.

As for M3, M4 etc - this video is priceless as it shows a drag race on slightly wet pavement between a last gen M3, new-gen M4 and RS5:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNuoBtGSyY

well said!
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE Non Res | Ecodes |Modulare| CF AERO
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

IG@ RS_Five

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Window sticker on my RS5 coupe was 83k. Didn't know S5's went for $73k.
    Dealer markup isn't msrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings mcbuck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    couple of Jeeps and a 328 cab

Buck
    Sent from this little electronic gizmo
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, center res delete, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LED, 034 RSB, H&R sport, 10mm, V-FF 103
    GONE - B7 A4 quatro, 2.0T, 6MT, 250K....dropped, tuned, and everything else

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mcbuck View Post

Buck
    Oh the irony .. what's the thread title again ? Oh yeah never mind

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Haha, love ya Doug ❤️. We're all enthusiasts.

Buck
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, center res delete, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LED, 034 RSB, H&R sport, 10mm, V-FF 103

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by doug97gxe View Post
    Dealer markup isn't msrp

Ben has an Exclusive pack IIRC
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    $71k is a BASE price before ANY option packages. I've seen literally 50-60 RS5 window stickers when I was shopping for months for mine and the lowest I ever saw was $76k. Some version of the MMI package is required which runs 2-4k, most people add some combo of black optics, 20" rotor wheels, sport exhaust etc for another 2-3k, 1k destination charge on all US models, Cabriolets were another $5-6k etc. It's not exactly the type of car people order completely stripped of any options. They changed up the packages each model year between 2013-15 but regardless they always check in around 76-79k. Mine was slightly higher simply due to $4k exclusive paint though I did see a $91k Sport Edition Coupe due to audi exclusive paint AND interior.

On the Used market today a 2013 RS could probably be had for less than $10k more than a newer S5 though. Worth it? Obviously, as mentioned previously, to some people yes, to others no. I don't think of one or the other as the significantly "faster" car as clearly the S5 Stage 2 accelerates faster but they are completely different animals nonetheless and not worth arguing about which is "better." Buy the one you like and be happy that you get to drive an amazing car, as either is nicer than most people will ever get to experience in their lifetimes.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

$71k is a BASE price before ANY option packages. I've seen literally 50-60 RS5 window stickers when I was shopping for months for mine and the lowest I ever saw was $76k. Some version of the MMI package is required which runs 2-4k, most people add some combo of black optics, 20" rotor wheels, sport exhaust etc for another 2-3k, 1k destination charge on all US models, Cabriolets were another $5-6k etc. It's not exactly the type of car people order completely stripped of any options. They changed up the packages each model year between 2013-15 but regardless they always check in around 76-79k. Mine was slightly higher simply due to $4k exclusive paint though I did see a $91k Sport Edition Coupe due to audi exclusive paint AND interior.

On the Used market today a 2013 RS could probably be had for less than $10k more than a newer S5 though. Worth it? Obviously, as mentioned previously, to some people yes, to others no. I don't think of one or the other as the significantly "faster" car as clearly the S5 Stage 2 accelerates faster but they are completely different animals nonetheless and not worth arguing about which is "better." Buy the one you like and be happy that you get to drive an amazing car, as either is nicer than most people will ever get to experience in their lifetimes.
    Just as a point of reference, the MSRP on my 2013 Cabriolet was just shy of $89,000.00 @ $88,720.00 w/o Ceramic Brakes as an option, just sayin'.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Haha, love ya Doug ❤️. We're all enthusiasts.

Buck
    lol .. all fun.. i think some people take me too seriously sometimes.. like that you have a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    i don't know exactly what deals Tommy gives ... but they sure do look nice

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

there is also an SQ5 close to $100k on this forum too

AZ Member #

asher must be new around here and doesn't know my man douggiefresh. heh.
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: Toyo / ECS / Pollen / Thule / Birdshit /Scratches / NAV+ / Broken Camera / Springs that I never mounted / BC Forged / etc.

Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

Registered Member One Ring keinmitleid's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I drove the S5 first, then the RS5 and was ready to commit to the S5 but as impulsive decisions are rarely great ones, I decided to sleep on it a few days.
    Jeez! Lucky down in TX. Here in NOVA you don't get even a day to think about a car, they get sold so freakin' fast.

'12 Focus SE
    997.2s Cab
    B8.5 S5

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    asher must be new around here and doesn't know my man douggiefresh. heh.

Senior Member Four Rings Hippyshakes's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Mercedes M350

Still have Dousch... er Doug blocked. Can't remember why but it's coming to me....
    Build Thread []RS5
    Stock: 2014 RS5 Cabriolet | Panther Black Crystal | Driver Assist | MMI Pkg. | Alu Optic
    Mods: Signature SV302's 20"x10.5| Capristo Exhaust | eCodes | Eventuri Intake-Manifold-Slam Panel |

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Wait did someone say something? No? Ok carry on

Established Member Two Rings a4ced's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wait did someone say something? No? Ok carry on

Hahaha got em

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Correct me if I'm wrong but what was the title of this thread again? Oh, that's right it's all ~ SQ5's & their sticker prices. Just want to poke the Opossum. Something ~ irony rings a bell as well, comparing, other brands to Audi's, & that this thread was ~ RS5's, but what do I know. If only there was a way to go back & review post, ah well, maybe I'm wrong.
    I find this mildly entertaining. Like another individual, I find myself unable to resist the urge to post something, anything, provided it evokes a response. Some might call that a "Contrarian" but again, what do I know.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but what was the title of this thread again? Oh, that's right it's all ~ SQ5's & their sticker prices. Just want to poke the Opossum. Something ~ irony rings a bell as well, comparing, other brands to Audi's, & that this thread was ~ RS5's, but what do I know. If only there was a way to go back & review post, ah well, maybe I'm wrong.
    I find this mildly entertaining. Like another individual, I find myself unable to resist the urge to post something, anything, provided it evokes a response. Some might call that a "Contrarian" but again, what do I know.
    It's ok jump in the water is fine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

It's ok jump in the water is fine

My opinion changed entirely after reviewing the video U put in ~ the young man who bought his dad a new car. Some times people take things to seriously, like MCBuck said, just a forum w/plenty of enthusiastits.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

My opinion changed entirely after reviewing the video U put in ~ the young man who bought his dad a new car. Some times people take things to seriously, like MCBuck said, just a forum w/plenty of enthusiastits.
    Also keep in mind Buck and HMS are used to my antics and know I mean no harm

Senior Member Four Rings Hippyshakes's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Mercedes M350

RS5 goodness...

Build Thread []RS5
    Stock: 2014 RS5 Cabriolet | Panther Black Crystal | Driver Assist | MMI Pkg. | Alu Optic
    Mods: Signature SV302's 20"x10.5| Capristo Exhaust | eCodes | Eventuri Intake-Manifold-Slam Panel |

Veteran Member Four Rings shonseb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi A4 P+ competition plus, '15 Audi A3, '05 Camry

The RS5 sucks, nothing special about it. Nobody gives it a second look.... especially when there's an S5 around.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 BMW X5 5.0 M Sport, Mclaren 570S, 1993 Porsche 930 Turbo, 1998 Porsche 911 turbo S, 2014 RS5

Ya, S5 is perfect, for a wife, girlfriend or daughters first car. They're cute.

RS5 is a car for someone that doesn't care if it's balls to the wall fast, likes the way it looks and sounds. Wants something fun and different without being flashy or pretentious. The RS5 is a double take car. Not over the top, a lot people won't look twice at it. That's why I like it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ya'll are going to give Doug a seizure

Buck
    BUCK

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Ya'll are going to give Doug a seizure

Buck
    I don't even have an S5 anymore

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

I don't even have an S5 anymore

Ok, I'll bite, what pray tell are you driving now? Picture (recent, very recent) = proof.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Ok, I'll bite, what pray tell are you driving now? Picture (recent, very recent) = proof.
    The white SUV on the end.. took this today from the AZ C&C meet up

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

that RR with full bolt ons must be faster than the S5 for sure. Right Doug?
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE Non Res | Ecodes |Modulare| CF AERO
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

IG@ RS_Five

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    that RR with full bolt ons must be faster than the S5 for sure. Right Doug?
    I can't afford an RS5 so I can't afford to mod a RR

AZ Member #

I can't afford an RS5 so I can't afford to mod a RR

stage II RR with dual belts and sigle pulleys faster than rs5 herrderrderr
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: Toyo / ECS / Pollen / Thule / Birdshit /Scratches / NAV+ / Broken Camera / Springs that I never mounted / BC Forged / etc.

Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    stage II RR with dual belts and sigle pulleys faster than rs5 herrderrderr
    hmmm.. is this for the Supercharged v8?

Veteran Member Four Rings chrissurfr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Range Rover....what every valet owner in Houston drives.
    2017 Cement Grey TRD Pro 4runner
    2014 Suzuka Grey RS5 >:)
    • Lots of black satin wrapped stuff
    • AWE Track Exhaust with center muffler straight piped
    • H&R Street Coilovers
    • BBS CH R - Titanium finish
    • eCode headlights
    • funky floormats
    • Eventuri intake
    • Carbon fiber seat trim
    • Carbon fiber dash trim

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Couple of my buddies valet it's a respectable profession

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

cash run businesses that dodge taxes, mess up people's personal property, and have rampant theft of customer property inside the vehicle sure are lol
    • H&R Street Coilovers
    • eCode headlights
    • funky floormats
    • Eventuri intake
    • Carbon fiber seat trim
    • Carbon fiber dash trim

Veteran Member Four Rings shonseb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi A4 P+ competition plus, '15 Audi A3, '05 Camry

Couple of my buddies valet it's a respectable profession

That's why all of us on the forums choose to have our cars valet parked

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I would def pick up a part time valet gig if I had the time .. easy money

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

curious question....why are you still here? you don't own an Audi anymore....
    • H&R Street Coilovers
    • eCode headlights
    • funky floormats
    • Eventuri intake
    • Carbon fiber seat trim
    • Carbon fiber dash trim

AZ Member #
    My Garage

He loves us, it's the camaraderie and sense of brotherhood. Plus they prob don't have a sense of humor on the RR forums.

Buck
    BUCK

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

He loves us, it's the camaraderie and sense of brotherhood. Plus they prob don't have a sense of humor on the RR forums.

Buck
    Hit the nail on the head .. I must say though I was pretty shocked some technical folks up there was able to install my dash cam with ease