Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Active Member Three Rings Karbon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    Thanks! They are edited, but nothing crazy. I enjoy editing, but unless I'm really feeling a photo, I tend to rush it. Camera is a Canon 60D, and the lens was Sigma Art 18-35. It's a great lens if you only got one. I also have a Canon 70-200, Sigma Art 50 and Canon 10-22. I only started a few years ago, and only for the cars. It's a lot of fun, but it is a good bit of work to learn how to properly use the gear. But totally worth it for the long term.
    Nice,Seems the lens and add ons cost more then the camera itself ! Lol

I think I'm going to buy one,If you were to get a camera and one lens. You would go with the 60D and the sigma 18-35 to start with ?
    2013 CTS-V - 770whp - 9.75@141 [Sold]
    2005 EVO - 745whp - 9.5 @ 149 [Sold]
    2006 GTO - 542whp - 10.3 @ 130 [Sold]
    2015 Wrx - 398whp - 11.6 @ 117 [Sold]

2017 Audi S3

Airlift performance suspension - Rotiform INDT / 3 piece / Candy black - TAG Motorsports custom badges - Titanium lug nuts - 034 Carbon Fiber intake - RS3 Air vents - Milltek Exhaust

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The snow video sounds pretty pretty good!!

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Mops '17 S3 Build/Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karbon View Post

I think I'm going to buy one,If you were to get a camera and one lens. You would go with the 60D and the sigma 18-35 to start with ?
    The lens is what matters most. You want to buy a body only. None of that kit lens poop. For you I think the Canon 17-55 2.8 is best. 60D is fine. Even T5i. I'm honestly not up on the latest bodies at all. I loved that 17-55 though. I'll post a pic taken with it.

@bknewtype Please add. I'm about to hit the road. Actually going after a new MBP 15. Anybody have one?

Mops on the move
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Crap. Those don't look good posted from the phone. Look for those in my flickr and pop them open.

Mops on the move
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Veteran Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 C300 4Matic
    Items for Sale

While 60d is a great camera for what it is/at the time, it is also very old. Discontinued and can only get it used. If u could drop a few more pennies, id def suggest getting the 70d , which is a 60d replacement

18-35 is a great lens but very limited for an only lens. As mops suggested a 17-55 would b better as the range is larger.

At the end it really depends what kind of style u wanna shoot. I personally prefer primes ( fixed lens) so i have a few lens i carry with me. 50 1.4 is a great starter and all around prime lens. But for a super beginner primes might not be easy to use

These are shot with a 50 1.4 prime lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 2017 Audi TTS Mythos Black/ Express Red
    034 | H & R | JB1 | Lift kit
    Past:
    2009 Audi R8 Phantom Black | Nero Satin Pearl
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire Black Build Thread
    2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

IG: bknewtype Flickr

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bknewtype View Post
    While 60d is a great camera for what it is/at the time, it is also very old. Discontinued and can only get it used. If u could drop a few more pennies, id def suggest getting the 70d , which is a 60d replacement

18-35 is a great lens but very limited for an only lens. As mops suggested a 17-55 would b better as the range is larger.

At the end it really depends what kind of style u wanna shoot. I personally prefer primes ( fixed lens) so i have a few lens i carry with me. 50 1.4 is a great starter and all around prime lens. But for a super beginner primes might not be easy to use

These are shot with a 50 1.4 prime lens

Those look great! I have to do some research and learn a bit more. I didn't realize the lens was so important. I thought the camera was the biggest part lol

So basically I would buy the 70D camera and then just add different lens to it for specific shots ?

What's the difference between the 17-55 and the 50 1.4 ? Im assuming clarity and zoom capabilities. I love when people blur the surroundings like that. Looks awesome

@Mops They definitely look better on Flickr. But the motorcycle on here is still pretty damn clear. Better then I can accomplish from the iPhone lol

2017 Audi S3

Airlift performance suspension - Rotiform INDT / 3 piece / Candy black - TAG Motorsports custom badges - Titanium lug nuts - 034 Carbon Fiber intake - RS3 Air vents - Milltek Exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 C300 4Matic
    Items for Sale

Those look great! I have to do some research and learn a bit more. I didn't realize the lens was so important. I thought the camera was the biggest part lol

So basically I would buy the 70D camera and then just add different lens to it for specific shots ?

What's the difference between the 17-55 and the 50 1.4 ? Im assuming clarity and zoom capabilities. I love when people blur the surroundings like that. Looks awesome

@Mops They definitely look better on Flickr. But the motorcycle on here is still pretty damn clear. Better then I can accomplish from the iPhone lol
    There is a lot to learn with photography. If you are just into point and shoot, id suggest a sony mirrorless camera

They sell both body only and body with kit lens. Usually kit lens are very basic and quality is not that great ( colors, sharpness, etc)

Correct a 17-55 2.8 has the ability to go as wide as 17 and zoom as much as 55. Lowest aperture is 2.8 ( lower the number the more blurry the bg is ). The 17-55 cant mimic the 50 1.4 as it can only go as low as 2.8. However since it can have a constant 2.8 it may b very valuable to b able to achieve pics zoomed into 55 and zoomed out with 17.

At the end it really depends what kind of style u want but most def as a beginner to photography id choose a zoom lens. 17-55 is pretty versatile.

Current: 2017 Audi TTS Mythos Black/ Express Red
    034 | H & R | JB1 | Lift kit
    Past:
    2009 Audi R8 Phantom Black | Nero Satin Pearl
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire Black Build Thread
    2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

IG: bknewtype Flickr

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Mike I'd get the 7D and that 17-55. 2.8 will provide the blur you're looking for. While you're at it, grab the 50 f/1.4. It's only like $325 I think, and it's a fun lens. You should visit B&H sometime. That is where I like to order most of my stuff from, and you can visit in person. I ended up ordering the MBP from them earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilfer View Post
    Love the shots, CH-R's look awesome caked in snow.
    They looked like snow flakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sphawkins007 View Post
    This is the first time I've looked at the S3 and thought oooh I do want spacers for mine.
    I always push out to the fender. The SQ actually has some poke at the rear. Looks are improved from every angle. Spacers are fun to play with :)

Quote Originally Posted by demonmk2 View Post
    Those are some great pics. We didn't really get anything in Charlotte, just a dusting:-(
    But February is right around the corner >:)
    Thanks! We ended up getting at least 7 inches. I've had my fun, and I'm ready for it to go haha. I'd like one more of the same, so I can take the SQ out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonegro View Post
    The snow video sounds pretty pretty good!!
    I thought so too! Especially using an iPhone from a good distance.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    17 S3 Nano Gray

Photography can get expensive real quick buying nice stuff. I've got a T2i with 18-55 and 70-200 lenses...purchased with Marriot reward points

It could take much better pics if I spent the time to educate myself. I did once a few years ago to take night pics while in key west and it paid off...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamis4 View Post
    Photography can get expensive real quick buying nice stuff. I've got a T2i with 18-55 and 70-200 lenses...purchased with Marriot reward points

It could take much better pics if I spent the time to educate myself. I did once a few years ago to take night pics while in key west and it paid off...
    It can for sure! I have like $3,500 in my 4 lenses alone. But like I said, they're really important. You should really consider a new lens at some point. That 17-55 would really impress you. Editing software helps a ton too. I have Lightroom and love it. It's everything a hobbyist needs, and around $100 IIRC. I'm certainly not great, but it's a lot of fun to shoot and edit.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bknewtype View Post
    There is a lot to learn with photography. If you are just into point and shoot, id suggest a sony mirrorless camera

They sell both body only and body with kit lens. Usually kit lens are very basic and quality is not that great ( colors, sharpness, etc)

Correct a 17-55 2.8 has the ability to go as wide as 17 and zoom as much as 55. Lowest aperture is 2.8 ( lower the number the more blurry the bg is ). The 17-55 cant mimic the 50 1.4 as it can only go as low as 2.8. However since it can have a constant 2.8 it may b very valuable to b able to achieve pics zoomed into 55 and zoomed out with 17.

At the end it really depends what kind of style u want but most def as a beginner to photography id choose a zoom lens. 17-55 is pretty versatile.

Mike I'd get the 7D and that 17-55. 2.8 will provide the blur you're looking for. While you're at it, grab the 50 f/1.4. It's only like $325 I think, and it's a fun lens. You should visit B&H sometime. That is where I like to order most of my stuf from.
    I'm going to start pricing everything out,I appreciate the help from you both! That is enough information to point me in the right direction so i have a clue lol - It definitely starts to add up fast once you get more then one lens. But ill keep everything for a long time,So i don't mind

2017 Audi S3

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

I'm going to start pricing everything out,I appreciate the help from you both! That is enough information to point me in the right direction so i have a clue lol - It definitely starts to add up fast once you get more then one lens. But ill keep everything for a long time,So i don't mind
    Exactly. These are longterm purchases. I could have my current glass for 10 more years. Body... who knows. It's a fun and healthy hobby lol.

7D
    17-55 2.8
    50 1.4
    Canon batter grip
    Extra OE batter for grip

Bag and tripod at some point. Hit B&H and you'll be hooked! And those guys know their stuff.

Veteran Member Four Rings EnigmaS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Makes me want to try and learn a lil photography.

Your DC/MD/VA Realtor

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaS5 View Post
    Makes me want to try and learn a lil photography.

We could easily get you up and going fast. Truly is nice to have, and you'll carry the skills until the booze and blow take us out.

AZ Member #

We could easily get you up and going fast. Truly is nice to have, and you'll carry the skills until the booze and blow take us out.
    Hahaha! Would be a blast. Think I'm mostly hung up on the cost of entry and if I ended up not keeping up with it. Need more fun coupons

Your DC/MD/VA Realtor

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaS5 View Post
    Hahaha! Would be a blast. Think I'm mostly hung up on the cost of entry and if I ended up not keeping up with it. Need more fun coupons

T5i and 17-55 would do you just fine. $1,250 and done. And we could help you find refurb or slightly used too.

Mike - This said, the Canon refurb program is great! And this spot is killer for gently used gear at 30% off.... http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

AZ Member #

T5i and 17-55 would do you just fine. $1,250 and done. And we could help you find refurb or slightly used too.

Mike - This said, the Canon refurb program is great! And this spot is killer for gently used gear at 30% off.... http://photography-on-the.net/forum/
    I looked into that site,The marketplace is huge. They have a used 17-55 2.8 as well :)

On a side note,Besides going to the dealer. How can I buy a new ECU ? Any places selling those that you know of ?

2017 Audi S3

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

I looked into that site,The marketplace is huge. They have a used 17-55 2.8 as well :)

On a side note,Besides going to the dealer. How can I buy a new ECU ? Any places selling those that you know of ?
    It is! And never any shady crap or BS. I actually bought mine there.

No a clue, unless @agautohaus can help.

AZ Member #

Yeah they seem legit,Some people are selling packages with multiple lens as well as the camera. Thanks for the link

Oh ok,I'll look into agautohaus !

2017 Audi S3

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Hmmmm new ECU is tricky, @Karbon unfortunately I may be able to get you the hardware but the flash will be an arm and a leg at the dealership. I have a guy who can clone ECUs but I'm not sure if he can do it for every model and he probably won't guarantee that it will work shoot me a PM with more info if needed, I can look into it.
    aka: drumnjuny
    IG: @ag_autohaus
    www.agautohaus.com

PM me for deals on ecodes and other import parts!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by agautohaus View Post
    Hmmmm new ECU is tricky, @Karbon unfortunately I may be able to get you the hardware but the flash will be an arm and a leg at the dealership. I have a guy who can clone ECUs but I'm not sure if he can do it for every model and he probably won't guarantee that it will work shoot me a PM with more info if needed, I can look into it.
    I'm not sure I will need to flash the new one. I want to flash different tunes on the spare one and do some testing :)

I'll shoot you a Pm! Thanks

2017 Audi S3

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm not sure I will need to flash the new one. I want to flash different tunes on the spare one and do some testing :)

I'll shoot you a Pm! Thanks
    PM replied before I saw this unfortunately whatever ECU u get will need to be cloned and flashed off your old ECU with the immobilizer removed. That's about the only way to not go through Audi.
    aka: drumnjuny
    IG: @ag_autohaus
    www.agautohaus.com

PM me for deals on ecodes and other import parts!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    17 S3 Nano Gray

^^^ I miss the old days when I could just swap the ECU out for my B5S4 during warranty work...not so easy and convenient nowadays.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Solid sale on these if anyone sees something

Mops on the move

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by agautohaus View Post
    PM replied before I saw this unfortunately whatever ECU u get will need to be cloned and flashed off your old ECU with the immobilizer removed. That's about the only way to not go through Audi.
    Sounds like a pita. Appreciate the follow ups on PM - I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with.

2017 Audi S3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you have pics of an RG-R on an Audi? I like the "idea" of forged rims, but I like your CH-R's enough that I may compromise...

EDIT: duh, just google Audi RG-R. This thread has got me so conditioned to seeing the best pics possible that I end up forgetting to do stuff myself. It's like what GPS did for people's sense of direction

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by JonasJSchreiber View Post
    Do you have pics of an RG-R on an Audi? I like the "idea" of forged rims, but I like your CH-R's enough that I may compromise...

EDIT: duh, just google Audi RG-R. This thread has got me so conditioned to seeing the best pics possible that I end up forgetting to do stuff myself. It's like what GPS did for people's sense of direction
    Lol!! These are not only forged rims, but SUPER light (19.8 IIRC) die-forged rims. Best of the best. That 19x8 ET42 would work great. Only needs a re-drill. 8" on 245 with 5mm spacers would look so hot.
    Last edited by Mops@SupremePower; 01-10-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Mops, why do I want forged rims? Are NJ potholes a good enough excuse to justify the increase in price? I'll be comfortable financially either way, but I can't stomach wasteful spending

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by JonasJSchreiber View Post
    Mops, why do I want forged rims? Are NJ potholes a good enough excuse to justify the increase in price? I'll be comfortable financially either way, but I can't stomach wasteful spending
    Because baller? In this case, I can sell you the RG-R for the same price as the CH-R, which is nuts. Lighter wheels improve acceleration, handling and mpg. And they're super strong.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

...I can sell you the RG-R for the same price as the CH-R, which is nuts...
    Damn you Mops! Someone mentioned earlier that watching your thread would be dangerous 😃

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Very sorry....

Not even a bit

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    17 S3 Nano Gray

Ugh...can we cancel my order and switch to these

Established Member Two Rings HBird's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This man's threads are worse than a needle and spoon. He's gotten me twice already.

Established Member Two Rings jackhossross's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 3.0 Audi Q7

Watching this thread is dangerous haha

'13 VW R || '13 Audi Q5

www.instagram.com/jackhossross

Looking for Q5 Lowering Static Lowering System - email: jack.ross(at)pga.com

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jackhossross View Post
    Watching this thread is dangerous haha

You have no idea, wanting to buy wheels and suspension is one thing. Going out to buy a whole new car is another. The guy has got skills. His thread got me 1.5 times in a week.
    2017 S6 Sepang Blue
    2017 SQ5 Sepang Blue
    2003 A4 Avant 2.7T Polar White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamis4 View Post
    Ugh...can we cancel my order and switch to these
    I suppose you can try and line up a buyer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nefkntym View Post
    You have no idea, wanting to buy wheels and suspension is one thing. Going out to buy a whole new car is another. The guy has got skills. His thread got me 1.5 times in a week.
    Ha! I hope you're enjoying the 6.

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools
    Items for Sale

I suppose you can try and line up a buyer lol.

Ha! I hope you're enjoying the 6.
    I am, but I got the SQ5 4 days before the S6. That was in the beginning of your thread. Actually from your other thread, this picture and redheads plague me like Kryptonite.

Loving the progress you are making with the S and the SQ buddy.
    Last edited by nefkntym; 01-11-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    2017 S6 Sepang Blue
    2017 SQ5 Sepang Blue
    2003 A4 Avant 2.7T Polar White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by nefkntym View Post
    I am, but I got the SQ5 4 days before the S6. That was in the beginning of your thread. Actually from your other thread, this picture and redheads plague me like Kryptonite.

Loving the progress you are making with the S and the SQ buddy.
    That's funny. I suppose I'm doing my job correctly.

Thanks! Loving this S3, and pumped to scoop the new SQ.

AZ Member #

Really liked that setup on the SQ

Your DC/MD/VA Realtor

AZ Member #

Mops is loaded

2017 Audi S3