Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Mercedes E350

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
    haha oops! Important fact!
    Don't know about the S4 pricing but looks like they just dropped the A5 coupe pricing on AudiUSA. Along with the configurator link that doesn't work. Why so backwards Audi NA?

Active Member Two Rings VipinLJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by photographer143 View Post
    Don't know about the S4 pricing but looks like they just dropped the A5 coupe pricing on AudiUSA. Along with the configurator link that doesn't work. Why so backwards Audi NA?
    The A5 configurator works!!!!
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier white/Black/Achat gray birch, Driver Assistance pack, Sport pack, 20" Black Optic pack, Cold weather pack

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight blue/Nougat brown/gray oak, Tech pack, Cold weather pack

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2013 Audi A6 Prestige - Oolong Gray/Gray/Aluminium, DAP, 20" Sport pack, Cold weather pack, Warm weather pack --- SOLD

Senior Member Three Rings audinator's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9A4, B5A4, 91 CRX, 13 ToyTun
    Items for Sale

Looks like real quattro on A5, not ultra, and manual available from now. Alcantara interior option would be nice.
    2017 B9 A4 2.0T | quattro | s-tronic
    2000 B5 A4 1.8T | quattro | 5-speed | UltraSport
    . . . and many other Audi's over the years . . .

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by audinator View Post
    Looks like real quattro on A5, not ultra, and manual available from now. Alcantara interior option would be nice.
    Yeah, the DSG A5 will keep "real" quattro, but the manual gets quattro ultra. Pretty weird to see this departure when both auto/manual versions of the A4 have ultra.

Per Audi's site:

A5 models equipped with the S tronic® transmission and S5 models with the Tiptronic® automatic transmission command drive torque through a self-locking center differential, with a basic ratio of 40:60 front to rear, and wheel-selective torque control.

New for 2018, A5 models equipped with the six-speed manual offer the new quattro® with ultra® technology. The technology utilizes an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch along with a decoupling rear axle differential to achieve fully variable torque distribution. This quattro system with ultra technology allows for intelligent, proactive control of the all-wheel drive system to help predictively modify the torque application as the driver demands or the road conditions require.

-Hayden

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

back on topic ...

tick tock, tick tock, where all the S4's at? lol

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audinator View Post
    back on topic ...

tick tock, tick tock, where all the S4's at? lol
    Don't they do this every year? They wait until they announce all of the models for the year at once before you can build one. Though it is odd there is no info on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Went to visit the dealer here last week as our 2012 Q7 is now past warranty and we are looking for our next vehicle. After looking at the available Q5's, sales guy lets me know that they have a couple of 2018 S4's that they pre-spec'd on there way. I always wanted one of these and when the wife gave me the OK, I put my deposit down next to one.

I am located in Canada and I was told that the delivery was expected on March 7th. Does this seem realistic for a Canadian delivery???

The spec is as follows:
    - Navarra Blue, Technik Package, Rotor Grey Interior, Carbon atlas inlays, Non red calipers
    - No drivers assistant package (Not sure I would ever use the ACC and didn't feel like forking over for the added cost.... mistake??? Doesn't matter much anyway as it was a pre-spec'd car already in transit)
    - It has sports differential and dynamic steering
    - No adjustable dampers (I have not seen any reviews about adj vs non-adj, so not sure what to expect here??? Anyone know what this may be like??? Again, this car was pre-spec'd so not much choice if I wanted to stick with this car)

Other than my wife's Q7, I have not had a non-manual transmission vehicle in 15 years (2003 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2004 Tacoma TRD, 2009 Subaru STi, and a 2014 Tacoma TRD which is my current daily driver until the S4 gets here) Hoping the S4 other attributes make up for not having a manual. The Q7 has the ZF-HP8 in it, so I am familiar with that. Hoping it is programmed a little sportier than in the Q7.

One last questions the dealer could not answer as they have not been given the full details yet... Anyone know if the sports seats have the pneumatic bolster adjustments and massage feature for a Canadian spec vehicle???

Thanks! Looking forward to this one. Will put some thoughts on it here once it arrives. May have some more questions in the meantime.

K

Established Member Two Rings mystik4l06's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kingby View Post
    Went to visit the dealer here last week as our 2012 Q7 is now past warranty and we are looking for our next vehicle. After looking at the available Q5's, sales guy lets me know that they have a couple of 2018 S4's that they pre-spec'd on there way. I always wanted one of these and when the wife gave me the OK, I put my deposit down next to one.

I am located in Canada and I was told that the delivery was expected on March 7th. Does this seem realistic for a Canadian delivery???

The spec is as follows:
    - Navarra Blue, Technik Package, Rotor Grey Interior, Carbon atlas inlays, Non red calipers
    - No drivers assistant package (Not sure I would ever use the ACC and didn't feel like forking over for the added cost.... mistake??? Doesn't matter much anyway as it was a pre-spec'd car already in transit)
    - It has sports differential and dynamic steering
    - No adjustable dampers (I have not seen any reviews about adj vs non-adj, so not sure what to expect here??? Anyone know what this may be like??? Again, this car was pre-spec'd so not much choice if I wanted to stick with this car)

Other than my wife's Q7, I have not had a non-manual transmission vehicle in 15 years (2003 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2004 Tacoma TRD, 2009 Subaru STi, and a 2014 Tacoma TRD which is my current daily driver until the S4 gets here) Hoping the S4 other attributes make up for not having a manual. The Q7 has the ZF-HP8 in it, so I am familiar with that. Hoping it is programmed a little sportier than in the Q7.

One last questions the dealer could not answer as they have not been given the full details yet... Anyone know if the sports seats have the pneumatic bolster adjustments and massage feature for a Canadian spec vehicle???

Thanks! Looking forward to this one. Will put some thoughts on it here once it arrives. May have some more questions in the meantime.

K
    Congrats!! From what I've seen in the Canadian order guides, The pneumatic seats are an option that needs to be ticked off for you guys. For us in the US it comes standard because of course, They want more money straight out of the base price.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Batman0424's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by mystik4l06 View Post
    Alright fellas let's get the ball rolling. My guy called and it was put on the carrier yesterday and it's on its way to the dealership as I write this. Vehicle will be picked up sometime next week. He is pushing for Monday/Tuesday since I'll be off those days. All the government bullshit was approved yesterday. All vehicles have been cleared to leave port. To those whom ordered!!!! Congrats!! And let's set up a meet and show off the new S4s

Any updates here? Excited to hear some first impressions and see more pics.
    2015 Audi S4 | DSG | Florett Silver | Black Leather / Alcantara | B&O
    Mods: EPL Dual Pulley + TCU | AWE Touring Exhaust | ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake | TSW Bathhurst GM 19x9.5 | H&R OE | Bilstein Dampers | CR-15 Strut Tower Brace | 034 Motorsport Rear Sway, End Links & Drivetrain Mounts
    Pending: JHM High Flow Cats

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Spoke to my dealer on Saturday and he said all the S4's at port in the Northeast region are still on hold according the Audi locator. He also said there's still no pricing on the order guide and that the window stickers have not been printed as of yet. In my mind, that makes delivery this week pretty questionable.

Just passing on what I was told...
    Griffin Motorwerke | Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust
    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: milltek@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I spoke to my buddy who has dealer connections. The S4's have started to arrive at dealers as of yesterday. However, I was told they are just the dealer demos. I have some pictures of the S4 that arrived at the PA dealer yesterday, but I'm not sure how to post these.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JKarlo View Post
    I spoke to my buddy who has dealer connections. The S4's have started to arrive at dealers as of yesterday. However, I was told they are just the dealer demos. I have some pictures of the S4 that arrived at the PA dealer yesterday, but I'm not sure how to post these.
    Cool! You can use Flickr for free and post pics here or just the link

AZ Member #

I am getting hella upset about this nonsense. General manager called me yesterday saying there is a hold on it still and the released to carrier update is not correct. It's at their distribution centers but can not be released from there. Looks like it'll be next month and I bet money it's going to be after the ***king Geneva auto show. Ridiculous at this point. (Sorry guys just venting)

Established Member Two Rings Batman0424's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by mystik4l06 View Post
    I am getting hella upset about this nonsense. General manager called me yesterday saying there is a hold on it still and the released to carrier update is not correct. It's at their distribution centers but can not be released from there. Looks like it'll be next month and I bet money it's going to be after the ***king Geneva auto show. Ridiculous at this point. (Sorry guys just venting)

That sucks! Audi does not seem to be doing a great job with releasing new cars to the market. I would think, with all the hype, we would have much better information / updates.
    2015 Audi S4 | DSG | Florett Silver | Black Leather / Alcantara | B&O
    Mods: EPL Dual Pulley + TCU | AWE Touring Exhaust | ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake | TSW Bathhurst GM 19x9.5 | H&R OE | Bilstein Dampers | CR-15 Strut Tower Brace | 034 Motorsport Rear Sway, End Links & Drivetrain Mounts
    Pending: JHM High Flow Cats

Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Items for Sale

The hold most likely has more to do with EPA certification than it does Audi.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RingNut View Post
    The hold most likely has more to do with EPA certification than it does Audi.
    At this point I could care less about what it may be. Tell me what's up, Tell me exactly what's going on and dont have us speculating about wtf is going on or, Come online to get more info in which they decide not to give us!

Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Items for Sale

There is no joy in having your customers pissed off at you for things you have no control over. If they had the info, they would share it for that very reason.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RingNut View Post
    There is no joy in having your customers pissed off at you for things you have no control over. If they had the info, they would share it for that very reason.
    That vent was not towards the sales people it's toward Audi themselves. I know they have no control over the information they receive. -_-

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just got an email from my sales rep and here is the latest info he's received from Audi:

MY2018 Audi S4 Product Information Books will be available on the Audi Academy CRC website in the coming weeks.

Order Guides with full pricing details will be available on February 24, 2017.

AudiUSA.com will launch a MY2018 S4 content and full model landing page including pricing and configurator this week.

Vehicles begin arriving in dealerships this spring.

Pricing
    Model year 2018 S4 starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:

MODEL
    2018 S4
    Premium Plus $50,900
    Prestige $55,800

*Prices above exclude destination charge ($975), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges.
    Griffin Motorwerke | Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust
    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: milltek@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Will@Griffin View Post
    Just got an email from my sales rep and here is the latest info he's received from Audi:

MY2018 Audi S4 Product Information Books will be available on the Audi Academy CRC website in the coming weeks.

AudiUSA.com will launch a MY2018 S4 content and full model landing page including pricing and configurator this week.

Pricing

MODEL
    2018 S4
    Premium Plus $50,900
    Prestige $55,800

*Prices above exclude destination charge ($975), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges.
    Nice! Looks like we will be seeing some B9 S4s very very soon. Excited to see one in person.
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Mercedes E350

Quote Originally Posted by Will@Griffin View Post

Pricing

MODEL
    2018 S4
    Premium Plus $50,900
    Prestige $55,800

Nice!!!! My guess for starting price was way higher than this. Glad to finally see pricing.

Senior Member Three Rings 13allroad's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    17' Jaguar F Pace S

Choices now between this pricing on the new S4 and the guessestimate pricing of the RS3 being 52k mark.

Current: 2014 A6 tdi prestige, HRE FF01 wrapped in Conti, black optic, sport package, LED package, RS7 Pedal Kit, 034 Trans mount, Alu Kreuz, Eurocode sway bars/end links, rear spoiler, Vag Com Mods, piggy back tune.

Old: 2013 allroad tuned and modded.

Weekend rider - 2015 BMW R Nine t - custom

Senior Member Three Rings 4Chio's Avatar
    AZ Member #

From another site

Subject: 2018 Audi S4 product and pricing announcement

Dealer Communication

2018 Audi S4 product and pricing announcement

• The all-new S4 acheives a best-in-class 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds, a full two tenths of a second faster than the Mercedes-AMG C43 and BMW 340i xDrive
    • Replacing the previous S4’s supercharged V6 engine, the all-new 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 produces an impressive 354 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 21hp and 44 lb-ft
    • Standard 6-piston monobloc front brake calipers, along with available sport adaptive damping suspension and an updated quattro(r) sport rear differential provide enhanced performance and driving dynamics

Arriving in dealerships this Spring, the all-new S4 provides additional content and increased performance over the previous S4, as well as the competition. Starting at a Premium Plus trim level, the S4 builds upon the A4 with the following additional standard equipment:

• 18” 5-double-spoke-star design wheels with standard summer tires or optional all-season tires
    • 3-spoke multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel with shift paddles and S badging
    • Diamond stitched S sport seats with power side bolsters and massage function
    • Leather/Alcantara® interior with contrast stitching
    • Brushed aluminum decorative inlays
    • Aluminum-optic exterior side mirror housings
    • Platinum Gray Singleframe grill with aluminum-optic double blade bars
    • Quad exhaust outlets
    • Rear trunk lid lip spoiler

Comparing standard equipment to the competition, the Mercedes-AMG C43 is standard equipped with leatherette/DINAMICA seats, halogen headlights, an unbranded base audio system, and without a sunroof, yet starts at $52,000 MSRP. The S4 starts at only $50,900 MSRP and is standard equipped with leather/Alcantara® seats, LED headlights, a Bang & Olufsen® sound system with 3D sound, and a panoramic sunroof.

Increased content, class-leading performance, and exceptional value is what sets the S4 apart in the segment.

Additional Information and Resources

AudiUSA.com will launch a MY2018 S4 content and full model landing page including pricing and configurator this week. MY2018 S4 Sales Assist content is available today.

Pricing

MODEL --- PREMIUM PLUS ---- PRESTIGE
    2018 S4 --- $50,900 ----------- $55,800

*Prices above exclude destination charge ($975), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
    2016 Audi A6 3.0T SLine
    2014 991 Cab C4S
    Ordered
    2018 S4 Prestige all options ETA March
    2017 Q7 Prestige Loaded ETA June
    (sold)
    2016 S3 Monsoon Gray Prestige | Sport seats| 19's W/ mag ride| Milltek Res valve
    2013 X5 M
    08 A6 4.2 Sline,
    08 :.R32 ,07 S4 White/Black, 04 S4 6MT,

AZ Member #

Wow. If Audi claims it does it in 4.4s, I'm guessing it should be slightly faster in real since Audi usually quotes higher times. Right? Like Audi says the A4 does it in 5.8s or so but I've got consistent 5.2-5.4s (stock) using launch control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
    Wow. If Audi claims it does it in 4.4s, I'm guessing it should be slightly faster in real since Audi usually quotes higher times. Right? Like Audi says the A4 does it in 5.8s or so but I've got consistent 5.2-5.4s (stock) using launch control.
    And $51k is not much for an S4. I know what will replace my A4 :)
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier white/Black/Achat gray birch, Driver Assistance pack, Sport pack, 20" Black Optic pack, Cold weather pack

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight blue/Nougat brown/gray oak, Tech pack, Cold weather pack

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2013 Audi A6 Prestige - Oolong Gray/Gray/Aluminium, DAP, 20" Sport pack, Cold weather pack, Warm weather pack --- SOLD

Established Member Two Rings JD23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pricing looks very competitive. Thank you strong Dollar/weak Euro.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Thank you's to both of you for posting the info!

AZ Member #

S4 Avant please. For the sake of all things holy what is wrong with you Audi!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member One Ring Stankia's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Finally! Thanks for the info.

Established Member Two Rings JD23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    S4 Avant please. For the sake of all things holy what is wrong with you Audi!!!!!!!!!!

A debadged Allroad with a tune is the closest you'll be able to get to an S4 Avant in the US.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
    A debadged Allroad with a tune is the closest you'll be able to get to an S4 Avant in the US.
    Ya, thats the plan. Sad, but at least we still have a long roof option.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Mercedes E350

Looks like they just dropped US pricing for the whole A5 line as well.

http://fourtitude.com/news/2018-audi...-acceleration/

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Configurator is live

Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Lmdriver8 View Post
    Configurator is live
    About. Friggin. Time.

Next milestone: black optics. The Europeans have already had this option since their launch last summer.
    B9 S4
    Worth the wait

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Nice

Senior Member Three Rings 4Chio's Avatar
    AZ Member #

love it now i can get excited on what I'm going to pay besides the car!!
    2016 Audi A6 3.0T SLine
    2014 991 Cab C4S
    Ordered
    2018 S4 Prestige all options ETA March
    2017 Q7 Prestige Loaded ETA June
    (sold)
    2016 S3 Monsoon Gray Prestige | Sport seats| 19's W/ mag ride| Milltek Res valve
    2013 X5 M
    08 A6 4.2 Sline,
    08 :.R32 ,07 S4 White/Black, 04 S4 6MT,

Established Member Two Rings dave329's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 A6 Premium Plus, Glacier White metallic

Quote Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And $51k is not much for an S4. I know what will replace my A4 :)
    I recall reading the ABT piggyback/tuned B9 S4 with "419hp" hit 4.7s 0-60. Granted it's an Avant but interesting Audi is claiming 4.4 for the sedan out the gate.
    2014 A6 Premium Plus, Glacier White metallic, 19" Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Audi side assist

2012 S4 - SOLD, 6MT, Phantom Black, Premium +, Sports diff, APR V2 Stage 1+, Ecode USS Sway Bars + Endlinks, Alu Kreuz, Ecode Short-Throw-Shifter, Roc Euro intake, AWE Exhaust + Res. DP, H&R coilovers, Stoptech ST60, Supercharged badges, VAG-COM mods, Weathertech mats, LED Plate kit

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    Next milestone: black optics. The Europeans have already had this option since their launch last summer.
    Not flaming here (don't attack me man!!!) but isn't it odd not to offer Black Optics right off the bat on the S4? That option is pretty much expected at this point. Won't that just give some people a reason to hold off purchasing this model year? It's odd to me when Audi makes decisions like this. By no means do I know anything about the inner decision making process inside the company but giving people an excuse NOT to buy seems counter intuitive. Especially when you can log into the UK site, for example, and opt into all the bells and whistles you want. It's frustrating being a US Audi customer and enthusiast sometimes is what I'm really saying and it's mostly in regards to decisions like this. The S6 configurator has the Black Optics as an option. Just weird.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I like the black optics wheels but I also like the chrome trim and the aluminum look side view mirrors.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dave329 View Post
    I recall reading the ABT piggyback/tuned B9 S4 with "419hp" hit 4.7s 0-60. Granted it's an Avant but interesting Audi is claiming 4.4 for the sedan out the gate.
    4.7s is too slow. I'm sure a stock S4 does that time at the least. Hell. My Racechipped A4 can do that. An APR tuned A4 can definitely beat that.

S4 is up on Audi USA

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s4

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Senior Member Three Rings slowturbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is it me or do the color options seem very limited? No sepang/ara blue, no yellow, no nardo/nano gray. I find this a little surprising.
    -Alan

2016 Audi S3
    Brilliant Black/Black/Tech/B&O/Performance/Res delete/Red brakes/Textile mats

Gone: 2005 Touareg, 2011 328xi, 1991 bmw 318i, 2002 bmw 325i, 2007 335i, 2004.5 A4 1.8tq