Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickMachine View Post
    If anyone wants mine, it arrived today in the mail after almost 1 month sitting in customs without a tracking update. I'm selling it for half what I paid which is $100 shipped. PM if interested.
    gotta love USPS!
    Audi S7

Senior Member Two Rings SubaruSTI8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If anyone has the map updates for a 2013 c7 s6, I am willing to pay half if your looking to get rid of it.

Sorry I didnt read through the thread, on my honeymoon and service is shot here!
    2013 S6 | Cold Weather Package| EPL Stage 2 Tune | EPL TCU Tune | Milltek Non-Resonated Down Pipes | Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust | Roc Euro Intake | BBS CI-R

Senior Member Three Rings RRF985's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If anyone wants mine, it arrived today in the mail after almost 1 month sitting in customs without a tracking update. I'm selling it for half what I paid which is $100 shipped. PM if interested.
    I'll take it. PM Sent.
    2012 A6 3.0T P+ | Oolong | Black | Black Headliner | Sport | Side Assist | Cold Weather

Gone but not forgotten:
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP

Veteran Member Three Rings SlickMachine's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Friggin 2015 Honda Odyssey

So after this update I'm unable to load Google maps. I have a 2G connection which worked before the update, albeit slowly. Now, three 'G' in Google in bottom right will turn white but that's as far as it will load. I've given it hours at a time with no change. Other connect functions work sporadically like weather and sending location to car... Anyone have ideas on what is going on?
    I've read one or two people doing one big update to the MMI and having this problem and having to go back and do an update in between to get things working again. Maybe my connection is too slow and the server times out?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Sorry to hear of your issues. I have no problem with google or connection. Did you do the old maps and database delete?

You can always try reflashing firmware first. then reloading maps. Just long and slowww and time cost.
    Audi S7

Established Member Two Rings stingvb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Jetta TDI on loan from VW

So after this update I'm unable to load Google maps. I have a 2G connection which worked before the update, albeit slowly. Now, three 'G' in Google in bottom right will turn white but that's as far as it will load. I've given it hours at a time with no change. Other connect functions work sporadically like weather and sending location to car... Anyone have ideas on what is going on?
    I've read one or two people doing one big update to the MMI and having this problem and having to go back and do an update in between to get things working again. Maybe my connection is too slow and the server times out?

I had the issue with Google not loading after doing the map update and all I did was reload the MMI 814 firmware and it fixed it. I think when you delete the old maps database it messes up the Google process.
    Good luck
    2012 A7 Prestige - 20" Sport Package - APR Stage 2 - APR CPS - InJen Intake - P3 Boost Gauge - 034 Rear Sway Bar and End Links - AWE Touring Exhaust - S7 Flat Bottom Wheel

AZ Member #
    My Garage

VAG updates guy said just run update again and it will update those modules. Hope it's that simple.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

And that worked. So satisfying.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I might have bricked mine. Update ran fine, took a couple of hours. Installed the license card, ran the script, everything looked good. Removed the card and rebooted the MMI. Screen slides in, never comes back out. No lights on any buttons in the center console. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
    2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jrmckinn View Post
    I might have bricked mine. Update ran fine, took a couple of hours. Installed the license card, ran the script, everything looked good. Removed the card and rebooted the MMI. Screen slides in, never comes back out. No lights on any buttons in the center console. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
    Any luck getting the MMI to come up? Sounds like you removed the license card too quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

If you have issues, run the firmware update and update again. Read instructions multiple times. I've had no issues with my updated MMI.
    Audi S7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Any luck getting the MMI to come up? Sounds like you removed the license card too quickly.

Nope. It's dead, Jim. It's at the Audi dealership right now getting unscrewed. I think your correct about the license card. What occurred to me, too late of course, was that all the separate components had probably not completed initializing. I should have moved option to option before I removed the card and rebooted.
    2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got my car back with a new 5F module. May take me a bit to work up the courage to try again.
    2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus

AZ Member #

Hi all,

Got my update package today and got straight to work. Car is a '14 TDI Prestige and I decided to hook up a battery charger and just check up on the car every 10-15 minutes.

1. Firmware update went without a hiccup; in fact - I ran it again because at first I disabled the BOSE update, but then decided to risk it and updated just the BOSE packages - worth it, tbh.

2. Map update started smoothly but then gave me a heart-attack. I fired it up, kept coming back and forth every 10 minutes (touching the volume knob, MMI knob, etc) and on one of my returns I noticed the car shut off (DRL off), dash off - everything off EXCEPT the MMI screen was lit and the update was still going on! Certainly a heart attack BUT happy ending since it completely finished without a hitch.

3. Activation - now that is where I have a bit of an issue. Per the instructions, I pulled the MAC address from the green menu and then extracted the numbers and did the math. I then renamed the file accordingly and put the SD cars in.

The first screen appeared, pressed the button and when the second screen appeared, I waited 2 minutes, press the button and pulled the card out. The MMI did not reboot after a few minutes of waiting so I did it manually. Once it rebooted, the maps booted as well and defaulted to a location about 30 miles south of where I was physically (my office vs my home). However a few moments later, the screen changed to "map data not available" or something like that. Another reboot didn't help.

I then renamed the FSC file back to its original name and attempted again - same exact thing except no more "map data not available" message - the map remains. However navigation doesn't appear to function when I type a new address - it just times out; and it is still showing me as if I'm 30 miles away.

The funny thing is that the green menu shows 3 satellites connected and 14 visible.

So do I need to just drive around so it will resync, or is something else afoot? I sent an email to vagnav... hopefully I just need to drive a bit.

AZ Member #

So to update - driving the car after letting it sit post activation fixes everything. I am a happy camper :)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 smart fortwo pure coupe

So.. to address the elephant in the room here, has anyone made an image of this disc available to download anywhere?
    2014 A6 P+ 2.0T Quattro, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2015 smart fortwo pure coupe, Crystal White (aka. "the derp")

Gone, but not forgotten:
    2010 A4 P- 2.0T Quattro 6MT, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2007 A4 S line 2.0T 6MT, Phantom Black Pearl

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by magn2o View Post
    So.. to address the elephant in the room here, has anyone made an image of this disc available to download anywhere?
    I don't think it's possible without significant effort since it appears the Licensing is tied to your VIN and what appears to be the licensing file is not text-readable.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McFuzz View Post
    I don't think it's possible without significant effort since it appears the Licensing is tied to your VIN and what appears to be the licensing file is not text-readable.
    Nah, the licensing/activation method has been cracked for some time. The EU maps have been available for the longest time, but for some reason the NA maps haven't been readily available. If someone was to rip/upload the disc, we should have all we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone, but not forgotten:

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I have the Na maps. It's a huge file
    Audi S7

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Last edited by magn2o; 06-02-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Gone, but not forgotten:

Veteran Member Four Rings BOPOH's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you wouldn't mind putting up a torrent, or depending on the size, putting it on Dropbox?

Once I have a copy, I'll gladly seed a torrent. I have a 1Gbps fiber connection, so we can disperse it quickly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that would be awesome!

2012 A6 Prestige - DIY

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ok, so I have everything needed for the 6.12.1 NAR maps update, and I have updated the firmware/maps on my car without issue. I'm not really sure if the mods will let me make post with all of the details/downloads, so as promised, if anyone wants to update -- send me a PM and I'll get you squared away.

This is for *US* C7 A6/A7 MMI3GP. You will need a 32GB SDcard. These maps require at least MMI version K8014. If you're not running at least that, let me know and I can provide you with the necessary update as well. Having a VAGCOM is highly recommended in order to enable the 'green' menu and to clear a possible code at the end, but it is not required.

Gone, but not forgotten:

Senior Member Two Rings SubaruSTI8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ok, so I have everything needed for the 6.12.1 NAR maps update, and I have updated the firmware/maps on my car without issue. I'm not really sure if the mods will let me make post with all of the details/downloads, so as promised, if anyone wants to update -- send me a PM and I'll get you squared away.

This is for *US* C7 A6/A7 MMI3GP. You will need a 32GB SDcard. These maps require at least MMI version K8014. If you're not running at least that, let me know and I can provide you with the necessary update as well. Having a VAGCOM is highly recommended in order to enable the 'green' menu and to clear a possible code at the end, but it is not required.
    You have a step by step? I have the SD card laying around for 6 months now. I wanna do it but scared I'll screw something up lol
    2013 S6 | Cold Weather Package| EPL Stage 2 Tune | EPL TCU Tune | Milltek Non-Resonated Down Pipes | Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust | Roc Euro Intake | BBS CI-R

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Make sure you guys are using the fastest SD card possible when doing these updates. If it's not fast enough, the update could hang or take years and that's a problem. It's better to spend a bit more on a card and cut out that threat.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishing View Post
    I have the Na maps. It's a huge file
    Is there a way to update maps for k0942_3 mmi software version? I am located in Dallas, TX
    Your advice is greatly appreciated.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zhuk1 View Post
    Is there a way to update maps for k0942_3 mmi software version? I am located in Dallas, TX
    Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    The 6.12.1 map update works fine with k0942_3. There's no special steps needed if that's what you're asking.

It simply requires a minimum of k0814.
    Last edited by magn2o; 07-17-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Gone, but not forgotten:

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

The 6.12.1 map update works fine with k0942_3. There's no special steps needed if that's what you're asking.

It simply requires a minimum of k0814.
    Any link for download?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zhuk1 View Post
    Any link for download?
    Maps or firmware?

Gone, but not forgotten:

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Maps or firmware?
    Maps please...

Active Member Two Rings barrygold's Avatar
    AZ Member #

PM sent for any assistance on the 6.12.1 NAR map update and MMI update

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    13' S8 APR Stage 1

Veteran Member Four Rings Sanjman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing else special
    Items for Sale

Hey guys problem, I updated to K0946_3 firmware and activated the license and updated the maps, and I lost my 3G connection. The SIM isn't activated with service but it at least find a network and connected it. Wondering if this is an issue. I have a 2013. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings barrygold's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by barrygold View Post
    PM sent for any assistance on the 6.12.1 NAR map update and MMI update

Big shout out to magn2o who walked me through updating my firmware and NAV maps. Thanks again!!

13' S8 APR Stage 1

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

guys with bose who updated their firmware, did you need to do any special steps? the instructions mention something about possibly having to do additional codding..
    thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 SQ5
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by uv60660 View Post
    guys with bose who updated their firmware, did you need to do any special steps? the instructions mention something about possibly having to do additional codding..
    thanks!
    I had no problem going from 733 to 814 on my '15 with Bose. Thanks to magn2o. However I had bought official 814 firmware SD card online a while back but don't know if that made any difference as his files looked identical. I did have to do it twice as Google Earth did stop after the map updates but I think that is normal like others have seen since deleting the database must also delete Google Earth and redoing the firmware restores it no problem. However I do not know if starting from other firmware levels could cause issues with Bose.
    2015 S6 Quartz Gray
    Black, Carbon, Night, Cold, DA, ACC, VCDS lowered, 034 Trans mounts, EuroCode Alu-Kreuz, APR v1.1 & TCU, Rohana RF2 20x9, {11.660@114.83 (4615lbs.)}
    2014 SQ5 Glacier White
    Black Nappa, Carbon, B&O, NAV, 21's, {stock 13.527@102.11 (4615lbs.)}

2012 S4 S-Tronic Monsoon Gray {Stage II 12.868@107.8 (4275lbs.)}
    2008 A6 3.2Q S-Line Daytona Gray
    2007 A4 2.0T S-Line Ice Silver
    2001 S4 Nogaro Blue {Stage I 14.746@95.29 (3944lbs.)}

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
    I had no problem going from 733 to 814 on my '15 with Bose. Thanks to magn2o. However I had bought official 814 firmware SD card online a while back but don't know if that made any difference as his files looked identical. I did have to do it twice as Google Earth did stop after the map updates but I think that is normal like others have seen since deleting the database must also delete Google Earth and redoing the firmware restores it no problem. However I do not know if starting from other firmware levels could cause issues with Bose.
    thank you! I'll give it a try

Veteran Member Four Rings Brooklyn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'm going to have to re-read this thread when I get back from Afghanistan. Would very much like to update the maps on my 2013. Good job guys. This is what's great about the enthusiast world. And piss on Audi for making this a bajillion dollar exercise at the dealership.
    l 2013 S6 l Oolong Gray/Black l Previous: l 2013 C7 A6 3.0t l B8 S4 6MT l B6 S4 6MT l B6 A4 3.0 6MT l B5 Passat 1.8t 6MT l

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by uv60660 View Post
    thank you! I'll give it a try
    So, I did the update yesterday and it all went good! Everything appears to be working fine and can confirm no extra steps were needed to re-code the Bose audio.
    thanks to the enthusiast community and especially to magn2o for his help!

Veteran Member Four Rings Sanjman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing else special
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjman View Post
    Hey guys problem, I updated to K0946_3 firmware and activated the license and updated the maps, and I lost my 3G connection. The SIM isn't activated with service but it at least find a network and connected it. Wondering if this is an issue. I have a 2013. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Hey guys... got this fixed... so the SIM card I had wasn't activated (I knew that... already) but once you update the firmware the SIM data that was linked to the MMI is lost so it just continues to search the network but never locks to a signal. All I needed to do was activate the SIM card again (got a month service for the time being) and it repaired itself once I removed the SIM and reinstalled the SIM.

Phew!! I was scared that I needed what some people a a modem hardware update and wasn't sure if Audi would do it considering I'm the 2nd owner and that I used a third party to get the firmware and maps. Sorry to bump the thread but easy fix.

Established Member Two Rings ke116ngc's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Huge "Thanks" and a big "ShoutOut" to magn2o for the great help and assistance. My full update went without a hitch and I'm up and running with no issues. Thanks brother!!
    2013 Audi S6 - Phantom Black Pearl Effect, Black Interior & Headliner, Driver Assistance, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, 20" Wheels, Piano Black Inlays

APR ECU Stage II Tune, APR TCU Tune, APR Downpipes, AWE Touring Exhaust, AWE S-Flow Intake, Eurocode USS Sway Bar & End Link Set, Eurocode Alu Kreuz, Adam's Rotors Slotted/Dimpled, Porterfield R4S pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, 034 Motorsports Driveline Mounts Package, RS Grille, H&R 20mm DRA Spacers, Vagcom lowered.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'll have to do this too since the butthole dealer told me everything was updated prior to sending the car to me, and what do you know, NAV is 6.8.2 and MMI is P0715.