Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by red4life5 View Post
    Thats what Im saying. I could calibrate everything back easily but the gas gauge. If anyone has tips for that I would gladly switch it all back
    For calibrating, the needle sits at 0/Empty with the car off. I set the needles in place then turned them until I felt some resistance (cluster "installed" without the clear housing in place). I kept turning them in the same direction until they aligned with the 0 mark.

Turning the ignition on and off would put the needles back at the 0 position. If I was off I would make an adjustment (always adjusting in the direction with resistance if that makes sense).

I haven't noticed my fuel gauge reading extra full or anything else being out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptballer View Post
    Are there two different mmi trim pieces? My mmi screen is larger than the opening on the A5 trim piece.
    I believe so. When I purchased my B8.5 S4 MMI surround the seller asked me to clarify whether or not I had nav. I'm not sure why Audi makes two different screens so similar in size.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Established Member Two Rings Ptballer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    STI

Thanks for the info. If anyone has a navi mmi trim for sale let me know.

Established Member Two Rings Richieru456's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So question, can I do this if I don't have nav on my b8?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Richieru456 View Post
    So question, can I do this if I don't have nav on my b8?
    Yes you the piece that he ordered that was to small

IT IS KNOWN

Senior Member Two Rings Midnight Storm's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow, this swap looks fantastic!!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This DIY is incredibly helpful. I am actually considering swapping my MPH fascia with a KMH fascia on my B8 S5. The removal and disassembly instructions all apply to the swap especially the needle removal and repositioning.

The question I had was on the scaling between MPH and KMH. Looking at the two different fascias I noticed that the position of 100MPH and the 160KMH points were not in the same location. If I zero out the speedo would this correct itself? If not is this a VAGCOM application?

I have a donor cluster and a set of conversion gauges from Lockheed in the UK. Unfortunately I ordered the conversion gauges and immediately noticed they were flat and did not have the recessed temp and fuel look as the OP mentioned.

This is a bit long winded but any insight would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8V8isGR8 View Post
    If I zero out the speedo would this correct itself? If not is this a VAGCOM application?
    Cheers
    No and no.
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ B/O Tweeters+Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    No and no.
    Thanks. Vagcom is out. Iím assuming I can adjust the position where the needle bottoms out but it would cause it to sit behind the 0. Iím not sure I could look at that every timeI get in the car.

Sounds like my options are limited to conversion dials.

Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)

Finally finished my conversion yesterday. Thanks to Chris for the sourcing of the parts:

I'm gonna adjust the RPM needle once i get an S-Line sticker to cover the S5 Logo on the cluster:

Since I don't really ever look at the speedometer and especially now with the bezels size. and shape.

Love the upgraded look of the cluster, and kinda wish I would have done the RS5 cluster as it looks pretty sharp too:

Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

Senior Member Four Rings avantagg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks great Jim! Nice work.
    2012 Facelift A4 Avant - Premium Plus - S-Line - Phantom Black
    Unitronic Stage 2 | AFE | ECS TIP | R8 Coils | Eurocode HFC | BB 3" Exhuast | 3.0 TDI FMIC | Eurocode HFIP | Bilstein B12 Sportline | Alu Kreuz | CR-15 | H&R Sways | 034 Inserts | Ecodes | | A5 Cluster Swap | 3G+ MMI | RS4 FBSW | Black Headliner Swap | BUILD THREAD

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4 Centaur View Post
    Love the upgraded look of the cluster, and kinda wish I would have done the RS5 cluster as it looks pretty sharp too:

Looks great! To ease your doubts, the RS5 cluster has a different redline on the tach, different scaling on the speedometer, and a logo that is more difficult to conceal. :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^Yea, I would prolly just use the bezels wonder if the OP who ordered his S-Line stickers could share the eBay source?
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

AZ Member #

^Yea, I would prolly just use the bezels wonder if the OP who ordered his S-Line stickers could share the eBay source?
    That was me. :)

Post about my cluster: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post12549588

Info about the badge, though the seller no longer has it available: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post12550492

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^Thanks, I have written these folks from Latvia: redesign2you on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/redesign2you/

Hopefully, they can make a few decals, if not I guess I'll just take a black sharpie to the logo. Haha!

I figure one of their badges will work. I figure close to 1cm x 1cm or possibly even a bit smaller.

AZ Member #

They were actually relisted since last night: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Metal-....c100011.m1850

2.7 cm x .9 cm was perfect.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^ Thanks I have ordered that one!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Got the cluster mod rolling again:

The S-Line sticker is perfect! Thank much!

AZ Member #

The S-Line sticker is perfect! Thank much!
    It looks great! Can't beat it for the price either.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^ Yea, thanks again! Looks way better with the S-Line

Established Member Two Rings shellraider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^ Yea, thanks again! Looks way better with the S-Line
    Hey Centaur, I see you used the S5 backgrounds and I was curious if your gas gauge reads super full when you fill. I know the corner sweeps of the 5 clusters are a little different and just wanted to confirm that there is no way to re-establish the readings. I have the needles zeroed to the C and E on the corners which for the temp is fine but my gas gauge is a bit wonky.
    Thanks!
    2012 Monsoon B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package Black Optic : APR stage 1, OEM Gauge Conversion, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, OEM RS Interior Door handles

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^Yea, I filed my Avant up yesterday and did the swap, and yea the full gauge goes sky high.

I'll follow it in the next few days, but assume it will be weird for a while. Set mine like my GF Audi Q5, and with the needles at the correct place when the car is off, I assume we are good?

Established Member Two Rings shellraider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^Yea, I filed my Avant up yesterday and did the swap, and yea the full gauge goes sky high.

I'll follow it in the next few days, but assume it will be weird for a while. Set mine like my GF Audi Q5, and with the needles at the correct place when the car is off, I assume we are good?
    Yep, that's what I was thinking, its not that bad I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that could fix it. As long as E is E I don't mind.
    2012 Monsoon B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package Black Optic : APR stage 1, OEM Gauge Conversion, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, OEM RS Interior Door handles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234