Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RingNut View Post
    Update: One of my coworkers has an S8 with Driver's Assistance. He didn't recalibrate anything after lowering it a couple of inches and everything seems to be working fine.
    Glad to hear.

Just wish the KW HAS would go lower than .8

Was hoping to find something that would go down 1-1.2 inches front/rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

Established Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    MSS is working on an adjustable Spring solution for the A4 platform as well and from what Iíve been told there will likely be a test on an Allroad that is available to them. Hopefully the spring rate works on the Allroad and we can have an adjustable option. I donít want to give up on KW or MSS yet but I might just have to try a set of the 034 and see how low it goes if nothing happens soon. The Allroad is arriving at the end of December and I wanted to lower the thing immediately. Need to make sure wifey doesnít get used to the ride on the fíing stilts they have it on stock.

If 034 is too low then maybe OEM Sport Springs will be the middle ground height wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you know how much lower the AR would ride with the OEM sport springs? Wasnít able to find that out.

I bought my wheels so slowly Iím getting impatient :) and need a fix especially since I canít stand the current reverse rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Do you know how much lower the AR would ride with the OEM sport springs? Wasnít able to find that out.

I bought my wheels so slowly Iím getting impatient :) and need a fix especially since I canít stand the current reverse rake.

On an Allroad I dont know for sure but the issue is if we went with the OEM Sport Springs we would also need to pair with the Adaptive Sport Suspension dampers as well (not cheap).

I know on the regular A4 platform the difference between stock height and sport height is a reduction of 23mm.

AZ Member #

So apparently H&R is actually working on height adjustable springs too. Also for the AR. They just havenít finished R&D yet.

I just ordered my Vossen CVT 20x10 today and will probably wait until spring with the installation.

By then Iím hoping KW or H&R put something on the market and I can get the car lowered. If not I might still the KW setup and get it worked out together with GMP Performance of Charlotte. Stephen was extremely helpful.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    So apparently H&R is actually working on height adjustable springs too. Also for the AR. They just havenít finished R&D yet.

I just ordered my Vossen CVT 20x10 today and will probably wait until spring with the installation.

By then Iím hoping KW or H&R put something on the market and I can get the car lowered. If not I might still the KW setup and get it worked out together with GMP Performance of Charlotte. Stephen was extremely helpful.

Interesting. Had not heard about H&R development yet. So sounds like three adjustable spring kits are in various stages of development. KW, MSS, and H&R.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S

Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    does the kw has kit only lower .8 front and rear?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    Nice!
    Hopefully they will be quicker than KW or at least actively working on bringing them to market for the Allroad.

AZ Member #

B9 A4 Coilovers or Lowering Springs ... when?

Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    ECS still doesnít even have a pull down for the B9 A4 Allroad as a choice of ďyour vehicleĒ. #WheresTheAvantLOVE

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

any idea when the next set of coils or springs will come out?
    Last edited by lexsynergy; 12-05-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Items for Sale

Good news fellas...we should have some H&R updates posted here today!! Stay tuned!!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    Good news fellas...we should have some H&R updates posted here today!! Stay tuned!!
    Amen!

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings TAGMotorsports's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Bagged (sometimes) Jetta

Check them out here!!

The perfect answer for cars equipped with electronic shocks: H&R VTF Adjustable Lowering Springs! More lowering, more features, and more personalization. Lower your vehicle with world-renowned H&R Sport Springs and have the advantage to fine-tune lowering to your own taste. Adjustable down to the micro millimeter and with an average lowering range of 0.30 Ė 2.7Ē depending on application, your stance can now be as unique as you are.
    H&R VTF (Verstellbar TieferlegungsFedern) are specifically designed and tuned to work with factory damping for a superb ride and great handling. All H&R components are crafted for strength, resiliency, and durability, and are 100% made in Germany.
    Front: .75-1.6Ē drop
    Rear: .75-1.6Ē drop

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866) 748-4388
    web: www.tagmotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Quicksilver, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Akrapovic, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

but what if you don't have edc? will these not work on a non-sport shock?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports View Post

Check them out here!!

The perfect answer for cars equipped with electronic shocks: H&R VTF Adjustable Lowering Springs! More lowering, more features, and more personalization. Lower your vehicle with world-renowned H&R Sport Springs and have the advantage to fine-tune lowering to your own taste. Adjustable down to the micro millimeter and with an average lowering range of 0.30 Ė 2.7Ē depending on application, your stance can now be as unique as you are.
    H&R VTF (Verstellbar TieferlegungsFedern) are specifically designed and tuned to work with factory damping for a superb ride and great handling. All H&R components are crafted for strength, resiliency, and durability, and are 100% made in Germany.
    Front: .75-1.6Ē drop
    Rear: .75-1.6Ē drop

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    And of course the inevitable question......will they fit and are they okíed for the B9 Allroad?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just bougth and recived my new H&R coilvovers for 2.0tdi quattro S-line. they lower 60mm .

Established Member Two Rings 4 Ring Loyalist's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi A4 Premium SOA 2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus

H&R coil overs...20x9 255 front 20x10.5 275 rear on B9 fwd no rub

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    And of course the inevitable question......will they fit and are they okíed for the B9 Allroad?

Allroad Love?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Iím looking for about a .8 drop on an A4 non-sport suspension. .8 in the back and probably an inch on the front to fix the rake. Do we have that yet? Also getting impatient.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mward View Post
    Iím looking for about a .8 drop on an A4 non-sport suspension. .8 in the back and probably an inch on the front to fix the rake. Do we have that yet? Also getting impatient.

Normally H&R releases an "OE spring" which is roughy .8 - .9" Drop......
    CURRENT:
    2011 B8 A4 Avant
    2011 Infiniti g37
    2008 4Runner
    2015 GMC sierra

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mward View Post

Sport only so far. However they offer a coil-over now that lowers from .5" all the way to 1.4" for non sport.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

so, do the H&R VTF adjustable springs instructions say to cut the bump stops or what?
    2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Mythos Black - Tech & Cold weather pack - H&R sport springs - 50% 3M tint

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

still waiting on a company to offer a drop rate lower in the front than the rear as well to fix the rake...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Ring Loyalist View Post

H&R coil overs...20x9 255 front 20x10.5 275 rear on B9 fwd no rub

How's the ride quality? Considering h&r coilovers too....

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ah_kiat View Post
    How's the ride quality? Considering h&r coilovers too....
    Ride quality is good. When I first got my car last year, I bought the eibach lowering springs because I was impatient. Those lowered the car a little more than the sport springs but they were really soft. For regular driving and stop and go, the springs were fine but if you wanted to have a little fun in canyons or twisites or mild hard cornering these were just too soft. Then I bought the H&R coilovers and when I got them installed I fell in love with them. Outside of the great lowered stance, dramatically improves steering and handling. Gives a more weighted steering feeling but at the same time they aren't too soft or too harsh. Granted I also have the ecs strut bar and 034 rear sway bar installed but I love my setup. You will have a lot of fun in corners and they are comfortable for the day to day stop and go traffic. The steering is much improved, the fun factor is much improved and they are still comfortable for long drives (I drive 200 miles a day so I have good experience in that department) Hope this helps.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ride quality is good. When I first got my car last year, I bought the eibach lowering springs because I was impatient. Those lowered the car a little more than the sport springs but they were really soft. For regular driving and stop and go, the springs were fine but if you wanted to have a little fun in canyons or twisites or mild hard cornering these were just too soft. Then I bought the H&R coilovers and when I got them installed I fell in love with them. Outside of the great lowered stance, dramatically improves steering and handling. Gives a more weighted steering feeling but at the same time they aren't too soft or too harsh. Granted I also have the ecs strut bar and 034 rear sway bar installed but I love my setup. You will have a lot of fun in corners and they are comfortable for the day to day stop and go traffic. The steering is much improved, the fun factor is much improved and they are still comfortable for long drives (I drive 200 miles a day so I have good experience in that department) Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing ! How about the durabililty and if there's any unwanted sound ? How long have you been using the coilovers ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for sharing ! How about the durabililty and if there's any unwanted sound ? How long have you been using the coilovers ?
    I bought them a while ago but recently had the chance to get them installed. I've had them installed for a little over a month now. No creeks, no sounds, nothing but take that with a grain of salt as it's only been a month. I do a lot of driving on freeways so I can't really report on how they feel over rough roads...but a couple of crappy transitions on the 405 and 5 freeways, they soak them up quite well doing 70-80 mph.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I bought them a while ago but recently had the chance to get them installed. I've had them installed for a little over a month now. No creeks, no sounds, nothing but take that with a grain of salt as it's only been a month. I do a lot of driving on freeways so I can't really report on how they feel over rough roads...but a couple of crappy transitions on the 405 and 5 freeways, they soak them up quite well doing 70-80 mph.

Cool ! Anyone else on H&R Coilovers wanna share their experience so far ??

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For those on H&R coilovers, did your reuse stock dustcover and bump stops ? If yes, did you trim them ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

For those on H&R coilovers, did your reuse stock dustcover and bump stops ? If yes, did you trim them ?
    I will ask the shop that installed mine and get back to you.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I will ask the shop that installed mine and get back to you.

Much appreciated my friend. I'm looking to install the Bilstein B12 setup on my ride and I've been getting conflicting feedback on whether the bumpstop should be retained or cut.

AZ Member #

Btw, I understand that our front struts come in 2 sized, 49mm & 53mm. Is there a definitive way to tell which one my ride needs without sending it into the workshop? I'm looking to get them at the soonest opportunity.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Solarius View Post
    Btw, I understand that our front struts come in 2 sized, 49mm & 53mm. Is there a definitive way to tell which one my ride needs without sending it into the workshop? I'm looking to get them at the soonest opportunity.
    Your build date dictates what front struts you have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Your build date dictates what front struts you have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Oh so in which situations do I need the 49mm and which situations I will need the 53mm?

I thought i read somewhere that those built after November 2016 will need the 49mm one, but I've a friend who needed a 53mm on his (he ordered a 49mm set of the H+R coilovers and they didn't fit), and his was built in July 2017. That's got me rather confused.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Anyone ?

Established Member Two Rings misanorotrs4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi SQ5, 2017 VW Jetta S

Anyone ?
    We used both on mine, no trimming required. Plug and play, havenít had issues Iíve had the HR Coils on for the last 2k miles

IG: @aram_audi

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by misanorotrs4 View Post
    We used both on mine, no trimming required. Plug and play, havenít had issues Iíve had the HR Coils on for the last 2k miles

Thanks for replying ! Were you on the stock sports suspension before H&R Coils ?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hey guys

I have a 2017 technik A4 or prestige for you Americans down south and was wondering what KW HAS kit fits our car?

Also anyone using them and can give me a review

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

After lowering...do u guys scrape your undercarriage when going over speed bumps on a slope? Mine does ever since I lowered

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

After lowering...do u guys scrape your undercarriage when going over speed bumps on a slope? Mine does ever since I lowered
    Low is a lifestyle as we say Gotta work that angle!!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast