Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AXARUNNER View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    What size rims/tires?

Established Member Two Rings AXARUNNER's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S; 2016 Audi TT Roadster

19 x9 Rotors 255/40 19's

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by noblesse View Post
    Just curious, has anyone installed K.W HAS springs with EDC on the B9 A4 yet? I think I went through the post and haven't seen anyone with it yet. I'm still debating whether I should go for coilovers or the K.W HAS springs, for low end coilovers like H&R it would be the same price but compared to Bilsteins they are less than half the price. The only reason why I'm even considering the HAS springs is because I can keep the EDC function.
    Just started our HAS install on our B9 S4 last night!! Stay tuned!!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spinmaster7 View Post
    for those interested I seen on ECS today that Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilover Kit is available for B9 A4 (both FWD and AWD)
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...48-262316~bil/
    For build dates up to 7/16/2016 only. They must still be working on the kits for A4's built after 7/2016.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    I wouldn't generalize to say that lowering springs = blown shocks. The shocks/struts are meant to dampen the energy produced by the coil springs as they compress and rebound. Without dampers, the car would continue bouncing after every bump. On many progressive lowering spring applications, the suspension will exhibit noticeable bounce from day 1, suggesting that the dampers are under-matched for the spring application. This excess strain will understandably lead to added stress on the dampers.

In general, a linear spring (as most OEM applications are) is much easier to dampen. By using a linear spring design, with heights that keep the dampers within their range of travel, you can expect improved ride quality and less strain on the dampers when compared with other options.
    Interested. When I had H&R OE Sport Springs for my S4 they were really bouncy at speed, especially on the highway over dips. I put them on around 5k miles but they just seemed too unsafe for my tastes. I eventually switched to coilovers (2 sets actually, lol) and the ride was much better presumably because of the matched dampers. Through your testing, have you noticed any of the issues I described, especially on non-sport suspensions? TIA!
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S3, 2017 Audi A4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ptper View Post
    Interested. When I had H&R OE Sport Springs for my S4 they were really bouncy at speed, especially on the highway over dips. I put them on around 5k miles but they just seemed too unsafe for my tastes. I eventually switched to coilovers (2 sets actually, lol) and the ride was much better presumably because of the matched dampers. Through your testing, have you noticed any of the issues I described, especially on non-sport suspensions? TIA!
    Much of our testing was on a non-sport car for this very reason. The most common complaints that we receive with lowered cars are bounciness and crashing (over large dips/bumps). Our own experience with our lowering springs is that dampening and ride quality are largely indiscernible versus stock, a sentiment that has been echoed by many customers.
    w emmanueledesign.com
    e sales@emmanueledesign.com
    f facebook.com/emmanueledesign1
    ig @emmanueledesign
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    Much of our testing was on a non-sport car for this very reason. The most common complaints that we receive with lowered cars are bounciness and crashing (over large dips/bumps). Our own experience with our lowering springs is that dampening and ride quality are largely indiscernible versus stock, a sentiment that has been echoed by many customers.
    Good to know, thanks. So, your rear bump stops are a strong recommendation to preserve even more oem-like ride quality?
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S3, 2017 Audi A4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ptper View Post
    Good to know, thanks. So, your rear bump stops are a strong recommendation to preserve even more oem-like ride quality?
    The front bump stops are beneficial to the non-S cars. S-Line suspension cars can leave the bump stops in tact as they are shorter.
    w emmanueledesign.com
    e sales@emmanueledesign.com
    f facebook.com/emmanueledesign1
    ig @emmanueledesign
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    VERY interested in seeing results. I'm thinking of going this route on an Allroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Same here!
    Very interested in the HAS springs especially since KW Germany told me they have no test Allroad available and are therefore not offered for it.

Do you know do they fit the B9 Allroad?
    What's the drop?

I'd buy them asap if they fit.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings TAGMotorsports's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Bagged (sometimes) Jetta

KW HAS installed. Contact us for any questions, or HERE for pricing.

TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866) 748-4388
    web: www.tagmotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Quicksilver, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Akrapovic, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports View Post

Another example of the H&R Sport Lowering springs

B9 A4 Sport Spring with Sport Suspension
    Lowering Front: 0.8
    Lowering Rear: 0.8

B9 A4 Sport Spring without Sport Suspension
    Lowering Front: 1.6
    Lowering Rear: 1.6

B9 S4 Sport Spring
    Lowering Front: 0.8
    Lowering Rear: 0.8

Works with Adaptive Suspension

YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM HERE!!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    what are the spring rates?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    Just picked these up.

do u know what the spring rates are for these.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings TAGMotorsports's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Bagged (sometimes) Jetta

Here is a KW HAS example

-20x10" Rotiform CCV machined Finish
    -255/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires
    -KW HAS

TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866) 748-4388
    web: www.tagmotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Quicksilver, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Akrapovic, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports View Post

Here is a KW HAS example

-20x10" Rotiform CCV machined Finish
    -255/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires
    -KW HAS

I’m interested in potentially going this route for my Allroad but really need to see examples of the springs all the way up at the highest point as well as the lowest. From the picture you posted you can’t really tell anything about the main benefit of these springs which is the fact that they’re adjustable. Not trying to be a pain just trying to figure out which route I would like to go and I need to be sure that the Allroad won’t be slammed because it won’t survive the NYC streets if it is.

Also, any feedback from you guys or anyone about the comfort and ride with the HAS?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    Eibach Pro Kit installed today.

Did you get an alignment yet? I ask because I was told when lowering a car with ACC it would cost around $700. That's to align, reset all ACC settings, Adapt/Calibrate, & Reset Adaptive Suspension.
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
    Did you get an alignment yet? I ask because I was told when lowering a car with ACC it would cost around $700. That's to align, reset all ACC settings, Adapt/Calibrate, & Reset Adaptive Suspension.
    I was under the impression the car recalibrated for you automatically, no? Why if you swap a 17” winter wheel set? You have to get recalibrated? Seems unlikely.

Who told you that a dealer?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

B9 A4 Coilovers or Lowering Springs ... when?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    I was under the impression the car recalibrated for you automatically, no? Why if you swap a 17” winter wheel set? You have to get recalibrated? Seems unlikely.

Who told you that a dealer?

Dealer and also spoke with a friend of mine who’s an Audi Master Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Items for Sale

That is correct. I bet there are a lot of techs out there that wish it did it automatically, it's a process.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RingNut View Post
    That is correct. I bet there are a lot of techs out there that wish it did it automatically, it's a process.
    Ugh. Is there a thresh hold depending on how much you lower? Does it throw faults?

Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Items for Sale

Update: One of my coworkers has an S8 with Driver's Assistance. He didn't recalibrate anything after lowering it a couple of inches and everything seems to be working fine.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S

so i have a question.. anyone that is running springs with non-sport suspension, do you have any reverse rake going on with the springs? The rear is lower than the front at stock height... i don't wanna buy springs and still be in the same position but lower.. Are coils and air the only way to go to eliminate reverse rake? thanks..

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    so i have a question.. anyone that is running springs with non-sport suspension, do you have any reverse rake going on with the springs? The rear is lower than the front at stock height... i don't wanna buy springs and still be in the same position but lower.. Are coils and air the only way to go to eliminate reverse rake? thanks..
    034 has springs which take care of that. KW has also adjustable springs which you can set yourself then.

All other springs have the same ratio front and back hence same issue with the reverse rake just lower.

I’m waiting for KW to bring out their adjustable springs for the Allroad as the 034 are too low for me.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post

I’m waiting for KW to bring out their adjustable springs for the Allroad as the 034 are too low for me.Audizine
    Thought they we’re out already (I know they are for the A4 platform in general at least). Are you just waiting on someone to confirm they’re applicable to an Allroad as well? Because I think you’re right and I haven’t seen them mounted on an Allroad as of yet.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    Thought they we’re out already (I know they are for the A4 platform in general at least). Are you just waiting on someone to confirm they’re applicable to an Allroad as well? Because I think you’re right and I haven’t seen them mounted on an Allroad as of yet.

Yeah, no one had been able to confirm for sure.
    Sean of TAG Motorsports said they are working with KW to figure out some issues they are still been having.

Also haven’t seen any spring sets from H&R or Eibach for the Allroad yet.

AZ Member #

Yeah, no one had been able to confirm for sure.
    Sean of TAG Motorsports said they are working with KW to figure out some issues they are still been having.Audizine
    One of us might have to be a test subject but I’m still a few months away from even having mine still. Interested to hear what the KW issues still are as that was the route I was hoping to go as well. Curious if it’s an adaptive suspension compatibility issue.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

The 034 springs say on their website that for the a4 b9 base suspension the drop is 2.0 front and rear.. with that the reverse rake will still be an issue.. i'm confused

AZ Member #

The 034 springs say on their website that for the a4 b9 base suspension the drop is 2.0 front and rear.. with that the reverse rake will still be an issue.. i'm confused
    Never paid attention to that, sorry.

Try this one:
    https://tagmotorsports.com/b9a4s4-kw-suspension-has

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

both of these cars i modded ended up on coils because of uneven fender gap from springs based off tires sizes/rim size offset ect.. looks like i'll be heading over to coilovers to eliminate double work and wasted money..

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    Last edited by Sean@TAG; 11-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

AZ Member #

The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    Please do keep us updated on the Allroad compatibility here and in the Avants Only forum if you can. I have them slated as my top choice but just waiting to hear that the HAS kit works on the Allroad with adaptive suspension and no codes/warnings etc.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

the height adjustable kit re uses the factory shocks?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

the height adjustable kit re uses the factory shocks?
    It certainly does!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

It certainly does!
    would it be worth it to just buy the h&r coils for a couple hundred more tho?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

would it be worth it to just buy the h&r coils for a couple hundred more tho?
    It all depends. The KW HAS is a great option for anyone wanting to retain the factory EDC on the car.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)

AZ Member #

Sean,
    Any word? What exactly is it the Allroad is making problems with the HAS?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Sean,

From what we have seen it is a rear springs issue. So far, they just have not approved (nor does it seem like they have any immediate plans to) avant/ allroad springs quite yet.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

On 034 springs they say to cut the bumpstops.. Is this necessary? i have a 2017 Prem+ with non sport suspension.. Will cutting the front bumpstops lower the car a little more in front? Hard decision on spring or coils right now... i'd rather do springs and save a few hundred dollars, but fear i'll have reverse rake if i go for the springs and have to order coils and re do the process.. so if i cut the bumpstops up front will that do anything on lowering the front more?

AZ Member #

From what we have seen it is a rear springs issue. So far, they just have not approved (nor does it seem like they have any immediate plans to) avant/ allroad springs quite yet.
    Thats a shame. Buyers waiting!!!

AZ Member #

Sean,

MSS is working on an adjustable Spring solution for the A4 platform as well and from what I’ve been told there will likely be a test on an Allroad that is available to them. Hopefully the spring rate works on the Allroad and we can have an adjustable option. I don’t want to give up on KW or MSS yet but I might just have to try a set of the 034 and see how low it goes if nothing happens soon. The Allroad is arriving at the end of December and I wanted to lower the thing immediately. Need to make sure wifey doesn’t get used to the ride on the f’ing stilts they have it on stock.

If 034 is too low then maybe OEM Sport Springs will be the middle ground height wise.

AZ Member #

On 034 springs they say to cut the bumpstops.. Is this necessary? i have a 2017 Prem+ with non sport suspension.. Will cutting the front bumpstops lower the car a little more in front? Hard decision on spring or coils right now... i'd rather do springs and save a few hundred dollars, but fear i'll have reverse rake if i go for the springs and have to order coils and re do the process.. so if i cut the bumpstops up front will that do anything on lowering the front more?
    This is a question that has been posed on their webpage under the question and answer section.

“Trimming the bump stops is an optional step. If you do not trim them, the bump stops may engage under heavy loads somewhat earlier than intended, which can be slightly detrimental to ride quality. However, this will not affect the longevity of the dampers/springs themselves, nor harm the vehicle.”