Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 401 to 440 of 456
  1. #401
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AXARUNNER View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    What size rims/tires?

  2. #402
    Established Member Two Rings AXARUNNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2017
    AZ Member #
    390920
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S; 2016 Audi TT Roadster
    Location
    Glen Ridge, NJ

    19 x9 Rotors 255/40 19's

  3. #403
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    259842
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Location
    San Diego
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by noblesse View Post
    Just curious, has anyone installed K.W HAS springs with EDC on the B9 A4 yet? I think I went through the post and haven't seen anyone with it yet. I'm still debating whether I should go for coilovers or the K.W HAS springs, for low end coilovers like H&R it would be the same price but compared to Bilsteins they are less than half the price. The only reason why I'm even considering the HAS springs is because I can keep the EDC function.
    Just started our HAS install on our B9 S4 last night!! Stay tuned!!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

  4. #404
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    402412
    Location
    Midwest USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinmaster7 View Post
    for those interested I seen on ECS today that Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilover Kit is available for B9 A4 (both FWD and AWD)
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...48-262316~bil/
    For build dates up to 7/16/2016 only. They must still be working on the kits for A4's built after 7/2016.


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  5. #405
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 29 2013
    AZ Member #
    132556
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    I wouldn't generalize to say that lowering springs = blown shocks. The shocks/struts are meant to dampen the energy produced by the coil springs as they compress and rebound. Without dampers, the car would continue bouncing after every bump. On many progressive lowering spring applications, the suspension will exhibit noticeable bounce from day 1, suggesting that the dampers are under-matched for the spring application. This excess strain will understandably lead to added stress on the dampers.

    In general, a linear spring (as most OEM applications are) is much easier to dampen. By using a linear spring design, with heights that keep the dampers within their range of travel, you can expect improved ride quality and less strain on the dampers when compared with other options.
    Interested. When I had H&R OE Sport Springs for my S4 they were really bouncy at speed, especially on the highway over dips. I put them on around 5k miles but they just seemed too unsafe for my tastes. I eventually switched to coilovers (2 sets actually, lol) and the ride was much better presumably because of the matched dampers. Through your testing, have you noticed any of the issues I described, especially on non-sport suspensions? TIA!
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

  6. #406
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    144715
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S3, 2017 Audi A4
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ptper View Post
    Interested. When I had H&R OE Sport Springs for my S4 they were really bouncy at speed, especially on the highway over dips. I put them on around 5k miles but they just seemed too unsafe for my tastes. I eventually switched to coilovers (2 sets actually, lol) and the ride was much better presumably because of the matched dampers. Through your testing, have you noticed any of the issues I described, especially on non-sport suspensions? TIA!
    Much of our testing was on a non-sport car for this very reason. The most common complaints that we receive with lowered cars are bounciness and crashing (over large dips/bumps). Our own experience with our lowering springs is that dampening and ride quality are largely indiscernible versus stock, a sentiment that has been echoed by many customers.
    w emmanueledesign.com
    e sales@emmanueledesign.com
    f facebook.com/emmanueledesign1
    ig @emmanueledesign
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4

  7. #407
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 29 2013
    AZ Member #
    132556
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    Much of our testing was on a non-sport car for this very reason. The most common complaints that we receive with lowered cars are bounciness and crashing (over large dips/bumps). Our own experience with our lowering springs is that dampening and ride quality are largely indiscernible versus stock, a sentiment that has been echoed by many customers.
    Good to know, thanks. So, your rear bump stops are a strong recommendation to preserve even more oem-like ride quality?
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

  8. #408
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    144715
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S3, 2017 Audi A4
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ptper View Post
    Good to know, thanks. So, your rear bump stops are a strong recommendation to preserve even more oem-like ride quality?
    The front bump stops are beneficial to the non-S cars. S-Line suspension cars can leave the bump stops in tact as they are shorter.
    w emmanueledesign.com
    e sales@emmanueledesign.com
    f facebook.com/emmanueledesign1
    ig @emmanueledesign
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4

  9. #409
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    Just started our HAS install on our B9 S4 last night!! Stay tuned!!
    VERY interested in seeing results. I'm thinking of going this route on an Allroad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #410
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    Just started our HAS install on our B9 S4 last night!! Stay tuned!!
    Same here!
    Very interested in the HAS springs especially since KW Germany told me they have no test Allroad available and are therefore not offered for it.

    Do you know do they fit the B9 Allroad?
    What's the drop?

    I'd buy them asap if they fit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  11. #411
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings TAGMotorsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399994
    My Garage
    03 Bagged (sometimes) Jetta
    Location
    San Diego, CA



    KW HAS installed. Contact us for any questions, or HERE for pricing.



    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866) 748-4388
    web: www.tagmotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Quicksilver, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Akrapovic, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

    AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide


  12. #412
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Aug 23 2017
    AZ Member #
    405573
    Location
    sf

    Quote Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports View Post




    Another example of the H&R Sport Lowering springs




    B9 A4 Sport Spring with Sport Suspension
    Lowering Front: 0.8
    Lowering Rear: 0.8

    B9 A4 Sport Spring without Sport Suspension
    Lowering Front: 1.6
    Lowering Rear: 1.6

    B9 S4 Sport Spring
    Lowering Front: 0.8
    Lowering Rear: 0.8

    Works with Adaptive Suspension


    YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM HERE!!


    If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    what are the spring rates?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    Just picked these up.

    do u know what the spring rates are for these.

  13. #413
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings TAGMotorsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399994
    My Garage
    03 Bagged (sometimes) Jetta
    Location
    San Diego, CA



    Here is a KW HAS example

    -20x10" Rotiform CCV machined Finish
    -255/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires
    -KW HAS




    If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866) 748-4388
    web: www.tagmotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Quicksilver, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Akrapovic, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

    AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide


  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports View Post


    Here is a KW HAS example

    -20x10" Rotiform CCV machined Finish
    -255/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires
    -KW HAS




    If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE
    I’m interested in potentially going this route for my Allroad but really need to see examples of the springs all the way up at the highest point as well as the lowest. From the picture you posted you can’t really tell anything about the main benefit of these springs which is the fact that they’re adjustable. Not trying to be a pain just trying to figure out which route I would like to go and I need to be sure that the Allroad won’t be slammed because it won’t survive the NYC streets if it is.

    Also, any feedback from you guys or anyone about the comfort and ride with the HAS?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #415
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    Eibach Pro Kit installed today.





    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Did you get an alignment yet? I ask because I was told when lowering a car with ACC it would cost around $700. That's to align, reset all ACC settings, Adapt/Calibrate, & Reset Adaptive Suspension.
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

  16. #416
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
    Did you get an alignment yet? I ask because I was told when lowering a car with ACC it would cost around $700. That's to align, reset all ACC settings, Adapt/Calibrate, & Reset Adaptive Suspension.
    I was under the impression the car recalibrated for you automatically, no? Why if you swap a 17” winter wheel set? You have to get recalibrated? Seems unlikely.

    Who told you that a dealer?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #417
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Items for Sale

    B9 A4 Coilovers or Lowering Springs ... when?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    I was under the impression the car recalibrated for you automatically, no? Why if you swap a 17” winter wheel set? You have to get recalibrated? Seems unlikely.

    Who told you that a dealer?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dealer and also spoke with a friend of mine who’s an Audi Master Tech.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

  18. #418
    Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2013
    AZ Member #
    135419
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Items for Sale

    That is correct. I bet there are a lot of techs out there that wish it did it automatically, it's a process.

  19. #419
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by RingNut View Post
    That is correct. I bet there are a lot of techs out there that wish it did it automatically, it's a process.
    Ugh. Is there a thresh hold depending on how much you lower? Does it throw faults?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #420
    Established Member Two Rings RingNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2013
    AZ Member #
    135419
    My Garage
    '94 964, '17 A4, '15 Q7 TDi
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Items for Sale

    Update: One of my coworkers has an S8 with Driver's Assistance. He didn't recalibrate anything after lowering it a couple of inches and everything seems to be working fine.

  21. #421
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri

    so i have a question.. anyone that is running springs with non-sport suspension, do you have any reverse rake going on with the springs? The rear is lower than the front at stock height... i don't wanna buy springs and still be in the same position but lower.. Are coils and air the only way to go to eliminate reverse rake? thanks..

  22. #422
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    so i have a question.. anyone that is running springs with non-sport suspension, do you have any reverse rake going on with the springs? The rear is lower than the front at stock height... i don't wanna buy springs and still be in the same position but lower.. Are coils and air the only way to go to eliminate reverse rake? thanks..
    034 has springs which take care of that. KW has also adjustable springs which you can set yourself then.

    All other springs have the same ratio front and back hence same issue with the reverse rake just lower.

    I’m waiting for KW to bring out their adjustable springs for the Allroad as the 034 are too low for me.



    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  23. #423
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post

    I’m waiting for KW to bring out their adjustable springs for the Allroad as the 034 are too low for me.Audizine
    Thought they we’re out already (I know they are for the A4 platform in general at least). Are you just waiting on someone to confirm they’re applicable to an Allroad as well? Because I think you’re right and I haven’t seen them mounted on an Allroad as of yet.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #424
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    Thought they we’re out already (I know they are for the A4 platform in general at least). Are you just waiting on someone to confirm they’re applicable to an Allroad as well? Because I think you’re right and I haven’t seen them mounted on an Allroad as of yet.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, no one had been able to confirm for sure.
    Sean of TAG Motorsports said they are working with KW to figure out some issues they are still been having.

    Also haven’t seen any spring sets from H&R or Eibach for the Allroad yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  25. #425
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Yeah, no one had been able to confirm for sure.
    Sean of TAG Motorsports said they are working with KW to figure out some issues they are still been having.Audizine
    One of us might have to be a test subject but I’m still a few months away from even having mine still. Interested to hear what the KW issues still are as that was the route I was hoping to go as well. Curious if it’s an adaptive suspension compatibility issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #426
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri

    The 034 springs say on their website that for the a4 b9 base suspension the drop is 2.0 front and rear.. with that the reverse rake will still be an issue.. i'm confused

  27. #427
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    The 034 springs say on their website that for the a4 b9 base suspension the drop is 2.0 front and rear.. with that the reverse rake will still be an issue.. i'm confused
    Never paid attention to that, sorry.

    Try this one:
    https://tagmotorsports.com/b9a4s4-kw-suspension-has


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  28. #428
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri



    both of these cars i modded ended up on coils because of uneven fender gap from springs based off tires sizes/rim size offset ect.. looks like i'll be heading over to coilovers to eliminate double work and wasted money..

  29. #429
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    259842
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Location
    San Diego
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    The 034 springs say on their website that for the a4 b9 base suspension the drop is 2.0 front and rear.. with that the reverse rake will still be an issue.. i'm confused
    The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    Last edited by Sean@TAG; 11-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

  30. #430
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    Please do keep us updated on the Allroad compatibility here and in the Avants Only forum if you can. I have them slated as my top choice but just waiting to hear that the HAS kit works on the Allroad with adaptive suspension and no codes/warnings etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #431
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri

    the height adjustable kit re uses the factory shocks?

  32. #432
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    259842
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Location
    San Diego
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    the height adjustable kit re uses the factory shocks?
    It certainly does!
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

  33. #433
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    It certainly does!
    would it be worth it to just buy the h&r coils for a couple hundred more tho?

  34. #434
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    259842
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Location
    San Diego
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    would it be worth it to just buy the h&r coils for a couple hundred more tho?
    It all depends. The KW HAS is a great option for anyone wanting to retain the factory EDC on the car.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

  35. #435
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    The HAS for the kit for A4/S4 really has worked nicely for us! Still working on Allroad confirmation though.
    Sean,
    Any word? What exactly is it the Allroad is making problems with the HAS?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  36. #436
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Sean@TAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    259842
    My Garage
    Fishing Vessel, Yukon, Jetta
    Location
    San Diego
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Sean,
    Any word? What exactly is it the Allroad is making problems with the HAS?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    From what we have seen it is a rear springs issue. So far, they just have not approved (nor does it seem like they have any immediate plans to) avant/ allroad springs quite yet.
    TAG MOTORSPORTS
    (866-748-4388)
    web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: Sean@tagmotorsports.com
    Authorized Dealer For: HRE, AWE, GIAC, ABT, KW, Modulare, MORR, Vossen, Milltek, Tubi, BBS, Brembo, ADV.1, Remus, Eisenmann, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

  37. #437
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    409626
    My Garage
    2017 A4 Honda Crz Acura TL-S
    Location
    missouri

    On 034 springs they say to cut the bumpstops.. Is this necessary? i have a 2017 Prem+ with non sport suspension.. Will cutting the front bumpstops lower the car a little more in front? Hard decision on spring or coils right now... i'd rather do springs and save a few hundred dollars, but fear i'll have reverse rake if i go for the springs and have to order coils and re do the process.. so if i cut the bumpstops up front will that do anything on lowering the front more?

  38. #438
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@TAG View Post
    From what we have seen it is a rear springs issue. So far, they just have not approved (nor does it seem like they have any immediate plans to) avant/ allroad springs quite yet.
    Thats a shame. Buyers waiting!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #439
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Sean,
    Any word? What exactly is it the Allroad is making problems with the HAS?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    MSS is working on an adjustable Spring solution for the A4 platform as well and from what I’ve been told there will likely be a test on an Allroad that is available to them. Hopefully the spring rate works on the Allroad and we can have an adjustable option. I don’t want to give up on KW or MSS yet but I might just have to try a set of the 034 and see how low it goes if nothing happens soon. The Allroad is arriving at the end of December and I wanted to lower the thing immediately. Need to make sure wifey doesn’t get used to the ride on the f’ing stilts they have it on stock.

    If 034 is too low then maybe OEM Sport Springs will be the middle ground height wise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #440
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2016
    AZ Member #
    372756
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by lexsynergy View Post
    On 034 springs they say to cut the bumpstops.. Is this necessary? i have a 2017 Prem+ with non sport suspension.. Will cutting the front bumpstops lower the car a little more in front? Hard decision on spring or coils right now... i'd rather do springs and save a few hundred dollars, but fear i'll have reverse rake if i go for the springs and have to order coils and re do the process.. so if i cut the bumpstops up front will that do anything on lowering the front more?
    This is a question that has been posed on their webpage under the question and answer section.

    “Trimming the bump stops is an optional step. If you do not trim them, the bump stops may engage under heavy loads somewhat earlier than intended, which can be slightly detrimental to ride quality. However, this will not affect the longevity of the dampers/springs themselves, nor harm the vehicle.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.