Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    I assume you were emailing Tony? He is off today for the holiday. We are working on the update.
    When is the expected release date for this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    I assume you were emailing Tony? He is off today for the holiday. We are working on the update.
    Ah yes, "Curious Events Day" : https://www.checkiday.com/10/9/2017

https://www.checkiday.com/743dc2df38...ous-events-day
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL, Eurocode Sways & Endlinks

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

any updates on soon for new file?
    Audi S7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishing View Post
    any updates on soon for new file?

I hate to say this but I'm worried these guys are going under. No real data here and my emails about my surging issue have met with VERY little concern and no real guidance or troubleshooting. I flashed my car back to stock out of concern that I wouldn't be able to if they did suddenly go under. Side benefit is car is slower but SO much smoother with STOCK files which is so unfortunate.

Really wish I felt some level of concern about my issues or at least a timeline for fixes/responses to email/etc.

Gonna stay stock until I hear something definitive.

Anyone want to buy my tune?

Senior Member Four Rings AudiS4B8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cschmelz View Post
    I hate to say this but I'm worried these guys are going under. No real data here and my emails about my surging issue have met with VERY little concern and no real guidance or troubleshooting. I flashed my car back to stock out of concern that I wouldn't be able to if they did suddenly go under. Side benefit is car is slower but SO much smoother with STOCK files which is so unfortunate.

Really wish I felt some level of concern about my issues or at least a timeline for fixes/responses to email/etc.

Gonna stay stock until I hear something definitive.

Anyone want to buy my tune?
    With that above sales pitch, I'm sure it'll go quickly.
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; EPL Stage 2, AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Nardo Front Rings; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Full Suntek PPF

- Stock figures: 12.24 @ 111.8mph; DA +1545; 13mph headwind; 327awhp/335awtq
    - Stage 1: 390awhp/494awtq
    - Instagram: ze_nardo6

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4B8 View Post
    With that above sales pitch, I'm sure it'll go quickly.
    Lol...right?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

nah they aren't going out of business. i will say they are slow to respond. i asked 2 weeks ago for beta 0009 ecu tune and they said it would be released soon. well still not yet. that's not too soon to me.
    Audi S7

AZ Member #

nah they aren't going out of business. i will say they are slow to respond. i asked 2 weeks ago for beta 0009 ecu tune and they said it would be released soon. well still not yet. that's not too soon to me.
    Still, EPL's 2 weeks > APR's 2 weeks

> meaning better, not greater LOL
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; EPL Stage 2, AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Nardo Front Rings; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Full Suntek PPF

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This is one of the downsides of a remote tuning provider. I have these acceleration/ 1-2 shift issues, but it goes away when i drive aggressive or in sport mode. Luckily for me, I only really drive the car 2-3x a week and when I do, I'm usually on the throttle. I'm not sure how the ones also with these issues would be able to deal with it, driving it every day.

I really haven't had much issue when reaching out to Chris -- but I also am not hounding him down as I'm just following this thread for updates. Car drives, no CELs, and no engine issues... So I can be patient.
    2015 S6 - Garnet Red, Black Optics, EPL Stage 1 within hours of ownership. Just need an exhaust mod.
    2014 SQ5 - SOLD - Gone but not forgotten.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

We have roughly 5-7 people testing beta files and a car in house for testing. Updates are coming.

Active Member Two Rings MoJo S6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Kleemann55 S6 - sold; Lexus GS350

OK guys, you are kinda freaking me out here. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a, EPL Stage 1 tune and transmission tune for my 2016 S6 and your posts about delays/performance glitches etc. are scaring me. In my several calls and emails to his I an say that he has been SUPER prompt and responded to all of my questions about the tune. SO, m y experiences have been great this far which (in addition to the great option of being able to flash the ECU bak and forth at home and sell the time if I chose to) has motivated me to choose EPL over APR. And NO............this is not a commercial for EPL and No I am not getting any discount from EPL (of course I will take one if offered).

This is my first Audi and I must confess, the enthusiasm, love of the car and deep knowledge on this board is amazing. You guys are some really dedicated owners---maybe a little impatient at times, but awesome just the same. True..... if what you state is true , EPL needs to step up regarding responding to your questions. These are expensive investments indeed. But, don't freak these guys out and make them lose the passion for their tuning in order to respond faster to our demands. The product will suffer and as a result so will we.

Not a sermon, just a suggestion.

Rock on!

Registered Member One Ring WhineAndDine's Avatar
    AZ Member #

EPL C7 S6/S7 Stage 1 engine and transmission calibration and flash at home

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo S6 View Post
    OK guys, you are kinda freaking me out here. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a, EPL Stage 1 tune and transmission tune for my 2016 S6 and your posts about delays/performance glitches etc. are scaring me. In my several calls and emails to his I an say that he has been SUPER prompt and responded to all of my questions about the tune. SO, m y experiences have been great this far which (in addition to the great option of being able to flash the ECU bak and forth at home and sell the time if I chose to) has motivated me to choose EPL over APR. And NO............this is not a commercial for EPL and No I am not getting any discount from EPL (of course I will take one if offered).

This is my first Audi and I must confess, the enthusiasm, love of the car and deep knowledge on this board is amazing. You guys are some really dedicated owners---maybe a little impatient at times, but awesome just the same. True..... if what you state is true , EPL needs to step up regarding responding to your questions. These are expensive investments indeed. But, don't freak these guys out and make them lose the passion for their tuning in order to respond faster to our demands. The product will suffer and as a result so will we.

Not a sermon, just a suggestion.

Rock on!
    I second this. I just pulled the trigger for my A6 with the stage 1 tune to test the waters, (literally just flashed this morning) and Iím already going forward with it, and ordering with Chris, going to go all the way to dual pulley and EPLís tune.

With this being said Iím also not in a rush for my S6 to get that tuned and that will be in the coming weeks as well.

Chris has been beyond phenomenal, like literally a full conversation though emails, not even minutes apart from one another. Couldnít be happier especially with the flexibility, like you said, to be able to flash back at home whenever you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Being one of the people to complain about EPL's responsiveness in updating their tunes to address our concerns, I wanted reassure everyone that Chris and Tony's "updates coming" posts are not a false statement based on what they've done lately. As I posted previously, they created a beta 0009 ECU tune and just today enabled a beta 0011 TCU, both of which I asked for to address some issues identified over the last few months. I too was frustrated with their lack of substantive responses after purchasing their tunes, but having the beta tunes to test, I wanted to advocate patience for them to officially release the updated tunes.
    Note: the versions I state are for pre-facelift. Facelift versions may have software that already include the "fixes", or at the very least do not directly correlate to the ECU/TCU versions for pre-facelift.

TLDR: Be patient, EPL does appear to be listening and ARE updating the tunes even if they aren't being too informative about it.
    2013 Phantom Black S7 | Innovation package | Bang & Olufsen | Comfort seats | LED headlights | 20" 5-arm-rotor design | Carbon atlas inlays | Cold weather package | EPL Stage 1

Registered Member One Ring WhineAndDine's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleekS7 View Post
    Being one of the people to complain about EPL's responsiveness in updating their tunes to address our concerns, I wanted reassure everyone that Chris and Tony's "updates coming" posts are not a false statement based on what they've done lately. As I posted previously, they created a beta 0009 ECU tune and just today enabled a beta 0011 TCU, both of which I asked for to address some issues identified over the last few months. I too was frustrated with their lack of substantive responses after purchasing their tunes, but having the beta tunes to test, I wanted to advocate patience for them to officially release the updated tunes.
    Note: the versions I state are for pre-facelift. Facelift versions may have software that already include the "fixes", or at the very least do not directly correlate to the ECU/TCU versions for pre-facelift.

TLDR: Be patient, EPL does appear to be listening and ARE updating the tunes even if they aren't being too informative about it.
    Time for me to get the S6 tuned then.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleekS7 View Post

We are listening and have been putting more then 50% of development time in the last 3-4 weeks solely on this platform.

Enhancements on upcoming release go far beyond those that the community has asked for.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    We are listening and have been putting more then 50% of development time in the last 3-4 weeks solely on this platform.

Enhancements on upcoming release go far beyond those that the community has asked for.

Soooo what you are saying is....... More POWA?!?!
    2015 S6 - Garnet Red, Black Optics, EPL Stage 1 within hours of ownership. Just need an exhaust mod.

AZ Member #

Awesome! Perfect timing for track season
    Mickey

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

woot guys I got the updated beta file and just gotta find some quick time to do it!
    Audi S7

Established Member Two Rings schaNYC's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Oooh. What enhancements outside the issues already discussed? Also rough guideline on timing for the release? It is next few days or weeks?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by schaNYC View Post
    Oooh. What enhancements outside the issues already discussed? Also rough guideline on timing for the release? It is next few days or weeks?
    E85 support up to (tentatively) 25%
    Left foot brake and enhancements to throttle input control (track day stuff)
    100 and 104 file updates that will definitely have noticeable gains
    Pervisions for high speed datalogging to most files (more on this after 1/1/18)
    A bunch up house keeping thing
    TCU updates were extensive as well

These changes are taking a far amount of time longer then expected... but are also much more extensive then we originally planned and should pave the way for upgraded turbo file development.

There... Ive said too much =).

BTW - we are getting very positive feed back from our beta testers... more soon.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

AZ Member #

These changes are taking a far amount of time longer then expected... but are also much more extensive then we originally planned and should pave the way for upgraded turbo file development.

BTW - we are getting very positive feed back from our beta testers... more soon.
    This is awesome! Super pumped
    Mickey

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Awesome! Can't wait to see it/try it.
    2016 S6, mythos black, sport suspension and exhaust| Roc Euro intake, APR downpipes| AMS intercooler| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | Audi ceramic brakes| 20x8.5 OZ Ultraleggera HLT wheels, Michelin PS4S tires| OEM RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors| Blackvue DR650-2CH dashcams| Aftermarket audio setup: Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 subwoofer and Focal KX3 3 speakers up front. JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2 speakers rear

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

installed the 009 beta and 011 tcu beta tune. haven't had too much time to drive, but the shifts in D from 1-2 are smoother. still some lag or jerkiness near 1800 rpm-2000 rpm but seems better.
    Audi S7

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T

installed the 009 beta and 011 tcu beta tune. haven't had too much time to drive, but the shifts in D from 1-2 are smoother. still some lag or jerkiness near 1800 rpm-2000 rpm but seems better.
    How long has the beta tune been installed?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just 30 mins :) I ran it a little more but still not adapted yet. I will report back.

Audi S7

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

hope that i can test the beta too... was emailed Chris see any helps

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Frankyshiu View Post
    Good luck! I can't get them to return my emails of concern about my surging issue! Sigh...

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Ran car all day today. Shifting is lot smoother in d 1-2 and jerkiness has decreased id say 2/3rd of previous.

Audi S7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cschmelz View Post
    Good luck! I can't get them to return my emails of concern about my surging issue! Sigh...
    ?

Im sorry I dont see any missed communications and I searched.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

AZ Member #

Ran car all day today. Shifting is lot smoother in d 1-2 and jerkiness has decreased id say 2/3rd of previous.

Thanks for the update.

We'll be pushing these out for more testers today/tomorrow. So far VERY positive reviews.

We have an s7 on the dyno take today/tomorrow for more stage 2 updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frankyshiu View Post
    Updates are currently limited to NA cars. We will be pushing out the rest of the world updates before the holidays.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

AZ Member #

Lots of emails over the weekend about becoming a beta tester for future releases. At this time we have our "beta" group that has been providing feedback on these releases, so thank you for your inquiries.

We will be looking for additional e85 testers soon, as not all regions have easy access to e85. Having an ethonal content sensor will be 100% required during beta stages.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

When I get the chance, I will try to do a 0-60 also with LC and measured with my p3 gauge to see if anything has improved with the beta file. (Although I can't tell you when I will have time to do this)
    Audi S7

AZ Member #

When I get the chance, I will try to do a 0-60 also with LC and measured with my p3 gauge to see if anything has improved with the beta file. (Although I can't tell you when I will have time to do this)
    Ok great. I have TCU files available with different launch RPM. I'll gladly make them available if you would like to try them.

Also- since we are on the topic of new development, Water/Meth tunes have been updated for most ecu's as well.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Are you stage 1 or stage 2?

I'm stage 1 and experiencing the jerking and rough 1-2 at low rpms. I just wanted to check and hope that its being played with on all stage 1 AND 2 tunes.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

stage 1
    Audi S7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas GM View Post
    Are you stage 1 or stage 2?

I'm stage 1 and experiencing the jerking and rough 1-2 at low rpms. I just wanted to check and hope that its being played with on all stage 1 AND 2 tunes.
    You are on an ecu we have had zero reports of issues from. The 0009 and 0011 updates do not apply to you (though you still have updated files coming down the pipe).

- - - Updated - - -

The 0011 TCU update will be rolled out later today or tomorrow. The engine ecu updates are still a few days off.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I noticed with the 011 tcu beta that the downshifts to 2 and 1 seem much smoother too in S mode. I suspect this is from the TCU and not the ECU.
    Audi S7

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

OK I have been testing the v2 beta (Chris says practically final) ECU with 0011 beta TCU for the last couple days:

These tunes seem MUCH better than the non-beta stage 1 tunes. My car seems to pull harder and gives me more of that feeling that my stage 3 b5 s4 did when I floored it. D 1-2 is MUCH smoother and S 3-2-1 is smoother than either stock TCU tune and 008 non beta TCU tune.

Car feels more powerful with these tunes vs non beta tunes. I think he said they should be rolled out final soon to everyone.
    Audi S7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You are on an ecu we have had zero reports of issues from. The 0009 and 0011 updates do not apply to you (though you still have updated files coming down the pipe).

- - - Updated - - -

The 0011 TCU update will be rolled out later today or tomorrow. The engine ecu updates are still a few days off.
    Interesting.... Car drives fine in S... but In regular Drive mode my slow acceleration shifting (under 1700 RPMS) is really weird. And then when I hit the gas harder to accelerate it hesitates and then shifts again and finally goes. Its not crazy but it definitely is noticeable by myself and people in the car.

Does the TCU update pertain to me? I'm very patient. I dont drive it a whole lot in regular Drive mode.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas GM View Post
    Interesting.... Car drives fine in S... but In regular Drive mode my slow acceleration shifting (under 1700 RPMS) is really weird. And then when I hit the gas harder to accelerate it hesitates and then shifts again and finally goes. Its not crazy but it definitely is noticeable by myself and people in the car.

Does the TCU update pertain to me? I'm very patient. I dont drive it a whole lot in regular Drive mode.
    The car we had on the dyno yesterday was the same ecu/tcu combo as you. I had the opportunity to drive this car in length and dont believe I experienced anything as described.

At light load and below 1700 rpm, there is actually very very little changed in the ECU calibration and nothing changed in the TCU calibration. I wouldnt be surprised if this characteristic is present in OEM form.
    Tony Chick
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!