Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,320 of 4336
  1. #4281
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2012
    AZ Member #
    92021
    My Garage
    '14 S4 '05 987S
    Location
    United States

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I also flashed Stage 1 and DSG tunes today. Everything went smoothly. I've driven about 65 miles mixed driving. It's a very smooth power delivery, and shifting is a little bit smoother as well (I have 2014 so DSG was pretty nice already).

    What should I expect over the next number of miles/days? Will it keep adapting?

  2. #4282
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    407278
    Location
    Merrick NY

    EPL B8/B8.5 Owners Discussion Thread

    Iíll add my experience to the mix.
    I have a 2014 S5 DSG and added Stage 1 TCU/ECU last week.
    I had to move my car around my parking lot at work to grab more of a WiFi signal but once I did It was so easy to download and do the flashes.
    Driving the vehicle my impressions were exactly those of someoneís comments Iíd read previously.
    ĎThis is what the car should have felt like when you bought ití.
    Iím on the 91 tune and like others have stated it really woke the car up.
    This car was fun to drive before even from 0-30mph and now itís much more fun.
    I drive fairly frequently in S mode and the exhaust sounds so nice now that itís making me second guess whether or not I should upgrade it.
    I was planning on a summer install of AWE Touring with resonated down pipes.
    Overall though, a great product and customer support by Tony and Chris and Iím looking forward to more additions in the future.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #4283
    Established Member Two Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    395771
    Location
    Portland

    what kind of hp increase do you see from stock --> stage1. considering jumping on the black friday pricing before it ends...

  4. #4284
    Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    371376
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    what kind of hp increase do you see from stock --> stage1. considering jumping on the black friday pricing before it ends...
    Just do it :)
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | E40 + Meth | ...
    446WHP / 432WTQ | 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

  5. #4285
    Established Member Two Rings MATHMATIXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    117782
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    what kind of hp increase do you see from stock --> stage1. considering jumping on the black friday pricing before it ends...
    You will regret it if you donít do it.. night and day difference..💪💪
    2012 S4 DSG- EPL Stage 2 Dual Pulley 104 Tune, EPL TCU Tune, AutoTech HPFP, AMS Alpha Performance Boost Cooler, EPL 57.6mm SC Pulley, Fluidampr 183mm Crank Pulley, Roc-Euro Intake, 034 Billet Drivetrain & Subframe Mount Kits, ECS Aggressive Flush Mount Kit, P3+TrackPack, Zeitronix ECA, Magnaflow X-Pipe & Removed Front Resonators
    11.54@119 1247 DA

  6. #4286
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    368462
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico

    Tony or Chris, can someone please answer my e-mails! They have gone unanswered for the last two months and I am losing my patience.

  7. #4287
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2017
    AZ Member #
    398469
    Location
    Nashville, TN

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    Tony or Chris, can someone please answer my e-mails! They have gone unanswered for the last two months and I am losing my patience.
    Try a PM, they are very responsive...Emails as well usually, even thought the craziness of BF.

  8. #4288
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    407278
    Location
    Merrick NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    Tony or Chris, can someone please answer my e-mails! They have gone unanswered for the last two months and I am losing my patience.
    They usually respond within hours, are you sure that youíre using the correct email address?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #4289
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    368462
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer8210 View Post
    They usually respond within hours, are you sure that youíre using the correct email address?
    I am sure I am. Is the same address Iíve always used for both of them.

  10. #4290
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    407278
    Location
    Merrick NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    I am sure I am. Is the same address Iíve always used for both of them.
    Shunned?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #4291
    Established Member Two Rings Gtotherock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    121231
    Location
    Naples/Florida

    Iíve sent numerous emails to Chris..
    He responds within 5 minutes.
    If I call Chris, he answers the phone.
    Iím thinking theirs an underlying reason as to the ďno response.Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 S4 Estoril blue | DSG | Sports differential | B & O | MMI | Nappa
    EPL Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune/Stage 2 SP in the works
    034 subframe inserts | 034 transmission mount and insert | 034 differential inserts | Solowerks coilovers | ECS Luft-technik carbon fiber intake | 034 x-pipe | Alzor 084 19x9.5 gunmetal wheels

  12. #4292
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    I am sure I am. Is the same address Iíve always used for both of them.
    I see an email from 2 days ago we missed, prior to that Chris responded to a Oct 2nd email sent.

    We'll circle back with you this week.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  13. #4293
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer8210 View Post
    Iíll add my experience to the mix.
    I have a 2014 S5 DSG and added Stage 1 TCU/ECU last week.
    I had to move my car around my parking lot at work to grab more of a WiFi signal but once I did It was so easy to download and do the flashes.
    Driving the vehicle my impressions were exactly those of someoneís comments Iíd read previously.
    ĎThis is what the car should have felt like when you bought ití.
    Iím on the 91 tune and like others have stated it really woke the car up.
    This car was fun to drive before even from 0-30mph and now itís much more fun.
    I drive fairly frequently in S mode and the exhaust sounds so nice now that itís making me second guess whether or not I should upgrade it.
    I was planning on a summer install of AWE Touring with resonated down pipes.
    Overall though, a great product and customer support by Tony and Chris and Iím looking forward to more additions in the future.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbler View Post
    I also flashed Stage 1 and DSG tunes today. Everything went smoothly. I've driven about 65 miles mixed driving. It's a very smooth power delivery, and shifting is a little bit smoother as well (I have 2014 so DSG was pretty nice already).

    What should I expect over the next number of miles/days? Will it keep adapting?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpowell View Post
    I went Stage 1 + DSG tune a little over a week ago. Just wanted to say that even at stage 1 it feels like a different car entirely and that I was most surprised by the DSG tune. I bought my 2011 S4 about two months ago and was sort of worried about my purchase after reading about the DSG problems and mechatronic failures. After getting EPL the hard 1-2 and 2-1 shifts have disappeared entirely and it shifts buttery smooth. It feels a lot more like the DSG that I formerly had on my 2013 GLI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rybass309 View Post
    Like jcpowell I did the stage 1 ECU and TCU on my B8.5 DSG a week ago and absolutely love it. I wasn't prepared for how much this was going to wake the car up. It is nice and smooth in drive when I want to take it easy with very clean shifts. In Manual or Sport it is amazing and I am so glad I have the higher shift points due to the TCU. My only regret is that I put my winters on already so I can't really run it through the paces in the twisties. Also, with the 93 tune you can throw 3 gallons of E85 in (if you can find it) which seemed to make a bit more power on the butt dyno but it is probably very slight. I live 40 minutes from EPL so no need to tune at home but I could definitely see the benefit.
    Thank you guys!!

    Glad you guys are enjoying!
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  14. #4294
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    House keeping items....

    More B8 files were pushed to beta testers this week. Production updates for many file shortly. Please to not email asking when.... we will post as soon as they are available.

    -Im currently ~10 or so logs back to review. I will be doing this over the coming days and emailing you guys individually.

    -We will be under limited operation 12/22 and closed the 23rd-26th. We will be under limited operation 12/29 and will be closed 12/30-1/1.

    -Some Model Year/VINS may be affected by a fuel injector recall. If you get a notice please let us know before flashing back to a tuned file... there are rumors that the new injector being installed is not the same injector. I just heard about this this week and have not seen the official campaign yet.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  15. #4295
    Veteran Member Three Rings brainpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2010
    AZ Member #
    57457
    My Garage
    sk8 banana
    Location
    ontario

    I flashed stage 1 yesterday, was so easy to load the tune. Loving the top end power and raised redline. I can see why everyone raves about the customer service. I chased giac for weeks with my previous s4 when I was having cat issues.

    Getting the instant replies from Chris was amazing. Knowing that the support is this good really gives piece of mind.

    Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Bryan

  16. #4296
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    374846
    Location
    Columbus Ohio Area

    I was coming in to work this morning and my EPC light came on and the car started running pretty rough.

    I was on the entrance ramp rolling about 60 mph and saw an opportunity to avoid some log jam on the merge and floored it, I got up to about 90 and noticed the EPC light and a lot of lag in the car. I turned down my radio and gave it some gas and the car would shudder, like something was plugging it up. I babied it the rest of the way to work, turned off the car, waited a few seconds, started it back up and the car ran perfect, I even gave it a few laps around the complex opening it up and it ran great. However, the EPC light is still on.

    I'm not near my VAG cable to check the codes so I'll post those once I get them.

    2014 DSG 44k miles. Stage 1 ECU 93, TCU

    I've researched all of the tuners fairly well and EPL seems to be very reliable so I'm not trying to sling mud or anything, up to this point I've had no issues. But has anybody experienced this before? I guess once I retrieve the codes it'll be much easier to speculate on what happened, take this post as a place holder until I get more info I guess.
    2014 S4 Prestige; CR-15 | Moog End Links | 034 Cross Brace | 034 Rear Sway Bar | EPL Stage 1 & TCU

  17. #4297
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    368462
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtotherock View Post
    Iíve sent numerous emails to Chris..
    He responds within 5 minutes.
    If I call Chris, he answers the phone.
    Iím thinking theirs an underlying reason as to the ďno response.Ē
    I donít know... Maybe Tony or Chris might want to comment.

  18. #4298
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    368462
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    I see an email from 2 days ago we missed, prior to that Chris responded to a Oct 2nd email sent.

    We'll circle back with you this week.
    Tony:

    I donít whant this to turn into a you said I said kind of thing, but... The last response I have from you is from 9/19.. My e-mails from 10/02, 12/04 (actualy the night of 12/03 which was a Sunday) and 12/05 whent unaswered until this morning.

    Lets fix my fault code and move on to more enjoyable things. We are all here to have fun.

  19. #4299
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    Tony:

    I donít whant this to turn into a you said I said kind of thing, but... The last response I have from you is from 9/19.. My e-mails from 10/02, 12/04 (actualy the night of 12/03 which was a Sunday) and 12/05 whent unaswered until this morning.

    Lets fix my fault code and move on to more enjoyable things. We are all here to have fun.
    Ive emailed you already this morning.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  20. #4300
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiserock View Post
    I was coming in to work this morning and my EPC light came on and the car started running pretty rough.

    I was on the entrance ramp rolling about 60 mph and saw an opportunity to avoid some log jam on the merge and floored it, I got up to about 90 and noticed the EPC light and a lot of lag in the car. I turned down my radio and gave it some gas and the car would shudder, like something was plugging it up. I babied it the rest of the way to work, turned off the car, waited a few seconds, started it back up and the car ran perfect, I even gave it a few laps around the complex opening it up and it ran great. However, the EPC light is still on.

    I'm not near my VAG cable to check the codes so I'll post those once I get them.

    2014 DSG 44k miles. Stage 1 ECU 93, TCU

    I've researched all of the tuners fairly well and EPL seems to be very reliable so I'm not trying to sling mud or anything, up to this point I've had no issues. But has anybody experienced this before? I guess once I retrieve the codes it'll be much easier to speculate on what happened, take this post as a place holder until I get more info I guess.
    EPC lights are unfortunately the most common light that comes on on platform with the 3.0 engine. Often times its related to misfires and can result in "hard" cylinder shut down (as you experienced).

    Get us the codes and we will have a look, but my guess is plugs or a coil will be in your future.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  21. #4301
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    368462
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    Ive emailed you already this morning.
    I did write ďuntil this morningĒ, if my English is not perfect and didnít explained myself correctly I am sorry. Again, lets get this issue solved and move one to better things.

  22. #4302
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarberena View Post
    I did write ďuntil this morningĒ,
    Eduardo - we missed a communication... Im owning that.

    Lets move this to email. Thank you.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  23. #4303
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    374846
    Location
    Columbus Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    EPC lights are unfortunately the most common light that comes on on platform with the 3.0 engine. Often times its related to misfires and can result in "hard" cylinder shut down (as you experienced).

    Get us the codes and we will have a look, but my guess is plugs or a coil will be in your future.
    Thanks for the reply Tony. I'll be in touch with the codes once I get them.
    2014 S4 Prestige; CR-15 | Moog End Links | 034 Cross Brace | 034 Rear Sway Bar | EPL Stage 1 & TCU

  24. #4304
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiserock View Post
    Thanks for the reply Tony. I'll be in touch with the codes once I get them.
    Please do!
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  25. #4305
    Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    371376
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    -Some Model Year/VINS may be affected by a fuel injector recall. If you get a notice please let us know before flashing back to a tuned file... there are rumors that the new injector being installed is not the same injector. I just heard about this this week and have not seen the official campaign yet.
    Tony do you have any additional information about this? Recal #, affected VINs?

    Trying to reach out to my contacts at the Dealership/corporate to see if I can dig up any information.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | E40 + Meth | ...
    446WHP / 432WTQ | 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

  26. #4306
    Active Member Two Rings Rybass309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    401667
    Location
    CT

    EPL B8/B8.5 Owners Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    what kind of hp increase do you see from stock --> stage1. considering jumping on the black friday pricing before it ends...
    It's sooooo noticable and worth every penny





    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  27. #4307
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2016
    AZ Member #
    384453
    Location
    New England

    Injector recall? Tell me more

  28. #4308
    Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39408
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA

    That's interesting. Injector failures don't seem to be too common with these cars.
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    11.425 @ 118.16
    For sale: 2007 S4 6MT Past: ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

  29. #4309
    Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    371376
    Location
    Portland, OR

    It might be old news... Older model B8s, Q5/SQ5 and Porsche whatever has the 3.0T had a few fueling recalls.

    I think there was one for the fuel rails no the injectors.

    IDK, I was just looking into the fuel rails and injectors though so it might be a nice OE upgrade? maybe? I doubt we'd get that lucky.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | E40 + Meth | ...
    446WHP / 432WTQ | 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

  30. #4310
    Established Member Two Rings Gtotherock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    121231
    Location
    Naples/Florida

    Just installed pulley/belt and flashed Stg 2.. going from Stg 1.. adaptation period still about the same? 40-50 miles of driving? Car felt faster with each additional day of driving at stg1 for a few days..already can feel that tq going Stg 2.. any info would be appreciated..


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 S4 Estoril blue | DSG | Sports differential | B & O | MMI | Nappa
    EPL Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune/Stage 2 SP in the works
    034 subframe inserts | 034 transmission mount and insert | 034 differential inserts | Solowerks coilovers | ECS Luft-technik carbon fiber intake | 034 x-pipe | Alzor 084 19x9.5 gunmetal wheels

  31. #4311
    Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39408
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtotherock View Post
    Just installed pulley/belt and flashed Stg 2.. going from Stg 1.. adaptation period still about the same? 40-50 miles of driving? Car felt faster with each additional day of driving at stg1 for a few days..already can feel that tq going Stg 2.. any info would be appreciated..


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Find some open road and do a few 3rd gear pulls from 2000 rpm to red line.
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    11.425 @ 118.16
    For sale: 2007 S4 6MT Past: ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

  32. #4312
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2008
    AZ Member #
    23999
    Location
    Winnipeg

    Quote Originally Posted by Rybass309 View Post
    It's sooooo noticable and worth every penny

    That's a nice looking dyno plot right there. Is there one of these for Stage 2?

  33. #4313
    Established Member Two Rings Gtotherock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    121231
    Location
    Naples/Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by kelseysautobody View Post
    Find some open road and do a few 3rd gear pulls from 2000 rpm to red line.
    Thanks! Will do after work


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 S4 Estoril blue | DSG | Sports differential | B & O | MMI | Nappa
    EPL Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune/Stage 2 SP in the works
    034 subframe inserts | 034 transmission mount and insert | 034 differential inserts | Solowerks coilovers | ECS Luft-technik carbon fiber intake | 034 x-pipe | Alzor 084 19x9.5 gunmetal wheels

  34. #4314
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    406885
    Location
    Pittsburgh

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiserock View Post
    Thanks for the reply Tony. I'll be in touch with the codes once I get them.
    Be prepared for a toasted cat. Sounds exactly like what happened with mine. Misfires on 4, 5 and 6. Changed plugs and coils and tested with same result, misfires and cylinder shutdown. Audi replaced the driver's cat under warranty and no issues since getting the car back with new cat. Won't be surprised when the other side goes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app
    2012 S4 Prestige with Sport Differential - DSG - EPL Stage 2 ECU - EPL TCU - CTS Intake
    2016 Mustang GT - Procharged - E85 - 772whp - 11.3 @ 138mph on stock clutch and no launch
    2003 Mustang Cobra - Whipple - 640whp

  35. #4315
    Senior Member Three Rings quietcropduster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2015
    AZ Member #
    316499
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by eurotic View Post
    That's a nice looking dyno plot right there. Is there one of these for Stage 2?
    Thought EPL doesn't remove the speed limiter!?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    B8.5 S4 S-Tronic | Glacier White Metallic Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Carbon Inlays | Roc Euro Intake | LED Fogs | Summer: VMR V710s with Michelin PSS | Winter: OEM Peelers with Pirelli Winter Sottozero Series II | Magnaflow X Pipe | CR-15 Strut Brace | Stasis RSB | various vag-com mods

  36. #4316
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    20887
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Venumous View Post
    Be prepared for a toasted cat. Sounds exactly like what happened with mine. Misfires on 4, 5 and 6. Changed plugs and coils and tested with same result, misfires and cylinder shutdown. Audi replaced the driver's cat under warranty and no issues since getting the car back with new cat. Won't be surprised when the other side goes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app
    In my opinion, jumping the gun on this one... For every 100 EPC lights Ive seen .25 have been cat related... probably less.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kelseysautobody View Post
    Find some open road and do a few 3rd gear pulls from 2000 rpm to red line.
    Recall was due to to leakage, not actual failure.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    203.345.6499
    Friend us on Facebook!

    2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

  37. #4317
    Veteran Member Three Rings brainpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2010
    AZ Member #
    57457
    My Garage
    sk8 banana
    Location
    ontario

    Did a quick OEM vs stage 1 vid for anyone that is interested



    https://youtu.be/RGHD3L1c9iw

    Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Bryan

  38. #4318
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    406885
    Location
    Pittsburgh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    In my opinion, jumping the gun on this one... For every 100 EPC lights Ive seen .25 have been cat related... probably less.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Recall was due to to leakage, not actual failure.
    Not saying it will absolutely be the case. Happened to be exactly my case.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app
    2012 S4 Prestige with Sport Differential - DSG - EPL Stage 2 ECU - EPL TCU - CTS Intake
    2016 Mustang GT - Procharged - E85 - 772whp - 11.3 @ 138mph on stock clutch and no launch
    2003 Mustang Cobra - Whipple - 640whp

  39. #4319
    Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39408
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA

    Quote Originally Posted by brainpan View Post
    Did a quick OEM vs stage 1 vid for anyone that is interested



    Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Looks like you were revving to 7800?? Holy hell
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    11.425 @ 118.16
    For sale: 2007 S4 6MT Past: ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

  40. #4320
    Established Member Two Rings Swat413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 30 2015
    AZ Member #
    365140
    Location
    Boston area

    Finally after about a year and a half i am going from Stage 1 to Stage 2 next friday. Pretty excited.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.