Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,160 of 3664
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ntsantos View Post
    I've ran against Will the last time we both posted slips in the 1/4 mile thread. He ran 11.3x and I ran 11.7x. The biggest drawback of the ZF is the 6400 rpm Rev limit and no launch control. I haven't seen anything less than a 1.7x 60ft. APR is supposed to be coming out with a ZF TCU tune. I hoping that will even things out more with you DSG guys. I'll just need to go on a 500lb diet.
    Oh wow. I think the weight difference might make a bigger improvement over the increased rev limit. But the tcu tune would be easier to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by jachien View Post
    I don't know how severe the sputtering issue is. There's only a handful of us even running full e85 that are vocal. And then even fewer having sputtering issues. So the pool of data is really small and I don't know if there's such person out there with e85 tune and a manual transmission. Tony or chris would obviously know better about that information. But seems everyone that has sputter is a b8.5 dsg to my knowledge.

Ps: how well is the zf holding up? I loved the idea of the dsg when I bought the car. Was the reason I got it in the first place. Have you raced a dsg car with similar mods? Would be curious of outcome.

This...
    Yes the pool is small I'm assuming. I run full. Dsg. No sputtering. If the alcohol gets anywhere above 85, I'll throw lean. Wonder if there are any B8.5's that are having zero issues?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I think I am going to switch to 93 stage 1 from E85 stage 1 so I am not locked to gas stations for a road trip. What's the process to do this? Will I notice anything weird? What's the latest 93 stage 1?

Thanks,

Matthew

Established Member Two Rings 303 Spartan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S4 & 2016 Mazda CX5

Quote Originally Posted by SDV325 View Post
    I will have the TCU flashed tonight. Haven't heard much about the adapt process for the TCU, could you elaborate a little?
    I'm curious about this "adapt process" for the TCU tune as well. I flashed the TCU tune along with the ECU tune exactly as Chris instructed and haven't had any issues. However, now I'm curious if I missed a step to eek out some even better performance.
    2014 Estoril Blue S4
    DSG | ADS | Sport Diff | B&O | Tech Pkg | VMR V710 19x8.5 et35

AZ Member #

It's been posted several times in this thread.
    2013 Lava Grey S4 S-Tronic
    Injen, EPL DP (3.2 ratio) +TCU, Magnaflow Catback Back to Stock, PLM HX

Established Member Two Rings Stana071's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 audi a4 3.0

First time tuner,and all I can say is that EPL's stage 1,91 octane tune is amazing. Feels like a different car im driving.
    Flashed yesterday and already feel the difference!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I can also confirm that:

I'm having sporadic sputter on the newer update, even after reflash
    It doesn't show anything in the logs
    I have a DSG
    I just made the realization that it sounds like the DSG farting (So a fuel-cut like sound)
    DP 93 with anywhere between 0-3 gallons of E85 it does it

Pulling some more logs, but it really seems like a DSG only issue that doesn't show anything in logs. No misfire, no knock, slight fuel rail pressure drop...and that's all.

Anyone try another tune on the DSG to see if it goes away?
    Last edited by xxdunnxx; 07-13-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / GC8

Quote Originally Posted by 303 Spartan View Post
    I'm curious about this "adapt process" for the TCU tune as well. I flashed the TCU tune along with the ECU tune exactly as Chris instructed and haven't had any issues. However, now I'm curious if I missed a step to eek out some even better performance.
    For the most part just have a mixed driving style for 30-40 miles. Steady throttle, the odd step down and a few hard kick downs to really get it moving is what i did for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Stana071 View Post
    First time tuner,and all I can say is that EPL's stage 1,91 octane tune is amazing. Feels like a different car im driving.
    Flashed yesterday and already feel the difference!!

The down low power is definitely noticeable now and the throttle response is much better. Its only been a few days since i have been flashed so looking forward to seeing what this thing can really do this weekend.
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige - Ibis White | Magma | DSG | Sport Diff | Carbon Inlays
    EPL STG 1 & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | 034 TransInsert | RS4 Grille | ECS GEOMET Rotors | Stoptech Pads | CR-15 | Eurocode F/R sways | MOOG Endlinks
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon
    GC8 (sold): http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t136...d-my99-rs.html

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

For the most part just have a mixed driving style for 30-40 miles. Steady throttle, the odd step down and a few hard kick downs to really get it moving is what i did for the most part.

The down low power is definitely noticeable now and the throttle response is much better. Its only been a few days since i have been flashed so looking forward to seeing what this thing can really do this weekend.
    I've noticed this too. Driving in D drives like it is S mode now. I love it.

Established Member Four Rings GRUMPY-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Im on corn and so far so good. Havent had any sputtering issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Stana071's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 audi a4 3.0

Il be even more thrilled if i notice more power in a few days. Unfortunately i dont have any way to measure any of this..its all in the "feel"
    So far no issues,my guess is since i have only the ECU tune due to the 6MT

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

EPL B8/B8.5 Owners Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY-S4 View Post
    Im on corn and so far so good. Havent had any sputtering issues.

I think your corn is better than mine.

Did a pull on a very long freeway on ramp yesterday. Got intermittent sputter in the high rpm range and then cel. Po171 or something like that. Cyl bank lean.

Would a failing cat cause that? Out of curiosity I was monitoring my o2 secondaries on torque app and either they're out of phase or one of my cats just went bad.

2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

I posted this originally in the "Questions you thought you were too stupid to ask..." thread but thought it might be relevant here, too.
    Disclaimer - My intent is not to call into question anything about the EPL tune, but since my car has the EPL Stage 1 tune I am looking for input from other owners.

Past few months I've been noticing what I perceive to be delayed throttle activity, where there is some 'dead' travel in the accelerator pedal before the engine speed increases. I have noticed this is Comfort, Auto and Dynamic modes and the car is 6MT with the following engine/drivetrain modifications: EPL Stage 1 tune, ECS Luft-Technik intake, AWE Touring exhaust system, USP stainless steel clutch line (delay valve delete). I cannot prove it scientifically, but the butt dyno indicates that throttle response used to occur without any dead movement of the pedal, especially in Dynamic mode. The result is jerky starts from rest in 1st gear, and poorly timed shifts while driving. I swear the car feels relatively sluggish, too, but of course I cannot prove that.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it and/or suggest the most logical order of un-modifying the car to see which (if any) of the above mods are contributing to the issue? My current train of thought is to flash back to stock and see if that makes a difference. If not, then swap the stock airbox back in.
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, E-codes, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Might be as simple as a Throttle Body Alignment and hopefully not a cleaning. If you flash the tuned file again after the flash is complete and the OK button pops up turn the car off and count to 10 or 20 before starting the car and it allows the car to do a full TB alignment. And new set of Spark plugs gapped to .026" would not hurt either. These cars are going through plugs sooner than the Audi OEM recommended changes as well.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    Might be as simple as a Throttle Body Alignment and hopefully not a cleaning. If you flash the tuned file again after the flash is complete and the OK button pops up turn the car off and count to 10 or 20 before starting the car and it allows the car to do a full TB alignment. And new set of Spark plugs gapped to .026" would not hurt either. These cars are going through plugs sooner than the Audi OEM recommended changes as well.
    Thanks for your quick feedback. I will follow your recommendation on re-flashing and letting the TB align, and will report back.
    I should have added that the car has 34500 miles so that is approaching the Audi recommended replacement interval. I think that's a DIY job that I could handle. Do you have any recommendations for brand/type of spark plugs for optimal performance with your tune?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, E-codes, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Senior Member Four Rings LittleDozer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by xxdunnxx View Post
    I can also confirm that:

I'm having sporadic sputter on the newer update, even after reflash
    It doesn't show anything in the logs
    I have a DSG
    I just made the realization that it sounds like the DSG farting (So a fuel-cut like sound)
    DP 93 with anywhere between 0-3 gallons of E85 it does it

Pulling some more logs, but it really seems like a DSG only issue that doesn't show anything in logs. No misfire, no knock, slight fuel rail pressure drop...and that's all.

Anyone try another tune on the DSG to see if it goes away?
    It's not the DSG. If your car ran fine on the last file, Chris/Tony can make it available to you again.
    2014 S4 S-Tronic / Sport Diff l EPL DP 57mm+189mm E50 l DSG Tune l Autotech HPFP l FlexFuel LPFP l AWE Intake l AWE ColdFront l MerTop Headers l Stasis NR DPs w/ Borla Catback l H&R OE Sports l 034 Transmission Insert l ECS Rear Diff Inserts l Alu Kreuz l CR-15 Strut l EuroCode F/R Sways l TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 l Hawk Ceramic

Cosmetic: ENLAES CF Lid l LED Fogs + Interior l Xpel Full Front l RS4 Grille Graphite Gray l Carbon Wrapped Valence l Gloss Wrapped Cluster l J-Codes

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ntsantos View Post
    I seem to be the only one that can run full e85 with zero issues. I get a lean code once in a while, but I just clear it and all is good. I'm also the only one with a ZF transmission, so I'm guessing this Sputter is a DSG thing. Unless my 3.0T is special.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
    I'm finally running e85 DP without issues. It took a few months, but it's working.
    C7 A6 3.0T Prestige, Phantom Black
    Stage 2 EPL Dual Pulley, E85, 189mm Fluidampr, Autotech HPFP, Roc Euro Intake, D4 A8 Calipers, 380mm rotors, RS6 Grill, RS6 Pedals, 17mm F, 20mm R spacers.

Past
    B6 S4 Avant
    C5 RS6 Stage 2+
    B5 S4 Stage 3+
    B6 S4
    R32

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SteveYem View Post
    Thanks for your quick feedback. I will follow your recommendation on re-flashing and letting the TB align, and will report back.
    I should have added that the car has 34500 miles so that is approaching the Audi recommended replacement interval. I think that's a DIY job that I could handle. Do you have any recommendations for brand/type of spark plugs for optimal performance with your tune?
    Just stick with the stock NGK plugs gapped to .026"
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDozer View Post
    It's not the DSG. If your car ran fine on the last file, Chris/Tony can make it available to you again.
    It's the same tune that I've had from the start. I reflashed it, gave it more time between pressing OK then starting it, and it seemed to not sputter. I think that was a coincidence, as some days are worse than others.

I haven't had a chance to pull good logs yet but the crappy logs show all the usual.

It just sounds like the ECU intervening since it's perfectly rythmic and not necessarily in line with revs. I'll get a video at some point unless it goes away again.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Bdangs11 View Post
    Any update on 8K5927156D TCU update?

Any update?

Current:
    2015 Dakota S4 DSG P+
    2015 Triumph Street Triple RX

Past:
    2011 TTS, 2012 Subaru STi, 2007 Subaru WRX, 2003 SVT Ford Focus
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just installed my pulley and flashed the stage 2 tune on Sunday.

Logged about 80 miles since and I've noticed my idle is slightly rougher than it was with the stage 1.

Anyone else noticed this after moving to stage 2?

Sent from my Pixel using Audizine mobile app
    My car.

Stuff I've bolted to my car

-Random Quote-

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I moved onto dual pulley straight from stage 1 and didnt really notice a rough idle

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app
    2014 S5

AWE Touring Exhaust l ECS Intake l EPL Dual Pulley 93 l AMS Alpha Cooler

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    Just stick with the stock NGK plugs gapped to .026"
    Do you see any problems using these NGK 94460KT plugs?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ngk-part...f-six/94460kt/
    2015 Daytona Gray S4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SteveYem View Post
    Do you see any problems using these NGK 94460KT plugs?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ngk-part...f-six/94460kt/
    Those plugs would be perfect and gap them to .026"
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

It's the same tune that I've had from the start. I reflashed it, gave it more time between pressing OK then starting it, and it seemed to not sputter. I think that was a coincidence, as some days are worse than others.

I haven't had a chance to pull good logs yet but the crappy logs show all the usual.

It just sounds like the ECU intervening since it's perfectly rythmic and not necessarily in line with revs. I'll get a video at some point unless it goes away again.
    You'll get more sputter on days that the air is cooler/denser, that's why you notice it sometimes and other times don't. Logs won't show anything, needs direct memory access to see it. Has to do with when the injectors open (not how long they open).
    2014 S4 S-Tronic / Sport Diff l EPL DP 57mm+189mm E50 l DSG Tune l Autotech HPFP l FlexFuel LPFP l AWE Intake l AWE ColdFront l MerTop Headers l Stasis NR DPs w/ Borla Catback l H&R OE Sports l 034 Transmission Insert l ECS Rear Diff Inserts l Alu Kreuz l CR-15 Strut l EuroCode F/R Sways l TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 l Hawk Ceramic

Cosmetic: ENLAES CF Lid l LED Fogs + Interior l Xpel Full Front l RS4 Grille Graphite Gray l Carbon Wrapped Valence l Gloss Wrapped Cluster l J-Codes

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Do we know the injector duty cycle? For the guys that are e85 dual pulley, how close are we to the limit of what the injectors can handle?

AZ Member #

You'll get more sputter on days that the air is cooler/denser, that's why you notice it sometimes and other times don't. Logs won't show anything, needs direct memory access to see it. Has to do with when the injectors open (not how long they open).
    So you're saying that this is normal due to the dense air or is it problematic?

I'm pulling my plugs this Sunday to check the gaps. Would the denser air cause spark blow-out?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

So you're saying that this is normal due to the dense air or is it problematic?

I'm pulling my plugs this Sunday to check the gaps. Would the denser air cause spark blow-out?
    Not normal, shouldn't happen. Literally nothing you can do to fix it unless you've logged and shown it to be a misfire.

If it's the sputter the rest of us get, Tony will need to tweak the tune for you.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Just added 3gal of E85 with my normal 1/4 tank fill up. Damn feeeeeel the difference, I'm liking this. So much more responsive and smoother. Just have to add the Ethanol Content Analyzer to my P# gauge and I'll be good to go.

2013 Audi S5 Estoril Blue w/ Panda Interior | ELP Stage 2 Dual Pulley | 183 Fluidampr/CTS Pulley | PLM HE | AWE Touring w/ Resonated Downpipes | ECS Luft-Technik Intake | H&R Coilovers | CR-15 | 03 Motorsports Mounts | Eurocode AluKruez | Eurocode USS Sway Bar | P3 Vent Gauge | oCarbon CF Dash | CF Inlays | RS5 Grill | RS5 MMI | RS5 Door Handles | Power Folding Mirrors | ECODES TBI

Weekend Warriors - '97 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 / '96 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder

AZ Member #

Not normal, shouldn't happen. Literally nothing you can do to fix it unless you've logged and shown it to be a misfire.

If it's the sputter the rest of us get, Tony will need to tweak the tune for you.

I'll do my best but no matter how many times I've logged and made it sputt- no misfires.

It's only when going into accel in only a section of the rev range. It just so happens to be the prime fun rev range.

Established Member Two Rings 303 Spartan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S4 & 2016 Mazda CX5

Quote Originally Posted by oohnoo View Post
    Just added 3gal of E85 with my normal 1/4 tank fill up. Damn feeeeeel the difference, I'm liking this. So much more responsive and smoother. Just have to add the Ethanol Content Analyzer to my P# gauge and I'll be good to go.
    Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised with the difference 3gal E85 makes with the EPL tune as well. Especially with the 90+ degree heat we've been dealing with here. Chris told me I could use the 93 tune with a 3gal E85 mix (only have 91 octane here in CO). However, I opted to stick with the 91 tune and give the car a little more headroom with the extra octane, rather than trying to eek out a little more power.
    2014 Estoril Blue S4
    DSG | ADS | Sport Diff | B&O | Tech Pkg | VMR V710 19x8.5 et35

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oohnoo View Post
    Where did you get e85 in the area?

2014 S5

AWE Touring Exhaust l ECS Intake l EPL Dual Pulley 93 l AMS Alpha Cooler

Veteran Member Three Rings tgsweat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'll do my best but no matter how many times I've logged and made it sputt- no misfires.

It's only when going into accel in only a section of the rev range. It just so happens to be the prime fun rev range.
    I have this exact issue with my GIAC DP tune. Around 4k if i get on it, it sputters a second or two before it starts to pull. Like above, it happens more when its cooler out. So annoying because thats the range i usually downshift to to accelerate. I've logged a million times and everything looks fine. I just had one of my cats replaced, so audi did the file update to address the cat issue which gave me a new stock file and GIAC seems to think their DP for the box code will fix my issue. We shall see.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

They're everywhere out here in LI. I have 3 stations within 2 miles of me.

https://getethanol.com/ethanol-finde...bsite_20160915

Also many phone apps available

Quote Originally Posted by scmtkings4 View Post
    Where did you get e85 in the area?

2013 Audi S5 Estoril Blue w/ Panda Interior | ELP Stage 2 Dual Pulley | 183 Fluidampr/CTS Pulley | PLM HE | AWE Touring w/ Resonated Downpipes | ECS Luft-Technik Intake | H&R Coilovers | CR-15 | 03 Motorsports Mounts | Eurocode AluKruez | Eurocode USS Sway Bar | P3 Vent Gauge | oCarbon CF Dash | CF Inlays | RS5 Grill | RS5 MMI | RS5 Door Handles | Power Folding Mirrors | ECODES TBI

Weekend Warriors - '97 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 / '96 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by tgsweat View Post
    I have this exact issue with my GIAC DP tune. Around 4k if i get on it, it sputters a second or two before it starts to pull. Like above, it happens more when its cooler out. So annoying because thats the range i usually downshift to to accelerate. I've logged a million times and everything looks fine. I just had one of my cats replaced, so audi did the file update to address the cat issue which gave me a new stock file and GIAC seems to think their DP for the box code will fix my issue. We shall see.
    Haha yep 4k in 3rd or 4th gear is the prime spot for sputter. Keep us posted.

AZ Member #

Haha yep 4k in 3rd or 4th gear is the prime spot for sputter. Keep us posted.
    So it's not just EPL? I wonder if APR does too...

Dozer, did you get yours to go away completely with whatever adjustment Tony made?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

EPL B8/B8.5 Owners Discussion Thread

So it's not just EPL? I wonder if APR does too...

Dozer, did you get yours to go away completely with whatever adjustment Tony made?
    The 93 update worked for me. The E85 update helped but it still sucks enough where I'm not using it.

Established Member Three Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone tried bringing the car in for service and gotten td1 flagged based on # of flashes stored in memory?
    '13 S4 - Phantom Black | DSG | Silver Inlays | Alcantara | Sport Differential | Akebono Pads | ECS Transmission Mount | ECS F/R Differential Mount
    EPL Stage 2+ Dual Pulley | EPL TCU | JHM 179 Pulley | MercRacing Heat Exchanger | X-Pipe | Black Badges | Blacked Out Sidemarkers | LED's
    Nitto Motivo | Roc Euro Intake |RS Grill | 35% Tint Windows | 35% Tint Tail Lights | Shadow Lights | Quattro License Plate Frame | 5000K Fog Lights | VAGCOM Mods

Established Member Two Rings 00passat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 gmc sierra 2500hd 6.6 dirtymax
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by maty360414 View Post
    Has anyone tried bringing the car in for service and gotten td1 flagged based on # of flashes stored in memory?
    Took mine in with 4 flashes on the counter and no issues, they did scan it for codes aswell.
    2014 S4 Dsg B&O , Sports Diff , Audi Side Assist, Carbon fiber Trim, 19' Peelers, Valentine One Hardwired ,Ecs tuning silicone inlet,Supercharger badges

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by maty360414 View Post
    Nope