Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    91 tune is officially done, flashed last revision last night and was running perfect. Graph of the log is below to show the progress and is about as good as it's possible to achieve with our crappy 91octane pump so it's officially E85 time.

However, as #b5life goes, the ECU bricked itself this morning when I got in the car to go to the office. Not the end of the world since I still have the Rolls Royce which I took to work, however it's truly ironic a 1977 Rolls Royce is a reliable backup car to a B5 S4.

Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 308K - 2.8sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I love that you're running a 3.18 on 91. That's awesome. Can't wait to see it on corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Dfloods4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice update . How does this setup on 91 feel compared to your e85 comp turbo hybrids (Although it was short lived on both stock bottom end and the built motor)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by vavJETTAw36 View Post
    I love that you're running a 3.18 on 91. That's awesome. Can't wait to see it on corn

It's running very well and far exceeded my expectations, it's definitely faster than it was on E85 with stock motor/Compturbos! Shooting for low 2 second FATs but I think I'll probably run out of injector before running out of max headroom with the setup. Blake sent me a new ECU so should arrive tomorrow, after that I'll just need to run the tank down and fill up with E!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfloods4 View Post
    Nice update . How does this setup on 91 feel compared to your e85 comp turbo hybrids (Although it was short lived on both stock bottom end and the built motor)

Boost definitely comes in later but it comes in much harder, spool will be much better on E85 so that might be a more fair comparison. That said I really like the more linear boost curve of the K24s (Turbosmarts provide a noticeable improvement per Blake) although for city driving I like the K04 hybrids since boost comes in sooner.

It's unfortunate the CompTurbos were junk, I still need to sort out their failed work with them.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 308K - 2.8sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    It's running very well and far exceeded my expectations, it's definitely faster than it was on E85 with stock motor/Compturbos! Shooting for low 2 second FATs but I think I'll probably run out of injector before running out of max headroom with the setup. Blake sent me a new ECU so should arrive tomorrow, after that I'll just need to run the tank down and fill up with E!

Boost definitely comes in later but it comes in much harder, spool will be much better on E85 so that might be a more fair comparison. That said I really like the more linear boost curve of the K24s (Turbosmarts provide a noticeable improvement per Blake) although for city driving I like the K04 hybrids since boost comes in sooner.

It's unfortunate the CompTurbos were junk, I still need to sort out their failed work with them.
    Are you girdled?

And you mean that Blake says the turbosmart WG provided a more linear boost curve?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Yes, I'm not the one with experience nor am I a tuning expert but these are the three takeaways he's shared comparing these with normal wastegate K24s. No girdle here, just BEL block.

- Slightly faster boost ramp up, hold better up top
    - Runs lower N75 DTC to maintain given boost request
    - Consistency and ease of tuning

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Got the ECU worked out, just needed a soft restart and made a new copy of the tune in case the previous one was corrupted. All is good in the hood and now just need to run the rest of the 91 out then it's E85 time.

Now I need to get the car dialed on E85 and will be doing the roll racing event December 22nd, will be getting a 91 octane acceleration video and an E85 acceleration video along with vBox data if I can pick one up.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

So good news, the car is officially back on corn. Got the tank as low as I dared to go and filled up with 15.4 gallons of E85! Can't complain about paying $2 a gallon again, now I'm just going to drive around on part throttle to burn through this tank then fill back up and send Blake the LTFTs and a part throttle log to officially kick off tuning again!

Also signed up for the Roll Racing America event in Fontana January 5th which will be a lot of fun and said goodbye to the Rolls, spent a lot of time polishing and doing detail work before returning it to the owner. Not bad for original 40 year old paint and I'm sure the B5 is happy to get the garage spot back. Cue obligatory E85 pump shot and got a new GoPro mount as well.