Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,401 to 1,408 of 1408
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    This turbo is only $1695 now on the JHM website. I could swear that last time I looked it was $1750.

I am about to splurge . Really would like to see dyno result of this turbo on the APR software!
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 A4 Tiptronic, IE intercooler, JHM HFC, JHM K04-R, United Motorsport K04 tune 91 Octane, APR intake, AWE Tuning A4 Touring Edition Exhaust - Quad Tip. Sportline 7S Gunmetal 19x9.5 ET40.

Established Member Two Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

United Motorsports can do a k04 tune, and it will be custom to your car. There's another member here that is running the JHM K04-R and UM tune through four seasons, he's right above me ^^^^^^ Anyway, I was talking to the guys at four seasons tuning today and they said that JHM turbo should easily put down 350whp based on the first few revisions UM has done. I also talked with APR and they do not recommend running that turbo on their tune, no surprise there as I'm sure they would echo the same sentiment with the CTS K04.
    What concerns me, and the guys at four seasons, is that the JHM K04-R has been molested to the point where the characteristics have shifted too far from the standard BW unit. Compressor surge and boost creep could be a serious issue. Can the APR tune handle it??? You don't want that thing grenading itself in 4th gear under full load.
    The CTS and APR K04 are almost Identical, the JHM is more like the love child of Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz. Cool and collected on one hand, wild and unpredictable on the other.

Of course, this is all just speculation at this point.
    Last edited by AUDacIouS4; 06-23-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    2010 S4: Stasis tune/ Stasis 20x9 Mesh wheels/ Stasis exhaust

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    United Motorsports can do a k04 tune, and it will be custom to your car. There's another member here that is running the JHM K04-R and UM tune through four seasons, he's right above me ^^^^^^ Anyway, I was talking to the guys at four seasons tuning today and they said that JHM turbo should easily put down 350whp based on the first few revisions UM has done. I also talked with APR and they do not recommend running that turbo on their tune, no surprise there as I'm sure they would echo the same sentiment with the CTS K04.
    What concerns me, and the guys at four seasons, is that the JHM K04-R has been molested to the point where the characteristics have shifted too far from the standard BW unit. Compressor surge and boost creep could be a serious issue. Can the APR tune handle it??? You don't want that thing grenading itself in 4th gear under full load.
    The CTS and APR K04 are almost Identical, the JHM is more like the love child of Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz. Cool and collected on one hand, wild and unpredictable on the other.

i think i reply to your message, but it was through my phone and internet where am at currently are shitty, let me know if u received my reply or not

2014 A4 Tiptronic, IE intercooler, JHM HFC, JHM K04-R, United Motorsport K04 tune 91 Octane, APR intake, AWE Tuning A4 Touring Edition Exhaust - Quad Tip. Sportline 7S Gunmetal 19x9.5 ET40.

Veteran Member Four Rings Alex1188's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 FORD EDGE

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post

The problem of ANY K04 variant turbo is the pre-turbine back pressure. Unless JHM has ported the exhaust manifold or increased its flow capability some how other than clipping the turbine wheel, people are gonna have a hard time hitting the mid 300s or higher. EGTs will get way to hot and or cause possible valve float trying to push it to hard, just cause they stuck some big or modified compressor wheel into the mix doesnt mean its gonna be awesome or ground breaking for K04 performance. Im not doubting the guys at UM, or the turbo made my JHM, but i just dont see it happening....especially on pump gas.

Id be curious what the peak airflow in G/S anyones gotten out of this turbo, or what JHM is rating the compressor wheel for?...Maybe Jake@JHM will post a compressor map?!?!
    |CURRENT|09 B8 A4 QUATTRO|EURODYNE|FRANKENTURBO F23L|

|PAST TURBOS|IHI JH5|PROTOTYPE BW K03 BILLET WHEEL|

- OEM IHI K03 APR STAGE 2+ V1.0-1/4 MILE TIME 13.54@100.25MPH(-85DA)
    -

Veteran Member Three Rings OzeyeruZ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I wonder what the JHM Ko4-R can do on E85....

2013 Scuba Blue A4 Premium
    EuroCode / APR / H&R / Bilstein / VagCom / AWE / NGK / 034 / GFB / HRE / Valentine1 HW / CR15 / Black Viton Injector Seals / Fluidamper / Ko4 #00Negative

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1188 View Post

Id be curious what the peak airflow in G/S anyones gotten out of this turbo, or what JHM is rating the compressor wheel for?...Maybe Jake@JHM will post a compressor map?!?!
    Exactly!!!^^^

You can't just slap in a "similar" turbo and cross your fingers hoping the APR tune will save the day. It's the same reason you can't drive around running a K03 file with a K04 turbo installed. BOOM!
    I'm assuming most people don't have a good understanding of turbo compressor maps. If your running that turbo on the edge of the surge line up high your playing with fire. The goal is to have the turbo operate well within the limits of it's efficiency "range" both for longevity of the turbo itself and predictability with its performance.

Here's a good read from a few years ago.
    http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18432

AZ Member #

Here's the cliff notes:

Alex@AWE writes:

K04 compressor MAP

Last edited by AUDacIouS4; 06-24-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    I don't have any experience with UM and their software. I know the APR Software performs very well with the K04 variant turbo.
    Jake @ JHM already stated that their K04 works well with the APR software. Jake, could you expand a little bit on some testing you've done, or how you know that software will work well?

I'm about to buy your turbo and want to run APR software.