Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 2,281 to 2,312 of 2312
    Veteran Member Three Rings OzeyeruZ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllroadCorbin View Post
    Brake boosted to like 2400 and let her rip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know about anyone else but I feel like my break boost caps at 2400-2500 on S mode. I think to go any higher we would have to try putting it into fake-manual, but Im not willing to play with that.

Oz

Senior Member Three Rings Roadtrippn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Man I'm looking forward to getting out to the drag strip. I tried launching my car the other day, (6MT LWFW Endurance clutch) it actually spun the wheels slightly, and more impressive was I had 3 other people in the car. With my fat tires i NEVER spin them. I'm waiting for cooler weather down here in FL and to get the timing chain tensioner done.
    2011 A4 2.0TQ 6MT - CTS K04, APR Quad, AWE DP, TR8 intercooler,ECS LWFW/Southbend Edurance clutch,Vogtland coilovers, SPC control arms, 20% tint, 10'' JL Audio sub,
    2001 A4 1.8TQ Borla exhaust, AWE boost gauge, GIAC X, K&N, 17s, Depo Ecodes, ST coils. SOLD

Established Member Three Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Curious what ill run with a stage 3 tune, HFC, and intercooler on the K03.

Established Member Two Rings Coldcarnival's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    The difference between @Allroadcorbin and @Coldcarnival's time slips seems to be all in the launch. Those 60' times are very different.

Seems like Corbin did a proper launch with a 2 second reaction time, but Coldcarnival just gunned it when the light went green.
    I botched the launch big time I might have built boost to around 2000.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Audizine mobile app
    B8.5+E85=

Established Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Just get some lightweight 18" wheels and stickier street tires, that's what all the B8 S4 guys do. You'll shave a few tenths off and lower that 60' time to around 1.7-1.9.
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    Have you ever actually drag raced a B8 tiptronic? Or are you just arguing hypotheticals on what I should be able to do based on YouTube videos you've watched.
    Lettuce, not arguing just trying to help. for lots of the guys here it seems to be the first time making passes. This board has helped me tremendously with my b8 so i'm just trying to add some value. I've had a few cars over the years and the process is the same for all of them.

AZ Member #

Brake boosted to like 2400 and let her rip

What gap are you running on your spark?

B8.5+E85=

Senior Member Four Rings AllroadCorbin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcarnival View Post
    What gap are you running on your spark?

B8.5 Allroad | APR | CTS K04
    B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Senior Member Four Rings lettuce's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    Lettuce, not arguing just trying to help. for lots of the guys here it seems to be the first time making passes. This board has helped me tremendously with my b8 so i'm just trying to add some value. I've had a few cars over the years and the process is the same for all of them.
    I would prefer not to argue either. I have a lot of timeslips with my car trying a lot of different launch techniques. Go up to the drag strip and make a few passes trying out the technique in your youtube videos with a tiptronic B8 on a street night and then come back and let us know how it went.
    B8 A4 - Eurodyne-tuned F23L - 12.6 @ 107 on 93

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

I want to strip the car and borrow some lightweight wheels, and try the 104 file on some MS109. I want 12 flat.

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Three Rings majerrahim's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I want to strip the car and borrow some lightweight wheels, and try the 104 file on some MS109. I want 12 flat.

I used to use 260gt+ 104 Oct from Sunoco when I had revo 100map file.
    Did you run that 12.3 on e85 or 93 or a mix of both?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AWE EXHAUST, Downpipe, AWE FMIC , Carbonio Intake, AEM water/methanol kit, CTS BorgWagner K04 turbo kit+Test Pipe, APR K04 software E85 24/7, alu kreuz drivetrain stabilizer, KW V1 , AWE boost gauge, CTS catch can kit, Sline steering wheel with shift paddles, inlet hose, intercooler hose kit, rear diff mount, transmission mount, enkei19in with michelin pilot super sport 255/35/19, ECs slotted rotors with stainless steel lines and hawk hps 5.0, rs5 grill, SPC adjustable control arm

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Are you able to get any high E85 ethanol % from any local pumps? Its so hit or miss in my neck of the woods, ranges from 35%-79%, usually around 55%. The sucky thing is that E85 is cut with 87 octane, so if your ethanol sensor reports 50% ethanol, the other 50% is 87!!! That works out to roughly 95 octane. To combat this I just ordered the Snow Performance stage 2 boost controller #210, it comes with a multi purpose gauge that is an analog boost gauge/meth controller. Using that in conjunction with your current setup will get you into the high 11's(and lightweight wheels). That's stage 2 B8 S4 territory. Dual Pulley is 11.4<< @ 122ish
    Better hurry up, I'm gonna run a CTS k04 in a custom GIAC E85/meth file.

do it!!
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by majerrahim View Post
    I used to use 260gt+ 104 Oct from Sunoco when I had revo 100map file.
    Did you run that 12.3 on e85 or 93 or a mix of both?

39% E on the 93 map

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    Are you able to get any high E85 ethanol % from any local pumps? Its so hit or miss in my neck of the woods, ranges from 35%-79%, usually around 55%. The sucky thing is that E85 is cut with 87 octane, so if your ethanol sensor reports 50% ethanol, the other 50% is 87!!! That works out to roughly 95 octane. To combat this I just ordered the Snow Performance stage 2 boost controller #210, it comes with a multi purpose gauge that is an analog boost gauge/meth controller. Using that in conjunction with your current setup will get you into the high 11's(and lightweight wheels). That's stage 2 B8 S4 territory. Dual Pulley is 11.4<< @ 122ish
    Better hurry up, I'm gonna run a CTS k04 in a custom GIAC E85/meth file.

do it!!
    I have access to consistent 70-75% E

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Three Rings majerrahim's Avatar
    AZ Member #

39% E on the 93 map

You should run after filling e85 several times yo get rid of any 93oct. And then take it again. According to Apr website You get more power from e85 rather than running 100map

AWE EXHAUST, Downpipe, AWE FMIC , Carbonio Intake, AEM water/methanol kit, CTS BorgWagner K04 turbo kit+Test Pipe, APR K04 software E85 24/7, alu kreuz drivetrain stabilizer, KW V1 , AWE boost gauge, CTS catch can kit, Sline steering wheel with shift paddles, inlet hose, intercooler hose kit, rear diff mount, transmission mount, enkei19in with michelin pilot super sport 255/35/19, ECs slotted rotors with stainless steel lines and hawk hps 5.0, rs5 grill, SPC adjustable control arm

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

B8 Ko4 owners follow up thread

Quote Originally Posted by majerrahim View Post
    You should run after filling e85 several times yo get rid of any 93oct. And then take it again. According to Apr website You get more power from e85 rather than running 100map

Going to try MS109. It's 105 octane and I'll run the 104 file. I find that sometimes on full E85 the car feels like it's choking and can't get enough fuel. The quality and consistency of the MS109 is great. I'm going to run it dry (0 miles to empty which is 2 gallons) on E85. Then add 2 gallons of MS109. Im going to try that theory of diminishing returns above 50% E. So I'll use the 104/E85 map and hopefully get the benefit of both.

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Established Member Two Rings MASTURB8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know if we can get the trans to shift like it does after using launch mode, but all the time? The only time the shifts are bearable is after launching in sport mode from a dig. The problem with this is that it shifts to early for the k04. In every other driving scenario, shifts are horribly slow. I didn't even know that launch mode was actually a thing, but the shifts are clearly different when using it. Included is a video of the car shifting through the gears after a launch.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by MASTURB8 View Post
    Does anyone know if we can get the trans to shift like it does after using launch mode, but all the time? The only time the shifts are bearable is after launching in sport mode from a dig. The problem with this is that it shifts to early for the k04. In every other driving scenario, shifts are horribly slow. I didn't even know that launch mode was actually a thing, but the shifts are clearly different when using it. Included is a video of the car shifting through the gears after a launch.

That's something Jamie at APR called Vmax mode IIRC. It feels a lot like the way a PDK bangs shifts in advanced mode (it's really rough). I do not think this is something you want the box to do all the time for the sake of longevity. I honestly don't notice my shifts are much quicker in this mode. Just feels rough. Driving the S3 DSG back to back with my Allroad I don't think the ZF rips off shifts much slower. It's damn quick for a TQ converter box

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #

That's something Jamie at APR called Vmax mode IIRC. It feels a lot like the way a PDK bangs shifts in advanced mode (it's really rough). I do not think this is something you want the box to do all the time for the sake of longevity. I honestly don't notice my shifts are much quicker in this mode. Just feels rough. Driving the S3 DSG back to back with my Allroad I don't think the ZF rips off shifts much slower. It's damn quick for a TQ converter box

I don't necessarily want this to be enabled 100% of the time. I was thinking more for roll racing etc. I have the 6 speed so I don't know how much different it is compared to the 8 speed, however shifts for me are a noticable pause between gears in normal mode.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

B8 Ko4 owners follow up thread

I don't necessarily want this to be enabled 100% of the time. I was thinking more for roll racing etc. I have the 6 speed so I don't know how much different it is compared to the 8 speed, however shifts for me are a noticable pause between gears in normal mode.
    I did a ton of research on the ZF8 and it's actually really different than the 6 speed. It's pretty cool tech. But it sounds like they both have that mode

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Senior Member Four Rings lettuce's Avatar
    AZ Member #

To both of your points, the 6 speed is a lot less snappy under normal driving than the 8 speed. So yea, Corbin you don't have to deal with the redline, full-throttle, slushbox shifts that us 6 speed guys have to, or at least not to the same extent.

That being said, if you manually shift around the same points that your car shifts for you after launching in S-mode (visible in the vid masturb8 posted), you will get the same snappiness. I'm pretty sure this is the only thing differentiating the shift speed/quality between normal driving and s-mode launches - the shift points.

This is pretty much how I always shift when driving around town, short-shifting at around 4.7-5k or so out of 1st and 2nd gear. It's so snappy, and yeah you don't get to wring it out to redline, but do you really have to around town? You're still in boost in the RPM you're at in the next gear so you're not losing a whole lot. And it sounds and feels so much cooler than the soft, gradual shift when waiting till redline.

Edit: and when I do wring it out to redline in 1st or 2nd, I just let off the gas completely the instant I shift up, pause a split second, then hammer it back on when it shifts. That way I feel cool like I'm driving a manual and I don't look like a loser with a crappy old transmission. It's also funner because you get to feel the turbo spool back up and suck you back into your seat.
    B8 A4 - Eurodyne-tuned F23L - 12.6 @ 107 on 93

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

To both of your points, the 6 speed is a lot less snappy under normal driving than the 8 speed. So yea, Corbin you don't have to deal with the redline, full-throttle, slushbox shifts that us 6 speed guys have to, or at least not to the same extent.

That being said, if you manually shift around the same points that your car shifts for you after launching in S-mode (visible in the vid masturb8 posted), you will get the same snappiness. I'm pretty sure this is the only thing differentiating the shift speed/quality between normal driving and s-mode launches - the shift points.

This is pretty much how I always shift when driving around town, short-shifting at around 4.7-5k or so out of 1st and 2nd gear. It's so snappy, and yeah you don't get to wring it out to redline, but do you really have to around town? You're still in boost in the RPM you're at in the next gear so you're not losing a whole lot. And it sounds and feels so much cooler than the soft, gradual shift when waiting till redline.

Edit: and when I do wring it out to redline in 1st or 2nd, I just let off the gas completely the instant I shift up, pause a split second, then hammer it back on when it shifts. That way I feel cool like I'm driving a manual and I don't look like a loser with a crappy old transmission. It's also funner because you get to feel the turbo spool back up and suck you back into your seat.
    Lol. I'll take my loser and slush box smoothness.

In all seriousness...I would never want my Allroad in a manual. I spend way too much time in either horrible traffic or really long highway trips. I love shifting my B5 S4 on weekends but I would hate it on a daily basis... especially getting home at like 9-10pm after a late night at the office. Getting into an automatic and just letting it deal with shit when you're totally exhausted is just nice. Plus being able to do 80mph at 2k is just pleasant.

If the car was a NA 3.8 911 that just makes more power the further you rev it, then I'd definitely opt for a manual

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Lol. I'll take my loser and slush box smoothness.

In all seriousness...I would never want my Allroad in a manual. I spend way too much time in either horrible traffic or really long highway trips. I love shifting my B5 S4 on weekends but I would hate it on a daily basis... especially getting home at like 9-10pm after a late night at the office. Getting into an automatic and just letting it deal with shit when you're totally exhausted is just nice. Plus being able to do 80mph at 2k is just pleasant. I'm bummed the new Allroads have a 7 speed DSG. It drove excellent when I test drove one, but I wonder what it's torque capacity will be without a TCU tune or expensive clutch packs. The ZF8 does its job well.

If the car was a NA 3.8 911 that just makes more power the further you rev it, then I'd definitely opt for a manual

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Established Member Three Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I can't stand how slow the 6spd shifts. Coming from other transmissions that I had built and tuned, the 6hp28 is awful by comparison.

AZ Member #

Lmao I find myself driving like you said in your edit far too often. I find it works best if you let of just enough for the boost to be released, but not all the way off. If I ever have passengers with me when I do that by habit, they ask what's wrong with my car and why I have to shift it manually and why the shifts are so rough.

I'm going to the drag strip on Friday, I'll try out some different shifting techniques and see what works best for me for pure acceleration purposes. Might even try the fake manual shifting to see how slow that makes it haha.

Veteran Member Four Rings Zach L's Avatar
    AZ Member #

70 mile daily commute in traffic. Love my 6MT!

The CTS kit seems to be going for $2,040 at a few places this Labor Day weekend.
    Last edited by Zach L; 08-30-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    Daily Driver: B8 A4 Quattro 6MT, Aruba Blue on Black, Premium Plus, Sport Package, Bang & Olufsen
    Current Projects: 2006 VW GTI 2.0T 6MT 1997 VW Golf 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel 1972 VW Bay Window Bus

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Zach L View Post
    70 mile daily commute in traffic. Love my 6MT!

The CTS kit seems to be going for $2,040 at a few places this Labor Day weekend.
    If the avant came in a 6mt, that's what I'd have! I was thinking of doing a manual swap, but seeing as i can't really take my audi off of the road for any extended period of time, and my supra is already a manual, I think I'll live. Although I've got a spare r154 from the supra. I wonder if that'll fit lmao

Veteran Member Three Rings pierreb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 (4M)

If the avant came in a 6mt, that's what I'd have! I was thinking of doing a manual swap, but seeing as i can't really take my audi off of the road for any extended period of time, and my supra is already a manual, I think I'll live. Although I've got a spare r154 from the supra. I wonder if that'll fit lmao

AZ Member #

Trying to understand why my car feels faster on lower ethanol content. I haven't logged it so this is purely on the butt Dyno. So I fill up on e85 predominantly at 2 places. The first one advertise's ethanol content of 53- 83 % and is listed as 94oct on the pump. The second one is advertised as e85 (70% min ethanol content) and is listed as 104oct on the pump. So why does it feel like my car pulls harder on "94oct"? Before you guys tell me to test it already ordered the test kits on Amazon ( $20 a piece). Just trying to get some food for thought while I wait for them to arrive.

B8.5+E85=

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

39% ethanol (according to APR mobile readout). 93 octane file. CTS K04 and APR. 12.3 @ 111. Not bad for a 124,000 mile Allroad

What was the DA? You can look it up online for that specific track and time you ran.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    What was the DA? You can look it up online for that specific track and time you ran.
    I'll check but I recall seeing a number in the 700s. Idk why but that's stuck in my head

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Boost leak test for those interested

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781359