Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Two Rings Brandon K.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX400h... a nice appliance

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon K. View Post

The surging had continued to increase and become more annoying. Swapping out the plugs to the old ones reduced it dramatically but it is still there. I may try disconnecting the battery to reset the adaptation to see if that fixes it before going back to the old coils.

The old plugs have seen better days and should probably be replaced, but they work better than the new ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Installed new stock plugs gaped down slightly per APR dealer and it makes no difference. I will let my local APR dealer figure out what the problem is.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

At my APR dealer having an oil change. From the test drive, they said my car is doing the exact same surging that two other cars started after they did the stage 2 on their customers B8s. They said they have a couple hunches that they are going to try and log. One of their hunches is that it could be the torque converter trying to decide between locking and unlocking. They believe that if it is a problem inside the tune itself, that they doubt customer logs will help and APR will need to get a symptomatic car on their dyno. I will let everybody know (including APR) if they are able to find something.

I also purchased a Vac Com cable and will do some logs for APR. They had asked me to do this when I originally reported the problem to them. Wish me luck!

Established Member Two Rings TurboNate's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've been having this same exact issue myself. I'm on stage 1 APR and at 107k miles. I recently changed out my fuel filter, fuel rail pressure sensor and HPFP, and that issue has gone away for the most part. It's been 2 days and haven't experienced it yet

2009 A4 Premium+ Quattro
    RS Mesh Grill | K&N Typhoon Intake | 18" S5 Hyper Black Rims | 5% / 20% tint

AKA: NathanMansoor

AZ Member #
    My Garage

The APR dealer said they are almost positive it is in the tune. The logs checked out & everything is working as the ecu has requested.

They said they are going to request APR to send them a test pipe tune to try and they will code out the 02 sensor(s). If this eliminates the surging, they will let APR know. He said it will likely take time for APR to work out the issue if this is the case.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

APR has spoken to my dealer but has asked me to still do some logs... I will see if I can start those this weekend so I can get those out to them ASAP and go back to my APR dealer for the test pipe tune in a couple weeks, assuming that APR has not come out with a solution by then.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Need help with logging!!!!

The procedure seems simple enough, but the names & data blocks APR has asked for don't match up with my 2011 A4 Avant 2.0T.

What they asked for:
    ROUND 1 LOGGING:
    Use for Boost and Fueling
    Diagnosis

1001-1Engine Speed
    2014-3Misfire Sum
    3031-1Lambda, Current Value
    4054-3Accelerator Pedal Position
    5054-4Throttle Plate Angle
    6101-3Injection Timing (Median)
    7*103-1*Current Fuel Pressure*
    8114-4N75 Duty Cycle
    9115-3Boost Pressure (Specified)
    10115-4Boost Pressure (Actual)
    11230-1Rail Pressure Specified
    12230-2Rail Pressure Actual

What I have found.

Most of the ones I have selected are probably correct, but I could not find anything close to N75 Duty Cycle or any reference to the waist gate. The Lambda one I found may or may not be correct and the fuel pressure blocks don't specify that it's rail pressure.

I could wait till Monday and ask APR, but it would be at least 2 weeks before I am likely to have the time to do more logging.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I did not get time to do the logging and I had to take my car in for a wheel bearing replacement. Put the car in stock mode for the shop. A CEL popped up... I deleted the codes & dropped it off. When I got it back, the CEL came up again so I deleted them again. I switched it back to the 93 octane program.

It has now been a few hundred miles, and the surging has not returned. Time will tell, but It would appear this time around the adaptation is not causing surging.