Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 3,361 to 3,383 of 3383
  1. #3361
    Active Member Two Rings BOOKOO4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 03 2014
    AZ Member #
    208176
    My Garage
    1968 Chevy Impala Custom Coupe
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    [QUOTE=BeanyBeads;12889900]
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOKOO4 View Post
    Love the look and the blacked out grill. Where can I get one like that when I buy an SQ5?? :)
    I hope this can help slight modifications needed but very good quality

    https://m.ebay.com/itm/13-17-AUDI-Q5...QAAOSw~o5aWSst


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thanks BeanyBeads!! From here I could put my own personal touches on it, but yours is a good guide. Much appreciated sir. :)
    2013 Glacier White A4 - Prestige, S-Line, Driver Assist

    WTB 2017 SQ5 Prestige - Fine Nappa w/Diamond, Black Optics, Tow, etc.

  2. #3362
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanyBeads View Post
    Thanks for the compliment ! Here is a pic from the side, hope that helps you out. I have my KW H.A.S, 15 mm and 20mm spacers sitting on my coffee table waiting to be installed lol I am looking for a similar drop as well, about 1.5 inches which would be more or less half the gap from stock.





    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Yep! That's exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you! Please post pics as soon as you install those. I wanna see more sexy SQ pics!!!
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  3. #3363
    Senior Member Two Rings soul strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39411
    Location
    joliet

    Is it to soon to say skip coil overs and go with airride? Either way welcome to modified SUVs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris

  4. #3364
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by soul strong View Post
    Is it to soon to say skip coil overs and go with airride? Either way welcome to modified SUVs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris
    Thanks, man!

    I would like to go air because of the flexibility, but it's too much (at least for me). I don't know much about air suspension, but I have friends who have air and sometimes they have issues in the winter. Apparently water gets in the lines or something. Does that happen to you?
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  5. #3365
    Senior Member Two Rings soul strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39411
    Location
    joliet

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Thanks, man!

    I would like to go air because of the flexibility, but it's too much (at least for me). I don't know much about air suspension, but I have friends who have air and sometimes they have issues in the winter. Apparently water gets in the lines or something. Does that happen to you?
    Not at all, and I live in crappy Illinois just need to prep for the winter. Drain the water out before winter. They also have heating pads that you can modify to fit a tank for winters if they get that bad. But I also park in a garage every night. Iíve had air suspension on cars for about 7 years had a air line freeze once. But then again I donít air out for extended times either during winter months


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris

  6. #3366
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by soul strong View Post
    Not at all, and I live in crappy Illinois just need to prep for the winter. Drain the water out before winter. They also have heating pads that you can modify to fit a tank for winters if they get that bad. But I also park in a garage every night. Iíve had air suspension on cars for about 7 years had a air line freeze once. But then again I donít air out for extended times either during winter months


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris
    That's good to know! My friends are somewhat irresponsible I guess. They air out every time they park. Doesn't matter the temp. But how do you tell someone with a VDub to not air out? LOL
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  7. #3367
    Senior Member Two Rings soul strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    39411
    Location
    joliet

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    That's good to know! My friends are somewhat irresponsible I guess. They air out every time they park. Doesn't matter the temp. But how do you tell someone with a VDub to not air out? LOL
    They will learn when the car freezes to the ground.. I learn that lesson but yeah I air out at Long red lights... so Iím no better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris

  8. #3368
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by soul strong View Post
    They will learn when the car freezes to the ground.. I learn that lesson but yeah I air out at Long red lights... so Iím no better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: q5chris
    Hahahaha! Honestly, if I had air, I would air out all the time. So I don't blame ya.
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  9. #3369
    Senior Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Thanks! Very happy to be part of the SQ5 family! Currently saving up for coilovers, so besides the VFF102s (which I already have), that's the next mod. My plan is not to drop my car, but rather to make the wheel arches have even spacing with the tires all around (so about 1 to 1.5 inches lower I am guessing).
    Sumsing lyk deese?

    This ride-height is perfect for me.
    I do recommend the Bilstein coil-overs as they have proven most excellent so far, and are easily adjustable.
    You don't even need to remove a wheel to get to them. It's easier, but not necessary.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  10. #3370
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Sumsing lyk deese?

    This ride-height is perfect for me.
    I do recommend the Bilstein coil-overs as they have proven most excellent so far, and are easily adjustable.
    You don't even need to remove a wheel to get to them. It's easier, but not necessary.
    Yes, sumsing lyk dat. LOL. I was thinking going with KW V2. Which Bilstein coils do you have?
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  11. #3371
    Senior Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Yes, sumsing lyk dat. LOL. I was thinking going with KW V2. Which Bilstein coils do you have?
    The B16's. I don't own stock in Bilstein or anything like that, but I couldn't be happier. I also have the 034 RSB and links all around.
    If you were local, I'd let you drive it. My tire combination with this setup makes it feel very well balanced, with just a hint of over-steer.
    I love my setup and it begs to be driven hard around corners.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  12. #3372
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    The B16's. I don't own stock in Bilstein or anything like that, but I couldn't be happier. I also have the 034 RSB and links all around.
    If you were local, I'd let you drive it. My tire combination with this setup makes it feel very well balanced, with just a hint of over-steer.
    I love my setup and it begs to be driven hard around corners.
    Thanks for the info! You have the DWS06, right? I didn't really want to go with those at first because I have blizzaks for the winter. But I think I will end up going with them mainly because I can run them for about 9-10 months out of the year and these Blizzaks are LOUD and lose grip when I give my car the beans on a straight line. Do you also have the X-brace?
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  13. #3373
    Senior Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Thanks for the info! You have the DWS06, right? I didn't really want to go with those at first because I have blizzaks for the winter. But I think I will end up going with them mainly because I can run them for about 9-10 months out of the year and these Blizzaks are LOUD and lose grip when I give my car the beans on a straight line. Do you also have the X-brace?
    Yes to both. . .all the 034 goodies and the DWS06. I probably wouldn't have bought them, but they came on the wheels I got from Mops. I'm glad, too, as the 295 size grip as well as the stock tires, yet they're all-seasons.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  14. #3374
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Yes to both. . .all the 034 goodies and the DWS06. I probably wouldn't have bought them, but they came on the wheels I got from Mops. I'm glad, too, as the 295 size grip as well as the stock tires, yet they're all-seasons.


    I've read they are grippy in other sites so it's nice to know you also find them grippy. The X brace, sway bars, end links, and mounts are all on the list, but I want to do coilovers first.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Audizine mobile app
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  15. #3375
    Senior Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    I understand, but my personal advice is to do the RSB first. It's the best bang for the buck you'll actually experience.
    If it doesn't already have an after-market intake, the 034 intake hose is another good choice for an easy-to-do, low-cost mod that you can actually tell is doing something.
    You can do the coil-overs, end-links, and X-Brace next. I did everything myself except for the coil-overs and the CPS.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  16. #3376
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    NC/CA

    Huge +1 on the RSB. I'd do the links at the same time too. And I've been running the DWS for a bit. Nutty grip for a UHP A/S.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


    Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

  17. #3377
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    I understand, but my personal advice is to do the RSB first. It's the best bang for the buck you'll actually experience.
    If it doesn't already have an after-market intake, the 034 intake hose is another good choice for an easy-to-do, low-cost mod that you can actually tell is doing something.
    You can do the coil-overs, end-links, and X-Brace next. I did everything myself except for the coil-overs and the CPS.
    Thanks! I really appreciate your advice. I think I'm going to do coils first. Here's my thinking behind it... According to Mops and the wheel thread, I'll need 12mm spacers for the VFF102s, which means the poke on stock suspension would be out of this world (I think more than yours). Any suggestions are very much welcome!

    She has an intake already BTW. Love that SC whine!

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Audizine mobile app
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  18. #3378
    Established Member Three Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2016
    AZ Member #
    369079
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR
    Location
    PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    You really did make my day, Berk! Thanks!
    Lol- that's funny you saw that 2 months later.

    About time you started mixing it up in here! Welcome to the party buddy.

    Btw- cracks me up every time I hear the story about your username!!
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 (93 v4) - Fluidampr w/iABED 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube/modified box - MercRacing stacked h/x - AWE Touring
    21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - 034 mounts, RSB & end links - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS - P3
    12.054 @ 113.27 (-224 DA)

  19. #3379
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    Lol- that's funny you saw that 2 months later.

    About time you started mixing it up in here! Welcome to the party buddy.
    Hahaha! Thanks, Berk! Yeah... I was super busy for the last few weeks of the semester and then winter break came so I didn't check Audizine for a while. How did your wheels turn out?

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Audizine mobile app
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  20. #3380
    Established Member Three Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2016
    AZ Member #
    369079
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR
    Location
    PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Hahaha! Thanks, Berk! Yeah... I was super busy for the last few weeks of the semester and then winter break came so I didn't check Audizine for a while. How did your wheels turn out?

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Audizine mobile app
    Which ones?! Lol

    I went to pick up the big boys the following week and left them there to do again (3rd time). Then, they delivered them to the house a week later, and I sent 1 back. They're fine by normal people's standards now. I give them a 9/10. I'm so sick of messing with wheels!
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 (93 v4) - Fluidampr w/iABED 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube/modified box - MercRacing stacked h/x - AWE Touring
    21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - 034 mounts, RSB & end links - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS - P3
    12.054 @ 113.27 (-224 DA)

  21. #3381
    Active Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    406281
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    Which ones?! Lol

    I went to pick up the big boys the following week and left them there to do again (3rd time). Then, they delivered them to the house a week later, and I sent 1 back. They're fine by normal people's standards now. I give them a 9/10. I'm so sick of messing with wheels!
    Those are the ones I meant. Lol. Jeez, man. I would be super sick of dealing with them too. Especially after driving that far.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Audizine mobile app
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | ECS Luft Technik | Ziza

  22. #3382
    Veteran Member Four Rings tcm glx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2004
    AZ Member #
    214
    Location
    So Cal
    Items for Sale

    Gave the Q a much needed bath.......

    Untitled by Tony Rojo, on Flickr
    2013 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Ibis White/Chesnut Brown

  23. #3383
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    ^ Wheels and stance are spot-on. Kudos!
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    - H&R/Bilstein, various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.