Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,480 of 4106
    Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by 14S4GWM View Post
    How are people supposed to see your brake lights? Those racks are a horrible idea.
    Pretty sure you can see through bike wheels.... Last time I checked lol.

Hitch racks are the best. Easy access and minimal hit on mileage. Can't wait to get out Northshore rack ordered.

Sent from my igloo
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad
    13' Glacier White Q5 2.0t S-Line [Sold]
    07' Brilliant Black A3 3.2vr quattro [Sold]
    07' Lava Grey A3 3.2vr quattro [KIA]
    IG @Dasponto | Flickr https://flic.kr/ps/31nTcr

Established Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Coming up on 20,000 miles. Did the oil change with Mobil 1 0w40 Euro and Purolator filter.

Installed 034 Intake to Throttle Body silicone tube/hose.

Easy install. Vacuum line on stock tube was difficult to get off, but easy to put on the 034 hose.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose

Established Member Two Rings jsilas's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S6, 2018 SQ5, 2016 R1M, 2004 R1

How are people supposed to see your brake lights? Those racks are a horrible idea.
    The lights are easily visible - no issues whatsoever. And the rack is fantastic in every way.
    2016 S6 | Mythos / Black | Prestige | Carbon | Black Optic | Bang & Olufsen | Driver Assistance | Sport | APR Stage II ECU/TCU | CoD disabled | APR DPs | AWE Touring | VIM | -16mm height (VCDS) | +30mm width (H&R) | EuroCode Sway Bars | Opti-Coat Pro+ | XPEL Ultimate PPF | XPEL ceramic tint

Senior Member Three Rings mkasperzak's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Transition Patrol Carbon, Transition PBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Das Ponto View Post
    Pretty sure you can see through bike wheels.... Last time I checked lol.

Hitch racks are the best. Easy access and minimal hit on mileage. Can't wait to get out Northshore rack ordered.

Sent from my igloo
    NS racks are the tits. My roommate has one for his Durango, Love it. Iíve still got the roof setup but may do a hitch one day, will be required if I end up buying a snowmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 SQ5 P+ Tech, Carbon, BBS LM-R & CH-R, Ecodes, GIAC Stg 2, AWE Touring, Bilstein PSS10, 034 Goodies, Apikol, Thule Edge + Thule Flow + Kuat Trio, 9500xi hardwired, LED Interior/Fogs/Signals/Reverse, VagCom

Build Thread / IG @thebird_sq5

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Put it on a flatbed to the dealership. Started her up to drive out front of my house to head to the gym. Was about to throw it in drive when the heavy smell of pure gasoline filled the cabin and I heard a faint high-pressure hiss. Shut the car off, and got out. No noticeable smell of gas outside of car. Gas tank door was closed and cap secure. Then noticed the sound of liquid hitting the ground coming from the front of the car... popped the hood and saw that gas had blown out of what looked like a melted sliver in the high pressure fuel line that ruptured and sprayed fuel all over the underside of the hood, and the pressure destroyed some of the foam insulation attached to the passenger side under hood and shredded plastic clips into little shavings all over the top of the engine on that side. Pics for clicks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Quote Originally Posted by mkasperzak View Post
    NS racks are the tits. My roommate has one for his Durango, Love it. Iíve still got the roof setup but may do a hitch one day, will be required if I end up buying a snowmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Yeah one friend had a similar one, seems to be the nicest for more than 2 bikes without being a mile behind the vehicle and come July we will have 2 bikes each and a few races to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleteeth View Post
    Put it on a flatbed to the dealership. Started her up to drive out front of my house to head to the gym. Was about to throw it in drive when the heavy smell of pure gasoline filled the cabin and I heard a faint high-pressure hiss. Shut the car off, and got out. No noticeable smell of gas outside of car. Gas tank door was closed and cap secure. Then noticed the sound of liquid hitting the ground coming from the front of the car... popped the hood and saw that gas had blown out of what looked like a melted sliver in the high pressure fuel line that ruptured and sprayed fuel all over the underside of the hood, and the pressure destroyed some of the foam insulation attached to the passenger side under hood and shredded plastic clips into little shavings all over the top of the engine on that side. Pics for clicks...

Jesus murphy!!! That sucks
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

In addition, you need a new intake hose. It looks like it's been hacked through in at least two places. This means air is being sucked in post-aircleaner, which is bad, m-kay. (M-kay Mr. Mackey.)
    It doesn't look like it was done by hydraulic pressure. It looks like it was a hack saw. I would replace that, sooner than later. Perhaps the 034 intake hose, or I'll sell you my stock take-off for $20.

EDIT: I didn't realize that hose had such high pressure. Mine rubs the felt too, so I'm going to go out and check on mine now.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4

Insurance should help with that gas leak and intake leak
    Steve

'15 SQ Monsoon

Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Jesus murphy!!! That sucks
    Bubbles couldn't have said it any better. What the hell happened? Sorry to hear about this.
    --Jerry || 2016 SQ5 P+, Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    Suspension || H&R Springs - 29001-3; Bilstein B8 Dampers - 24-145985 (F) & 24-145992 (R)
    Wheels & Tires || BBS CI-R - CIR 0501 BPO, 20x10 ET25 Satin Black; Continental DWS06 275/40
    ...Formerly: 13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Smittylube View Post
    Insurance should help with that gas leak and intake leak
    Yeah Iím eager to hear the report tomorrow from the dealer. Idk if theyíll deem this mechanical failure under warranty terms or what, but for sure this has to all be covered somehow somewhere by something, I mean... the car couldíve caught on fire from me literally starting it!

Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack

Yeah Iím eager to hear the report tomorrow from the dealer. Idk if theyíll deem this mechanical failure under warranty terms or what, but for sure this has to all be covered somehow somewhere by something, I mean... the car couldíve caught on fire from me literally starting it!

Do you park your car outside? When I saw the pics, could it be a mouse nestled in your engine bay and nibble some of the lines? My uncle X5 was towed to the dealer for a no start problem.. So an hr later dealer called back and they found mouse droppings inside the rain tray and chewed up the ECU wiring harness to millions of pieces.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4

That's varmint damage without question dude.
    I've seen it cost many K's to fix. That's why I say call your insurance.
    Steve

'15 SQ Monsoon

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah I think its animals too
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG EPL Stage 2/TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4

Might need to change from turtle teeth to rat teeth........?.
    Steve

'15 SQ Monsoon

Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack

Yeah, they like cozy warm places, especially after you parked your car. Get that dead leaves out of your rain tray and It wouldn't hurt to lift that rain tray out and take a quick peek...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I had some pretty bad curb rash repaired and had them repaint the stock gunmetal wheels a satin black:
    Attached Images

AZ Member #

That's varmint damage without question dude.
    I've seen it cost many K's to fix. That's why I say call your insurance.
    Ahhh... I was wondering why youíd mentioned insurance last night, but that makes sense. Wow, really?! I mean I guess I could see that but if it was a varmint of whatever type, why the hell would they have chewed on the gas line of all things?! Lol fíing idiots.

Car is at dealership as of last night, and the techs have it in shop right now. Iím awaiting a call from the dealer on the status. Iím sure theyíll be able to ID whatever the case is.

Come to think of it, this might explain the dead squirrel my wife found on back our walkway the day before... holy shit!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

Factory airbox mod...

Before...

After...

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^Cut a hole or two in the bottom, that's the airbox mod
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG EPL Stage 2/TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

@pittdawg Looks good!
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    @pittdawg Looks good!
    Thanks Mops! These Peelers are some of the nicest looking OEM wheels I've seen but I have to admit you carry some very nice aftermarket options ;)

AZ Member #

Might need to change from turtle teeth to rat teeth........?.
    Darn, bro - thatís harsh. Lol

Ok, fully confirmed squirrel damage. Not sure to full extent just yet but confirmed airbox, fuel line, multiple insulation panels, fuel line clips and weíll see once the airbox is pulled. In the meantime, it still hasnít thrown any codes so theyíre not expecting any wiring damage (fingers crossed!)

Insurance agency has been contacted and claim has been opened... appraisal and approval process begins in the morning.

Stay tuned!

Senior Member Three Rings AngryQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 Kia Rio Lx DD audi q5 2.0

Ahhh... I was wondering why youíd mentioned insurance last night, but that makes sense. Wow, really?! I mean I guess I could see that but if it was a varmint of whatever type, why the hell would they have chewed on the gas line of all things?! Lol fíing idiots.

Car is at dealership as of last night, and the techs have it in shop right now. Iím awaiting a call from the dealer on the status. Iím sure theyíll be able to ID whatever the case is.

Come to think of it, this might explain the dead squirrel my wife found on back our walkway the day before... holy shit!

damn sorry to hear.... that squirrel prolly overdosed on gas and blew his insides..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Winter wash. Man it's gonna need a full detail in the spring big time.

Sent from my igloo
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4

Darn, bro - thatís harsh. Lol

Just trying to be funny.

Squirrel sounds right. All the rat and mice damage Cars I've fixed have never looked like that. Rats chew different than what your pictures showed.

The worse ones have ended up in the ac housing and you hope that hasn't happened here. That can be nasty...
    Steve

'15 SQ Monsoon

AZ Member #

Just trying to be funny.

Squirrel sounds right. All the rat and mice damage Cars I've fixed have never looked like that. Rats chew different than what your pictures showed.

The worse ones have ended up in the ac housing and you hope that hasn't happened here. That can be nasty...
    No worries. I get the humor... honestly I think itís pretty sweet poetic justice the little bastard bit the bucket after causing the mess. As for the repairs, weíre not looking at a price yet cuz the estimate hasnít been finalized yet. But they donít see much more than what the pics suggest. Stay tuned!!!

Senior Member Three Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

^Cut a hole or two in the bottom, that's the airbox mod
    Tried to tell him that, but you can only lead a horse to water...

@bajan01 the inner baffle has nothing to do with cross-sectional area of the inlet flow. Log with and without a gap at the top of the box to find out if the stock scoop is restricting your setup. Most pulleyed 3.0Ts benefit from opening the box.

'15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 (93 v4) - BG TCU - Fluidampr w/iABED 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube/modified box - MercRacing stacked h/x - AWE Touring
    21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - 034 mounts, RSB & end links - Alu Kreuz - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS - P3 w/ECA
    12.054 @ 113.27 (-224 DA)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

What did you do to your Q/SQ5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    @bajan01 the inner baffle has nothing to do with cross-sectional area of the inlet flow. Log with and without a gap at the top of the box to find out if the stock scoop is restricting your setup. Most pulleyed 3.0Ts benefit from opening the box.
    Trying not to bring in too much hot air from the engine compartment. Anyone have data showing power gains/losses due to IATs?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

On a different note I installed a set of LED reverse bulbs in the SQ today.

Senior Member Two Rings Sport Line's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5 3.0T ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Q5 3.0T

Quote Originally Posted by bajan01 View Post
    Factory airbox mod...

Before...

After...

Like others had mentioned , do some holes in it if you really want to get any benefits of the new filter . I completely cut of the lowest part of the box (aprox 3 x 3" ) and I also did four big holes on the underneath wall facing the passenger side . It was a BIG improvement . Later on I completely removed the top as I changed the k&n filter with a bigger version - the one made for the s6 oem box .

By the way, that inner plastic part you removed , it is better to be left in place, as it is special designed for a smooth air flow and will also protect the filter from water or dust that otherwise will go directly on it
    2014 SQ5 EPL Stage 2 Dual Pulley (183mm Fluidampr crank + 57mm sc) APR CPS
    2013 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 / CTS Turbo

~~~Audi History~~~
    2013 S6 EPL Stage 2 / APR DP / Roc-Euro intake / Milltek Sport Valvesonic
    2012 A7 3.0T S Line
    2012 Q5 3.2
    2008 TT 3.2
    2007 A6 4.2 S Line
    2001 TT S Quattro 225hp

Senior Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

OEM Black Optics front and rear. Painted side markers to get rid of the amber. Also took my lowering links off and lowered with the CPU instead. Thanks again @shawn@pacificgerman for installing the parts and getting it lowered last week!!

Last edited by cmoore86; 02-19-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | Brixton Forged | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Looks fantastic Conor! Post up some close-up detail shots sometime. The new dark graphite BO finish is so nice.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Looks fantastic Conor! Post up some close-up detail shots sometime. The new dark graphite BO finish is so nice.
    Wait. . .what?
    Wouldn't that be a DGO finish?
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Wait. . .what?
    Wouldn't that be a DGO finish?
    Ha!! Have you not seen it? My 17 S3 had it. The pillars and window trims are still glossy black but the grilles and valences are dark graphite metallic. Itís a great color and makes them easier to maintain.

Mops On The Move

Senior Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Thanks Mops! No problem. I took that pic as I pulled into my driveway as I got home from the ~300 mile drive back from LA. So car was super dirty. But at least the sun was out so you could see some of the grey.
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | Brixton Forged | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

AZ Member #

No worries. I get the humor... honestly I think itís pretty sweet poetic justice the little bastard bit the bucket after causing the mess. As for the repairs, weíre not looking at a price yet cuz the estimate hasnít been finalized yet. But they donít see much more than what the pics suggest. Stay tuned!!!

Quick update... $1,300 in damage, insurance estimates and approvals all came in, car should be done by EOD tomorrow. #fingerscrossed

Now, any ideas on how to keep this from happening again?!

AZ Member #

Got the 5 a lil' big 7 brother !
    Cheers,
    Bob in CA
    For sale: SQ5 springs

AKA BobSF

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Quote Originally Posted by SQ57 View Post
    Got the 5 a lil' big 7 brother !
    Cheers,
    Bob in CA
    Very nice! Melissa nearly got a 7 instead. But that'll be after her current Q5.

How do you like it?

Sent from my igloo
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

What did you do to your Q/SQ5 today?

A few more ponies for the SQ.

AZ Member #

Very nice! Melissa nearly got a 7 instead. But that'll be after her current Q5.

How do you like it?

Sent from my igloo
    It is such a wonderful platform. Feels very well put together,trully solid,amazing tech(Driver's Assist Package-AWESOME, makes it so much pleasant to drive). Love the quiet growl of the stock 3.0(almost forgot it). For what it is, totally a lovable vehicle. Very roomy indeed, if you have large fam.

Thanks again,
    Cheers,
    Bob in CA
    For sale: SQ5 springs

AKA BobSF

Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast