Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 3,881 to 3,914 of 3914
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 E63S, 17 SQ5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Played with CARISTA. Was able to:

-Disable headlight washers
    -Disable headlight marker lights
    -Brighten LED DRLs when headlights are on
    -Disable wink
    -Windows/Sunroof open and close via remote
    -Ambiant footwell lighting on with headlights
    -Brake light flash in emergency stop

Any other recommendations? I believe Carista is in the works to disable DSR. Canít wait to give that a shot.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mj_39 View Post
    Played with CARISTA. Was able to:

-Disable headlight washers
    -Disable headlight marker lights
    -Brighten LED DRLs when headlights are on
    -Disable wink
    -Windows/Sunroof open and close via remote
    -Ambiant footwell lighting on with headlights
    -Brake light flash in emergency stop

Any other recommendations? I believe Carista is in the works to disable DSR. Canít wait to give that a shot.
    I enabled Lap Timer and Oil Temp in Dashboard. I occasionally cycle to the lap timer menu to keep an eye on my oil temp on extremely cold/hot days.
    Current: 2014 Ice Silver SQ5 - Black Optics retrofit / KW SC Coilovers / 034 Trans Insert / BBS CH-R 20x10.5 Satin Black (S) / Stock 21s (W)
    Sold: 2012 Monsoon Grey S4
    Sold: 2010 Brilliant Black A5 2.0T
    Sold: 2003 Denim Blue A4 1.8T

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1971 Chamonix White BMW 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Details on those rotors? They look like 2-piece? What size and how much do they weigh?
    GiroDisc A1-130ís in the front and A2-130ís in the rear. Approximately 4.5lbs lighter than the stock rotors, which translates into less rotating and unsprung mass; so better steering feel, acceleration and handling especially at speed.
    2014 Q5 P+ SC3.0 Lava Gray | Titanium / Black Optics | S-Line+ | Adaptive Suspension

Mods: 034Motorsport Stage 2 SC Pulley | 034 Complete Insert Package | GiroDisc 2-piece rotors / Magic Pads | SS Lines | KW HAS | Custom Magnaflow Exhaust | 034 Billet X-Brace | APR Carbonio II | LED Interior Kit / Fogs / Signals | Billet Paddle Extensions | Conti Extreme DWS06

Veteran Member Four Rings PreciseD's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Went EPL stage 2 over the weekend... Pretty nice how the powerband has opened up in lower rpms.. Just not liking the 6.2 mpg lol....
    ----- My EFR 7670 Build Thread ----- "The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln -----

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by kellin View Post
    GiroDisc A1-130ís in the front and A2-130ís in the rear. Approximately 4.5lbs lighter than the stock rotors, which translates into less rotating and unsprung mass; so better steering feel, acceleration and handling especially at speed.
    Wow thatís actually a pretty huge amount of weight reduction for just the rotors. I would imagine those couples with some lightweight wheels will make a huge difference in handling and acceleration!
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What did you do to your Q/SQ5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by PreciseD View Post
    Went EPL stage 2 over the weekend... Pretty nice how the powerband has opened up in lower rpms.. Just not liking the 6.2 mpg lol....
    Lead foot. Quit driving like a yabbo!
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

Veteran Member Four Rings PreciseD's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Lead foot. Quit driving like a yabbo!
    Still better MPG than my A4 haha
    ----- My EFR 7670 Build Thread ----- "The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln -----

Established Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    I didnít have to grind for my 187 either.

I don't know if you "have to" but I went ahead and cut that boss back a good bit when I installed my JHM 179mm. I anticipated going larger and just went ahead and did it while there. It just takes about 5 minutes or less, depending on your method. A cutoff wheel will slice through it is less than a minute. I wasn't sure cut off tool would fit in there, so I just used a simple hacksaw. A small reciprocating saw with metal blade would work, too. Aluminum is soft and cuts fast.

As to EPL Stage 2 tune and sourcing the pulley, they don't care if you buy the pulley from them. I went JHM because I wanted a lightweight one piece pulley and a modest ratio increase (about 2.8), at least for a while, given the marginal heat exchanger/radiator cooling situation. I will probably not go with a higher pulley ratio until after I upgrade cooling.

One more thing. Already mentioned, but yes, doing the crank pulley is easy. On the Q5 you can actually do it entirely from below without ever putting the vehicle is service position. I did. It is tight. Be sure to wear a glove on the hand that goes up to between the radiator and the pulley, as there are sharp edges. Believe me, I learned the hard way.

But, it can be done and done rather quickly, and is easily repeated if you want to go back to stock or change ratios. I think it took 45 minutes the first time. I can cut it to 30 minutes now for swap back to stock for dealer visits. I keep the POS stock pulley in a box for that reason only.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | K&N E-1987 in "modified" stock air box
    034 silicone throttle body hose

Established Member Two Rings coolmanex's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by coolmanex View Post
    Wrapped my shifter console in gloss carbon fiber today; looks much better than plain, dent and scratch prone aluminum. Not exactly like the real OEM cf ones, but I would say looks pretty darn good for less than 100 bucks in parts. Doing the door panels next.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Part 2, dash aluminum trim with Quattro logo to carbon fiber.

2015 Audi SQ5 Lava Gray, AWE Touring exhaust

Senior Member Three Rings soul strong's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks good. I wrapped mine in satin gunmetal metallic, but now Iím going to switch it to carbon fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

My new wheels were delivered from my shop today 😎 I love my tire shop. They even took them to my body shop for rim guard painting.

034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Established Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    My new wheels were delivered from my shop today 😎 I love my tire shop. They even took them to my body shop for rim guard painting.

I'm disappointed that you don't have the angles of the top 2 tires matching the seams of the tiles, with the corner of the tiles being the center point ;-). Symmetry is otherwise sublime. Seriously though, I get a semi every time I see that wheel/tire combo. The only thing that bugged me on a few occasions when I had my CH-R was I felt like the finish blended in with dressed tires too much, and it sometimes made the tire look overwhelming. That gloss guard, along with the added dimension it gives, I think will be all it takes to eliminate that effect. These are the perfect send off.
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | ROW suspension | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

Established Member Two Rings coolmanex's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by soul strong View Post
    Looks good. I wrapped mine in satin gunmetal metallic, but now Iím going to switch it to carbon fiber

Thanks, carbon fiber does give the interior a more sporty and dynamic feel.

2015 Audi SQ5 Lava Gray, AWE Touring exhaust

AZ Member #
    My Garage

My new wheels were delivered from my shop today I love my tire shop. They even took them to my body shop for rim guard painting.

These are the EXACT wheels I want for my Q. What are the specs? 20x10 et25?
    2014 Q5 P+ SC3.0 Lava Gray | Titanium / Black Optics | S-Line+ | Adaptive Suspension

Mods: 034Motorsport Stage 2 SC Pulley | 034 Complete Insert Package | GiroDisc 2-piece rotors / Magic Pads | SS Lines | KW HAS | Custom Magnaflow Exhaust | 034 Billet X-Brace | APR Carbonio II | LED Interior Kit / Fogs / Signals | Billet Paddle Extensions | Conti Extreme DWS06

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

3g+ upgrade:

So fancy. Have an appt for Thursday at the dealer for them to remove the component protection. Hopefully theyíre not dumbasses about it and can do t quickly.
    -CP

AZ Member #

3g+ upgrade:

So fancy. Have an appt for Thursday at the dealer for them to remove the component protection. Hopefully theyíre not dumbasses about it and can do t quickly.
    If you vagcom or at the dealer. They can change the load image to show q5/sq5 instead of a4

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

20x10.5 ET25. I've got the same setup and they are worth every penny.
    Current: 2014 Ice Silver SQ5 - Black Optics retrofit / KW SC Coilovers / 034 Trans Insert / BBS CH-R 20x10.5 Satin Black (S) / Stock 21s (W)
    Sold: 2012 Monsoon Grey S4
    Sold: 2010 Brilliant Black A5 2.0T
    Sold: 2003 Denim Blue A4 1.8T

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

As stated below, 20x10.5 ET25. Happy to get you a set! I don't think there is a full set in any color in the US, but more arrive in ~2.5 weeks. I already have a couple of sets locked down for others. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by mlux24 View Post
    20x10.5 ET25. I've got the same setup and they are worth every penny.
    I'm about to walk out to the garage to mount mine. They'll be the third set in this same spec on my SQ 😁
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by soul strong View Post
    If you vagcom or at the dealer. They can change the load image to show q5/sq5 instead of a4

Yea I changed the long coding to q5 but evidently it didnít take despite saying coding accepted. Iíll try again tonight. Or maybe it just needs another reboot?
    Last edited by Charles.waite; 06-13-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    -CP

AZ Member #

Yea I changed the long coding to q5 but evidently it didnít take despite saying coding accepted. Iíll try again tonight. Or maybe it just needs another reboot?
    I think you go through the hidden green menu to change those.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Yea Iíll try again via VCDS and then try the green menu if that still doesnít work.
    -CP

AZ Member #

IMG_5274.JPG
    Said goodbye to the Q5 today, welcomed a Nogaro Blue S4 to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by blaq5 View Post
    Said goodbye to the Q5 today, welcomed a Nogaro Blue S4 to the family.

Beautiful car!!! Congrats!

Mops On The Move

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Washed the car with my new MTM foam cannon.

And then for some reason when I pulled in to my garage at work this morning Iím unable to get the shifter to go into Park. Itíll easily engage all other gears but the lever feels almost like itís blocked from going completely into park (shifter button stuck in the ďinĒ position).

2014 Q5 3.0 with ZF8 trans. Anyone ever experience this?

Senior Member Two Rings draekin13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Installed my Airmatic Lowering Links today. She is sitting super low now. Only downside is going this low it gets a bit bouncy in dynamic, I am doing "normal" driving in Comfort suspension height (individual mode with dynamic on everything else). Also got my matte black badges today but haven't had time to install, also need to figure out how to even get to the front badge.

2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Daytona Gray 18% tint, Airmatic Lowering Links
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige CTS Turbo intake, CR15, 20% tint, RS4 grille, Pioneer Sub swap, JHM short shift and linkage, JHM Stage 3 clutch and LWFW, BFI alcantara knob and boot - Sold :(
    2009 Audi A4 Prem+ Avant - Gone
    2003 Ford Focus SVT 5 door #350 - Sold
    2005.5 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Sold

Veteran Member Three Rings soslower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by draekin13 View Post
    Installed my Airmatic Lowering Links today. She is sitting super low now. Only downside is going this low it gets a bit bouncy in dynamic, I am doing "normal" driving in Comfort suspension height (individual mode with dynamic on everything else). Also got my matte black badges today but haven't had time to install, also need to figure out how to even get to the front badge.

More info on the Links please!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

That looks crazy! For me, up 5mm front and 8-10mm rear and booooom 👌🏼

Established Member Three Rings sean_entrust's Avatar
    AZ Member #

IMG_0586.jpg

Polished out her ass

2017 S3 P+ (Mine) Daytona Gray Pearl / Black Optic / Carbon Fiber Package / 034 springs / Stoptech BBK / 12.94 @105.3mph stock
    2012 Q5 P+ (Wife) Ibis White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

I presume you also smacked dat ass

Mops On The Move

Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That looks crazy! For me, up 5mm front and 8-10mm rear and booooom 👌🏼
    That would be sweet, IMO....maybe even just a tad higher. Not to pee in Wheaties, but man....those B pillars. Audi drives me nuts with these things. They're darn near impossible to polish out, and even if you do...breathe on them and they're swirled again. Thank goodness for gloss black film.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

Senior Member Two Rings draekin13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by soslower View Post
    More info on the Links please!

Got on eBay after someone else posted about them. Came in a day or two from Britain. Super impressed. Install instructions aren't great but pretty straightforward. Install was probably an hour. Realy easy to install but little scary how much force it takes and don't want to break that sensor.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just set a huge fuel efficiency record for my 3.0T on my road trip. 26.1 avg with what could have been over 400 miles to the tank at 77mph. Prior record 24.5 for 340 miles. IMG_5040.jpg

Veteran Member Three Rings soslower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi

IMG_9850.JPG

AZ Member #

Beautiful car!!! Congrats!

Mops On The Move
    Thanks! Beautiful s4 yourself! Mods coming soon