Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 1977
    Veteran Member Four Rings bmoreS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Couple Audis and a VW

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Final Update:

2011 Tdi Lux Treg

Vw paid off loan $28k
    Vw gave us $13k
    Received Botch $1.5k

No complaints about the process.
    Current:
    2001.5 B5 S4 - Stage 3 on Meth -- Thanks to Brad and Country Dubs
    2013 B8.5 S4 - EPL Stage 2 / EPL TCU
    2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Black on Black - Black Wheel Package

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus

Quote Originally Posted by UrS4Driver View Post
    TCM = Transmission Control Module ?

So folks are wishing to alter that programming as well post fix due to the changes in shift points in the tranny?

Was the TCM tunable prior to the fix?

Thx,
    BVG
    Malone Tuning told me that they’ve never been able to break the protection on the TCM. I’m not too worried about the shifting because the tune made a huge difference.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR

Quote Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
    Malone Tuning told me that they’ve never been able to break the protection on the TCM. I’m not too worried about the shifting because the tune made a huge difference.
    Do share on your impressions of the Malone tune!!! I just called our local guy and set up my appt to get the Stage 2 Malone. Interested in your impressions, comments on the tune, and MPG (Too early to tell but keep us posted!)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Mine isn’t a Malone Tune, but it’s similar. I reloaded it a few days ago and the fuel economy has increased a lot. After the fix it was averaging 22.8 mpg. After the Tune was installed it had a lot more power and it’s back up to just over 30 mpg around town and 39.2 on the interstate last night with the cruise set at 75 mph. Mine does has adaptive cruise so it would slow down and speed up a little bit to keep the distance.

Senior Member Three Rings baldy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 Avant, Touareg TDi, Yamaha R1

Mine isn’t a Malone Tune, but it’s similar. I reloaded it a few days ago and the fuel economy has increased a lot. After the fix it was averaging 22.8 mpg. After the Tune was installed it had a lot more power and it’s back up to just over 30 mpg around town and 39.2 on the interstate last night with the cruise set at 75 mph. Mine does has adaptive cruise so it would slow down and speed up a little bit to keep the distance.
    Which tune do you have Barry? Just curious if you have avoided the TD1 flag and how do you switch tunes? Is the loader the same one Malone has?

For the TCM, apparently this company has the tools capable of it, but I'm not sure which tuner uses their hardware / software. Most use BDM and KESS.

https://www.magicmotorsport.com/docu...t-tcu-manager/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

JR Auto Tuning. It doesn’t erase the ecu flash count, but I haven’t had any issues with warranty claims and have had a tune on the car since May 2016. It uses the same Flashzilla loader as the Malone Tune. I think Malone is a little bit cheaper. The JR tune is $875 CAD so about $680 USD shipped.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo

Sorry, I've been having a HELLUVA time with the stealership here in VA... So far, service manager, sales manager, general manager, Audi field service rep, and even Audi of America (customer experience... completely worthless by the way) have zero concept of customer service for some serious damage that was done to my vehicle while there for 2 months! :-O

My dyno HP numbers actually improved a bit after the fix! haha...

Before: 192.6hp / 343.8tq

After: 197.0hp / 341.5tq

I'm not sure how accurate the dyno is, since the tq numbers seem low to me... But I was mainly looking for the before and after, and needed something to reference.

Overall, I've not noticed much of a difference in drivability. MPG is obviously down, and the smell of Adblue is much stronger when I'm warming it up in the AM, but otherwise, it's not too bad. I think I'm going to go with a Malone tune and DEF delete when the Bosch check comes in.

Incidentally, Barry, any particular reason you went with JR over Malone? I think it was already mentioned that they both flash with the Flashzilla... just curious as I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I already own the APR tune, but want a little more than what that one will give me.
    - Justin

'14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

AZ Member #
    My Garage

- Justin

'14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

How long AFTER the final fix from Audi, did you receive your final Bosch check? Still waiting on mine 3 weeks after final Audi fix.
    Thanks

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by atisvt99 View Post
    Sorry, I've been having a HELLUVA time with the stealership here in VA... So far, service manager, sales manager, general manager, Audi field service rep, and even Audi of America (customer experience... completely worthless by the way) have zero concept of customer service for some serious damage that was done to my vehicle while there for 2 months! :-O

My dyno HP numbers actually improved a bit after the fix! haha...

Before: 192.6hp / 343.8tq

After: 197.0hp / 341.5tq

I'm not sure how accurate the dyno is, since the tq numbers seem low to me... But I was mainly looking for the before and after, and needed something to reference.

Overall, I've not noticed much of a difference in drivability. MPG is obviously down, and the smell of Adblue is much stronger when I'm warming it up in the AM, but otherwise, it's not too bad. I think I'm going to go with a Malone tune and DEF delete when the Bosch check comes in.

Incidentally, Barry, any particular reason you went with JR over Malone? I think it was already mentioned that they both flash with the Flashzilla... just curious as I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I already own the APR tune, but want a little more than what that one will give me.
    Great info, thanks! I think those results are pretty accurate---my butt dyno tells me they shifted the torque curve to ever so slightly higher rpms and that's what your graphs appear to show. Good to know they didn't neuter all our power.

Veteran Member Four Rings EYE4SPEED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cayenne Diesel, Q5 TDI, Junior Quattro
    Items for Sale

Anybody buy a vehicle this year that wasn’t fixed yet? Would you still get half of the compensation (or divided by however many other people filed)?

I think the initial goodwill money and probably Bosch money go to people before deadline but maybe some goes to those after fix is done?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    FS: 22" ADV.1 Wheels, S-line perforated automatic shift knob and boot, BC Forged HB29's, 275/30/20 Tires, WTB: 20" OEM Wheels/Tires

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I've got a letter from Bosch Settlement arriving today... I wonder if it will be the full $1500, or just a half-payment to start?
    - Justin

'14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by atisvt99 View Post
    I've got a letter from Bosch Settlement arriving today... I wonder if it will be the full $1500, or just a half-payment to start?
    It was the full 1500... I'm paid in full.
    - Justin

'14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Nearly 8 weeks post fix with no check from Bosch.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

Veteran Member Three Rings IinsureU's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bmoores View Post
    Nearly 8 weeks post fix with no check from Bosch.
    Been like 2 weeks for me, slackers...
    2015 Q5 TDi- Monsoon Gray, MMI, B&O, 20" wheel and Sports Interior Package, Eurocode sways/links and Alu Kreuz
    2014 Audi RS5- Shiraz Red, Black Nappa/Alcantara, MMI, Titanium Pkg, Sports Exhaust, Rear Shade, CF Trim- SOLD

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I got the Bosch money for one vehicle before the fix and the other about a month after the fix.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'm at 6 weeks after the fix...Nothing from Bosch yet..Although I just got the Malone tune yesterday..Have not had a chance to drive it much, but will do so today.

Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix

2015 TDI Q7, going for a dyno on 3/30 and then the fix right after that.

I figure going right to the dyno again later that day without adaptation time would be a waste, so I will let it adapt and then go back to the same dyno for the "after" and then I will give the update with numbers.

Any other updates on post-fix MPG, drivability and other issues?
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Did you end up doing stage 1 or 2? What are your thoughts on the tune? How was working with Berg Performance?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eggdog View Post
    I'm at 6 weeks after the fix...Nothing from Bosch yet..Although I just got the Malone tune yesterday..Have not had a chance to drive it much, but will do so today.
    Did you end up doing stage 1 or 2? What are your thoughts on the tune? How was working with Berg Performance?

AZ Member #

Just had my fix done here at Toronto to my ‘15 Q7. 4 days in - just noticed idling a bit higher. Shifting also changed to higher rpms than before. Performance-wise not much of a difference. Will be checking how consumption will be in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Romanzz View Post
    Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

Romanzz- shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to meet up and you discuss further

Active Member One Ring UrS4Driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6 Avant, 2003 S8, 2015 Q5 TDI S-Line

[QUOTE=eggdog;13007622]Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

Was anything done with the transmission coding to change the higher shift points everyone has been referring to above? I've heard the TCU encryption is hard to break. TIA

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

[QUOTE=UrS4Driver;13008216]
    Quote Originally Posted by eggdog View Post
    Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

Was anything done with the transmission coding to change the higher shift points everyone has been referring to above? I've heard the TCU encryption is hard to break. TIA
    Nothing was done to transmission during the tune..Just feels much smoother during the shifts than before.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Damnit I need to get a tune now lol.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

Active Member One Ring UrS4Driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6 Avant, 2003 S8, 2015 Q5 TDI S-Line

When I contacted the local dealer handling the Malone tuning offering he suggested I use JR Auto Tuning. (http://chiptuning.ca/) He suggested that they have had better results post the TDI emission fix then Malone.

Have many people used JR and if so what is your impression of their tune post the emission fix?

TIA

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UrS4Driver View Post
    When I contacted the local dealer handling the Malone tuning offering he suggested I use JR Auto Tuning. (http://chiptuning.ca/) He suggested that they have had better results post the TDI emission fix then Malone.

Have many people used JR and if so what is your impression of their tune post the emission fix?

TIA
    I sent you a message

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I sent you a message
    what has been your experience with JR?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    what has been your experience with JR?
    The tune works well, but I can’t compare it to the Malone Tune since I haven’t tried it. Malone has been pushing out a lot of them since the fix started.
    The fuel economy has increased a lot and it pulls hard. I’ve tried to use VCDS to log data, but I’m not sure what sensors I need to read. Ross-Tech has made a lot of changes to VCDS and the directions online don’t match up with the new software.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

coming up on 12 weeks post fix with no second check from Bosch. Anyone else had a wait that long?

Re: Tunes which of the two out of JR and Malone can be done remotely via OBD II?

Cheers Fellas,

Ben
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

AZ Member #
    My Garage

coming up on 12 weeks post fix with no second check from Bosch. Anyone else had a wait that long?

Re: Tunes which of the two out of JR and Malone can be done remotely via OBD II?

Cheers Fellas,

Ben
    Both tunes are loaded using a Powergate. It’s very easy, but requires a Windows computer. I didn’t have one at the time so I purchased a Windows tablet to use with the Powergate and VCDS.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Anyone try the DEF delete kit along with the tune? I've heard that makes for an even bigger performance and MPG boost.
    - Justin

'14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive

AZ Member #
    My Garage

6 days post fix, definite change in shift points and less power per the butt dyno. going back tomorrow for the follow up dyno to the baseline (pre-fix) from the morning of the fix being performed. Will advise as to numbers, have been paid the total from VW and Bosch. More diesel smell as well, should have close to a full tank of diesel run through by tonight.

where are all people that said they were getting before and after dynos for months? I have seen a few at best.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

6 days post fix, definite change in shift points and less power per the butt dyno. going back tomorrow for the follow up dyno to the baseline (pre-fix) from the morning of the fix being performed. Will advise as to numbers, have been paid the total from VW and Bosch. More diesel smell as well, should have close to a full tank of diesel run through by tonight.

where are all people that said they were getting before and after dynos for months? I have seen a few at best.
    I only recalled three posters here saying they'd get before and after dyno's and at least two have delivered. I actually think thats a good result. Tough to get excited about denoting a Q5 lol.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

AZ Member #

I only recalled three posters here saying they'd get before and after dyno's and at least two have delivered. I actually think thats a good result. Tough to get excited about denoting a Q5 lol.
    I assume after a few posters showed essentially no loss in power people didn't feel the need to shell out coin for a non-issue.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I am not going to sweat a few hundred bucks on two dynos for a $75k ride

AZ Member #

I am not going to sweat a few hundred bucks on two dynos for a $75k ride

I hear ya man; interested to see your results. My feeling is while peak power remained the same it didn't come on until later in the rpm band, but that was all fixed with the re-installation of my tune ;)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

2015 TDI Q7 Prestige. Pre fix and one week later post fix. humidity a bit different but temps about the same. small weather correction, same dyno and assuming close to the same calibration. full tank both times, fully warmed up.

fix makes no sense as everything is within 5% so how is 300-700 times more NoX emissions fixed within those parameters? why did they need to cheat in the first place? not enough data on the mpg yet.

definitely feel the difference in shift points and the max drop in tq (see dyno graph). pre and post fix, separate 3rd and 4th gear pulls:

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI Executive (awaiting buyback), 2012 Silverado 2500

^^The answer is that they were not mainly cheating the EPA, they were worried about adblue fill schedules and the failure rate of emissions system parts. They also wanted to cut down on regens and sell to city drivers who were not really a good fit for Diesel engines. In short, it was a decision driven by sales considerations first, regulatory considerations second.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
    ^^The answer is that they were not mainly cheating the EPA, they were worried about adblue fill schedules and the failure rate of emissions system parts. They also wanted to cut down on regens and sell to city drivers who were not really a good fit for Diesel engines. In short, it was a decision driven by sales considerations first, regulatory considerations second.

We knew all that already, so I guess you missed my point as to the fix not actually changing anything as to emissions aside from any physical changes.

Cheat did not make parts less susceptible to failure (at least those on the car at the time), and many have seen no appreciable difference in adblue refills.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast