Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 1977
  1. #1921
    Veteran Member Four Rings bmoreS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    74716
    My Garage
    Couple Audis and a VW
    Location
    MD

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Final Update:

    2011 Tdi Lux Treg

    Vw paid off loan $28k
    Vw gave us $13k
    Received Botch $1.5k

    No complaints about the process.
    Current:
    2001.5 B5 S4 - Stage 3 on Meth -- Thanks to Brad and Country Dubs
    2013 B8.5 S4 - EPL Stage 2 / EPL TCU
    2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Black on Black - Black Wheel Package

  2. #1922
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    Quote Originally Posted by UrS4Driver View Post
    TCM = Transmission Control Module ?

    So folks are wishing to alter that programming as well post fix due to the changes in shift points in the tranny?

    Was the TCM tunable prior to the fix?

    Thx,
    BVG
    Malone Tuning told me that they’ve never been able to break the protection on the TCM. I’m not too worried about the shifting because the tune made a huge difference.

  3. #1923
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    382300
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR
    Location
    Boulder CO USA

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
    Malone Tuning told me that they’ve never been able to break the protection on the TCM. I’m not too worried about the shifting because the tune made a huge difference.
    Do share on your impressions of the Malone tune!!! I just called our local guy and set up my appt to get the Stage 2 Malone. Interested in your impressions, comments on the tune, and MPG (Too early to tell but keep us posted!)

  4. #1924
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    Mine isn’t a Malone Tune, but it’s similar. I reloaded it a few days ago and the fuel economy has increased a lot. After the fix it was averaging 22.8 mpg. After the Tune was installed it had a lot more power and it’s back up to just over 30 mpg around town and 39.2 on the interstate last night with the cruise set at 75 mph. Mine does has adaptive cruise so it would slow down and speed up a little bit to keep the distance.

  5. #1925
    Senior Member Three Rings baldy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2010
    AZ Member #
    58850
    My Garage
    A4 Avant, Touareg TDi, Yamaha R1
    Location
    BC

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
    Mine isn’t a Malone Tune, but it’s similar. I reloaded it a few days ago and the fuel economy has increased a lot. After the fix it was averaging 22.8 mpg. After the Tune was installed it had a lot more power and it’s back up to just over 30 mpg around town and 39.2 on the interstate last night with the cruise set at 75 mph. Mine does has adaptive cruise so it would slow down and speed up a little bit to keep the distance.
    Which tune do you have Barry? Just curious if you have avoided the TD1 flag and how do you switch tunes? Is the loader the same one Malone has?

    For the TCM, apparently this company has the tools capable of it, but I'm not sure which tuner uses their hardware / software. Most use BDM and KESS.

    https://www.magicmotorsport.com/docu...t-tcu-manager/

  6. #1926
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    JR Auto Tuning. It doesn’t erase the ecu flash count, but I haven’t had any issues with warranty claims and have had a tune on the car since May 2016. It uses the same Flashzilla loader as the Malone Tune. I think Malone is a little bit cheaper. The JR tune is $875 CAD so about $680 USD shipped.

  7. #1927
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    45406
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Sorry, I've been having a HELLUVA time with the stealership here in VA... So far, service manager, sales manager, general manager, Audi field service rep, and even Audi of America (customer experience... completely worthless by the way) have zero concept of customer service for some serious damage that was done to my vehicle while there for 2 months! :-O

    My dyno HP numbers actually improved a bit after the fix! haha...

    Before: 192.6hp / 343.8tq

    After: 197.0hp / 341.5tq

    I'm not sure how accurate the dyno is, since the tq numbers seem low to me... But I was mainly looking for the before and after, and needed something to reference.

    Overall, I've not noticed much of a difference in drivability. MPG is obviously down, and the smell of Adblue is much stronger when I'm warming it up in the AM, but otherwise, it's not too bad. I think I'm going to go with a Malone tune and DEF delete when the Bosch check comes in.

    Incidentally, Barry, any particular reason you went with JR over Malone? I think it was already mentioned that they both flash with the Flashzilla... just curious as I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I already own the APR tune, but want a little more than what that one will give me.
    - Justin

    '14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

  8. #1928
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    45406
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    - Justin

    '14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

  9. #1929
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    382300
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR
    Location
    Boulder CO USA

    How long AFTER the final fix from Audi, did you receive your final Bosch check? Still waiting on mine 3 weeks after final Audi fix.
    Thanks

  10. #1930
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    366904
    Location
    Los Angeles, California

    Quote Originally Posted by atisvt99 View Post
    Sorry, I've been having a HELLUVA time with the stealership here in VA... So far, service manager, sales manager, general manager, Audi field service rep, and even Audi of America (customer experience... completely worthless by the way) have zero concept of customer service for some serious damage that was done to my vehicle while there for 2 months! :-O

    My dyno HP numbers actually improved a bit after the fix! haha...

    Before: 192.6hp / 343.8tq

    After: 197.0hp / 341.5tq

    I'm not sure how accurate the dyno is, since the tq numbers seem low to me... But I was mainly looking for the before and after, and needed something to reference.

    Overall, I've not noticed much of a difference in drivability. MPG is obviously down, and the smell of Adblue is much stronger when I'm warming it up in the AM, but otherwise, it's not too bad. I think I'm going to go with a Malone tune and DEF delete when the Bosch check comes in.

    Incidentally, Barry, any particular reason you went with JR over Malone? I think it was already mentioned that they both flash with the Flashzilla... just curious as I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I already own the APR tune, but want a little more than what that one will give me.
    Great info, thanks! I think those results are pretty accurate---my butt dyno tells me they shifted the torque curve to ever so slightly higher rpms and that's what your graphs appear to show. Good to know they didn't neuter all our power.

  11. #1931
    Veteran Member Four Rings EYE4SPEED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    24138
    My Garage
    Cayenne Diesel, Q5 TDI, Junior Quattro
    Location
    West Coast of Michigan
    Items for Sale

    Anybody buy a vehicle this year that wasn’t fixed yet? Would you still get half of the compensation (or divided by however many other people filed)?

    I think the initial goodwill money and probably Bosch money go to people before deadline but maybe some goes to those after fix is done?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    FS: 22" ADV.1 Wheels, S-line perforated automatic shift knob and boot, BC Forged HB29's, 275/30/20 Tires, WTB: 20" OEM Wheels/Tires

  12. #1932
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    45406
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    I've got a letter from Bosch Settlement arriving today... I wonder if it will be the full $1500, or just a half-payment to start?
    - Justin

    '14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

  13. #1933
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    45406
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by atisvt99 View Post
    I've got a letter from Bosch Settlement arriving today... I wonder if it will be the full $1500, or just a half-payment to start?
    It was the full 1500... I'm paid in full.
    - Justin

    '14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

  14. #1934
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    378115
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Nearly 8 weeks post fix with no check from Bosch.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

  15. #1935
    Veteran Member Three Rings IinsureU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2012
    AZ Member #
    103346
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoores View Post
    Nearly 8 weeks post fix with no check from Bosch.
    Been like 2 weeks for me, slackers...
    2015 Q5 TDi- Monsoon Gray, MMI, B&O, 20" wheel and Sports Interior Package, Eurocode sways/links and Alu Kreuz
    2014 Audi RS5- Shiraz Red, Black Nappa/Alcantara, MMI, Titanium Pkg, Sports Exhaust, Rear Shade, CF Trim- SOLD

  16. #1936
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    I got the Bosch money for one vehicle before the fix and the other about a month after the fix.

  17. #1937
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    382300
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR
    Location
    Boulder CO USA

    I'm at 6 weeks after the fix...Nothing from Bosch yet..Although I just got the Malone tune yesterday..Have not had a chance to drive it much, but will do so today.

  18. #1938
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    2015 TDI Q7, going for a dyno on 3/30 and then the fix right after that.

    I figure going right to the dyno again later that day without adaptation time would be a waste, so I will let it adapt and then go back to the same dyno for the "after" and then I will give the update with numbers.


    Any other updates on post-fix MPG, drivability and other issues?
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

  19. #1939
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2014
    AZ Member #
    290809
    Location
    Denver

    Did you end up doing stage 1 or 2? What are your thoughts on the tune? How was working with Berg Performance?

  20. #1940
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2014
    AZ Member #
    290809
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by eggdog View Post
    I'm at 6 weeks after the fix...Nothing from Bosch yet..Although I just got the Malone tune yesterday..Have not had a chance to drive it much, but will do so today.
    Did you end up doing stage 1 or 2? What are your thoughts on the tune? How was working with Berg Performance?

  21. #1941
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    351252
    Location
    Scarborough

    Just had my fix done here at Toronto to my ‘15 Q7. 4 days in - just noticed idling a bit higher. Shifting also changed to higher rpms than before. Performance-wise not much of a difference. Will be checking how consumption will be in the next few weeks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #1942
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    382300
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR
    Location
    Boulder CO USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanzz View Post
    Did you end up doing stage 1 or 2? What are your thoughts on the tune? How was working with Berg Performance?
    Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

    Romanzz- shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to meet up and you discuss further

  23. #1943
    Active Member One Ring UrS4Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    398895
    My Garage
    2002 S6 Avant, 2003 S8, 2015 Q5 TDI S-Line
    Location
    Atlanta

    [QUOTE=eggdog;13007622]Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

    Was anything done with the transmission coding to change the higher shift points everyone has been referring to above? I've heard the TCU encryption is hard to break. TIA

  24. #1944
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    382300
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 TDI, Orbea Oiz Carbon XTR
    Location
    Boulder CO USA

    [QUOTE=UrS4Driver;13008216]
    Quote Originally Posted by eggdog View Post
    Did the Malone Stage 2 with Berg! F Awsome! Completely different from the neutered fix! Way smoother, shift points are smooth, and it PULLS like crazy..Super impressed.. Berg was a pleasure to deal with... Dropped it off in the morning and 2 hrs later it was done...They did not have to remove the ECU. Just did a flash download and sent it to Malone.. Super easy and they we're great to deal with...Get the tune...Its a completely different car! Love it

    Was anything done with the transmission coding to change the higher shift points everyone has been referring to above? I've heard the TCU encryption is hard to break. TIA
    Nothing was done to transmission during the tune..Just feels much smoother during the shifts than before.

  25. #1945
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    378115
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Damnit I need to get a tune now lol.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

  26. #1946
    Active Member One Ring UrS4Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    398895
    My Garage
    2002 S6 Avant, 2003 S8, 2015 Q5 TDI S-Line
    Location
    Atlanta

    When I contacted the local dealer handling the Malone tuning offering he suggested I use JR Auto Tuning. (http://chiptuning.ca/) He suggested that they have had better results post the TDI emission fix then Malone.

    Have many people used JR and if so what is your impression of their tune post the emission fix?

    TIA

  27. #1947
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    Quote Originally Posted by UrS4Driver View Post
    When I contacted the local dealer handling the Malone tuning offering he suggested I use JR Auto Tuning. (http://chiptuning.ca/) He suggested that they have had better results post the TDI emission fix then Malone.

    Have many people used JR and if so what is your impression of their tune post the emission fix?

    TIA
    I sent you a message

  28. #1948
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
    I sent you a message
    what has been your experience with JR?
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

  29. #1949
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    what has been your experience with JR?
    The tune works well, but I can’t compare it to the Malone Tune since I haven’t tried it. Malone has been pushing out a lot of them since the fix started.
    The fuel economy has increased a lot and it pulls hard. I’ve tried to use VCDS to log data, but I’m not sure what sensors I need to read. Ross-Tech has made a lot of changes to VCDS and the directions online don’t match up with the new software.

  30. #1950
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    378115
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    coming up on 12 weeks post fix with no second check from Bosch. Anyone else had a wait that long?

    Re: Tunes which of the two out of JR and Malone can be done remotely via OBD II?

    Cheers Fellas,

    Ben
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

  31. #1951
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2004
    AZ Member #
    1132
    My Garage
    '14 Q5 TDI Prestige & '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
    Location
    Charleston, W.V.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoores View Post
    coming up on 12 weeks post fix with no second check from Bosch. Anyone else had a wait that long?

    Re: Tunes which of the two out of JR and Malone can be done remotely via OBD II?

    Cheers Fellas,

    Ben
    Both tunes are loaded using a Powergate. It’s very easy, but requires a Windows computer. I didn’t have one at the time so I purchased a Windows tablet to use with the Powergate and VCDS.

  32. #1952
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    45406
    My Garage
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive, '03 911 Turbo
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Anyone try the DEF delete kit along with the tune? I've heard that makes for an even bigger performance and MPG boost.
    - Justin

    '14 Q5 TDI
    '13 BMW 328i xDrive
    '03 Porsche 911 Turbo : All done up

  33. #1953
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    6 days post fix, definite change in shift points and less power per the butt dyno. going back tomorrow for the follow up dyno to the baseline (pre-fix) from the morning of the fix being performed. Will advise as to numbers, have been paid the total from VW and Bosch. More diesel smell as well, should have close to a full tank of diesel run through by tonight.

    where are all people that said they were getting before and after dynos for months? I have seen a few at best.
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

  34. #1954
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2016
    AZ Member #
    378115
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    6 days post fix, definite change in shift points and less power per the butt dyno. going back tomorrow for the follow up dyno to the baseline (pre-fix) from the morning of the fix being performed. Will advise as to numbers, have been paid the total from VW and Bosch. More diesel smell as well, should have close to a full tank of diesel run through by tonight.

    where are all people that said they were getting before and after dynos for months? I have seen a few at best.
    I only recalled three posters here saying they'd get before and after dyno's and at least two have delivered. I actually think thats a good result. Tough to get excited about denoting a Q5 lol.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

  35. #1955
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    366904
    Location
    Los Angeles, California

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoores View Post
    I only recalled three posters here saying they'd get before and after dyno's and at least two have delivered. I actually think thats a good result. Tough to get excited about denoting a Q5 lol.
    I assume after a few posters showed essentially no loss in power people didn't feel the need to shell out coin for a non-issue.

  36. #1956
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    I am not going to sweat a few hundred bucks on two dynos for a $75k ride


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

  37. #1957
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    366904
    Location
    Los Angeles, California

    Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    I am not going to sweat a few hundred bucks on two dynos for a $75k ride


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear ya man; interested to see your results. My feeling is while peak power remained the same it didn't come on until later in the rpm band, but that was all fixed with the re-installation of my tune ;)

  38. #1958
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    2015 TDI Q7 Prestige. Pre fix and one week later post fix. humidity a bit different but temps about the same. small weather correction, same dyno and assuming close to the same calibration. full tank both times, fully warmed up.

    fix makes no sense as everything is within 5% so how is 300-700 times more NoX emissions fixed within those parameters? why did they need to cheat in the first place? not enough data on the mpg yet.

    definitely feel the difference in shift points and the max drop in tq (see dyno graph). pre and post fix, separate 3rd and 4th gear pulls:











    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

  39. #1959
    Active Member One Ring Mythdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    391808
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI Executive (awaiting buyback), 2012 Silverado 2500
    Location
    TN

    ^^The answer is that they were not mainly cheating the EPA, they were worried about adblue fill schedules and the failure rate of emissions system parts. They also wanted to cut down on regens and sell to city drivers who were not really a good fit for Diesel engines. In short, it was a decision driven by sales considerations first, regulatory considerations second.

  40. #1960
    Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2008
    AZ Member #
    36586
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3, F23 m240ix
    Location
    Kali

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
    ^^The answer is that they were not mainly cheating the EPA, they were worried about adblue fill schedules and the failure rate of emissions system parts. They also wanted to cut down on regens and sell to city drivers who were not really a good fit for Diesel engines. In short, it was a decision driven by sales considerations first, regulatory considerations second.

    We knew all that already, so I guess you missed my point as to the fix not actually changing anything as to emissions aside from any physical changes.

    Cheat did not make parts less susceptible to failure (at least those on the car at the time), and many have seen no appreciable difference in adblue refills.
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.