Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Veteran Member Four Rings A1 A2 German's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B5, Audi Fox, Audi AMLS TT, GS450, CB175, CL175
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ^

Oh, o.k. What A4-Mike said, you just have to spin/start one of the nuts on, then finish sliding down the mainfold and do the others. Believe it's the bottom row, and either runner 2 or 3 (one of the center studs). I got all of them tight, also have never had an exhaust leak, or any other issue.
    Having a bucket that runs 10's is like saying you have a 200lb girlfriend but she's good in bed.

Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A1 A2 German View Post
    ^

Oh, o.k. What A4-Mike said, you just have to spin/start one of the nuts on, then finish sliding down the mainfold. Believe it's the bottom row, and either runner 2 or 3 (one of the center studs). I got all off them tight.
    Mine was the top nut above runner 3 I believe (second one from firewall).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 Civic CX Hatch, 2012 CBR250R
    Items for Sale

Who ever makes these needs to make them with a t25 or t3 flange.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

^ this makes no sense.... now a hybrid turbo on a high flow manifold has its place in the world....but why would you want to keep the restrictive kkk/t25 flange?

You are buying a new manifold... and probably gonna put a hybrid turbo (new turbo) on there ... why would you get a XSbrand tubular manifold for a t3 flange when there are TONS of better/stronger/proven manifolds that are intended for larger turbos...?

Pissin' in the wind if you ask me. Do it right or don't do it at all.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rodgertherabit View Post
    ^ this makes no sense.... now a hybrid turbo on a high flow manifold has its place in the world....but why would you want to keep the restrictive kkk/t25 flange?

You are buying a new manifold... and probably gonna put a hybrid turbo (new turbo) on there ... why would you get a XSbrand tubular manifold for a t3 flange when there are TONS of better/stronger/proven manifolds that are intended for larger turbos...?

Pissin' in the wind if you ask me. Do it right or don't do it at all.
    Agreed... I'd say if you're wanting to have tubular manifold for larger frame turbo... using this layout as a model wouldn't be a bad idea... but with some what larger merge collector into the flange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Davdraco1 View Post
    Who ever makes these needs to make them with a t25 or t3 flange.
    Like this?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

How does this manifold fit w the pcv and secondary air injection pipes in place? Would you need to remove those?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    How does this manifold fit w the pcv and secondary air injection pipes in place? Would you need to remove those?
    You can leave the pcv system in place but you will have to get rid of the useless sai system and change the oem oil feed line to a flexible one and run it around the front of the engine.

Last edited by A4-Mike; 07-19-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by A4-Mike View Post
    Like this?

I more or less meant something that would replace the APR manifold and still use their test pipe. People want way too much for the manifolds.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Davdraco1 View Post
    I more or less meant something that would replace the APR manifold and still use their test pipe. People want way too much for the manifolds.
    Oh ok, yeah some of the prices are ridiculous I payed $510 AU for my 034Motorsport hfc and then had to pay another $30 to have another O2 sensor bung welded on just so I could use it.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Oh ok, yeah some of the prices are ridiculous I payed $510 AU for my 034Motorsport hfc and then had to pay another $30 to have another O2 sensor bung welded on just so I could use it.

People want 500$ plus for the APR manifold. And I understand it's possibly the best cast manifold available for our cars, but that price is crazy.

AZ Member #

The runners aren't near as high as you might think. My 98 doesn't have the SAI, so I'm not sure about that. As far as the oil line... flip it around to go in front of the engine instead of behind... it'll take a bit of bending (I used a torch to gently bend it as needed) but it works perfectly.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You can leave the pcv system in place but you will have to get rid of the useless sai system and change the oem oil feed line to a flexible one and run it around the front of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by SynapticA4TQM View Post
    The runners aren't near as high as you might think. My 98 doesn't have the SAI, so I'm not sure about that. As far as the oil line... flip it around to go in front of the engine instead of behind... it'll take a bit of bending (I used a torch to gently bend it as needed) but it works perfectly.

I'll likely go with the braided line around the front for the oil feed. As for the SAI, I can just run a block off plate and delete everything correct? I have a custom Malone Tune so I can probably have him code out the SAI if it needs to be deleted since he already deleted the rear 02 since I'm catless.

AZ Member #

I'll likely go with the braided line around the front for the oil feed. As for the SAI, I can just run a block off plate and delete everything correct? I have a custom Malone Tune so I can probably have him code out the SAI if it needs to be deleted since he already deleted the rear 02 since I'm catless.
    Psi Concepts has been the best place that I've seen to purchase the braided line... unless you're comfortable making it DIY style.

AZ Member #

Yep just grab a block off plate and remove it, you will need to get it coded out tho as it will throw a CEL.

Veteran Member Three Rings Crispy222's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by SynapticA4TQM View Post
    Psi Concepts has been the best place that I've seen to purchase the braided line... unless you're comfortable making it DIY style.

ATP Turbo also has really nice braided oil feed lines with both straight and 90* ends as well as adapters for factory threaded ports.
    98 Passat Var,2L,IE/JE,ARP,034,SPA,50tr,3tbe,FX400,BigREDs,Uni440,Fuel ab,Sterns,Mocal,Bils,JHM
    LINKS:2L Build,Further PerformanceHausOfHarnessD2 S8 40vQM

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy222 View Post
    ATP Turbo also has really nice braided oil feed lines with both straight and 90* ends as well as adapters for factory threaded ports.
    Good looking out good to know too.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678