Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 281 to 297 of 297
  1. #281
    Veteran Member Four Rings A1 A2 German's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    5519
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B5, Audi Fox, Audi AMLS TT, GS450, CB175, CL175
    Location
    Tempe
    Items for Sale

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ^

    Oh, o.k. What A4-Mike said, you just have to spin/start one of the nuts on, then finish sliding down the mainfold and do the others. Believe it's the bottom row, and either runner 2 or 3 (one of the center studs). I got all of them tight, also have never had an exhaust leak, or any other issue.
    Having a bucket that runs 10's is like saying you have a 200lb girlfriend but she's good in bed.

  2. #282
    Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2016
    AZ Member #
    374572
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by A1 A2 German View Post
    ^

    Oh, o.k. What A4-Mike said, you just have to spin/start one of the nuts on, then finish sliding down the mainfold. Believe it's the bottom row, and either runner 2 or 3 (one of the center studs). I got all off them tight.
    Mine was the top nut above runner 3 I believe (second one from firewall).

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  3. #283
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    124715
    My Garage
    98 Civic CX Hatch, 2012 CBR250R
    Location
    State College PA
    Items for Sale

    Who ever makes these needs to make them with a t25 or t3 flange.

  4. #284
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 17 2014
    AZ Member #
    229072
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Items for Sale

    ^ this makes no sense.... now a hybrid turbo on a high flow manifold has its place in the world....but why would you want to keep the restrictive kkk/t25 flange?

    You are buying a new manifold... and probably gonna put a hybrid turbo (new turbo) on there ... why would you get a XSbrand tubular manifold for a t3 flange when there are TONS of better/stronger/proven manifolds that are intended for larger turbos...?

    Pissin' in the wind if you ask me. Do it right or don't do it at all.

  5. #285
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2011
    AZ Member #
    80632
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by rodgertherabit View Post
    ^ this makes no sense.... now a hybrid turbo on a high flow manifold has its place in the world....but why would you want to keep the restrictive kkk/t25 flange?

    You are buying a new manifold... and probably gonna put a hybrid turbo (new turbo) on there ... why would you get a XSbrand tubular manifold for a t3 flange when there are TONS of better/stronger/proven manifolds that are intended for larger turbos...?

    Pissin' in the wind if you ask me. Do it right or don't do it at all.
    Agreed... I'd say if you're wanting to have tubular manifold for larger frame turbo... using this layout as a model wouldn't be a bad idea... but with some what larger merge collector into the flange.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #286
    Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2016
    AZ Member #
    374572
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Davdraco1 View Post
    Who ever makes these needs to make them with a t25 or t3 flange.
    Like this?

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  7. #287
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2008
    AZ Member #
    25668
    Location
    USA

    How does this manifold fit w the pcv and secondary air injection pipes in place? Would you need to remove those?

  8. #288
    Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2016
    AZ Member #
    374572
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    How does this manifold fit w the pcv and secondary air injection pipes in place? Would you need to remove those?
    You can leave the pcv system in place but you will have to get rid of the useless sai system and change the oem oil feed line to a flexible one and run it around the front of the engine.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by A4-Mike; 07-19-2017 at 03:43 AM.

  9. #289
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    124715
    My Garage
    98 Civic CX Hatch, 2012 CBR250R
    Location
    State College PA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4-Mike View Post
    Like this?

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I more or less meant something that would replace the APR manifold and still use their test pipe. People want way too much for the manifolds.

  10. #290
    Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2016
    AZ Member #
    374572
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Davdraco1 View Post
    I more or less meant something that would replace the APR manifold and still use their test pipe. People want way too much for the manifolds.
    Oh ok, yeah some of the prices are ridiculous I payed $510 AU for my 034Motorsport hfc and then had to pay another $30 to have another O2 sensor bung welded on just so I could use it.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  11. #291
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    124715
    My Garage
    98 Civic CX Hatch, 2012 CBR250R
    Location
    State College PA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4-Mike View Post
    Oh ok, yeah some of the prices are ridiculous I payed $510 AU for my 034Motorsport hfc and then had to pay another $30 to have another O2 sensor bung welded on just so I could use it.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    People want 500$ plus for the APR manifold. And I understand it's possibly the best cast manifold available for our cars, but that price is crazy.

  12. #292
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2011
    AZ Member #
    80632
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    How does this manifold fit w the pcv and secondary air injection pipes in place? Would you need to remove those?
    The runners aren't near as high as you might think. My 98 doesn't have the SAI, so I'm not sure about that. As far as the oil line... flip it around to go in front of the engine instead of behind... it'll take a bit of bending (I used a torch to gently bend it as needed) but it works perfectly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #293
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2008
    AZ Member #
    25668
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by A4-Mike View Post
    You can leave the pcv system in place but you will have to get rid of the useless sai system and change the oem oil feed line to a flexible one and run it around the front of the engine.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SynapticA4TQM View Post
    The runners aren't near as high as you might think. My 98 doesn't have the SAI, so I'm not sure about that. As far as the oil line... flip it around to go in front of the engine instead of behind... it'll take a bit of bending (I used a torch to gently bend it as needed) but it works perfectly.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll likely go with the braided line around the front for the oil feed. As for the SAI, I can just run a block off plate and delete everything correct? I have a custom Malone Tune so I can probably have him code out the SAI if it needs to be deleted since he already deleted the rear 02 since I'm catless.

  14. #294
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2011
    AZ Member #
    80632
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    I'll likely go with the braided line around the front for the oil feed. As for the SAI, I can just run a block off plate and delete everything correct? I have a custom Malone Tune so I can probably have him code out the SAI if it needs to be deleted since he already deleted the rear 02 since I'm catless.
    Psi Concepts has been the best place that I've seen to purchase the braided line... unless you're comfortable making it DIY style.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #295
    Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2016
    AZ Member #
    374572
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    I'll likely go with the braided line around the front for the oil feed. As for the SAI, I can just run a block off plate and delete everything correct? I have a custom Malone Tune so I can probably have him code out the SAI if it needs to be deleted since he already deleted the rear 02 since I'm catless.
    Yep just grab a block off plate and remove it, you will need to get it coded out tho as it will throw a CEL.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  16. #296
    Veteran Member Three Rings Crispy222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 15 2008
    AZ Member #
    26462
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by SynapticA4TQM View Post
    Psi Concepts has been the best place that I've seen to purchase the braided line... unless you're comfortable making it DIY style.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ATP Turbo also has really nice braided oil feed lines with both straight and 90* ends as well as adapters for factory threaded ports.
    98 Passat Var,2L,IE/JE,ARP,034,SPA,50tr,3tbe,FX400,BigREDs,Uni440,Fuel ab,Sterns,Mocal,Bils,JHM
    LINKS:2L Build,Further PerformanceHausOfHarnessD2 S8 40vQM

  17. #297
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2011
    AZ Member #
    80632
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy222 View Post
    ATP Turbo also has really nice braided oil feed lines with both straight and 90* ends as well as adapters for factory threaded ports.
    Good looking out good to know too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.