Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,240 of 3014
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Owl View Post
    Sounds like she's/he's not dead yet
    lol . will take a drive soon and see if still back to normal or comes back ...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Nevermind
    Last edited by tar; 06-12-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    Rotiform | BBS | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr stage 2 | H&R sport | Q5 ECS wave kit matching rears | CR15 |
    Eurocode AK | Eurocode inserts | 034 subframe inserts | Ecodes

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Some car

Is Audi brake pedal soft? I found out the previous owner put in Hawk HPS. Brake works fine, but the initial bite isn't there. Not sure if it's Audi soft pedal, air in the line, or the pad being too soft compound.

AZ Member #

if I have the misfortune of buying an S4 (B8.5) without B&O sound, how much money will it cost me to get comparable (or better if I'm going aftermarket) sound quality?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

My 2010 b8 s4 driver side mirror appears as if it has some "haze" (or possibly moisture buildup?) along the bottom half. I was unable to wipe it clean with glass cleaner and towels. Is this a known issue? Possible to clean this haze off with more scrubbing or do I need to replace the mirror itself?

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You should be able to pop the mirror out then just polish it up and it will be fine.

I haven't heard of anyone having issues.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | E40 + Meth | ...
    446WHP / 432WTQ | 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

Senior Member Three Rings toastsauce's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Trying to figure out the correct verbage here:

Stage 2 = single pulley
    Stage 2 + = dual pulley

What about if you're single pulley but it's the crank pulley?
    2014 Audi S5 3.0T Prestige | Black Optics | Sports Diff
    APR Stage 2 ECU | 034 TCU | Roc Euro CAI | B12 Pro Kit | 034 Rear Sway + Endlinks | 034 Motor Mounts | EC Alu Kruez | CR-15
    EC T&B Diff & Trans Mounts | USP SS Brake Lines | EBC Yellow Stuff Pads | BP Slotted & Drilled Rotors | ECS 10F/15R Spacers | RS5 Grille

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Quote Originally Posted by toastsauce View Post

Stage 2 = single pulley
    Stage 2 + = dual pulley

If the crank is large enough you get the same ratio as a DP setup
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

AZ Member #

Yea I am just wondering about labels only. Confusing with stage 2 encapsulating both single and dual pulley configurations
    APR Stage 2 ECU | 034 TCU | Roc Euro CAI | B12 Pro Kit | 034 Rear Sway + Endlinks | 034 Motor Mounts | EC Alu Kruez | CR-15
    EC T&B Diff & Trans Mounts | USP SS Brake Lines | EBC Yellow Stuff Pads | BP Slotted & Drilled Rotors | ECS 10F/15R Spacers | RS5 Grille

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What's the difference between jam & jelly?

AZ Member #

Easily one of the best rape sloth memes

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by toastsauce View Post

Stage 2 = single pulley
    Stage 2 + = dual pulley

Unitronics uses the Stage 2+ verbiage and I think it's just a Stage 2 running 93 octane. Technically single pulley

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sc117 View Post
    Unitronics uses the Stage 2+ verbiage and I think it's just a Stage 2 running 93 octane. Technically single pulley

Revo 1+ is technically single pulley.
    Revo 2 doesn't have any pulleys.

It is all semantics and doesn't really matter.

Stage 2 is a pulley swap to me. Stage 2+ is anything with a PR higher than like 3.1
    Geoff

AZ Member #

I'm looking at buying a 2013 S4 and have a specific car lined up. I just got the results of the PPI and they're saying it needs new rear brakes and rotors and rear left and right shocks. Audi dealer wants 2k for this and seller and I both agree this is a lot.

Anyone have an idea of what I could expect to pay for this at a mechanic?

I can probably do brakes myself, decent chance I could do rotors as well, but I don't think I'd want to do the shocks. Can anyone shed some light?

I should note I've done brakes and rotors on a Ford Taurus before, but never owned an Audi (yet). They're pretty much the same thing tho, right? ;)

Thank you!

AZ Member #

Rear brakes will require either electronically or manually releasing the Electro-Parking Brake.

Other than that just like any other brake job.

If you are going to replace two of the shocks might as well go coil overs all around.

Depending on the quality of the parts this could get close to $2k if you have a shop do it.
    Geoff

Senior Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / GC8

Or the Bilstein B8 shocks are probably a more cost effective solution if height adjustment isnt a requirement.
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige - Ibis White | Magma | DSG | Sport Diff | Carbon Inlays
    EPL STG 1 & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | 034 TransInsert | RS4 Grille | ECS GEOMET Rotors | Stoptech Pads | CR-15 | Eurocode F/R sways | MOOG Endlinks | Alu Kreuz |
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon
    GC8 (sold): http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t136...d-my99-rs.html

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Rear brakes will require either electronically or manually releasing the Electro-Parking Brake.

Other than that just like any other brake job.

If you are going to replace two of the shocks might as well go coil overs all around.

Depending on the quality of the parts this could get close to $2k if you have a shop do it.
    Thanks for the response. Do you need a special tool to release the electroparking brake, or is that just an extra step to do? I'm guessing there are YouTube videos for this?

This car might have the Audi drive select. I'm currently looking in to that but the first lady I talked to at AOA seemed new and didnt really know what I was talking about. I believe that would affect my choice of coilovers or not?

AZ Member #

There are a few videos out there for the A4 that work the same as the S4.

In a nut shell you remove the EPB off the back of the caliper, manually unscrew the parking brake. (Count the turns to be safe)

Do your brake job like you normally would.

You may need to rescrew in the parking brake a bit back to where it was before.

Attach the EPB back on and you are done.
    Geoff

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Ross Tech site has the necessary procedural steps for retracting the Electro-Mechanical Parking Brakes. And here's the video on the process:

Don't forget to have a battery charger attached while doing the rear EPB service! The EPB is very voltage-level sensitive.
    Last edited by LYKUNO; 06-13-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Add latest version of video
    2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

Senior Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / GC8

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndawg View Post
    Thanks for the response. Do you need a special tool to release the electroparking brake, or is that just an extra step to do? I'm guessing there are YouTube videos for this?

This car might have the Audi drive select. I'm currently looking in to that but the first lady I talked to at AOA seemed new and didnt really know what I was talking about. I believe that would affect my choice of coilovers or not?
    depending if the car has auto dampening suspension (ADS) or not. my car has drive select and initially though it had ADS but definitely does not. AoA can check if you give them the VIN, or pull up the car menu for drive select in the MMI, you can always see it there (if equipped)

If you do have it then you need a cancelling unit to remove the error code. Then any suspension can be used. Dont think there are many aftermarket shocks outs there for ADS,
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige - Ibis White | Magma | DSG | Sport Diff | Carbon Inlays
    EPL STG 1 & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | 034 TransInsert | RS4 Grille | ECS GEOMET Rotors | Stoptech Pads | CR-15 | Eurocode F/R sways | MOOG Endlinks | Alu Kreuz |
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon
    GC8 (sold): http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t136...d-my99-rs.html

Veteran Member Four Rings DannyDeez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

Yes you need either a vag com or Carista dongle/app to release the parking brake.

Depends what level of drive select it has. If it's the full version with adjustable suspension then you'll need the $400 KW Error Cancel kit if you go with anything other than OEM shocks.
    2012 Brilliant Black S4 Prestige, 6 speed (Click for thread)

2016 Monsoon Gray Q5 Prem Plus, Tech, Sport, 19's (Click for thread)

2015 Brilliant Black A3 Cab (Sold)
    2006 Quartz Gray A4, 6 speed (Sold)
    2013 Phantom Black S5, 6 Speed (Sold)
    2001.5 Nogaro S4, 6 Speed (x2) (Sold)

AZ Member #

Really appreciate the help I'm getting here guys. I'm thinking about moving forward with the sale.

Another dumb question (I'm in the right thread at least, right?): Is there anything wrong with going aftermarket (ECS) rotors and brakes (akebono ceramic) in the rear, while having stock rotors and brakes in front? This would be a daily with moderate spirited driving (not planning to track it for a while)

Established Member Two Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Really appreciate the help I'm getting here guys. I'm thinking about moving forward with the sale.

Another dumb question (I'm in the right thread at least, right?): Is there anything wrong with going aftermarket (ECS) rotors and brakes (akebono ceramic) in the rear, while having stock rotors and brakes in front? This would be a daily with moderate spirited driving (not planning to track it for a while)
    i think if anything people change the fronts and leave the rears because the fronts are known to be really squeaky. but not sure.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    i think if anything people change the fronts and leave the rears because the fronts are known to be really squeaky. but not sure.
    A fair point, but this would be done out of necessity to replace the rear brakes (and potentially rotors)

Established Member Two Rings LopezMendez's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone ever had an issue with the driver side window making a weird noise as it rolls up ?

Mine makes like almost a crunch noise and it sounds bad I almost done want to roll my window down .

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LopezMendez View Post
    Has anyone ever had an issue with the driver side window making a weird noise as it rolls up ?

Mine makes like almost a crunch noise and it sounds bad I almost done want to roll my window down .

Yeah, when I take my car to the beach and enjoy the sand, it gets in the railing and crunches. Wash it and you might need to lube it

AZ Member #

Why do German cars have lug bolts instead lug nuts? My colleagues and I were debating as to why they have it when it makes things harder

AZ Member #

Cross posting here:
    any insights?

NGK BKR7E Spark plug question/problem

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone know how much coolant the supercharger loop holds when divorced with awe coldfront system? I'm trying to adjust my water to coolant ratio

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know if it's okay to leave the carista Bluetooth adapter plugged into the VCDS port or will it drain power?
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, Stasis rear sway bar, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

AZ Member #

Does anyone know if it's okay to leave the carista Bluetooth adapter plugged into the VCDS port or will it drain power?
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, Stasis rear sway bar, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8Addict View Post
    Probably not going to hurt anything, as long as the ignition switch is not in the on or accessories position.
    2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8Addict View Post
    Never thought about that , Iv had my plugged in for more than a year lol . No drain here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Awesome, thanks guys.

AZ Member #

so.. yeah this is a dumb question. flame if you want, but that is why I'm posting in the dumb questions thread!

What kind of fuel should I be putting in my S4? I live on the east coast. The fuel door says 91/95, but most of the gas stations around me offer 87,92,93. I know 87 is out, but what about the others? Am I ok with anything above 91? I am ok with buying the most premium fuel I can find, but I will have to hunt for a 95. Am I going to damage my engine like this?

Thank you!!

AZ Member #

If 93 is readily available and priced reasonably that's what I would use.

If not, 92 will be fine.

You can mix some E85 in as well for some extra go-fast juice.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

so.. yeah this is a dumb question. flame if you want, but that is why I'm posting in the dumb questions thread!

What kind of fuel should I be putting in my S4? I live on the east coast. The fuel door says 91/95, but most of the gas stations around me offer 87,92,93. I know 87 is out, but what about the others? Am I ok with anything above 91? I am ok with buying the most premium fuel I can find, but I will have to hunt for a 95. Am I going to damage my engine like this?

Thank you!!
    The 95 refers to "95 RON" overseas, which is the same as 91 octane (R+M/2) in the states.

Senior Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

SHELL 93, if youcan get it.
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Anyone use arco gas? Lol

2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

Veteran Member Four Rings sacandagaD's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 S4 P+, 2015 BMW X3 M-sport, 2005 Honda Element
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jygesq View Post
    SHELL 93, if youcan get it.
    This if you have it near you.
    2015 P+, Sepang Blue, Black/Black Alcantara, Tech package, Sport Diff, DSG, Carbon inlays, B&O, Hard wired V1, CR-15, 3M nose film, 19" PSS/Hartmann Rotor reps, Akebonos, LED interior lights, ZxE fogs, Soundakator mute.

Loved but traded: 2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara