Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 2,241 to 2,265 of 2265
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    thanks for the response guys!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jachien View Post
    Anyone use arco gas? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I got a bad tank of ARCO years ago in my old Honda Prelude that caused the secondary fuel filter to plug constantly if I ran the tank too low. I don't have to worry about them now that I'm in the Midwest, but I always avoided ARCO after that.
    2012 S4 6MT
    2006 S4 6MT
    2000 S4 6MT

Active Member Two Rings VtotheJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How do I see my MPG average for an entire tank? I know that the car has 2 trip odometers but the first one resets every time I turn off the car. and the second one doesn't reset until I manually go into MMI and reset.

Senior Member Three Rings Joker S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jygesq View Post
    SHELL 93, if youcan get it.
    +1, I go out of my way to get Shell 93.
    | 2012 S4 Prestige | TI Black Optics | Monsoon Gray Metallic | Black/Magma | STUFF |

Senior Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by BaumerS4 View Post
    I got a bad tank of ARCO years ago in my old Honda Prelude that caused the secondary fuel filter to plug constantly if I ran the tank too low. I don't have to worry about them now that I'm in the Midwest, but I always avoided ARCO after that.
    We had this issue decades ago with a motorhome my dad owned. After that we never went to arco again. But. I'm curious what it is that clogs. And then get a car tuned for garbage gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

Active Member Two Rings VtotheJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

When the MMI shows that there is no oil (before it alerts you to add oil), how much oil is actually left in the car?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Legacy GT (Stage 2+ VF52) / 1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
    When the MMI shows that there is no oil (before it alerts you to add oil), how much oil is actually left in the car?
    MMI - Oil Level is measurement of 1 QT.

Said differently - when it gets to telling you to add oil - it's at least 1 QT low.... But it's reached the minimum of the display so it could be more....

Recommended to get an actual dipstick - to ensure better certainty of oil levels.... MMI tends to be finicky and not 1005 accurate.
    2012 Moonlight Blue Metallic S4 | Premium + | DSG | 19" Peelers |Sports Diff | MMI w/Nav | B&O Audio | Advanced Key |
    After-Market Add-Ons: Rallitek Aluminum Paddles | USP LED Interior Lighting | Phillips Xtreme +50% Headlight Bulbs

Veteran Member Four Rings jimrobbington's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Forester XT, lawn mower
    Items for Sale

Related question; is burning one quart of oem oil every 3k miles fairly normal? Do I have a problem or should I just switch oils?

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'd say no, Audi would probably say yes.

I only started consuming oil after running 20+ lbs of boost.

Current on the OE oil and have burned roughly 1/4 qt in 3,300 miles
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.26 PR | AEM W/M | And a bunch of other junk

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Quote Originally Posted by jimrobbington View Post
    Related question; is burning one quart of oem oil every 3k miles fairly normal? Do I have a problem or should I just switch oils?

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk
    Isn't there a TSB for B8s related to oil consumption?
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

Active Member Two Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    AZ Member #

is there a particular set of ramps you guys like to use or are they pretty much all the same? only ever worked on trucks so ive never needed ramps before

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    is there a particular set of ramps you guys like to use or are they pretty much all the same? only ever worked on trucks so ive never needed ramps before
    Just make sure you get ones that are wide enough for your tires and go up gradually enough that you don't scrape if you are lowered.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.26 PR | AEM W/M | And a bunch of other junk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Just make sure you get ones that are wide enough for your tires and go up gradually enough that you don't scrape if you are lowered.
    ok. im looking at these rhino ramps on amazon, and it seemed like alot of people were saying they were cracking, but then i found a bunch of posts on here saying people loved them. maybe ill see if they are on sale at autozone today or something.

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ok. im looking at these rhino ramps on amazon, and it seemed like alot of people were saying they were cracking, but then i found a bunch of posts on here saying people loved them. maybe ill see if they are on sale at autozone today or something.
    If you look on their website there is a way to measure with a yard stick so you can get the tallest ones you need.
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Senior Member Three Rings MS203's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 S4

I think I've seen threads about this before... I just can't find them at the moment.

Does anyone have a remedy for the AWE exhaust rattle? It happens on 8/10 start ups, but always with cold starts. I can hear it best when I start my car with the driver's door open. It sounds like the exhaust is loose or something. It's a metal rattling sound and sounds super shitty upon start up. Sounds like a noise that would come from starting up a rattly, beat up, and rusted '97 Accord. You know, the kind with its muffler broken and sagging low with dents all over the bumper. Lol.

Any advice/help is appreciated.
    –Matt

2015 S4: Brilliant Black, hardwired V1, Roc Euro intake, H&R Street Coilovers, CR-15, SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms, 034 Rear Sway Bar w/ Moog Endlinks, 034 Rear Subframe Mount Inserts, AG M510's 19x9.5 on Michelin PS4S (255/35/19), AWE Track w/ 102mm diamond black tips, Chipwerke Pro-S.

AZ Member #

im going to install the awe touring exhaust this weekend. on the instructions from their webpage it says to disable the 'SoundAktor' system? i figure im supposed to do it since its literally step 1, but ive just havent seen anyone talk about this in all the write-ups i have read. should i actually remove this fuse?

AZ Member #

im going to install the awe touring exhaust this weekend. on the instructions from their webpage it says to disable the 'SoundAktor' system? i figure im supposed to do it since its literally step 1, but ive just havent seen anyone talk about this in all the write-ups i have read. should i actually remove this fuse?
    Yes, you should remove the fuse...just like everyone else did. It's the 5th fuse on Column A.
    2016 S4 Sepang Blue Premium+ | Black Optics | B&O Tech Pack | Sport Diff | ADS | Black Nappa
    Alu Kreuz | EBC Red Stuff

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I don't have exhaust yet and I still took mine out. Its not really a bad thing, but for me it takes away from what the car is. Especially knowing that it's not just a mic, it's and actual pre recorded track that's played . IMO it's not going to enhance your new exhaust experience so take that BS out and listen to your real exhaust!

Established Member Three Rings DBFL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearDEMIZE.5 View Post
    I don't have exhaust yet and I still took mine out. Its not really a bad thing, but for me it takes away from what the car is. Especially knowing that it's not just a mic, it's and actual pre recorded track that's played . IMO it's not going to enhance your new exhaust experience so take that BS out and listen to your real exhaust!
    You can also code it out via VCDS. Go to the VCDS sticker at the top of this sub-forum and search soundaktor to find the coding. I did it on both my '13 and my current '16.
    Also, I don't think it's a prerecorded track. If I remember correctly, it's a vibrating motor attached to the firewall.
    2016 S4 P+ | 6MT | Sports Diff. | Tech. Package
    Build Thread

2015 SQ5 P+ | H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein Shocks

AZ Member #

Come to beer night tonight and I'll disable it for you.

Worse case scenario just removes the fuse and have someone code it out later.
    Geoff

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    You can also code it out via VCDS. Go to the VCDS sticker at the top of this sub-forum and search soundaktor to find the coding. I did it on both my '13 and my current '16.
    Also, I don't think it's a prerecorded track. If I remember correctly, it's a vibrating motor attached to the firewall.
    What!? Vibrating motor you say? I'll have to double check on that. There might be another use for that somewhere else...

Active Member Two Rings LopezMendez's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know what the key fob on my glove box is for . It's just like a plastic shell .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Plastic emergency/valet key. There is a key portion and the housing portion which should be kept seperate. If both are in your glovebox someone could drive off in your car.
    2014 S4 - Ice Silver Metallic - DSG - Sports Diff - Black Nappa - Xpel Ultimate
    2005 Allroad 2.7T - Daily Commuter - Silver - FBP - 19X9", 255/40/19" ET14.
    Prior:
    2006 A3 2.0T Revo tune
    2002 VW GTI 1.8T Revo tune
    1996 Eagle Talon TSI 2.0T
    1992 Eagle Talon
    1990 Chevy Corsica
    1988 Ford Tempo Coupe, 5-spd

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just a holder for the emergency key.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

If you're willing to invest, Race Ramps are probably the best available.
    2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa