Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 3,121 to 3,142 of 3142
    Active Member Two Rings jcpowell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    Every S4 until the B8 had a full sized matching alloy spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did not know that, makes it even worse.
    2011 Brilliant Black S4 | DSG | Sport Diff & ADS | EPL Stage 1+TCU | Ecode Intake | ECS Drivetrain Mounts | H&R OE Sport Springs | VMR V810 Hyper Silver | RS Grille

Established Member Three Rings chopz33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Infiniti QX56

Quote Originally Posted by JaB6 View Post
    Awesome. What's the best tune? APR? I see a lot of advertising from them here.
    Lots of good options, I went with Unitronic
    2012 S4/ Prestige/ Black Optics Package/DSG/Red Leather/B&O sound
    KW Coilovers/RS4 grille/LED conversion/USP Intake/AWE Touring-resonated DP's/Tinted Amber corners/034 trans mount/CW Pro/Niche Targa wheels/255 30 20/CF Stvbek front lip/Unitronic Stage 2

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

I keep my DIS set to the 'eco' screen and have noticed some strange behavior relating to the fuel consumption readout. This is on my 2015 4 6MT. When I start out in first gear, feathering the throttle (like enough to get moving without stalling), many times the screen shows the realtime fuel consumption rate as 5.0 mpg. I'm talking accelerator pedal position like ~1/8" depressed. It happens on flat ground, starting uphill, and even starting out going downhill. This is maybe 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time, it might read something like 11 mpg in this scenario, which is more what I would expect. To add to my bewilderment, there are other times when I will intentionally get on the gas and take off in first gear and it reads ~9 mpg or higher. In this scenario I am clearly using more fuel than when I am feathering the gas just to get into first gear and creep away.

So, I am not concerned in general that this car is not a highly fuel efficient machine - however, I am concerned/baffled as to why it performs so inconsistently. And while I fully understand that the value reading out on the DIS is not absolutely accurate, I do believe that it is at least good for showing a trend, and my manual calculations of gas mileage resulting in ~16mpg based on 50/50 driving and not beating the crap out of it lead me to believe there is something at play here.

Would anyone here with a B8.5 6MT be willing to humor me and set their DIS to the Eco screen and see what kind of mpg numbers it returns when starting out in 1st gear, and whether it is consistent at all?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Peelers, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, E-codes, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Senior Member Three Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How often should i do Oil Change with Dual Pulley.
    '13 S4 - Phantom Black | DSG | Silver Inlays | Alcantara | Sport Differential | Akebono Pads | ECS Transmission Mount | ECS F/R Diff Mount
    ECS Drilled & Slotted Rotors | EPL DP | EPL TCU | JHM 179 Pulley | MercRacing HX | Double NonRes X-Pipe | Black Badges | Black Sidemarkers | LED's
    Nitto Motivo | Roc Euro Intake | RS Grill | 35% Window Tint | 35% Tint TailLights | Shadow Lights | Quattro License Frame | 5000K Fog Lights | Vagcom Mods | 11.6 @117MPH

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by maty360414 View Post
    How often should i do Oil Change with Dual Pulley.
    I have wondered this too. And has anyone noticed if they're going through brakes more after upgrading to dual pulley?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10 S4, 14 328d, 14 MDX

Quote Originally Posted by JaB6 View Post
    I have wondered this too. And has anyone noticed if they're going through brakes more after upgrading to dual pulley?
    The latter would be more of a function of the individual driver using the brakes more. I'd wager to say that plenty of us boost freak leadfoots do, yes.

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Quote Originally Posted by fs454 View Post
    With DSG cars does putting it in S actually change the manual mode, or just the automatic shifts? If I'm going right to manual +- mode every time I drive, is there a difference between selecting S first before moving the shifter over to the right? I always thought the +- mode was its own thing unaffected by the D/S selection.

Also, does anyone else get a really odd "slam" instead of a smooth DSG fart every once in a while? Seems like if I apply throttle fast and also upshift at just the right time it almost seems to confuse the car, giving me a rough jolt and a sort of half fart as it shifts. I never try and make it happen but it sort of just surprises me sometimes and I can't figure out exactly why it goes on. This is a 2014 model with 37k miles and it seems to only have happened on the 1-2 shift.
    TCU tune will fix jerky/erratic 1-2 shift and smooth out all the others
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone here using and APR TCU tune(or another TCU tune) with EPL ECU? Curious about any short comings.
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 s4, 2008 cbr1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by blackfunk View Post
    Anyone here using and APR TCU tune(or another TCU tune) with EPL ECU? Curious about any short comings.
    Many have done it. Th censuses is they work together. Obviously not the best pairing, but it'll do.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Owl View Post
    TCU tune will fix jerky/erratic 1-2 shift and smooth out all the others
    Is this a known TSB or fix with the dealership?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app
    2014 S4 | Glacier White | Premium + | DSG

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4SD View Post
    Is this a known TSB or fix with the dealership?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app
    It's an aftermarket ECU upgrade for your DSG. All the major tuners offer them (at different price points) : APR, GIAC, UNITRONIC, EPL, 034.
    No OEM fix that I know of, other than a new Mechatronics unit (hope it's not that...)
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

Active Member Two Rings jcpowell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is it unusual to place an order for wheels, then they have to be back ordered (said in stock when the order was placed), and that back order still not have an ETA two and a half months later? Asking for a friend.....

Established Member Two Rings seandon_792's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jcpowell View Post
    Is it unusual to place an order for wheels, then they have to be back ordered (said in stock when the order was placed), and that back order still not have an ETA two and a half months later? Asking for a friend.....
    Depending on if you order from the manufacturer or the vendor can effect wait times. Vendors donít have physical access to the inventory most times so inventory might not be exact so by the time orders flow in and are processed things get back ordered. Always best to call and see if they have received an eta for shipping or what the delay is. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What is a Wholesale Car Dealer? I was looking at a used car the other day. I asked the guy to show me Title. There was a random lady's name on the Title, and he said that he's a Wholesale Car Dealer.
    Last edited by PopTart; 01-15-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings ElectroMike's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 M/T

How do you turn ON/OFF the mirror compass?

When I start the car, I see the compass/direction letter come up for a split second but it does not stay lit during the ride. I've looked into the car settings but do not see an option where it can be turned on/off, I do not have the BO system. Any ideas?

Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hold the power button for 4 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    11.425 @ 118.16
    For sale: 2007 S4 6MT Past: ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What is a Wholesale Car Dealer? I was looking at a used car the other day. I met the seller at his house. I asked him to show me the Title. There was a random Woman's name on the Title. He said that he's a Wholesale Dealer.

Senior Member Three Rings ElectroMike's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by kelseysautobody View Post
    Hold the power button for 4 seconds
    Thanks, that worked!

I guess when I tried this before I did not hold it long enough and thought it's from a different setting.

Established Member Two Rings DetRebel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Chevy Impala

Questions you thought were too stupid to ask

Last edited by DetRebel; 01-17-2018 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Delete please. I posted in the wrong thread

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by DetRebel View Post
    Is the stock IHI turbo on the B8 A4 the same as the stock one on the B8.5 or B9 A4? I need to replace mine soon.

Might have better luck in a4 forum over s4. Gonna guess yes on 8.5(might be later revision) no on b9
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | BBS ch-r | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecodes | Ecs Carbon Diffuser+Trunk lip+ Splitter | JHM CP | + more

Established Member Two Rings DetRebel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Might have better luck in a4 forum over s4. Gonna guess yes on 8.5(might be later revision) no on b9
    Sorry! I definitely thought I was in the A4 section.

Senior Member Three Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What Spacers do i need to flush this OEM 18" wheels

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/9312/al...k0601025j.html
    '13 S4 - Phantom Black | DSG | Silver Inlays | Alcantara | Sport Differential | Akebono Pads | ECS Transmission Mount | ECS F/R Diff Mount
    ECS Drilled & Slotted Rotors | EPL DP | EPL TCU | JHM 179 Pulley | MercRacing HX | Double NonRes X-Pipe | Black Badges | Black Sidemarkers | LED's
    Nitto Motivo | Roc Euro Intake | RS Grill | 35% Window Tint | 35% Tint TailLights | Shadow Lights | Quattro License Frame | 5000K Fog Lights | Vagcom Mods | 11.6 @117MPH