Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 2,601 to 2,631 of 2631
    Established Member Three Rings DBFL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by waxxonMTL View Post
    Which lug bolt should we buy if we have aftermarket wheels ?? I believe they have to be 60 degrees ball seat, 27mm ? i dont understant why theres so many differetn size lol.
    That depends on the wheel. Our factory wheels use a 14x1.5x27mm ball seat bolt. But many aftermarket wheels use conical bolts. It depends on the wheel. And if you are using spacers you'll need longer bolts to compensate.
    2016 S4 P+ | 6MT | Sports Diff. | Tech. Package

S4 Build Thread

2015 SQ5 P+ | H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein Shocks

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've had like two instances where the clutch seems to slip at high revs (5,000+). I can't seem to replicate it. Is this an early sign that the clutch is starting to wear out? Or something else. Just bought the car CPO from an Audi dealership - less than 1,000 miles on it since I've bought it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

Quote Originally Posted by GustaS4 View Post
    I've had like two instances where the clutch seems to slip at high revs (5,000+). I can't seem to replicate it. Is this an early sign that the clutch is starting to wear out? Or something else. Just bought the car CPO from an Audi dealership - less than 1,000 miles on it since I've bought it.
    That year, and how many miles on the car?

Most likely it's just the clutch delay valve. You can eliminate it with a stainless clutch line.

S4 Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    That year, and how many miles on the car?

Most likely it's just the clutch delay valve. You can eliminate it with a stainless clutch line.
    2015 Audi S4. 30,0XX miles. Thanks for the quick response - I'll do some research on the clutch delay valve, but if you want to explain it that'd be helpful too

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

2015 Audi S4. 30,0XX miles. Thanks for the quick response - I'll do some research on the clutch delay valve, but if you want to explain it that'd be helpful too
    It's unlikely to be the clutch at that mileage.

The clutch delay valve (CDV) is a valve that purposely causes slip. It's there to help make the car "feel more luxurious." Translation: it's for people that don't know how to properly drive a 6MT.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Audi-...and-A5-S5.html

Not an expensive part at all. It's actually harder to remove the factory line than it is to install the aftermarket one. There's a DIY on the forum is you want to tackle the install yourself.

S4 Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    It's unlikely to be the clutch at that mileage.

The clutch delay valve (CDV) is a valve that purposely causes slip. It's there to help make the car "feel more luxurious." Translation: it's for people that don't know how to properly drive a 6MT.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Audi-...and-A5-S5.html

Not an expensive part at all. It's actually harder to remove the factory line than it is to install the aftermarket one. There's a DIY on the forum is you want to tackle the install yourself.
    Again - thanks for the helpful information. In my bit of research, it sounds like replacing the factory line could void the warranty (if the dealers catch it). Is that your impression as well? I'm hesitant to make any modifications that will void my CPO at this point.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

Again - thanks for the helpful information. In my bit of research, it sounds like replacing the factory line could void the warranty (if the dealers catch it). Is that your impression as well? I'm hesitant to make any modifications that will void my CPO at this point.
    It would void the part of the warranty that covers the transmission. But that's only if they decide to manually void the warranty. You could find a mod friendly dealer for warranty work.
    But you're asking the wrong person. I tuned my car 24 hours after buying it brand new.

S4 Build Thread

Senior Member Three Rings mattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

is there a way to disable the RPM assist when you're stopped with clutch in and put the car in first gear ? hopefully through vagcom mods, or even better with carista.
    It brings the RPM's too high and I hate it, I look like I don't know how to drive standard when it does it. Plus it doesn't do it all the time, there are certain sequences of taking off that cancel it but haven't figured it out.

edit: 2013 S4 if that makes a difference
    S4
    This | is | where | people | usually | list | their | mods | separated | by | these | vertical | lines

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

Quote Originally Posted by mattro View Post
    is there a way to disable the RPM assist when you're stopped with clutch in and put the car in first gear ? hopefully through vagcom mods, or even better with carista.
    It brings the RPM's too high and I hate it, I look like I don't know how to drive standard when it does it. Plus it doesn't do it all the time, there are certain sequences of taking off that cancel it but haven't figured it out.

edit: 2013 S4 if that makes a difference
    If the clutch is all the way to the floor it shouldn't do anything. It kicks in when you get close to the engagement point.
    And I've not seen any info about disabling it.

S4 Build Thread

Senior Member Three Rings mattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

yeah when it's pressed all the way in it doesn't do it. Sometimes though even when releasing the clutch it doesn't do it, and other times it does. I can play with the clutch at a stop light and all of a sudden it disables.
    But I'd like to disable it for good.
    S4
    This | is | where | people | usually | list | their | mods | separated | by | these | vertical | lines

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4

yeah when it's pressed all the way in it doesn't do it. Sometimes though even when releasing the clutch it doesn't do it, and other times it does. I can play with the clutch at a stop light and all of a sudden it disables.
    I don't think it can be disabled. It's part of the rev-matching feature.

S4 Build Thread

Established Member Two Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    AZ Member #

doing my first oil change on the s4, going to use Liqui Moly, but which one do you guys prefer. I wanted to use their new molygen one, but it wont ship til nov 6.

i was going to get the Synthoil one since that was their full synthetic, but wondering about the 'Leichtlauf' hightech oil since thats what ecs uses in their oil service kit.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Also posted this in the VCDS thread, but I felt stupid for asking, so:

Yesterday I was hooked into the car via VCDS to try to do the throttle valve adaptation which failed for some reason. I then did a possibly stupid thing and turned the engine on while VCDS was still hooked up. I don't know if this is actually bad, I've just never done it before. As soon as the car started, the idle was fluctuating, the engine/exhaust was sputtering, and the dashboard lit up with all the errors - TPMS, stability control, Sport Differential Fault, etc. I turned the car off, then turned it back to the On position without starting the engine. I ran the autoscan and it returned a bunch of fault codes. I was able to clear most of them, but there is one for the ABS system that keeps coming back. Whenever I go into the ABS control module in VCDS, the stability control system error alarm comes up on the dashboard. I have not noticed any driveability issues.

After clearing all the codes I started the car up and took it for a drive, and all seemed normal (except for the laggy throttle response which was the reason for attempting to do the throttle valve adaptation in the first place). So I should say, everything felt the same as it did before I starting messing with anything. And after my test drive, I went back into VCDS and tried the throttle valve adaptation again and that time it appeared to complete successfully....didn't make a lick of difference in driving feel, but the software indicated that it completed.

So my question - is it normal for all of those fault codes to occur when turning the engine on with VCDS already plugged in and running at that time?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, E-codes, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Established Member Two Rings VtotheJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This is annoying, I agree. It jerks sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. It is convenient when reversing though... don't need to give it gas unless it is a steep incline.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

When it starts snowing...is having an RS4 Grille a bad idea? I think the honeycomb design will allow snow/slush to get thru.

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not sure what you're asking... The rs4 grille is more flimsy than the OE one but the snow shouldn't hurt it.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | AEM W/M | ...
    1/4 on E40: 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post

Not sure what you're asking... The rs4 grille is more flimsy than the OE one but the snow shouldn't hurt it.
    I mean snow/slush hitting the Radiator

Veteran Member Three Rings Audi Advocate's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It's German and wonderfully - snow in the engine bay makes no difference how it gets in there. But hey not yet - it's 80 degrees today 🏁🤔
    Current : 1. 2012 S4 3.0T DSG Technik with Milltek res., KW V2 coilovers, StopTech BBK's, Alu Kreuz, H&R Rear Sway, BBS CH-R's, Michelin PS4S, Disabled wink, De-badged, ZIZA LED's, 30% tint and fancy aluminum pedals - PAST : 2004 S4 V8 with Milltek res., GIAC Chip and H&R Sways, CURRENT: Wife driven 2007 A3 2.0T - stock

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PopTart View Post
    I mean snow/slush hitting the Radiator
    It should be fine. Only thing I'd maybe be slightly worried about is salt/chemicals on the road.

As per everything else just wash that shit off.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Thanks for the quick reply

Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How trustworthy is the MMI oil level? The car was just serviced 2500 miles ago and according to the on-board system, it is a little less than half of the oil left. No evidence of leaks. I'm new to Audi so this is new to me.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    How trustworthy is the MMI oil level? The car was just serviced 2500 miles ago and according to the on-board system, it is a little less than half of the oil left. No evidence of leaks. I'm new to Audi so this is new to me.
    I wouldn't trust it. I'd get a dipstick and check it yourself.

I am about 0.25 qts low and my MMI still shows full
    Geoff

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    It's not half empty, it's half way between max and min.

Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    It's not half empty, it's half way between max and min.
    Good call. I forgot the verbiage in the menu.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

AZ Member #

That display is equivalent to a liter fwiw.

If it is halfway down you are low 0.5 ltrs.

In theory.
    Geoff

Active Member One Ring hrstingl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Whats up guys?

So I ran the VCDS scan on my car yesterday and the transmission says its throwing a fault. Anyone know what this fault is? I can find anything about it on a google search.

1 Fault Found:
    7978 - Transmission Input Shaft 1
    P1779 00 [032] - Overspeed
    Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 0
    Reset counter: 0
    Mileage: 0 km
    Date: 2000.00.00
    Time: 00:00:00

Engine speed: 0 /min
    Transmission input speed: 0 /min
    Transmission output speed: 0 /min
    Engine torque: -100 Nm
    Transmission fluid temperature: -40 C
    Accelerator position: 0.0 %
    Clutch status: Beide Kupplungen offen
    '13 S4 B8.5 , Ice Silver Metallic, APR Stage 1 ECU & DQ250 DSG & S tronic TCU Upgrade, ECS Tuning 2-Piece drilled/slotted rotors w/ SS brake lines, RS7 Wheel Upgrade, Gloss Black RS4 Grill, Gloss Black Accents, VAGCOM Alterations.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hrstingl View Post
    Whats up guys?

So I ran the VCDS scan on my car yesterday and the transmission says its throwing a fault. Anyone know what this fault is? I can find anything about it on a google search.

1 Fault Found:
    7978 - Transmission Input Shaft 1
    P1779 00 [032] - Overspeed
    Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 0
    Reset counter: 0
    Mileage: 0 km
    Date: 2000.00.00
    Time: 00:00:00

Engine speed: 0 /min
    Transmission input speed: 0 /min
    Transmission output speed: 0 /min
    Engine torque: -100 Nm
    Transmission fluid temperature: -40 C
    Accelerator position: 0.0 %
    Clutch status: Beide Kupplungen offen
    Negative torque and -40C ... Something seems off

Senior Member Two Rings Dragoncub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone put exhaust cutouts on they AWE touring before the rear mufflers to essentially have a track exhaust on demand?
    If so, I'd love to see your setup and if you have sound clips (should sound like the track version)?
    2015 S4 P+ |Ibis White

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I currently have AWE Touring exhaust on DSG car and I like it a lot, but sometimes drone is killing me. I've seen that people said with resonated DPs it helps reduce drone or does it just becomes quiet?
    Do I need to have a tune with DPs?

Senior Member Two Rings Dragoncub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wpzr View Post
    I currently have AWE Touring exhaust on DSG car and I like it a lot, but sometimes drone is killing me. I've seen that people said with resonated DPs it helps reduce drone or does it just becomes quiet?
    Do I need to have a tune with DPs?
    I know what you mean with the drone, I have the same issue. But it only concerns me when there are other people in the car trying to have a conversation. There are people that say there is no drone, but they must be tone deaf or something. You do not need a tune for the DPs.
    2015 S4 P+ |Ibis White

AZ Member #

Are Stock spark plugs NGK or Bosch? I have a 2012 B8.