Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1080
  1. #1041
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 23 2011
    AZ Member #
    77278
    Location
    CT

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Finally had time for a little detail and get a pic. Still very happy with the wheels and the finish. The charcoal PC looks a lot lighter in the pics due to the sun.

    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

    Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

  2. #1042
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2007
    AZ Member #
    19155
    Location
    Texas

    Love it! Looks great!

  3. #1043
    Veteran Member Three Rings callaghan.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08 2009
    AZ Member #
    40921
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    Yes. Bars are practically new. The noise lessened when I moved them further. I am going to try to move them a little more forward.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

    Hey, can you post a photo of the placement as well as a photo of each foot? I work for Thule - these 100% should not whistle, I've had them on multiple cars and never had any whistling. Typically just an install error if you experience any. Can be fixed easily if so.

    -Mike
    avantlife.

  4. #1044
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jan 19 2016
    AZ Member #
    367436
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by callaghan. View Post
    Hey, can you post a photo of the placement as well as a photo of each foot? I work for Thule - these 100% should not whistle, I've had them on multiple cars and never had any whistling. Typically just an install error if you experience any. Can be fixed easily if so.

    -Mike
    Mike,

    Not to tread on someone elses concern, but I have the ARB53's on 450R's on my allroad and they absolutely whistle. You can just about hear it with the sunroof closed, with it open it's audible and imposing.

    Happy to take some pics and send you as well, however, I lined them up to be perfectly center between the two dots that were there on the rails.

    Thanks,

  5. #1045
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Items for Sale

    I've been using the Thule AeroBlade Edge bars and have zero whistling. YMMV.

  6. #1046
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    404009
    Location
    Irvine CA

    just mounted some OEM Rotors 20x09 275/30/20 P Zero
    http://www.audizine.com/gallery/show...hp?photo=88768
    Last edited by audi4allroad; 08-03-2017 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #1047
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60484
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Anyone able to recommend a good stud conversion kit for the Allroad? I am runnning Rotiform KPS wheels and they have a stock size ball seat radius so the only kit I've seen is the ECS tuning one, but I'd like to have locking lugs if possible.
    2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus 2.0T
    APR Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
    H&R Lowering Springs
    20x10 Rotiform KPS - Continental DWS 06

  8. #1048
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by audi4allroad View Post
    just mounted some OEM Rotors 20x09 275/30/20 P Zero
    http://www.audizine.com/gallery/show...hp?photo=88768
    Looks great!

  9. #1049
    Veteran Member Three Rings callaghan.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08 2009
    AZ Member #
    40921
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Longclaw View Post
    Mike,

    Not to tread on someone elses concern, but I have the ARB53's on 450R's on my allroad and they absolutely whistle. You can just about hear it with the sunroof closed, with it open it's audible and imposing.

    Happy to take some pics and send you as well, however, I lined them up to be perfectly center between the two dots that were there on the rails.

    Thanks,
    We are talking about Aeroblade Edge...this is a proven quiet setup and designed to be. Your ARB53's on 450's will always have some noise as with any rack setup where you have the bars sitting on top of the feet. One thing to note on your setup - make sure that you slide the cover back over the bottom channel, and that you used the strip to fill the rest. This is where you get whistling on that setup and 90% of the time this is not sealed up as per the instructions. I'm currently running the same ARB53's and 450 feet as I needed space for the cargo box and 2 bikes (summer setup). Yes, it is noisy as there is ALOT on my roof now - but no whistling.

    He sent me pics of his Edge bars - he is missing the locks/ lock plugs. This will cause whistling if they are not in there.

    Thanks,
    -Mike
    avantlife.

  10. #1050
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60484
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Got my wheels on today, exhaust next.
    2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus 2.0T
    APR Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
    H&R Lowering Springs
    20x10 Rotiform KPS - Continental DWS 06

  11. #1051
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Has anyone tried these as H11 foglight replacements? H11 - OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited ? http://www.hidconcept.com/h11-osram-...ted-110-bulbs/

  12. #1052
    Senior Member Two Rings ilikeaudis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2009
    AZ Member #
    38725
    Location
    Manchestrr NH
    Items for Sale

    Found a set of these OEM clip in sunshades on eBay. They are offered in Europe but of course not the US. Anyways extremely happy with them so far! They cover the entire window and still allow full functionality. Thought others might be interested and we could add it to the main post with the other mesh shades.

    I have the two piece set which does the rear doors and is part number 8K9064160A. There is also a 3 piece set which does the cargo area windows and hatch which is is part number 8K9064160. ECS currently has this 3pc set but they want like $375, double what Audi lists them for.








    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    For Sale: Oem 4.2 upper and lower grilles - $100 | 0em all red c5 taillights - $100 | 4.2 rear bumber cover- $350 | Oem 4.2 sway bars|

  13. #1053
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2007
    AZ Member #
    19155
    Location
    Texas

    Nice how to they clip on?

  14. #1054
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    Nice how to they clip on?
    Very interesting in this info as well.
    ecstuning has them backordered at $212.53
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...rs/8k9064160a/
    3 piece is available and list for $373.22
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ind/8k9064160/

    some german audi site has all 5 pieces for 229 euro = $268.81
    http://www.shop-audizentrum.net/sonn...et-8k9064160/a

  15. #1055
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    I found how they get installed: the clips use a tape/sticker to stick onto the window frame.
    @ilikeaudis, how strong is are the clips once they are stuck on? do you think they can be removed later? or are they more permanent?

  16. #1056
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL


  17. #1057
    Senior Member Two Rings ilikeaudis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2009
    AZ Member #
    38725
    Location
    Manchestrr NH
    Items for Sale

    @blew-dub that is where I got my set for the rear doors. The adhesive seems pretty strong but I imagine it wouldn't take much work to remove them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    For Sale: Oem 4.2 upper and lower grilles - $100 | 0em all red c5 taillights - $100 | 4.2 rear bumber cover- $350 | Oem 4.2 sway bars|

  18. #1058
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Items for Sale

    Those shades look identical to my Windesa shade set. I'll bet that they're made by Windesa and branded for Audi.

  19. #1059
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Those shades look identical to my Windesa shade set. I'll bet that they're made by Windesa and branded for Audi.
    more than likely!

  20. #1060
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2013
    AZ Member #
    111944
    Location
    southwest Va

    Why wouldn't you get the full set?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/171670882907


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #1061
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ROOSTER View Post
    Why wouldn't you get the full set?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/171670882907


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    link is dead

  22. #1062
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2013
    AZ Member #
    111944
    Location
    southwest Va

    Shows 10 available when I click on it was able to click buy it now too




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  23. #1063
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60484
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Quick question about E85, my car has a metal intake, but the Audi dealer said that the car should have a blue fuel cap if it is ethanol capable. I don't want to run it through the car if the engine can take it but the fuel system isn't made to handle the additional wear. Is there a way to check the VIN and see if it was a flex fuel car?

    I looked in the owner's manual and it just has generic information about running ethanol but lists no conditions for it.
    2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus 2.0T
    APR Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
    H&R Lowering Springs
    20x10 Rotiform KPS - Continental DWS 06

  24. #1064
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 23 2011
    AZ Member #
    77278
    Location
    CT

    On the inside of your fuel door, does it say you can run E85?
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

    Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

  25. #1065
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jakethesnake848 View Post
    Quick question about E85, my car has a metal intake, but the Audi dealer said that the car should have a blue fuel cap if it is ethanol capable. I don't want to run it through the car if the engine can take it but the fuel system isn't made to handle the additional wear. Is there a way to check the VIN and see if it was a flex fuel car?

    I looked in the owner's manual and it just has generic information about running ethanol but lists no conditions for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    On the inside of your fuel door, does it say you can run E85?
    My black allroad had a green fuel cap and mentioned E85 on the filler door. My blue allroad has a blue fuel cap and also lists E85 near its gas hole.

  26. #1066
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60484
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    My black allroad had a green fuel cap and mentioned E85 on the filler door. My blue allroad has a blue fuel cap and also lists E85 near its gas hole.
    There's nothing on the fuel door, it just lists 91 octane or above. That's why I am confused about it, and the dealer didn't seem to know based on the VIN.
    2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus 2.0T
    APR Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
    H&R Lowering Springs
    20x10 Rotiform KPS - Continental DWS 06

  27. #1067
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jakethesnake848 View Post
    There's nothing on the fuel door, it just lists 91 octane or above. That's why I am confused about it, and the dealer didn't seem to know based on the VIN.
    If it has a metal intake, I believe it's flex fuel capable, but don't quote me on that. I know that there are some early-build 2013 cars from mid-2012 that are not E85-capable. I believe @treginco has one.

  28. #1068
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    my 2013 has a black gas cap but on the door says i can put ethanol

  29. #1069
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 23 2013
    AZ Member #
    111944
    Location
    southwest Va

    Quote Originally Posted by blew-dub View Post
    my 2013 has a black gas cap but on the door says i can put ethanol
    What color is the the inside part? The outside of mine is black but the inside is blue.


    IT IS KNOWN

  30. #1070
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    98213
    Location
    Parker, CO

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    If it has a metal intake, I believe it's flex fuel capable, but don't quote me on that. I know that there are some early-build 2013 cars from mid-2012 that are not E85-capable. I believe @treginco has one.
    I do have a 2013 AR that was built in June 2012. I have the metal intake, but mine is NOT E85 capable. My dealership and even correspondence with Audi has confirmed that I SHOULD NOT run E85 in my car. I have never been able to get an answer as to what changed to make the engine E85 capable, but it happened toward the end of the summer 2012.

    Basically.... Audi told me "if your gas cap does not state E85 capability --- do not fuel with it.
    Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

  31. #1071
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    390177
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by treginginco View Post
    I do have a 2013 AR that was built in June 2012. I have the metal intake, but mine is NOT E85 capable. My dealership and even correspondence with Audi has confirmed that I SHOULD NOT run E85 in my car. I have never been able to get an answer as to what changed to make the engine E85 capable, but it happened toward the end of the summer 2012.

    Basically.... Audi told me "if your gas cap does not state E85 capability --- do not fuel with it.
    Does your fuel door have a sticker that has its E85 compatible?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  32. #1072
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    98213
    Location
    Parker, CO

    Nope
    Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

  33. #1073
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    377578
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI

    I checked my 2013 and there is a note on the right hand side of the fuel door that states it is E85 capable.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

  34. #1074
    Senior Member Three Rings Killerboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 19 2014
    AZ Member #
    296122
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Items for Sale

    B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

    Mine: Black cap, E85 sticker on fuel door. Manufactured November 2012.

    Edit: blue on the inside of the cap.
    Last edited by Killerboots; 08-19-2017 at 11:53 AM.

  35. #1075
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60484
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    So I emailed Audi and they said that my car is E85 capable but there is no indication of that on the fuel door at all.
    I'm guessing the only change would be upgraded fuel lines or filler hose that would be ethanol approved. I know ethanol can eat away certain rubber compounds so I'm still a little weary of running it even though Audi support said that I can.
    2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus 2.0T
    APR Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
    H&R Lowering Springs
    20x10 Rotiform KPS - Continental DWS 06

  36. #1076
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    368928
    Location
    GA/NY

    Hey everyone-- I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of the thread that has the instructions to put the "allroad" up on the mmi when you start?

    I can't remember where it was!!! Thanks!

    '16 allroad Prem+, B&O, side assist
    '91 Porsche 911

  37. #1077
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    399673
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
    Hey everyone-- I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of the thread that has the instructions to put the "allroad" up on the mmi when you start?

    I can't remember where it was!!! Thanks!
    here you go:
    1) If you have the hidden menu enabled, access it by pressing the menu and car buttons and releasing them at the same time.
    2) Scroll to car and select it.
    3) then select carcodingvehicle
    4) select No of Screen and change it to 16.
    5) Reset the MMI

  38. #1078
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2007
    AZ Member #
    19155
    Location
    Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by treginginco View Post
    I do have a 2013 AR that was built in June 2012. I have the metal intake, but mine is NOT E85 capable. My dealership and even correspondence with Audi has confirmed that I SHOULD NOT run E85 in my car. I have never been able to get an answer as to what changed to make the engine E85 capable, but it happened toward the end of the summer 2012.

    Basically.... Audi told me "if your gas cap does not state E85 capability --- do not fuel with it.
    That's really weird. A metal intake is a more significant part than a sticker.

    Your engine (fuel system) must be like the rest with a metal intake, E85 compatible and they just forgot to put the correct sticker lol

  39. #1079
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    368928
    Location
    GA/NY

    Quote Originally Posted by blew-dub View Post
    here you go:
    1) If you have the hidden menu enabled, access it by pressing the menu and car buttons and releasing them at the same time.
    2) Scroll to car and select it.
    3) then select carcodingvehicle
    4) select No of Screen and change it to 16.
    5) Reset the MMI
    Thank you! Showed up and all, but now when I start the car looks like it just skips that splash screen. Weird! Will see if it will come back or not?

    '16 allroad Prem+, B&O, side assist
    '91 Porsche 911

  40. #1080
    Established Member Two Rings lokak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21 2009
    AZ Member #
    44051
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Items for Sale

    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Roof-Rack-Bars

    For anyone looking for roof bars, selling my Thule Aeroblade Edge set.
    2013 Allroad Premium+ | Phantom Black Pearl | 20x10 ET33 Rohana RC26 | Vogtland Avant Coilovers + KW Spacers | APR Stage 1 | 3.0 TDI FMIC | Ecode Intercooler Hose Kit | GFB DV+ | Apikol Rear Diff Mount | 034 Transmission Mount | Ecode Alu Kruez | Akebono Ceramic Brake Pads | APR Stage 1 | Magnaflow Exhaust
    BUILD THREAD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.