Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,401 to 1,417 of 1417
    Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Wagon View Post
    So...what ur saying is the stock catback with an aftermarket downpipe is quieter than an aftermarket catback?
    I'd say so, yes. Probably obvious. I started with the Statis catback only, then added DP and HFC. Addition of the DP and HFC didn't noticeably increase the sound. The AWE was a very nice unit and sounded great, I just didn't want the noise. To be clear, the noise was mostly noticeable immediately after startup and under heavier load at slower speeds. The noise at freeway speeds was fine.

I couldn't feel any difference in performance between any of the cat back options either. I did with the DP and HFC. So, in the end I decided that since there wasn't a noticeable performance gain it wasn't worth putting up with the noise.

The larger exhaust tips is nice aesthetically, but again, not worth the trade off for the noise.

Of course this is all subjective and 100% a personal preference kind of thing. I went through the same process with a few different intake options. In the end the noise was just too much for my preferences
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by DetailScience View Post
    I have the resonated downpipe from AWE, so I am not expecting much additional drone, just a deeper tone. I have had a number of Magnaflow systems across many applications, they all drone, I stopped using them for my last few projects.
    That had been my understanding with Mangnaflow setups in the past, but so far I've heard mostly good things about the Magnaflow for the allroad. I've specifically asked about drone and everyone seems to be reporting no drone issues.

My plan right now is only CBE, no DP. I noticed the cat is a different pipe for this car. Is the HFC+CBE worth it or should I just be sticking with a CBE? With this vehicle I'm not going for max performance upgrades. Just some aesthetics. But if it's silly to skip the HFC then I could go with it...
    2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ w/ extras

Active Member Two Rings DetailScience's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    That had been my understanding with Mangnaflow setups in the past, but so far I've heard mostly good things about the Magnaflow for the allroad. I've specifically asked about drone and everyone seems to be reporting no drone issues.

My plan right now is only CBE, no DP. I noticed the cat is a different pipe for this car. Is the HFC+CBE worth it or should I just be sticking with a CBE? With this vehicle I'm not going for max performance upgrades. Just some aesthetics. But if it's silly to skip the HFC then I could go with it...
    There is zero performance gain from a downpipe, the stock downpipe flows pretty well already. Some mid back systems gain a few horsepower, but replacing the cat with a high flow unit would be the primary source of power gains. I am running my K04 catless to maximize gains and eliminate the possibility of cat failure (always fun).
    Bagged 2015 Scuba Blue allroad
    DetailScience Build Thread
    3zero3 Motorsports
    Instagram: @jburgmaier

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

So is the HFC what's required to go "Stage 2" on Audis? Also I'm still trying to figure out what the "test pipe" is that I've been hearing about. I need to find the right area to go digging.

I don't have any plan to go past Stage 1, eventually. I'd do it tomorrow if I didn't have almost 3 years left on my CPO.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So is the HFC what's required to go "Stage 2" on Audis? Also I'm still trying to figure out what the "test pipe" is that I've been hearing about. I need to find the right area to go digging.

I don't have any plan to go past Stage 1, eventually. I'd do it tomorrow if I didn't have almost 3 years left on my CPO.
    I thought you can do HFC for Stage 2 instead of exhaust for proper airflow?

Active Member Two Rings DetailScience's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Test pipe would be catless, and Stage 2 takes advantage of the additional exhaust flow from a high flow cat. The factory down pipe and mid back system flow fairly well, but there are some power gains from aftermarket systems.
    Bagged 2015 Scuba Blue allroad
    DetailScience Build Thread
    3zero3 Motorsports
    Instagram: @jburgmaier

Veteran Member Four Rings oatzel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No drone on my magnaflow. Been super happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

Old: '12 4dr GTI Autobahn, Black on Black
    07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

Veteran Member Four Rings A3 Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey guys, just picked up an allroad after a brief leave of absence from the Audi world. I had ST coils on my old A3 and am thinking about picking some up for the allroad since Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming up. The only concern I have is that I had some significant clunking noises from the STs on my A3 and wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience with them on the allroad.

Any other recommendations for coils would also be appreciated! Happy to be on the allroad train
    ~Brennan

Flickr

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Taking an aggressive look at air systems and wheels this week. There are some extended black friday deals coming up and I'm thinking of making a purchase and squirreling it away until the spring...

Looking at:

Airlift 3P system Front/rear bags/struts
    dual compressors (VIAIR 444c is what I'm leaning toward)
    upgraded check valves
    Dual wiring harness
    the shop i was talking to suggested dual 2.5gal tanks (they thought this would fit better in the spare tire well) but I think I've seen 4gal setups on allroads in the spare tire well - @dropshadow comes to mind - anyone have thoughts on tank sizes?
    3/8" lines
    because bags bracket

Wheels, I was thinking 20x10 but the place I spoke with said 20x10.5 should fit fine and wouldn't cost any more. I like the fit of @slow_poke25mph 20x10.5 et35 wheels on air... allows for a little tuck if I want - wondering what the tire size is on these? I don't want to go too thin. The Northeast roads suck even in the summer so I would like some tire protection for the rim. I'll have to see if the wheels I want come in et35 (I don't know if this is something I can just choose...?) Am I looking for trouble going with a 10.5, meaning I will have to use a thinner tire? If I go 10.5 are there some definite modifications I need to make to the wheel well to not mess up the tire / rim?

Anyway, if people have ideas on anything I might be missing or other things to consider while this is happening, please let me know! I'm currently combing through the Official B8 Air Ride Thread
    Last edited by Allthea; 11-15-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings earhythmic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Anyway, if people have ideas on anything I might be missing or other things to consider while this is happening, please let me know! I'm currently combing through the Official B8 Air Ride Thread
    The BB B8 bracket can be bundled with a tank that fits perfectly in the spare tire well. Also, 444 comps on that bracket will be tight. Check out my build thread (link in sig), post #83 I go into details about my air install.
    2013 Allroad - 12.18s 1/4 mile
    CTS K04| APR | IE | Magnaflow | AirLift 3H | Hotchkis | Vorsteiner
    clicky for build thread

past: B6 S4, B5 A4

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
    The BB B8 bracket can be bundled with a tank that fits perfectly in the spare tire well. Also, 444 comps on that bracket will be tight. Check out my build thread (link in sig), post #83 I go into details about my air install.
    Perfect, info like this is just what I needed. I'll probably stray from the 444 comps due to that.

Airlift is doing a 25% off controllers 15% off air setups (minus struts) so I figure now is good a time as any to jump on it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by G_Wagon View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do make a allroad specify kit...the kit I bought is specifically for the b8 A4 Avant...

I haven't installed it yet, so can't tell u how it works...
    Interesting as I came across this - allroad with KW Height Adjustable Springs - https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...1#!prettyPhoto

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    Interesting as I came across this - allroad with KW Height Adjustable Springs - https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...1#!prettyPhoto
    The springs for the Avant and allroad are interchangeable...that what I was inferring...

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone has to replace their clutch? If so what were ur symptoms and what mileage?

AZ Member #

What skid plate is for the allroad from ECS?

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    What skid plate is for the allroad from ECS?
    The one marked "from the 2013 model year" here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...3251ecs01akt2/

AZ Member #

Thanks dropshadow!