Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 1763
    Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Wagon View Post
    So who has installed an Alu Kruez on their allroad?
    I fitted my 2013 Allroad with a B8.5 Alu Kruez and install was a piece of cake.
    Installed without a hitch and I didn't have any additional guarding / shrouds to deal with on my vehicle.

The thread that's referenced by chip_ has photos of my installation later in the thread.
    As others have said about steering response and feel, I will echo the same.
    For a vehicle that weighs over 2-tons, it gives the car more nimble feel and turn-in response is excellent (and I'm running stock suspension)

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    ok thx and what are some of you stock and tuned guys running for plugs and coil packs?
    See plug thread I started for my APR 91oct application:
    * http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...K-BKR8EIX-2668

As for coils; still using the OEM factory units. No change yet.

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by treginginco View Post
    I have the AK on my 2013 allroad. The difference between the AR and the A4 is there is a small metal guard plate that covers/protects part of the steering system. When I had mine installed, my installer was able to simply compress the squeeze tabs a little and everything worked out beautifully. I've got about 70k miles on the AK...... great mod for the car.

The AK.... for me..... made my car feel like it was cut out of a solid block of steel. Steering response and carving up the twisties are much more engaging with less flex in the front end. Two thumbs up from me.
    Interesting as mine was told to leave it off.

Like mentioned on the site - Less “play” or sloppiness- better composure on uneven pavement with less shimmying. I had a lot of play before. A lot tighter feel now.

AZ Member #

ok thx and what are some of you stock and tuned guys running for plugs and coil packs?
    Most seem to run BKR8EIX (iridium) w/ red coil packs.

My local shop installed the PFR7S8EG w/ red coil packs. The car was due for new ones so I just went with the upgrade.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    See plug thread I started for my APR 91oct application:
    * http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...K-BKR8EIX-2668

As for coils; still using the OEM factory units. No change yet.

- Erik
    Yes it is a stock car so I ordered the NGK PFR7S8EG and ordered some 06E905115F coils. I will probably just tighten up the gap some.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    Most seem to run BKR8EIX (iridium) w/ red coil packs.

My local shop installed the PFR7S8EG w/ red coil packs. The car was due for new ones so I just went with the upgrade.
    I'm pretty sure most people are running bkr7eix iridium plugs on the b8.5 allroads...
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ngk-part...r/bkr7eix4cly/
    These r what ecs recommends for our cars...

AZ Member #

I'm pretty sure most people are running bkr7eix iridium plugs on the b8.5 allroads...
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ngk-part...r/bkr7eix4cly/
    These r what ecs recommends for our cars...
    Your right - that is the one i have tagged in my stuff.

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Just went APR Stage 1 picked up the NGK-BKR8EIX-2668 plugs along with the R8 red top coils rev F per some of the recommendations here and by APR.
    See link below provided by @bluefox280

EDIT: looks like Erik already posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    Other than the power is excellent (for Stage 1 users) and results are very proven?

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Allroad on APR's 91oct / E85 software.
    If it hasn't been suggested, do make sure you check / change your spark plugs for the increased fueling and boost.
    Here's a thread I've started regarding plugs:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...K-BKR8EIX-2668
    - Erik
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, 305 Forged FT108 19x9.5 ET42 w/ PS4S, Bilstein PSS10, Dinan Exhaust
    IG: gusman_s4

Senior Member Two Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If one is running the neuspeed power pack, is it advisable to upgrade spark plugs and coils? Asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 18" stock wheels w/ 15mm and 20mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plsati-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods|
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

Howdy yall! So I dropped my ecodes in today...
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to adjust the headlights? I know how to adjust them physically, but where do I set them and what method to use?
    Like am I supposed to pull up to a wall or something? I'm a dummy
    Last edited by G_Wagon; 12-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings earhythmic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Does anyone have suggestions on how to adjust the headlights? I know how to adjust them physically, but where do I set them and what method to use?
    I did mine parked on the street. Adjusted them so the beam cuts off in between the license plate and below the rear window of a car parked ahead of me a few houses down. I haven’t gotten flashed at yet in the past 1.5 years.
    2013 Allroad - 12.18s 1/4 mile
    CTS K04| APR | IE | Magnaflow | AirLift 3H | Hotchkis | Vorsteiner
    clicky for build thread

past: B6 S4, B5 A4

Veteran Member Four Rings oatzel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

it's something like you should set the cut-off 2 inches below the middle of your headlight from 20 feet or something like that. I'e., measure how high your headlight is, mark a spot 2 inches below that on a wall (I used tape), back the car up, cover one beam, adjust, cover the other, adjust. You should also reset in Vagcom so the car knows where the lights are supposed to sit if you have a load in it, etc.

Some decent tutorials on youtube, although earhymic's summary is pretty accurate as to where you should end up.
    Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

Old: '12 4dr GTI Autobahn, Black on Black
    07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

AZ Member #

Thanks guys...lots of conflicting info on YouTube etc...
    If someone has an easy fool proof method please chime in...

AZ Member #

I found a great video with a clear, easy, simple method for adjusting headlights...
    It's by Osram
    https://youtu.be/OhM88K4ZahQ

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hello everyone!

I just picked up a new to me 2014 Audi allroad, Premium Plus in Dakota Grey with the sport package and B&O. It's in fantastic condition and thus far I'm absolutely in love with it. I come from a B6 A4 Avant and couldn't be happier.

I have to admit I didn't read through this entire thread but will do that shortly so please bare with me. I have a quick question for now:

Has anyone here enabled a digital speed read out? It seems this might be possible via Vag-com (which I have) but would like to know if someone has done it and which instructions they used from the vag-com thread.

Thanks so much and I'm so glad to have found this mega thread, I was concerned there wasn't much movement on allroads in the forum. I wonder if we could request a section for the b8.5 allroad and perhaps even b9. Seems there are enough active users and owners to have it be worth while.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rez4 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just picked up a new to me 2014 Audi allroad, Premium Plus in Dakota Grey with the sport package and B&O. It's in fantastic condition and thus far I'm absolutely in love with it. I come from a B6 A4 Avant and couldn't be happier.

I have to admit I didn't read through this entire thread but will do that shortly so please bare with me. I have a quick question for now:

Has anyone here enabled a digital speed read out? It seems this might be possible via Vag-com (which I have) but would like to know if someone has done it and which instructions they used from the vag-com thread.

Thanks so much and I'm so glad to have found this mega thread, I was concerned there wasn't much movement on allroads in the forum. I wonder if we could request a section for the b8.5 allroad and perhaps even b9. Seems there are enough active users and owners to have it be worth while.
    The digital speed read out should already be there...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

^^ x2. Just hit the bottom button on the right steering column stalk and it should cycle through different views.
    clicky for build thread

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ok weird question for the group....

Can anyone confirm that the A5 front speaker grills are the same as the A4/S4? They are the same part number other than starting with 8T versus 8K.

Nevermind.... Looks like the A5's top is more rounded where as our grille has more of a point. Bummer!

Thanks
    Last edited by weverb; 12-15-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The digital speed read out should already be there...
    Quote Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
    ^^ x2. Just hit the bottom button on the right steering column stalk and it should cycle through different views.
    Hey guys,

That's what I had guessed originally and tried cycling through all the display options or "modes", unfortunately I was not rewarded with anything other that MPG stats such as average, current, miles to empty... I never saw a digital speedo readout. But I'll try it again and report back.

Thanks for the speedy responses guys.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Hey guys,

That's what I had guessed originally and tried cycling through all the display options or "modes", unfortunately I was not rewarded with anything other that MPG stats such as average, current, miles to empty... I never saw a digital speedo readout. But I'll try it again and report back.

Thanks for the speedy responses guys.
    That’s when you hit the rocker on the side of the stalk, the larger bottom button cycles through different views.

clicky for build thread

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That’s when you hit the rocker on the side of the stalk, the larger bottom button cycles through different views.

Got it! I did not even realize there was a new button on the bottom of the stalk. I feel silly for asking before checking the manual, that would have clarified it for me. Either way, I appreciate the help and support.

I look forward to hopefully become a regular contributor here as well.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Got it! I did not even realize there was a new button on the bottom of the stalk. I feel silly for asking before checking the manual, that would have clarified it for me. Either way, I appreciate the help and support.

I look forward to hopefully become a regular contributor here as well.
    Awesome! Glad you got it. As a bonus that same bottom button will silence the chime of having the door ajar with the ignition on.
    clicky for build thread

AZ Member #

Can anyone tell me if the B8 Avant flush roof rails are a direct fit for our b8.5 allroads?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Awesome! Glad you got it. As a bonus that same bottom button will silence the chime of having the door ajar with the ignition on.
    OMG thank you
    2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ w/ extras

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Well you sir, just made my day (although it's night time). That was actually the next annoyance I was going to chase down, I'll try silencing it from now on, if that's still annoying I'll have to disable it all together with vag-com. I have a feeling this will be perfectly adequate though.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the B8 Avant flush roof rails are a direct fit for our b8.5 allroads?
    All I can tell you is that b8 had flush rails whereas the B8.5 allroad went back to raised rails like they had back in the day. So if I were to guess, I would say no, but I'm not entirely sure.

AZ Member #

They are a direct swap, but the feet on the OEM roof rack crossbars are different. I would imagine if you have aftermarket bars you would need different feet as well.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    They are a direct swap, but the feet on the OEM roof rack crossbars are different. I would imagine if you have aftermarket bars you would need different feet as well.
    To confirm JettaGetUpandGo, look on page 1 at the bottom of post #6 of this thread.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by weverb View Post
    To confirm JettaGetUpandGo, look on page 1 at the bottom of post #6 of this thread.
    Thx! So it's a yes!

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Hello everyone!

Welcome @Rez4. Let's see some pics of that car, I don't believe we have Dakota grey represented here yet. There was talk of a B8.5 allroad subforum but it didn't go anywhere. This thread has become the unofficial home for the B8.5 allroad here on AZ. There is a thread for B9 allroad pics which is the most active so far, but I don't think there are enough B9 allroads in the hands of enthusiasts yet.

As noted above, yes, they're a direct swap but it's not for the faint of heart. It requires dropping the headliner to get to the bolts, unless you have hands small enough to reach between headliner and roof.

Quote Originally Posted by weverb View Post
    Most answers can already be found in this thread, but most people won't read the whole thing though.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Welcome @Rez4. Let's see some pics of that car, I don't believe we have Dakota grey represented here yet. There was talk of a B8.5 allroad subforum but it didn't go anywhere. This thread has become the unofficial home for the B8.5 allroad here on AZ. There is a thread for B9 allroad pics which is the most active so far, but I don't think there are enough B9 allroads in the hands of enthusiasts yet.

As noted above, yes, they're a direct swap but it's not for the faint of heart. It requires dropping the headliner to get to the bolts, unless you have hands small enough to reach between headliner and roof.

Most answers can already be found in this thread, but most people won't read the whole thing though.
    @Dropshadow: Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll start a thread soon and post up pictures. How does one request that the allroad subforum be considered/added? I think having threads for each topic with searchable subject lines will be the right format for long term usability. Either way, I'm happy you guys put together this megathread. Thanks so much!

I totally miss-understood the question about roof rails, I thought they wanted to move crossbars from a b8 to b8.5. I didn't realize they wanted to swap out the actual rails. Personally, I prefer the raised rails but I suppose looks are a matter of personal taste.

Damn that scuba blue looks gorgeous! Personally my allroad will remain an allroad from a practicality and dual purpose perspective, but I can see how the lack of any other new avant is driving people to urbanize the allroad back to an A4 avant.

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

@Dropshadow: Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll start a thread soon and post up pictures. How does one request that the allroad subforum be considered/added? I think having threads for each topic with searchable subject lines will be the right format for long term usability. Either way, I'm happy you guys put together this megathread. Thanks so much!
    There was a thread by @anthony with a poll, but the topic died there. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...lroad-subforum

AZ Member #

I'm painting my rear reflectors today...

Simple and inexpensive...I just popped the reflectors out, scuffed them up a little with a grey pad, and paint!
    I ordered matching paint from scratchwizard.net. It comes with a base and clear coat. $50 with the shipping included. I'm going to spray 2 base coats and a clear, maybe 2? Any suggestions?
    I'll definitely let yall know how it turns out. Right now the paint looks like a pretty good match, we'll see...

AZ Member #

Did you have to take the bumper off? I thought that each reflector had one screw going into the bumper?

AZ Member #

Did you have to take the bumper off? I thought that each reflector had one screw going into the bumper?
    You don't have to take the bumper off, but it REALLY helps if it's on a lift.
    Last edited by G_Wagon; 12-16-2017 at 03:05 PM.

AZ Member #

What year is yours? Another member said it was held in by a screw.

AZ Member #

What year is yours? Another member said it was held in by a screw.
    2013 allroad premium plus

Senior Member Three Rings Killerboots's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Two torx screws. Here is the back of my old set. If you’re prying these off your bumper, you’re doin’ it wrong.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Killerboots View Post

Two torx screws. Here is the back of my old set. If you’re prying these off your bumper, you’re doin’ it wrong.
    Ur right, two screws...

I had the guys at the shop pop mine off a few weeks ago and they didn't give me the screws with the reflectors so I just assumed they pop off...
    My mistake, they r screwed on, but you definitely don't have to take the bumper off to get to them...
    Sorry again for the mis info...

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Informal poll on a number of mod items I would like to pull the trigger on. 2015 P+ Allroad

Suspension-would like a moderate drop with a ride a little firmer than stock. It would seem there are few “Allroad specific” options but I believe most are using ‘09-‘12 Avant model numbers correct? I’m between H&R or Bilstein COs. For those running them do either need an additional spacer in the rear to avoid “reverse rake”? Any preferences on either or others? Where to buy?

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...ium+Plus<br />

High flow cat-034, CTS, Eurocode, any benefits between them? Are there others I’m missing? I would like to run this on stock programming for a bit (before ultimately going stg 2) but would also like to avoid a CEL, suggestions for a spacer or mini cat that actually work?

Catch can-do the 8.5s need this? It seems most that have gone to do intake cleaning have found it to be pretty clean. I’m guessing this is due to a combination of PCV revisions and the cleaning effect of the 5th injector?

LED reverse and yellow fogs that don’t throw a code without using VAGCOM.

I appreciate any input or advice as well as those that have already contributed.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post

Suspension-would like a moderate drop with a ride a little firmer than stock. It would seem there are few “Allroad specific” options but I believe most are using ‘09-‘12 Avant model numbers correct? I’m between H&R or Bilstein COs. For those running them do either need an additional spacer in the rear to avoid “reverse rake”? Any preferences on either or others? Where to buy?

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...ium+Plus<br />
    I have seen this trend and am not sure why folks are buying all roads which have been purposefully lifted and dropping it down to the ride height of an A4 Avant. If I didn't need off-road capabilities I would likely start with a clean B8 A4 avant...

In terms of handling improvements on a car like the allroad, I would suggest you consider bracing to reduce chassis flex as well as experiment with stiffer sway bars. That'll help you take turns but without the added discomfort that lowering a vehicle typically brings along. If you're doing it just for looks, then lowering the vehicle is likely the way to go.

Having said this, I hope you find joy and happiness regardless of what you chose to do with your car :)