Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Haha, yeah... flat bottom steering wheel, carbon atlas trim, piano black MMI surround, RS4 door handles, leather door armrests, red-ringed start button, and the knockoff pedals/dead pedal from China. Soon S4 gauge faces and needles with an S-Line badge to cover the S4 logo, then I think the interior is done.
    Might as well throw in an S-tronic shifter too. Complete the transformation. Looks great!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ROOSTER View Post
    You can finally add me to the wagon group searched forever and lost out on one. Picked up a 2013 S-Line.

Pretty. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Might as well throw in an S-tronic shifter too. Complete the transformation. Looks great!
    Thanks! Heating and twisting the shift lever freaks me out a bit. I intentionally searched for a flat bottom wheel with black stitching and smooth leather then swapped the S-Line badge in so I could keep the original smooth leather shift lever and black stitched boot. Not sure why, but I've never been a fan of perforated leather.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You can finally add me to the wagon group searched forever and lost out on one. Picked up a 2013 S-Line.

Beautiful florett silver AR!! We are matching allroads here minus model year differences-:)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Yep I guess I've always called those the s line seats coming from the sedan section.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Yep I guess I've always called those the s line seats coming from the sedan section.
    It's a technicality, but the B8 S-line seats have perforated Alcantara centers, while the allroad sport seats are full Nappa. Otherwise yeah, same seat.

Plans for the new car?

Senior Member Four Rings AllroadCorbin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Thanks! Heating and twisting the shift lever freaks me out a bit. I intentionally searched for a flat bottom wheel with black stitching and smooth leather then swapped the S-Line badge in so I could keep the original smooth leather shift lever and black stitched boot. Not sure why, but I've never been a fan of perforated leather.
    This. Maybe I'm odd but I don't like perforated leather either. Reminds me of a Nissan steering wheel

B8.5 Allroad | APR | CTS K04
    B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ALLROADINGB9 View Post
    Beautiful florett silver AR!! We are matching allroads here minus model year differences-:)

Fender matched silver ARs are damn good looking

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #

It's a technicality, but the B8 S-line seats have perforated Alcantara centers, while the allroad sport seats are full Nappa. Otherwise yeah, same seat.

Plans for the new car?
    Definitely going bags this go around it was gut wrenching every time my splitter caught a driveway or speed bump for that matter. Already picked up a set of 19 inch rotors waiting for the end of the month when the bf Goodrich rebate starts. Have a dual awe touring exhaust waiting to go on if it ever warms up. Have a full 356x22 rear brake set up and almost complete with a custom 18z front brake set up I've been working on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

So this would be a 2013 allroad with sport package? Trim is fish scale.

Established Member Two Rings ATL_wagon_guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Allroad, 2009 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T

I say yes - extra bolstering on the seats and pull-out thigh support.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

So this would be a 2013 allroad with sport package? Trim is fish scale.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_wagon_guy View Post
    I say yes - extra bolstering on the seats and pull-out thigh support.
    Yep, those are sport seats. Sport interior also has the 3-spoke wheel with paddle shifters.

Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thought I'd post this here for those interested in adding the underseat storage bins.

Added under seat storage to the drivers side. Would have added the passenger side except I managed to lose one of the speednuts while installing the drivers side bin. The speednut shot through the hole and got lodged behind the outer metal under the seat out of sight while attempting to push it in to place. Doh!!!

Ordered a few replacements and will install passenger side eventually.

Purchased bins from ECS (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ack/8k0898001/)

Followed the instructions on Audi Enthusiasts website (http://www.audienthusiasts.com/ProjectUnderseatbin.html)

Straightforward install and great write up on the instructions.
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post
    Thought I'd post this here for those interested in adding the underseat storage bins.

Added under seat storage to the drivers side. Would have added the passenger side except I managed to lose one of the speednuts while installing the drivers side bin. The speednut shot through the hole and got lodged behind the outer metal under the seat out of sight while attempting to push it in to place. Doh!!!

Ordered a few replacements and will install passenger side eventually.

Purchased bins from ECS (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ack/8k0898001/)

Followed the instructions on Audi Enthusiasts website (http://www.audienthusiasts.com/ProjectUnderseatbin.html)

Straightforward install and great write up on the instructions.
    I'd love to see some pics, maybe with some items inside for scale.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

My Allroad hits the dyno in an hour. Let's see what happens!

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I can take some pics later tonight.

I also used this thread from another forum for information. Scroll down and you'll see photos that give some idea of perspective.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-perfor...#/topics/29120

The bins aren't huge. They are big enough for small items like sunglasses, keys, etc. One of the pics in that thread shows a small apple in an uninstalled bin...

The worst part of the install is putting the screws in. It isn't very easy to see the holes they go into. I managed to line them up by half crawling into the footwell and putting my head on the floor. There was a slight reflection on the plastic that gave me enough of a reference to line up the screws. Took a few tries to get then lined up properly.
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I have an OEM VW umbrella that just barely fits in one compartment, then I keep a microfiber cloth to wipe down the dash and my VCDS cable in the other compartment. The B8 Passats had a compartment in the door panel for a fairly compact umbrella. I think that is the one I have, but it's been discontinued for a while.

One thing to note is with the Weathertech floor liners the seats can not be lowered all the way because the bin will hit the tall lip on the floor liner.

I installed mine late at night and in below freezing weather so these pictures aren't the best, but here you go:

Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AllroadCorbin View Post
    My Allroad hits the dyno in an hour. Let's see what happens!

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Great numbers, you running a K04?
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    Great numbers, you running a K04?
    Yessir. CTS K04 and Apr software. Wasn't expecting 418 lb/ft at the wheels though

Dyno guy/ tuner said his dyno correction factor is about 18% so crank this means 380hp/493 lb/ft which I almost don't believe.

But the stage 2 last gen wrx that he just tuned himself put 280whp/308wtq right before me

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Established Member Two Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Yessir. CTS K04 and Apr software. Wasn't expecting 418 lb/ft at the wheels though

Dyno guy/ tuner said his dyno correction factor is about 18% so crank this means 380hp/493 lb/ft which I almost don't believe.

But the stage 2 last gen wrx that he just tuned himself put 280whp/308wtq right before me

E85 or pump gas? I'm guessing E85 Tune with that torque curve. Nice numbers, now go upset some guy in a Camaro or Mustang.

I'm running a GIAC E85 race map with Down pipe, APR FMIC, Turbo inlet, AFE drop in, so I'd like to schedule mine on the rollers soon for a comparison. It would be interesting too see the differences with my setup on a K03 vs yours. Bigger FMIC are key for running more timing, especially on corn. There's a reason the STI intercooler is twice the size of the WRX even though it only runs like 3lbs more boost

a slave of corruption no longer
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    E85 or pump gas? I'm guessing E85 Tune with that torque curve. Nice numbers, now go upset some guy in a Camaro or Mustang.

I'm running a GIAC E85 race map with Down pipe, APR FMIC, Turbo inlet, AFE drop in, so I'd like to schedule mine on the rollers soon for a comparison. It would be interesting too see the differences with my setup on a K03 vs yours. Bigger FMIC are key for running more timing, especially on corn. There's a reason the STI intercooler is twice the size of the WRX even though it only runs like 3lbs more boost

I ran APRs 93 file which has E85 map blending. My tank was over half E85. Not sure why GIAC made "race" mode separate for e85 because the car as an ethanol sensor. I have a big TR11 Fmic but an Fmic doesn't add any power... At all. It only prevents you from losing power when you hot lap.

I'm CTS k04, spulen test pipe, awe downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, ECS open intake. The car is also maintained like royalty. Trans has been drained once already, diff fluids changed, 2 carbon cleans done, motul 8100 every 5k miles, ngk range 8s every 10k. 115,000 miles later I haven't had any issues

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

I ran APRs 93 file which has E85 map blending. My tank was over half E85. Not sure why GIAC made "race" mode separate for e85 because the car as an ethanol sensor. I have a big TR11 Fmic but an Fmic doesn't add any power... At all. It only prevents you from losing power when you hot lap.

I'm CTS k04, spulen test pipe, awe downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, ECS open intake. The car is also maintained like royalty. Trans has been drained once already, diff fluids changed, 2 carbon cleans done, motul 8100 every 5k miles, ngk range 8s every 10k. 115,000 miles later I haven't had any issues

I realize this thread isnt the place for this conversation but......
    I ran 2 degrees more timing on the base map when I tuned my WRX just by adding a big top mount.
    Two different tuning philosophies. GIAC doesn't mess with factory knock sensors or disable the secondary 02 sensor which APR does. Our cars use that secondary 02 sensor for fuel trims. Also, it's smart to have a low boost and fuel target map for lower octane fuel like my CA crap 91. The base timing maps are changed to accommodate lower octane as well as the boost targets. The knock sensors do the real work in dictating timing regardless of what the ethanol content is. That's why APR has been blowing up Golf R's and S3's lately.
    We can chat more about this on a different thread.

Cheers

Last edited by AUDacIouS4; 03-22-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

Veteran Member Four Rings Turbavanttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pretty impressive graph. I wonder what may be going on at around 3500 RPM where you see the sudden uptick in hp and torque...
    2004 B6 Avant l Moro Blue Pearl l Sportec l EFR TS-7064 l United Motorsport Tuned l 460 awhp, 93 octane
    2014 P+ Allroad l Glacier White l Airlift 3H l BBS l Eurocode l OEM+ Goodness l United Motorsport Tuned l
    So many Audis, so little time....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Turbavanttro View Post
    Pretty impressive graph. I wonder what may be going on at around 3500 RPM where you see the sudden uptick in hp and torque...
    APR told me they purposely limit boost under 3500 rpm on the kale for file to avoid compressor surge

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Four Rings earhythmic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Yup, time for K04 shopping.
    2013 Allroad
    APR E85 Stage 2 | 034 | Magnaflow | AirLift 3H | Hotchkis | Vorsteiner
    clicky for build thread

past: B6 S4, B5 A4

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Have you done any 1/4 mile runs?
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    Have you done any 1/4 mile runs?
    No not yet. And I was doing the math the way the tuner told me just wheel * 1.18 = crank. Wasn't sure if there's a reason he said do it that way because the algebraically correct way you get the following. 322/.82 = 392 and 418/.82= 509 ft/lbs. seems a bit high.

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
    Yup, time for K04 shopping.
    Get the CTS version. Real k04 and not the hybrid

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Senior Member Three Rings Killerboots's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Get the CTS version. Real k04 and not the hybrid
    Is the APR K04 not a real K04? Would love to know more about the differences between the two (APR and CTS).

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Killerboots View Post
    Is the APR K04 not a real K04? Would love to know more about the differences between the two (APR and CTS).
    It's a bored out IHI (k03) with a k04 impeller if I recall. I believe the hot side is smaller. My CTS looks noticeably different sitting side by side with the APR unit. Either work great though. Can't go wrong. I just know that the current b8 1/4 mile record holder is Smelie and he has CTS, and the apr k04 I've done many pulls against, I wreck. But that's Lambda13 and he's working a few issues out on his car so I'm not sure it's been in perfect form on any of the pulls we've done.

I went side by side with a new S63 AMG 4matic last weekend in repeated 70 mph pulls and was a dead heat. I think I even began to inch ahead in 1 or 2. I was running e85. Those cars do a 12.2 1/4 @120. Big thumbs up from the guy. Looking forward to hitting the strip. I've never done a 1/4 before so I'm expecting my reaction time and first few to suck

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Four Rings earhythmic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Dolphin S4

Looking forward to hitting the strip. I've never done a 1/4 before so I'm expecting my reaction time and first few to suck
    Brake boost up to about 2k rpm and go on the 3rd yellow. If just just testing 1/4 mile time reaction time isn't critical, a good launch and good 60' is. My best 60' is 1.7 seconds (tuned S4 territory!) but being on a stock turbo my top end peters out. Also, use the staging to your advantage - after you see the first staging light turn on slowly creep up until you barely trigger the second staging light. There's ~7" in between those sensors and this allows you to have more roll out before the time starts ticking.
    2013 Allroad
    APR E85 Stage 2 | 034 | Magnaflow | AirLift 3H | Hotchkis | Vorsteiner
    clicky for build thread

past: B6 S4, B5 A4

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
    Brake boost up to about 2k rpm and go on the 3rd yellow. If just just testing 1/4 mile time reaction time isn't critical, a good launch and good 60' is. My best 60' is 1.7 seconds (tuned S4 territory!) but being on a stock turbo my top end peters out. Also, use the staging to your advantage - after you see the first staging light turn on slowly creep up until you barely trigger the second staging light. There's ~7" in between those sensors and this allows you to have more roll out before the time starts ticking.
    This is going to take a bit of practice I think haha

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Senior Member Three Rings Killerboots's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

It's a bored out IHI (k03) with a k04 impeller if I recall. I believe the hot side is smaller. My CTS looks noticeably different sitting side by side with the APR unit. Either work great though. Can't go wrong. I just know that the current b8 1/4 mile record holder is Smelie and he has CTS, and the apr k04 I've done many pulls against, I wreck. But that's Lambda13 and he's working a few issues out on his car so I'm not sure it's been in perfect form on any of the pulls we've done.

I went side by side with a new S63 AMG 4matic last weekend in repeated 70 mph pulls and was a dead heat. I think I even began to inch ahead in 1 or 2. I was running e85. Those cars do a 12.2 1/4 @120. Big thumbs up from the guy. Looking forward to hitting the strip. I've never done a 1/4 before so I'm expecting my reaction time and first few to suck
    Thank you for that response Corbin. Appreciate it!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

I'm not trying to take the jam out of your donut....

Don't forget that dynojet are one if the higher reading dynos. Mustang dynos can read 20% lower. You should overlay/correlate your dyno run vs an APR graph and get a median value.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...t-comparo.html

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    I'm not trying to take the jam out of your donut....

Don't forget that dynojet are one if the higher reading dynos. Mustang dynos can read 20% lower. You should overlay/correlate your dyno run vs an APR graph and get a median value.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...t-comparo.html

APR uses dyno jet. I also used dyno jet on purpose because the 1/4 mile b8 k04 record holder used one too. So that's my baseline. He put down 329whp/348 Wtq. 100 octane file using w/m. I did 322whp/ 418wtq on 93 file with part e85.

But yea a mustang will read lower. Plenty of jam to go around

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #

Jelly donuts are disgusting

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)
    Items for Sale

Jelly donuts are disgusting
    Chocolate frosted is the play. Jelly donuts are for people that drink decaf coffee... Can't trust them

B5 S4 | Daz | F21
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #

Chocolate frosted is the play. Jelly donuts are for people that drink decaf coffee... Can't trust them

Chocolate frosted Krispy Kreme have to have nicotine or crack in them to make them so addicting.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Dude, you should do the conversion.
    Picture this: your cruising in the city, you know, cause you love hearing that turbo spool and there was this killer blonde on the sidewalk that was looking you up and down (the wagon, not you) . The next thing you know a motorcycle cop is right on you with the lights blinking. You pull over and you know the rest........or do you?

Alas, before the officer steps down from his bike you hit the hatch open switch to reveal heavenly bliss. While distracted by what could very well be the most beautiful girl and the world's greatest selection of fresh chocolaty love, you casually creep away into the sunset leaving behind a euphoric policeman with a fistfulls of choco-glaze-powderama!!

Oh yeah, and regular coffee with a splash of half and half.

Excuse the awesome rendering, I don't have photoshop on my phone and yes, I'm an idiot