Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by skis4hire View Post
    If you have the hatch open and you lock the car, it will 'prepare' to be locked (mirrors fold, I think the cabin lights off, etc) and then once the hatch is closed, it will 'finish' locking and beep.
    Thats what I do when I'm unloading. Lock, unload, then press the hatch close button and walk away.
    Yeah I do that now. Was just trying to figure what the setting in the MMI meant by "lock from hatch" or something like that.
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

Established Member Two Rings plim's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Drive Select? I've only ever seen it on Prestige models.
    Not drive select. Adaptive cruise control.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 Audi Allroad Prestige with Driver Assist and Sport Package (Build thread)

2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0(For sale)
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by plim View Post
    Not drive select. Adaptive cruise control.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Same answer. I've only seen Adaptive Cruise on Prestige trim cars. Prestige allroads also get adaptive headlights.

Veteran Member Three Rings Layd Dly's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stock parts

Quote Originally Posted by plim View Post
    Does anyone know if the 13-16 allroad premium plus's had the driver assistance option available? Or was that and adaptive cruise only available for the prestige?
    Same answer. I've only seen Adaptive Cruise on Prestige trim cars. Prestige allroads also get adaptive headlights.
    Correct. I have Drive Select on my Premium Plus. Adaptive CC was not an option.

Corey

2016 allroad quattro

Tornado Grey.Sport.aFe.APR.BBS.Canyon Run.ECS.ST

Build Thread - Flickr - Instagram

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Layd Dly View Post
    Your 2016 is better equipped than most, which is what Audi tends to do in the last year of a model before a new design.

Veteran Member Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Allroad, 2015 Q7

ACC was an option on prestige models and it was bundled with drive select. I think they dropped it in 16 and just had drive select.
    2013 Allroad
    Q5 front brakes|GIAC Stage 1 v2|20" RS5 V-Spokes|H&R AR Springs|LED interior|SQ5 Steering wheel|tint: front 35% rear:7%|034 Downpipe|Stasis exhaust|Alu Kreuz|ECS Skidplate

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BenToskey View Post
    Hey Fellas- I've been lurking for months, as I purchased and modified my 2015 allroad. I bought it preowned with 17k. I thought it was perfect because it has every option. But then the bug bit and I ended up doing the following:

APR Stage 1 (Running E85)
    ECS Intake
    OEM Avant Sport Suspension
    OEM S7 Black Optic Wheel and Tire Takeoffs (265/35/20)
    OEM S4 Carbon Fiber Interior Trim

Can anyone send me a link for where I can find the OEM Avant Sport Suspension? I've been googling around and unless someone is selling theirs, I can't find it. Do you have to order from Audi directly? HELP

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm having trouble locating S5 brushed aluminum look mirror caps online WITH the lane assist cut out. I know a lot of you have the rep mirror caps, but do any of you have lane assist? Or am I SOL until an OEM pair pops up on the classifieds?

Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    I'm having trouble locating S5 brushed aluminum look mirror caps online WITH the lane assist cut out. I know a lot of you have the rep mirror caps, but do any of you have lane assist? Or am I SOL until an OEM pair pops up on the classifieds?
    +1
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Adaptive Cruise was an option for my '13 Prestige. I didn't get it though.

I did get the side assist option. As a side note, the side assist works great in general. However, I have noticed a few glitches. When driving for and extended time (~2 hours or more) when it is raining really hard (lots of backsplash) or snowing hard they side assist system will stop working with an error in the DIS stating the sensors are blocked. Only way to "reset" the system is to stop and turn the car off. I've had the system checked out by dealer and had a software update (couple years ago). that hasn't completed resolved the issue though. I've just learned to live with it as it happens fairly infrequently.
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki View Post
    Can anyone send me a link for where I can find the OEM Avant Sport Suspension? I've been googling around and unless someone is selling theirs, I can't find it. Do you have to order from Audi directly? HELP
    I think this is what you are looking for..

https://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4...aign=postreply

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TraxAllroad View Post
    I think this is what you are looking for..

https://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4...aign=postreply
    Yes it is thank you @TraxAllroad

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

And who sells the factory sport springs to complete the setup?

Veteran Member Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Allroad, 2015 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post

I did get the side assist option. As a side note, the side assist works great in general. However, I have noticed a few glitches. When driving for and extended time (~2 hours or more) when it is raining really hard (lots of backsplash) or snowing hard they side assist system will stop working with an error in the DIS stating the sensors are blocked. Only way to "reset" the system is to stop and turn the car off. I've had the system checked out by dealer and had a software update (couple years ago). that hasn't completed resolved the issue though. I've just learned to live with it as it happens fairly infrequently.
    this also happens if sitting in very heavy traffic for long periods of time.
    2013 Allroad
    Q5 front brakes|GIAC Stage 1 v2|20" RS5 V-Spokes|H&R AR Springs|LED interior|SQ5 Steering wheel|tint: front 35% rear:7%|034 Downpipe|Stasis exhaust|Alu Kreuz|ECS Skidplate

Established Member Two Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DirtD1ver View Post
    ACC was an option on prestige models and it was bundled with drive select. I think they dropped it in 16 and just had drive select.
    I have a 15' prestige with ADS, every option but no ACC.

slave of corruption
    2010 S4: Stasis tune/ Stasis 20x9 Mesh wheels/ Stasis exhaust

AZ Member #

Car-parts.com. I've found complete mirrors from S4's and A4's from $300/side. Too much $$ if you ask me. Plasti dip? The bright aluminum is pretty spot on to match the mirror covers.

slave of corruption

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki View Post
    Yes it is thank you @TraxAllroad
    Sorry, I'm looking for the carbon fiber version with the cut outs...anyone know where I can find these?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    Car-parts.com. I've found complete mirrors from S4's and A4's from $300/side. Too much $$ if you ask me. Plasti dip? The bright aluminum is pretty spot on to match the mirror covers.

slave of corruption

I ended up taking a shot on these (not brushed but I think the chrome could be a nice compliment to the grille, etc)...I'll let everyone know how they turn out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322163596414...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

AZ Member #

Those look nice! I've got a few Cans of Bright Aluminum dip I'll try today as well. Anyone have a link for removing the mirror covers? I know I've read a good tutorial on here before, I just can't find it.

slave of corruption

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone having trouble with getting the passenger side mirror to lower when the car is in reverse? With carista it says it's enabled, and I have the adjustment knob turned to the right, but nothing happens. Is there something I need to do in the hidden menu?

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone having trouble with getting the passenger side mirror to lower when the car is in reverse? With carista it says it's enabled, and I have the adjustment knob turned to the right, but nothing happens. Is there something I need to do in the hidden menu?
    I don't remember exactly, but I believe when the car is in reverse, adjust the mirror to where you want it when the car is in reverse (mirror switch in the R position). When you put the car in drive and start to drive away the mirror will return to its original position. From that point forward, anytime the mirror switch is in the R position and the car is in reverse the mirror will move to the reverse position.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Parked/Waiting on VW: 2011 Touareg TDI Lux

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stock parts

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    I don't remember exactly, but I believe when the car is in reverse, adjust the mirror to where you want it when the car is in reverse (mirror switch in the R position). When you put the car in drive and start to drive away the mirror will return to its original position. From that point forward, anytime the mirror switch is in the R position and the car is in reverse the mirror will move to the reverse position.
    Yeah once in reverse you need to adjust your passenger mirror where you want it set it to. And once you shift back to Drive it should move back to its previous location.

Is your car a Premium, I thought P+ and Prestige had these on by default?

Corey

2016 allroad quattro

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah once in reverse you need to adjust your passenger mirror where you want it set it to. And once you shift back to Drive it should move back to its previous location.

Is your car a Premium, I thought P+ and Prestige had these on by default?
    It's a prestige & was coded to lower in carista when I looked at it but was wondering if something was different in the allroads. I'll try the mirror adjustment later, thanks!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Did it have to be coded on carista? Shouldn't it do it from the factory?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stock parts

It's a prestige & was coded to lower in carista when I looked at it but was wondering if something was different in the allroads. I'll try the mirror adjustment later, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    Did it have to be coded on carista? Shouldn't it do it from the factory?
    Yes, it is already a feature and just needs to be set. Its not hidden via vagcom like Remote Windows.

Corey

2016 allroad quattro

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yes, it is already a feature and just needs to be set. Its not hidden via vagcom like Remote Windows.
    Just for everyone that didn't know, the "setting the mirrr while in reverse" trick works. It's weird that default isn't sort of lowered.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stock parts

Just for everyone that didn't know, the "setting the mirrr while in reverse" trick works. It's weird that default isn't sort of lowered.
    Agreed. I knew of it from my last b8.5, and I found it by accident on that one lol.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Corey

2016 allroad quattro

AZ Member #

Good to know.

AZ Member #

I ended up taking a shot on these (not brushed but I think the chrome could be a nice compliment to the grille, etc)...I'll let everyone know how they turn out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322163596414...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Here is Bright Aluminum metalized Plasti dip. The second picture is next to my S4 for comparison. I can get daylight pics tomorrow. I think it matches the aluminium roof rails and door blade trim pieces really well. It's not exactly same as the S4 mirror, which has more if a metal/chrome shine to it

slave of corruption

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    Here is Bright Aluminum metalized Plasti dip. The second picture is next to my S4 for comparison. I can get daylight pics tomorrow. I think it matches the aluminium roof rails and door blade trim pieces really well. It's not exactly same as the S4 mirror, which has more if a metal/chrome shine to it

slave of corruption
    Thanks!

AZ Member #

Well, I may have spoken too soon. In the OE location, I can vent the sunroof but not open it. I may try moving the front bar a little bit forward to see if that helps. The roof opens about 90% of the way before it starts to slide, so I think a little bit of adjustment will allow me to fully open the roof. I'll report back with my findings.
    Sean, did you ever try moving the AeroBlade version to clear the sunroof? Seriously considering getting these now but not sure if they will be any improvement over my current whispbars.
    '13 GLACIER WHITE ALLROAD

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Avantiator View Post
    Sean, did you ever try moving the AeroBlade version to clear the sunroof? Seriously considering getting these now but not sure if they will be any improvement over my current whispbars.
    No, I didn't. I know that @callaghan had some luck with his though.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Avantiator View Post
    I modded my Whisp bars to clear the sunroof on my JSW. I used some rubber stoppers that go on the bottom of furniture normally to raise them slightly. I did mount mine a bit further back than recommended so my euro fork mounts backwards but there is no issues. It's also nice because I mounted the first Whisp bar right above the natural break in the two glass pieces so if you look up through the Pano the Whisp bar does not make another break in the sight line.

More than happy to post pix or answer questions if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings callaghan.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

No, I didn't. I know that @callaghan had some luck with his though.

Yup, i have full sunroof function with my AeroBlade Edge bars. I moved them .5" forward from the marked location. I also just sanded down alittle of the plastic on the bottom of the bars where it was every-so-lightly touching the glass...just the corner/edge of the plastic foot on the bars. If i turn it full dial the sunroof will return, but if I do half-dial then another half-dial, it goes all the way back. Strange, but works and looks great.

Much better option than the Whispbars as you can mount in the proper location on your roof/ don't need to add any home-made risers...either of which are not recommended and would not pass City Crash standards.

Let me know if you need anymore info!
    avantlife.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Now that it is tax season, I am thinking of doing my first modification to my '13 Allroad. I would like to lower it (not slammed on air) and will be doing a set of Bilstein PSS10's with the Stern adjustable control arms (inspired by Killerboots). I figured it is best to invest and do the control arms now since they should pay for themselves in the long run by saving tire wear. Any recommendations on cheapest place to buy the coilovers and arms? Amazon (of all places) seems to have the lowest price I can find on the coilovers. Anything else I need to do or be aware of? Do I need to do adjustable swaybar mounts too to keep all of the suspension components within stock specs? What about keeping the springs from making any "clunking" noise during slow tight turns? Lastly, what settings do you suggest for near stock ride quality?

Thanks up front for any feedback and sorry for all the questions.

Senior Member Two Rings DarkSideGTI's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This car is listed FS locally. Is this a thing? Or did the previous owner stop half way through a swap?
    Attached Images
    2004 Big Turbo R32
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Sport on 33's
    2015 Monsoon Grey S3

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSideGTI View Post
    This car is listed FS locally. Is this a thing? Or did the previous owner stop half way through a swap?
    Looks like it was a swap in progress, staring with the headliner itself. Either that or the previous owner sold/traded all the black pieces that were easy to remove and swapped in grey pieces before trading the car.

Veteran Member Three Rings callaghan.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Can I picture refresh for the link to my thread?

avantlife.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by callaghan. View Post
    Can I picture refresh for the link to my thread?

Done & done.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have a '13 Prestige also. Mine came with everything except the adaptive cruise control and drive select.

Mine is at the dealership right now as its started to gain a few issues....
    - Transmission started clunking shifting in and out of 2nd gear. Theres a software update out now for the TCM that is supposed to correct that issue, from what the dealer has told me.
    - The famous electronic magnetic feeling steering issue.
    - And glitches in the lane change assist, which is why I'm quoting pwdrskr...

The lights in my wing mirrors would randomly start flashing when I was on an off-ramp. No cars around me, no light posts, fences ect. Indicator on, lane change sensor lights goes nuts.
    The other issues i was seeing with these was when driving on the highway the sensor lights would turn on and ramp up in brightness and then dim out. Like I turned them on and off.
    No other issues. This was rare and random. Didn't think much of it.
    I have took the allroad in for the steering issue (3rd time now, each time with no positive outcome) and told them about the lane change assist lights glitching.
    There's a tech bulletin out now for the Lane change assist. Dealership has told me that they have replaced my whole back bumper with a new one, new proximity radars, sensors and modules..
    They are also saying that the steering issues could be linked to the lane change assist acting up...? Thoughts on this?

Whats the latest outcome on the steering issues on the allroads? All I can find is old threads where people are getting steering racks replaced to temporally correct the issue and that Audi has no clue whats creating the issue.
    I'm about to hit my 50k warranty mark so I wanted to get something set in stone on the steering.

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post